United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
Eyes Wide Open

Charlotte, NC

#5512 Jul 5, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT: Tithes are no longer required. Trust me UHOP clergy are well aware of this fact. For those who want to give the 10% in a church so bet it. However, just be aware that you will not be cursed if you don't give it. The not paying tithes and getting a curse ideology is nothing more than psuedo-Christian fear mongering.
G-Class and all of the other stupid collections are all about control. The more money people blindly give to the leadership the more subservient they are. The theme they keep drilling in your head to get you to look the other way is "look what WE have". Pure foolishness
In conversation a few months ago, I brought up this very subject. I was wondering since The tithes scripture in Malichi was in the OT, was there something in the NT taking precedence over it. Were tithes still required? Thank you for clearing that up for me Cultastic. And the fact that you say the clergy are well aware (and I'm including ALL) I'm not surprised. Organized religion does seem to be quite the money maker.
Eyes Wide Open

Charlotte, NC

#5513 Jul 5, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
A lot of things that is taught in the UHOP, if you apply common sense to it don’t make any sense. UHOP members were taught to rely on a Mans teaching with very little proof to back up what he was saying. Always remember Grace first appealed to low self esteem, uneducated, ready to give up on life Black people. He had the gift of gab with the Charisma and Charm to bank on. He said all the right things they wanted to hear. Most Black people in those days and some today believe being Black was a curse.
Here comes this Man with the biggest scam in the world and they fell for it. No one talked about Cults, it was not defined what a Cult was in those days. By telling UHOP they were the only ones God wanted made UHOP members feel special.
Grace always said,“Too much Education made you Stupid”, in order to keep his control. That statement on its own should have waked the people up. They had nothing to go by so they believed it. His teaching keep his members oppressed.
With all the Men today in the UHOP, they still have no voice say a lot about Mind Control.
A lot of UHOP members stay because they feel a sense of belonging. Most don’t take the time to believe in themselves. Most don’t even take the time to THINK period. Once you take the time to think for yourself you see everything in a different light.
I thank God everyday for this Board. When I go away, I can’t wait to get back and read. I truly believe this board has help a lot of members see that following a Man is a one way ticket to Hell.
I'm in total agreement with everything you've said. And thank you for all your encouragement and wisdom. I look forward to reading the board as well. I have learned so much.
I used to wonder why the gap in time from when Grace came to America 1902, and when he actually stated the UHOP in 1919. Especially if God sent him. What took so long? He went to other races, religions, who weren't having it. Then he found us. Who received him unconditionally. You know I liken this UHOP phenomenon unto the Willie Lynch treatment. Same thing. Light against dark; insider don't trust outsider. Massa is here to help\protect you. You can't think for yourself. Too much education will make you stupid. Controlling with fear and distrust. Genius.
Eyes Wide Open

Charlotte, NC

#5514 Jul 5, 2013
@Christ is the Answer thanks for the encouragement.
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So did I, and many others on this blog. Your concern and thoughts about it is not uncommon and has reached a level of doubt because we have reflected on that moment of feeling the shaking, the movement, the rolling, the “uncontrollable”shout. What a powerful aspect of the UHOP that makes one feel like its all real…genuine. That’s powerful!“If the HOP wasn’t right, I would be gone!” Heard that phrase before? It’s right because we felt that uncontrollable shout. Besides, there’s no other defense because understanding the HOP by the Bible does not exist other than the misunderstood recurring Isaiah 56:7. What other defense do you have besides what you felt – the uncontrollable shout to determine the validity of the UHOP experience?
The APOSTASY of the church is a CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT of today. You have to understand what the charismatic movement is in order to understand what took place when we were on our knees “seeking for the Holy Ghost”. As a start, understand Bishop “Daddy” Grace! Understand his motive. He was “sweet”- very “sweet”– had the type of charisma that was hard to decline. Mesmerizing! He asked wives in front of their husbands if they loved him more than their husbands, and the wife would agree. Get a grip of who Daddy Grace was first. Members and nonmembers were in love with him, himself.
Proceed with this: 2 Thess 2:9 (NIV)“ The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie,” AND check out verse: 10 “and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.” In Matthew 24:24 Jesus warns us that these things were coming. And we people that came up in the UHOP were caught up in it. There are many deceivers in the apostacy. When you get a moment, click on the youtube video in posting #5403. Has a really good illustration of what we were doing under A “spirit” in the UHOP. It really was “a spirit”. No doubt. It’s real, but does not necessarily mean that it was of God. Besides, whose name were you seeking in the first place? Was it daddy’s? Whatever spirit daddy has, we begged him for it. Remember? We called him fast and hard…pleading. We begged him. So of course, believing it….you got it. Doesn’t necessarily mean it was Gods. Search the scriptures and share with us where you will find Jesus or our Creator instructing us to do this. Get ahold of that youtube video in posting #5403. There’s a part 1 and 2.
@Eyes on Christ
I think the very videos that you're speaking of is kinda what prompted my question. I must admit, it scared me. I didn't look at the video in it's entirety because I was thinking,'oh that doesn't apply to me'. And I get everything you're saying...just don't want to believe that the spirit is anything other than of God.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#5515 Jul 6, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
In conversation a few months ago, I brought up this very subject. I was wondering since The tithes scripture in Malichi was in the OT, was there something in the NT taking precedence over it. Were tithes still required? Thank you for clearing that up for me Cultastic. And the fact that you say the clergy are well aware (and I'm including ALL) I'm not surprised. Organized religion does seem to be quite the money maker.
The next time you get into a debate or discussion with a person (especially a UHOP minister) who says that tithes are still required refer them to the 20th Chapter of Leviticus and ask them why we don't practice those OT laws anymore as opposed to the tithing law. Pay close attention to the 18th verse and ask them if they're guilty of that one (evil grin). I promise you they'll walk away from you.

Just as a matter of intellectual discussion for my UHOP sisters and brothers who believe that their filthy lucre raised in the church is about GOD do some research on the Federal Reserve and who owns it. Then go further to understand who created our current currency and determine if "GOD" really wants your 10% every week in church.

AGAPE
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5516 Jul 6, 2013
Cultastic
You know if UHOP members won’t read the Bible, they sure are not going to read History. A lot of people don’t understand the real reason JFK was killed. He wanted to take that control away from those people controlling the Federal Reserve and give it to the Government.

With the Government controlling the Money, the people could have had a fair share. See what having a lot of Money can do. It gives you the Power to control everything. That’s what Puffy is doing to his members. He is striping them of any control for them to move around freely.

Church is not supposed to consume your life; you are supposed to enjoy everything life has to offer within reason. It’s funny how UHOP people continue to give the Devil so much credit and God very little.

See what following a Man will do for you. They have no clue they should be enjoying everything Puffy is.

You young people better enjoy your life, there is no second chance. Stop following those old folks that frown down on your youth. Life is shorter then you think. Go out and explore Gods earth, there is a lot to see. When you get to Heaven you can give God his praise on a job well done on the beautiful sights this world has to offer, Its there for you to take advantage of.
pope blows jesus

Ashland, PA

#5517 Jul 7, 2013
jfk was killed cause he like to molest little girls.

jfk was the biggest pervert to become president.
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#5518 Jul 8, 2013
@ Gee-Tee i agree with you 100% like my old pastor said it is more to life then church i always referred to proverbs 11:1 where it says a false balance is an abomination but a just wweight is his delight. i took that as whatever we do in life there has to be a balance. for me i use to do all that band traveling all year wrong but i couldnt never take my wife no wear so i had to make a change because my marriage is most important than a lil toot toot on the band stand, and every since i applied that scripture to me our lives have been very good. Q cultastic im going to read that scripture that you qouted earlier about the tithes.
life is wonderful and full of peace. im glad this forum is up cause i have learned a lot even with my own research. keep it going
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5519 Jul 8, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to wonder why the gap in time from when Grace came to America 1902, and when he actually stated the UHOP in 1919. Especially if God sent him. What took so long?
See what a little thinking can do for you. The hand writing was on the wall and no one even thought too ask what was Grace doing for 17 years. Now he’s your Savior, God’s Representative, your only path to Heaven. You will now see the false teaching in a lot of things you were made to believe. Keep on Thinking, your Brain can handle it.
PA girl

Wayne, PA

#5520 Jul 8, 2013
It just saddens me how whoever you people are can grow up in the house of prayer and talk so badly about it. I'm 19 and I'm actually sad reading all these comments. For the ones trying to defend the HOP, don't. You know what you believe in so don't let others who are being indignant and ignorant upset you.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5521 Jul 8, 2013
PA girl wrote:
It just saddens me how whoever you people are can grow up in the house of prayer and talk so badly about it. I'm 19 and I'm actually sad reading all these comments. For the ones trying to defend the HOP, don't. You know what you believe in so don't let others who are being indignant and ignorant upset you.
It saddens me to know that at the just beginning too ripe age of 19 you feel the need to defend anyone. You should be out enjoying life. You’ll have plenty of time to defend something once you have experience life. It also saddens me that you took the time too read our comments, yet you read them with out understanding them. Thank you for your comment, at leased we know UHOP members are still reading.
Was there to

Charlotte, NC

#5522 Jul 8, 2013
@ Egyptology Bishop Bailey did not ask that when he reached the mountain he wished all the fathers Happy Fathers Day then he had Acts 3:25 read then he said enough said. Lets tell things as they are.
Eyes Wide Open

Charlotte, NC

#5523 Jul 8, 2013
PA girl wrote:
This is a prime example of how and why the UHOP has continued for so long. With all the 'proof' that has been unearthed. All the confessions of 'yes it happened to me too'. All the links and scriptures. Newspaper articles and even quotes from UHOP literature itself.
I was just questioning today, how this got by the bible scholars. The one's that know the bible cover to cover. How this got by the people back in Grace's day. That heard the stories. That knew someone that it happened to. Knew someone that went to the house in Havana. Sure there are many that left, but not enough to make the UHOP irrelevant today.
I guess my answer is: people believe what they want to believe. In my own defense, I was born into it. I believed what was told to me. But as the adage goes,'when you know better, you do better'. And now I know better and am getting as far away as I possible can. It just saddens me that everybody doesn't see it. And that just sparked in my mind the old song; 'If Everybody Knew Daddy, What a wonderful World This Would Be'. Well, if everybody REALLY knew about daddy, yes, how wonderful it really would be.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#5524 Jul 8, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
@ Gee-Tee i agree with you 100% like my old pastor said it is more to life then church i always referred to proverbs 11:1 where it says a false balance is an abomination but a just wweight is his delight. i took that as whatever we do in life there has to be a balance. for me i use to do all that band traveling all year wrong but i couldnt never take my wife no wear so i had to make a change because my marriage is most important than a lil toot toot on the band stand, and every since i applied that scripture to me our lives have been very good. Q cultastic im going to read that scripture that you qouted earlier about the tithes.
life is wonderful and full of peace. im glad this forum is up cause i have learned a lot even with my own research. keep it going
Here you go brother. Click on the link below and listen to this Pastor regarding tithes. Also look through the related links and you'll see many videos with scripture reference to help you understand why we're no longer required to pay tithes. Prayerfully my UHOP sister and brothers will receive this information with an open mind.

If you have about an hour to spare watch this brother. He does a good job of breaking down the scriptures regarding tithing as well. It's seven parts. I put the link to part one you'll see the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#5526 Jul 9, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
Cultastic
You know if UHOP members won’t read the Bible, they sure are not going to read History. A lot of people don’t understand the real reason JFK was killed. He wanted to take that control away from those people controlling the Federal Reserve and give it to the Government.
Here's something for my intellectual UHOP sisters and brothers to ponder (click on the link below) since they believe that GOD needs our money. Also refer to Romans 13:8

@Gee-Tee you're absolutely correct. Ron Paul barely got any media coverage in the last election for the very same reason. He was very outspoken regarding the Federal Reserve and his critical views on the US banking system. Without going too far most of us don't understand the real reason Martin Luther King was killed based upon his open opposition to the Vietnam war and his ability to organize people to protest against the machine.

The bottom line is, in the UHOP conformity is what the leadership demands because the few in power benefit from the ignorance of the members. They pretend to care about the welfare of the members by throwing a few bones like cheaply constructed apartments but the truth is they all have/had personal agendas which they are fulfilling through your lack of knowledge UHOP sisters and brothers. Just like the mighty Gee-Tee has stated life is short and we only get one. Your Daddy and his in-crowd are well aware of this and they take full advantage of this earthly life at your expense literally.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#5527 Jul 9, 2013
One last post.....

I'm definitely not a fan of the Catholic church but I found the Pope's statement (see the article below) to be very commendable.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/06/pop...

Now UHOP sisters and brothers why does Brother Bishop need a Maybach? I know lots of UHOP members that struggle to feed their children and make ends meet. Many of them are very active in the UHOP financial Ponzi scheme. There's something seriously wrong with this picture. I'm confused as to why GOD made Jesus (his own son) suffer a poor life then turn around let his "modern day representative (that you elected)" live an opulent life at the expense of starving followers. Something just doesn't add up. I refuse to believe that the Most High is a hypocrite.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#5528 Jul 9, 2013
This video is 45 minutes but for my UHOP sisters and brothers on the fence please take a look at this video if you have a moment. You'll see some striking similarities. The over riding theme is unconditional obedience to the leader of the sect.

Also for those who doubt the stories of sexual abuse at the hands of Daddy this will give you incite into why the victims kept quiet.
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#5529 Jul 9, 2013
@ was there too or also.........i know what i heard and to verify what i heard i had ask plenty of people that was their just to make sure i heard him correctly, come to find out i wasnt hearing things, those people heard the exact same thing. i'm not going crazy im not here to find whats wrong but i clearly pay attention, and when you read your bible you can tell if the preacher is lying or not so i told it like it was, i will not get into it with you cause im about peace. when you study your bible on your own and do your own research and only rely on GOD almighty since we do have access to that great spirit just like the bishop do you will really be surprise of the ways that GOD can guide your life...... i come in peace have a bless day and enjoy life.
Eyes Wide Open

Charlotte, NC

#5530 Jul 10, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
Now UHOP sisters and brothers why does Brother Bishop need a Maybach? I know lots of UHOP members that struggle to feed their children and make ends meet. Many of them are very active in the UHOP financial Ponzi scheme. There's something seriously wrong with this picture. I'm confused as to why GOD made Jesus (his own son) suffer a poor life then turn around let his "modern day representative (that you elected)" live an opulent life at the expense of starving followers. Something just doesn't add up. I refuse to believe that the Most High is a hypocrite.
I found this interesting as well:
Eyes Wide Open

Charlotte, NC

#5531 Jul 10, 2013
"I am important. I am somebody". Is how a lot of so-called men of God think of themselves. Which we all are important and somebody as well. However, this was just comical. Kinda reminded me of Howell going off on one of his rants.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5532 Jul 10, 2013
Good afternoon everyone! I've been on vacation but now i'm back! Here is an excellent sermon by Bro. W F Washington entitled "Religious Division is a Sin Before God" there are 4 parts, I attached part 1 to start. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/BbtVERg-2So

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr hojo 560,141
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web