United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10755 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Eyes Wide Open

Browns Summit, NC

#5472 Jun 30, 2013
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5473 Jul 1, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think that members are aware that they can over-rule anything. I'll stick my neck out for the sake of example. I have never read the by-laws, truth and facts or any of that stuff.
Good Morning mighty sister @Eyes Wide Open. Most people in the UHOP don't read the literature that the UHOP prints. In fact, reading the literature was the catalyst for why I got my hat and coat. I like to discuss this topic with common sense. With that being said let's check out a quote from the infamous Brother Grace.

"Now there is one who has done a good job in the kingdom. Everyone must sacrifice and send a donation. Every House is expected to do it's best and send in a donation to him. It is well deserved. Elder Spencer, my former chauffeur, is worthy for his deeds and service to me in the past."

Source: Grace, C. M.(1993). EPISTLES of Bishop C. M. Grace Bishop W. McCollough Bishop S. C. Madison The United House of Prayer for all People. page 22 paragraph 3, letter dated 12 October 1954 from Charlotte, NC.

By 1954 Grace was definitely a wealthy man. Please tell me why he is demanding that the members give his driver money. You mean to tell me that Bishop Grace could not afford to pay his "former" chauffeur? Don't be confused people this money slave driving concept did not start with Mr. Bailey. You don't have to take my word for it. I've cited my source so please go and read it for yourself with an open mind and not a UHOP "spiritual eye".
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5474 Jul 1, 2013
Here's another good quote from Brother Grace to get your morning started. Let's be mindful that they still sale the books in the UHOP with this propaganda in it; even though they know it's foolishness. One would think they would read over it and say we probably should omit these Epistles or make them go away.

"Judgement is approaching and when you disobey, I cannot let you in the gate. As I have told you before to have the signs, House of Prayer For All People, printed on every member's car. Some of you have failed to do this. This sign shall follow those that believe. When you don not carry this sign, I will not know you in the judgement. If you are ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, you are not worthy to enter into God's Kingdom."

Source: Grace, C. M.(1993). EPISTLES of Bishop C. M. Grace Bishop W. McCollough Bishop S. C. Madison The United House of Prayer for all People. page 29 paragraph 3, letter dated 17 November 1955 from Detroit, MI.

What on earth does a sign on a car have to do with the gospel of Jesus Christ? Who in the world told him that he had anything to do with judgement? I could go on and on. Come on sheeple this is the foundation of your doctrine; fear mongering, lies, and out right blasphemy. If you want to understand why the UHOP is the way it is go back to the foundation. Is this what your leadership wants you to "Return" to?
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5475 Jul 1, 2013
One last quote for my devoted UHOP sisters and brothers that are lurking this morning.

"God is a thought and when I am thinking of you and praying for your God is with you. You must continue to work in the House of Prayer and seek for more Grace. You must feel and see me before you can make it in."

Source: Grace, C. M.(1993). EPISTLES of Bishop C. M. Grace Bishop W. McCollough Bishop S. C. Madison The United House of Prayer for all People. page 30 paragraph 3, letter dated 27 January 1956 from Havana, Cuba.

I won't say much about this one it speaks for itself. However, please pay attention to the use of the capital G in grace. This is the reason why they don't answer questions. I would love to get a UHOP minister's thoughts about the quotes I posted this morning.
Hebrewsunite

Seattle, WA

#5476 Jul 1, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
One last quote for my devoted UHOP sisters and brothers that are lurking this morning.
"God is a thought and when I am thinking of you and praying for your God is with you. You must continue to work in the House of Prayer and seek for more Grace. You must feel and see me before you can make it in."
Source: Grace, C. M.(1993). EPISTLES of Bishop C. M. Grace Bishop W. McCollough Bishop S. C. Madison The United House of Prayer for all People. page 30 paragraph 3, letter dated 27 January 1956 from Havana, Cuba.
I won't say much about this one it speaks for itself. However, please pay attention to the use of the capital G in grace. This is the reason why they don't answer questions. I would love to get a UHOP minister's thoughts about the quotes I posted this morning.
@ Cultastic- Shaluwm dear brother there is but one thing any HOP member has to do and that is simply ask in a public venue “Where does it note any Servant of Yahusha as a gatekeeper for Shamyim?” The Scriptures are inescapably clear

*Jhn 14:6 Yahusha saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

* Jhn 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

* Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5477 Jul 1, 2013
@Cultastic and Hebrewsunite

Y'all are on fiya today!!! This is a crying shame about this false doctrine that has the minds of people still twisted today. If this isn't a wake up call I don't know what is!

God bless
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5478 Jul 1, 2013
I want to share part of a lesson with you all that I was listening to..........

JUST BECAUSE YOU GO TO CHURCH DOESN'T MEAN YOU WILL GO TO HEAVEN.
Isn't that ultimately what we all desire? Going to assemble with the saints and worship God is an important part in having that desire fulfilled. Certainly we don't want to be guilty of forsaking the assembly (Heb. 10:24,25). But, I hope you understand that God isn't going to say on Judgment Day - "All those who have been to church 1000 times or more may enter into heaven." No, it won't be like that at all. Faithfulness is not necessarily dependent upon the number of times one has gathered with the saints. Heaven is promised to those who faithfully endure the Christian life to the end. Consider some of Paul's last recorded words of inspiration in II Timothy 4:7,8 - "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing." Revelation 2:10 records these words of Christ - "...Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life."

Sadly, there are those who have been deceived into thinking that going to church regularly guarantees them a home in heaven. The Bible does not teach that! Others think that responding to an altar call and praying Jesus into their hearts will save them. The Bible does not teach that! The Lord Jesus Christ taught in Matthew 7:21 - "Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." To call on the Lord for His mercy is not sufficient, because some will do that very thing and be eternally lost! One must obey God and do His will! Jesus could not have made it any plainer! If we want to be saved from our sins and remain in God's good favor, we must do more than just warm a foot or two of pew a couple times a week. We must obey the gospel and busy ourselves doing God's will. Dear friends, don't be deceived into thinking that close association with faithful Christians will be enough to gain God's approval and get you into heaven. Just because you can bark like a dog doesn't mean that you are one. I recall that my son Adin, when he turned one, would respond with a "woof, woof" when asked what a puppy said. Of course, no one ever mistook him for a puppy when he did this. Why not? Because barking is just one small characteristic that dogs share; there are many others that define them. It's the same way spiritually. Going to church for worship and edification is wonderful, but it is just one aspect of a faithful Christian life. Assembling with the saints is important but not sufficient for a sanctified life.

In summary, let us all remember that just because we go to church doesn't mean we're real Christians--genuine Christians follow Christ in all things, not just on Sunday mornings. Just because we go to church doesn't mean our children will end up being faithful Christians. Yes, they need to come and learn about the Bible and be taught what it means to worship God properly, but if we think a couple hours a week is all the spiritual education they need, we're tragically mistaken. Just because we go to church doesn't mean our lives will go smoothly. In fact, it is probably fair to say that living as a Christian will actually make our lives even more difficult! Just because we go to church doesn't mean we will make it to heaven. Those who obey the gospel and are faithful unto death are the ones that will enjoy a heavenly home. I intend to be among that group. What about you? Are you a baptized, penitent believer? Are you living a sincere Christian life before God every day, and not just on the first day of the week?
Eyes Wide Open

Browns Summit, NC

#5479 Jul 1, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
Here's another good quote from Brother Grace to get your morning started. Let's be mindful that they still sale the books in the UHOP with this propaganda in it; even though they know it's foolishness. One would think they would read over it and say we probably should omit these Epistles or make them go away.
"Judgement is approaching and when you disobey, I cannot let you in the gate. As I have told you before to have the signs, House of Prayer For All People, printed on every member's car. Some of you have failed to do this. This sign shall follow those that believe. When you don not carry this sign, I will not know you in the judgement. If you are ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, you are not worthy to enter into God's Kingdom."
Source: Grace, C. M.(1993). EPISTLES of Bishop C. M. Grace Bishop W. McCollough Bishop S. C. Madison The United House of Prayer for all People. page 29 paragraph 3, letter dated 17 November 1955 from Detroit, MI.
What on earth does a sign on a car have to do with the gospel of Jesus Christ? Who in the world told him that he had anything to do with judgement? I could go on and on. Come on sheeple this is the foundation of your doctrine; fear mongering, lies, and out right blasphemy. If you want to understand why the UHOP is the way it is go back to the foundation. Is this what your leadership wants you to "Return" to?
I'm at a lost for words. Is gullible the right word? I'm seems that time and time again he was given a pass and could do no wrong. And he is the gate keeper??? Looks like this organization has gotten this far on desperation and ignorance. I would like to think that if I was back in those times, I would have known better. IDK. Maybe there was some form of mind control or hypnotism.
Im free

Hockessin, DE

#5480 Jul 1, 2013
@ and. If you go to church seven days a week and call on the wrong name I know you will not see god. Because he will not know you.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#5481 Jul 2, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
Can you recall the year of the "convocation badge". This was in Bailey era. ALL members had to wear a convocation badge whether on their uniform, in the kitchen, on the marching band, etc. The badge had to be worn at all times. Members were getting fined and bands were getting fined if one person forget to wear a badge. The key is....eveneven though you were commanded or else to wear a badge, you still had to PURCHASE it. Everyone in the UHOP had to purchase the badge. Only $1. But it was the principle of the matter. I believe it was Lady Dee that pushed this drive. A letter was sent out about it. If everyone is ordered to wear the badge, then why not just give it out to them for freefree. Same concept with the car sticker in Daddy Grace era, the members had to purchase it first to prove themselves faithful. The sad part is members accept this as good and holy....no questions asked. If Jesus encouraged questions...then......??
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5482 Jul 2, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you recall the year of the "convocation badge". This was in Bailey era. ALL members had to wear a convocation badge whether on their uniform, in the kitchen, on the marching band, etc. The badge had to be worn at all times. Members were getting fined and bands were getting fined if one person forget to wear a badge. The key is....eveneven though you were commanded or else to wear a badge, you still had to PURCHASE it. Everyone in the UHOP had to purchase the badge. Only $1. But it was the principle of the matter. I believe it was Lady Dee that pushed this drive. A letter was sent out about it. If everyone is ordered to wear the badge, then why not just give it out to them for freefree. Same concept with the car sticker in Daddy Grace era, the members had to purchase it first to prove themselves faithful. The sad part is members accept this as good and holy....no questions asked. If Jesus encouraged questions...then......??
I actually stopped attending service a few years before Madison passed; just an occasional visit, so I don't remember the convocation badge debacle but I'm definitely not surprised. It's clear that Brother Clarence is aware that his approval ratings are way down. Therefore him and his supporting cast of crooks come up with silly ideas just to see how devoted sheeple are to the UHOP ideology.

Here's the silly part of the equation. People will ignore it because it's just one dollar but let me explain it. They likely don't pay more than .50 a piece to have them mass produced. Now the kicker is they use your Daddy's Club money as start up monies for their convocation badge business venture. Which means you already paid .50 for the badge. They turn right back around and sell it to you knowing you're not going to question anything. If that is what GOD ordered his "leader of the people" to do that would make him a holy Frank Lucas.

It's street hustling 101. They extort money from members requiring them to pay money to "serve" GOD. Then they take that money and buy product(s) for the low. They slap a UHOP label/moniker on them, jack up the price and sell them to the members as "blessed". I'm trying to understand the difference between the title pimp and Bishop......
Eyes on Christ

United States

#5483 Jul 2, 2013
MSD wrote:
I want to share part of a lesson with you all that I was listening to..........
JUST BECAUSE YOU GO TO CHURCH DOESN'T MEAN YOU WILL GO TO HEAVEN.
Isn't that ultimately what we all desire? Going to assemble with the saints and worship God is an important part in having that desire fulfilled. Certainly we don't want to be guilty of forsaking the assembly (Heb. 10:24,25). But, I hope you understand that God isn't going to say on Judgment Day - "All those who have been to church 1000 times or more may enter into heaven." No, it won't be like that at all. Faithfulness is not necessarily dependent upon the number of times one has gathered with the saints. Heaven is promised to those who faithfully endure the Christian life to the end. Consider some of Paul's last recorded words of inspiration in II Timothy 4:7,8 - "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing." Revelation 2:10 records these words of Christ - "...Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life."
Sadly, there are those who have been deceived into thinking that going to church regularly guarantees them a home in heaven. The Bible does not teach that! Others think that responding to an altar call and praying Jesus into their hearts will save them. The Bible does not teach that! The Lord Jesus Christ taught in Matthew 7:21 -........
MSD, this is nothing but pure genuineness. Every word you stated in this posting was long overdue. Furthermore, so sorry for bursting anyone’s bubbles….but running to 8:00 service as often as possible is not an order by God. God expects service on earth and throughout the earth. Nothing about it is self service, nor competitive in anyway. The question is…. what is service? How does one serve God, if it’s not about 8:00 service, singing on the choir, playing on the band, shouting, and speaking babbling tongues. When one sits in the HOP and leave at the end of service, do you ever take a moment to realize how far you’ve gotten to God. Does it ever occur as to the number of people born and raised in the UHOP and still not really conducting themselves like true loving Christians? What is service for God? What does He want us to do if it’s not going just going to 8:00 service and working G-class? Those are the questions to be asked. MSD, you opened a nice path for the sincere inquisitive minds
Hebrewsunite

Bothell, WA

#5484 Jul 2, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually stopped attending service a few years before Madison passed; just an occasional visit, so I don't remember the convocation badge debacle but I'm definitely not surprised. It's clear that Brother Clarence is aware that his approval ratings are way down. Therefore him and his supporting cast of crooks come up with silly ideas just to see how devoted sheeple are to the UHOP ideology.
Here's the silly part of the equation. People will ignore it because it's just one dollar but let me explain it. They likely don't pay more than .50 a piece to have them mass produced. Now the kicker is they use your Daddy's Club money as start up monies for their convocation badge business venture. Which means you already paid .50 for the badge. They turn right back around and sell it to you knowing you're not going to question anything. If that is what GOD ordered his "leader of the people" to do that would make him a holy Frank Lucas.
It's street hustling 101. They extort money from members requiring them to pay money to "serve" GOD. Then they take that money and buy product(s) for the low. They slap a UHOP label/moniker on them, jack up the price and sell them to the members as "blessed". I'm trying to understand the difference between the title pimp and Bishop......
Luke 16:8 NIV (2011)
"The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light.
Egyptology

United States

#5485 Jul 2, 2013
my eyes have been open to a lot lately, i was listening to ray hagin a few months back and he qouted something from a well know leader Adolfe Hitler ( what luck does a leader have that people dont think) and i say, what's the point for god giving us a mind to be controlled.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5486 Jul 2, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
MSD, this is nothing but pure genuineness. Every word you stated in this posting was long overdue. Furthermore, so sorry for bursting anyone’s bubbles….but running to 8:00 service as often as possible is not an order by God. God expects service on earth and throughout the earth. Nothing about it is self service, nor competitive in anyway. The question is…. what is service? How does one serve God, if it’s not about 8:00 service, singing on the choir, playing on the band, shouting, and speaking babbling tongues. When one sits in the HOP and leave at the end of service, do you ever take a moment to realize how far you’ve gotten to God. Does it ever occur as to the number of people born and raised in the UHOP and still not really conducting themselves like true loving Christians? What is service for God? What does He want us to do if it’s not going just going to 8:00 service and working G-class? Those are the questions to be asked. MSD, you opened a nice path for the sincere inquisitive minds
Good afternoon my friend E.O.C.

I am so happy to be used by God to spread the good news since leaving the HOP. I tell you it feels so good to be able to explain what I believe in (Jesus,and the word of God)I couldn't even explain the doctrine of daddy when I was in the HOP. I say the doctrine of daddy because that's just what it was and is, God is no where in there. I want to share with you on where you can find what God requires of us in our worship to him.

Acts of Worship
Singing - without the use of instruments (Colossians 3:16; Ephesians 5:19)
Praying (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Teaching (Acts 20:7)
Communion - not once a year in LA during convocation (1Corinthians 11:23-29)
Contribution - not Tithing under the old law (1 Corinthians 16:1-2)

I will even add a bonus in there.....

Creed - The church of the New Testament follows the Bible as its only creed. No man-made creed should be used to supplement Scripture. Instead it must follow the inspired word of God, which is the perfect law of liberty (James 1:25). Anything else should be rejected (Galatians 1:6-9).

Think about this the next time you quote the HOP creed!

I truly hope this helps someone!

God Bless you all!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5487 Jul 2, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so happy to be used by God to spread the good news since leaving the HOP. I tell you it feels so good to be able to explain what I believe in (Jesus,and the word of God)I couldn't even explain the doctrine of daddy when I was in the HOP. I say the doctrine of daddy because that's just what it was and is, God is no where in there. I want to share with you on where you can find what God requires of us in our worship to him.
Acts of Worship
Creed - The church of the New Testament follows the Bible as its only creed. No man-made creed should be used to supplement Scripture. Instead it must follow the inspired word of God, which is the perfect law of liberty (James 1:25). Anything else should be rejected (Galatians 1:6-9).
God Bless you all!
Perfect. All in one nice entree'. I'm sure this will be helpful to those who are searching the scriptures. I wonder if anyone ever picked up on the "We believe in one leader as the ruler of the Kingdom of God" in the creed. It's overlooked because it became a redundant proverb for the mass for so long until it was never really explained to any members for their own understanding? It really explains the perception of “Daddy”. These shared scriptures, MSD, are good and on point. The works are found in these scriptures. Works had nothing to do with money.
Eyes Wide Open

Concord, CA

#5488 Jul 2, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts of Worship
God Bless you all!
MSD I want to thank you as well for providing scripture and verse on the 'works' God requires to serve him.
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#5489 Jul 3, 2013
i was in charlotte for fathers day and heard the bishop say do yall believe that i am your daddy everybody was agreeing and i wanted to scream because i was once suck up in the daddy saying until i recently came across (matt. 23:9&10) were it says call no man your father because GOD is your father. i know i didnt qoute it like it said, so now after i read that i began calling on the almighty GOD and i ask a question on why there is no big shout when they recognize GOD, that should be the ultimate praise, but i think GOD for giving me a mind to read and study and ask questions.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5490 Jul 3, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
i was in charlotte for fathers day and heard the bishop say do yall believe that i am your daddy everybody was agreeing and i wanted to scream because i was once suck up in the daddy saying until i recently came across (matt. 23:9&10) were it says call no man your father because GOD is your father. i know i didnt qoute it like it said, so now after i read that i began calling on the almighty GOD and i ask a question on why there is no big shout when they recognize GOD, that should be the ultimate praise, but i think GOD for giving me a mind to read and study and ask questions.
@Egyptology, that is one thing that you will notice after you start making your move to serve the real God, the Creator. You will pick up that He is not the one being worshipped in the UHOP; the members don't get excited about the Creator because they have never been introduced to God and most refuse to consider it; therefore they only get excited about another humanbeing that the Creator created. It is WRONG and displeasing to God. You are on the right track by using your bible to base true worship. Don't stop. Keep reading, many great things from God will be revealed to you if you search sincerely. You will love it and find that all the many years of UHOP ways has overshadowed something Amazing....that words cannot describe. Ask, seek, and knock and you will find (Matthew 7:7-8) May God bless you in your spiritual endeavors.
Gee-Tee

Staten Island, NY

#5491 Jul 3, 2013
One thing I had to check my self on when I left the UHOP was my spirit. The UHOP spirit is so cross that they hurt each other without realizing they are hurting you. Since love was never taught, but competing with each other was, it was hard to tell the difference. By having this money competition, certain positions, made people think they were better then others.

The UHOP put its members on a class system. That’s why they fight each other. These Bishops knew the names of Top Payers, Band Leaders, Lead Singer, Piano Players, Maids, etc., Others they barely new their faces.

These kinds of competition always kept members looking down their noises. I had to do a lot of praying even today. It’s easy to slip back into the UHOP ways because it’s like a drug. We said Thank you Daddy so much it was ingrain in our heads. We only call Gods name when we wanted to thank God for Daddy.

That’s why for a long time, I stayed my distance. You can know a member all you life and say one thing they think is wrong they lash out at you like the Devil himself.

Trust was another thing that was stripped from us. Family is important yet they made you feel unwanted in a big way. Our trust was in these Men so strong that we never took time to see the trust in each other.

Jealousies is unreal, I have a sign in my home that reads,“I Envy No One”. I read it every day, because there is nothing anyone has that I can’t get. Yet UHOP members get mad because you have and they don’t.

So I say to those that has finally taken this plunge, this road will not be easy. But the outcome is going to be great. Daddy failed me many times; God has not failed me yet. I can’t beat Gods given no matter how I try. I’m not alone anymore; I have God on my side. I’m pushing the seventies real fast, yet my Life, Health and Strength is still strong.

This is what God will do for you. You’ll find the things you did in the UHOP you will never do no more, you will know the difference between right and wrong and care about it. You will want to Love and show Love with everyone you meet. You will no longer fall for any day to day schemes. God is guiding your footsteps now and he will truly lead you through all the right paths.

Born again, when you give your Heart to God you will know the difference. The Devil, he will appear in the strangest ways, you now have God on your side. Use me, I am here for encouragements, feel free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Gays Celebrate Pe... 699,304
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43