United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5532 Jul 10, 2013
Good afternoon everyone! I've been on vacation but now i'm back! Here is an excellent sermon by Bro. W F Washington entitled "Religious Division is a Sin Before God" there are 4 parts, I attached part 1 to start. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/BbtVERg-2So
Help

United States

#5534 Jul 14, 2013
I'm seeking more knowledge. Will someone please help?
Eyes Wide Open

Charlotte, NC

#5535 Jul 14, 2013
Help wrote:
I'm seeking more knowledge. Will someone please help?
Exactly what knowledge are you seeking? The truth? Have you done research on your own? On the internet? Read through this board? The bible? For startes read Matt: 23:9. I'm sure others will chime in. Just need to know what you are seeking.
Eyes Wide Open

Charlotte, NC

#5536 Jul 14, 2013
@Help
Pardon my manners. Welcome. I hope you find the knowledge you seek.

AGAPE
Help

United States

#5537 Jul 14, 2013
Test
Help

United States

#5538 Jul 14, 2013
@EWO I'm not here debate with anyone. I will say I'm a member that's going through my "something ain't right" stage as you or others MAY have gone through. I tried Sunday school but what's taught is only what they want you to know and the brother/sister battle at the end of class is not necessary and is very distracting. Daddy's club is rediculous also. Will post more when someone replies. I have to vent
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5539 Jul 15, 2013
Help wrote:
@EWO I'm not here debate with anyone. I will say I'm a member that's going through my "something ain't right" stage as you or others MAY have gone through. I tried Sunday school but what's taught is only what they want you to know and the brother/sister battle at the end of class is not necessary and is very distracting. Daddy's club is rediculous also. Will post more when someone replies. I have to vent
Good morning "Help"

1st I want to say welcome to the blog! This is a place where you can vent and look to others who too have felt the same way you are now feeling. I too stopped and really looked at all of the unnecessary happenings that have become to be tradition in the HOP and asked myself is this really what God requires of us??? God gave you common sense for a reason and he gives us the bible to search for the answers. Like myself and others have stated here that you MUST step out of the traditional HOP mentality and look to God for answers. The HOP is 90% of what daddy say do and 10% of what God says, and that is incorrect mathematics. It always should be 100% of what God would have us to do since he has ALL authority! Remember what Jesus told Satan when he tried to temp after his 40 day/night fast in Matt 4:10 "You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve". It say NOTHING about serving a man. All that money raising that is going on in there is for the Bishop not the members. If you were in need you couldn't go to daddy and ask for help. Read 1 Cor. 16:1-2 this is how we are to give our offering not have battles between each other. This doesn't teach love it teaches division. I could go on and on but I will give you space to speak.

God bless
Help

United States

#5540 Jul 15, 2013
Lol you have much to say which is good however I'm still nervous about this to a degree and would like somewhat to put a pic with you meaning how deep were you in ex: were you top ten? Singer ? President? Mistress of ceremony? Not asking for personal info but you see where I'm coming from. Me? I'm part I a well known an respected group and have been all over, la ,Miami etc. I have a very small circle that I discuss this with but can't with my spouse because they're simply not ready and are "blind" to the obvious. At work and will reply with more shortly
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#5541 Jul 15, 2013
Help wrote:
Lol you have much to say which is good however I'm still nervous about this to a degree and would like somewhat to put a pic with you meaning how deep were you in ex: were you top ten? Singer ? President? Mistress of ceremony? Not asking for personal info but you see where I'm coming from. Me? I'm part I a well known an respected group and have been all over, la ,Miami etc. I have a very small circle that I discuss this with but can't with my spouse because they're simply not ready and are "blind" to the obvious. At work and will reply with more shortly
@Help Good Morning and Welcome.....

We all completely understand your unrest about coming forward with your concerns. I'm not sure how many older posts you've read but my true identity is well known. I currently live in a UHOP apartment. I was very active in the UHOP financially; never top ten but my former band has been top band several times over. In fact I served as an officer including president for many years. In short every thing you're feeling is very familiar to me and others here on this site. If I could give you one quick word of advice it would say be prepared to learn that almost everything you thought was true about the UHOP is false.

The truth is readily available it's just a matter of acceptance.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5542 Jul 15, 2013
Help wrote:
I was on a couple of well know singing groups, etc. but that is all irrelevant when it comes to our souls as Matt 7:21-23 states. I do empathize with you as I too went through the what will my spouse say, etc. What was more important to me was what will God say and I wasn't going to Hell for no one! A lot of us on here were well known and on top paying groups but that is only important in the HOP, you must learn to let that go! I had to think like the Apostle Paul did when he stated in Gal. 1:10 "For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man , I would not be a servant of Christ."
Help

United States

#5543 Jul 15, 2013
Thank you all for welcoming me. I spoke with an older individual yesterday evening after service who put several bugs in my ear regarding some of the behind the scene occurances that have taken place and muh history regarding DG. While I never allow my ears to be a dumping ground I do know that repiticious information becomes revalalation. What I mean is when we hear something from different sources over and over again then there must be SOME truth to it. When a person(s) dedicate so much time to defending something then they are hiding something. Just my philosophy. I've been here all my life over 40 years.(Tellin my age lol) and I've never felt this way until almost a year ago and of course you know all too well you can't talk like this to any and Everyone in "this great and holy kingdom" will post my issues shortly
Help

United States

#5544 Jul 15, 2013
Please don't throw too many scriptures on me at one time. My brain will start smoking and leaking antifreeze as I'm a hop member. LOL but I finally read what's after Isaiah 56:7 and WOW.
Help

United States

#5545 Jul 15, 2013
@EWO I read Matthew 23:9 and thank you also
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5546 Jul 15, 2013
Help wrote:
Thank you all for welcoming me. I spoke with an older individual yesterday evening after service who put several bugs in my ear regarding some of the behind the scene occurances that have taken place and muh history regarding DG. While I never allow my ears to be a dumping ground I do know that repiticious information becomes revalalation. What I mean is when we hear something from different sources over and over again then there must be SOME truth to it. When a person(s) dedicate so much time to defending something then they are hiding something. Just my philosophy. I've been here all my life over 40 years.(Tellin my age lol) and I've never felt this way until almost a year ago and of course you know all too well you can't talk like this to any and Everyone in "this great and holy kingdom" will post my issues shortly
What amazes me is how people can know things aren't right in the HOP but they stay in there. And that saying the HOP is right all by itself is HOG WASH! Sorry there's no scripture for that and Isa. 56:7 is not pertaining to the United House of Prayer For All Peoples.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5547 Jul 15, 2013
Help wrote:
@ Help

Hang in there and please read your bible don't take what your pastor says as bond and especially your bishop. If what you believe in can't with stand questioning then you have to find something else to believe in.(God)
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5548 Jul 15, 2013
Help wrote:
How did you hear about the blog????
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#5549 Jul 15, 2013
Help wrote:
I like to be transparent because I believe it helps those who are experiencing what you're experiencing. My father left the UHOP after 70 years. He was a Sunday school teacher and even the assistant superintendent at one time. He was one of the individuals who started the Young Adult choir here in DC and their piano player for many years. When the Creator completely removes the blinders from your eyes and shows you exactly what's going on there will be nothing that can keep you there. Most of the people in their are spiritually operating on autopilot. You'd be surprised how many people think just like you but FEAR keeps everyone from expressing it. We were taught since birth that doubting the organization and the leaders is almost a death sentence. They replaced simple biblical doctrines with man made holy propaganda and traditions.

I left after about 33 years. The point I'm making is that you don't have to fear the unknown outside of the UHOP. The organization is more than a church it becomes a way of life. I might add a controlling way of life.@Help you've said that you have been experiencing those "something aint right" feelings close to a year now in the UHOP. Brother McCollough said "the wrong man can get in the seat." I say the seat was wrong from the very beginning according to scripture so what does that say about any man who sits in it?
Help

United States

#5550 Jul 15, 2013
@MSD I received this blog via text from a friend and I answer your other question as to why dot people leave when they see things aren't right? I'm only at that "something ain't right" stage as I'm sure you and others here were also. Leaving is a process as it will not only affect myself. Some things hurt coming from remembering being a granny and taken up by maids to be blessed by daddy mccollough. My issues?
1. I hate the way we are constantly badgered, exploited an extorted for not only daddy's club (which is another topic entirely) expense, state assessments, house offering, love gift, pastors offering, more expense, and now were being pimped for lady d scholastic award money and when they call your house amount collette commodore says "0 dollars" if nothing was sent in. And oh yeah now each house is nickel and dimes now I help pay mcollough schalarshiop funds now. Yes I know the old money is frozen by the IRS SMH

2. I stopped paying tithes over a year ago as it applies to the old law in the old testiment and my income has almost doubled and my spouse unemployment. Been ended. Not even worried because The Lord will make a way somehow. My philosophy is if u believe you will be cursed then you will be of course and I'm no bible scholar.

3. I stopped digesting everything that's said from the floor. These guys have to feed their families also an are trying to maintain their livelihood.

4.(I may be jumping around but I'm at work and venting) Last time db was here my vice pres told me they sacrificed their rent and auto insurance to get on daddy club.(Idiot) I guess to motivate me. One idiot asked me was I gonna get on DC. I told them "I will do my part" this is the same idiot that works two jobs and ask me for gas money.SMH another fellow club member and her husband moved in with her mother and both of them are in DC but not the poor little mother who they move in with. It's all about being seen when most don't have a pot to piss in or window........now see y'all have gotten me started. I'm way pay that trying to be seen stuff. I
Help

United States

#5551 Jul 15, 2013
Just saw your post cultistic. Reading it now an I do know you.
Eyes Wide Open

Concord, CA

#5552 Jul 15, 2013
Help wrote:
@MSD I received this blog via text from a friend and I answer your other question as to why dot people leave when they see things aren't right? I'm only at that "something ain't right" stage as I'm sure you and others here were also. Leaving is a process as it will not only affect myself. Some things hurt coming from remembering being a granny and taken up by maids to be blessed by daddy mccollough. My issues?
1. I hate the way we are constantly badgered, exploited an extorted for not only daddy's club (which is another topic entirely) expense, state assessments, house offering, love gift, pastors offering, more expense, and now were being pimped for lady d scholastic award money and when they call your house amount collette commodore says "0 dollars" if nothing was sent in. And oh yeah now each house is nickel and dimes now I help pay mcollough schalarshiop funds now. Yes I know the old money is frozen by the IRS SMH
2. I stopped paying tithes over a year ago as it applies to the old law in the old testiment and my income has almost doubled and my spouse unemployment. Been ended. Not even worried because The Lord will make a way somehow. My philosophy is if u believe you will be cursed then you will be of course and I'm no bible scholar.
3. I stopped digesting everything that's said from the floor. These guys have to feed their families also an are trying to maintain their livelihood.
4.(I may be jumping around but I'm at work and venting) Last time db was here my vice pres told me they sacrificed their rent and auto insurance to get on daddy club.(Idiot) I guess to motivate me. One idiot asked me was I gonna get on DC. I told them "I will do my part" this is the same idiot that works two jobs and ask me for gas money.SMH another fellow club member and her husband moved in with her mother and both of them are in DC but not the poor little mother who they move in with. It's all about being seen when most don't have a pot to piss in or window........now see y'all have gotten me started. I'm way pay that trying to be seen stuff. I
I echo everything you are saying.
I have said the 'something ain't right' feeling for me started from the man himself (Bailey). Just the way he talked to people, and the start up of daddy's club. I stopped going out when he came to town over a year ago. My thoughts were,'what's the use?' He didn't preach, really. Got the money and left. I went out Saturday night of Father's day weekend in Charlotte, my last.
I was on the 3rd top club in the 'kingdom'. One day I just advised my president that I was resigning. Tired of going through the motions. I was reading this board, talking to other 'like minded' friends, and doing my research. When my 'eyes became wide open' is when I said enough is enough. And distanced myself. I just can't go to hell with my EYES WIDE OPEN. I just can't. I definately feel your pain. But when you come into clear understanding, you will be at such peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Pope John Paul III 549,035
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey Tue Serkan Turkbayram 6
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Oct 20 Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE