United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Comments (Page 260)

Showing posts 5,181 - 5,200 of8,100
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Married n2 UHOP

Ranburne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

WOW. . Since the UHOP has sooo much money, I wish the missions can receive some assistance.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Married n2 UHOP wrote:
WOW.. Since the UHOP has sooo much money, I wish the missions can receive some assistance.
It would be nice if on one of Puffyís Piss Stops, he would give back every dime divided equally to each Church in that District.

If Puffy meant his members any good, instead of running off the mountain after heís collected his, I mean your money. He could maybe see the plight in his Memberís eyes. One thing I will give McCollough credit for, he talked to his Members and knew our names. Not Puffy he donít even recognize your face, Heís too busy playing God and Counting Money. Boy did he hit the Jackpot, Tri-Becker.

Why havenít the UHOP Members question how a Man could suddenly have compassion for others when heís had none for his Wife?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

If Iím wrong about the disrespect Puffy has for his wife. Name one Man that reaches the top and not let his Wife shine with his glory alone. Wilhelmina Bailey will never be viewed as the Madam as long as Dee hangs on her coat tail. Looking in from the outside Puffy has two wives.

Thatís the one thing you all should definitely stop. Dee should sit down. She should go live in that Million Dollar House that the UHOP Members paid for that sits empty. Dee was Secretary for two Bishops, Wife of the third Bishop and only God knows her role with the fourth Bishop. What does Dee have to do die out too?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Things UHOP Member needs to be aware of check out these sites..........

http://www.church.re/company-united-house-pra...

Question: When did Brenda Hall become the UHOP Religious Leader?

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/DC-Washi...

Comment from Member

I too am a member of the House of Prayer; however, I am not blind. There are many that play their horns till the wee hours of the morning outside. And as far as their management team, they are the worst people to deal with. They think that as a tenant, you're not suppose to complain about the mishaps of the unit, however, if you miss a month a rent, they're so willing to put you out. Most churches I know of in the area help those in need when it comes to rent, utility bills, etc. Can the House of Prayer say the same? No. I have been a member for the past 27 years, but I am starting to look else where because SOMETHING just aint right!

Please count the zeros
http://www.dandb.com/businessdirectory/united...

UHOP Annual Revenue
$ 8,800,000.00
Married n2 UHOP

Ranburne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

8 WHAT........
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
Comment from Member
I too am a member of the House of Prayer; however, I am not blind. There are many that play their horns till the wee hours of the morning outside. And as far as their management team, they are the worst people to deal with. They think that as a tenant, you're not suppose to complain about the mishaps of the unit, however, if you miss a month a rent, they're so willing to put you out. Most churches I know of in the area help those in need when it comes to rent, utility bills, etc. Can the House of Prayer say the same? No. I have been a member for the past 27 years, but I am starting to look else where because SOMETHING just aint right!
Please count the zeros
UHOP Annual Revenue
$ 8,800,000.00
"United House of Prayer for All" (what?) Did they intentionally leave that out? Also, what is the "United House of Prayer For All from abroad that Brenda Hall is the leader of? What's goint on?
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
Comment from Member
Please count the zeros
UHOP Annual Revenue
$ 8,800,000.00
I'm reading from a page that is labeled "United House of Prayer For All" and the leader of the United House of Prayer for All is listed as Brenda Hall. Then inside the article, it reads "To request more information about the United House of Prayer For All from abroad" please call.....to speak with Religious leader Brenda Hall. Maybe it's nothing, but it just caught my attention.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm reading from a page that is labeled "United House of Prayer For All" and the leader of the United House of Prayer for All is listed as Brenda Hall. Then inside the article, it reads "To request more information about the United House of Prayer For All from abroad" please call.....to speak with Religious leader Brenda Hall. Maybe it's nothing, but it just caught my attention.
You read everything right, my question who and why are they putting her out in the front. So she can take the fall alone. How does these Ministers feel about this or do they even know. See what you find out when you surf the net. All I did was type in UHOP and all this popped up. My message to the UHOP members is they better check things out before they all get caught up in something they canít get out of.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Something is truly wrong with your Leadership if they can net a BILLION Dollars and still beg for more. Stop giving this Church your Money. Make them accountable for their actions. Neither my Parents, nor my Grand Parents lived to see New Churches. Our first Church was a Shack with saw dust floors.

Let your children see a School, Day Cares, Free Buses, more Affordable Homes in Every State, Jobs, Nursing Homes, Outreach Programs, Ministry Programs, Food Banks, Clothing Drives and a Home next to the Church for the Pastor and his family with a ROOM for these Bishops to stay in when they visits. Put a cap on the amount of Money your Bishops can keep, establish a Business Board for any Decision made pertaining to the Churches Finance. Take the strain of given off the people. Create a Church so great; God himself would want to come down in person to visit.

Ask your self is this Billion Dollar figure yearly. Wow if it is

Thank you, Sis Alexander Philadelphia, PA you were the first to post, did you know this can had worms in it.
Married n2 UHOP

Warrenton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

WOW it's going to be HOT in DC
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Married n2 UHOP wrote:
WOW it's going to be HOT in DC
I think I will be business as usual....nothing exciting and definitely NO CHANGE!
Married n2 UHOP

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I will be business as usual....nothing exciting and definitely NO CHANGE!
Too funny your are right. No change no GROWTH
Lorenzo

Cocoa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

No one can defend the actions of Brenda Hall. If there is a hell, she and Dee Madison are going to bust it wide open. I got into an argument with her a few days ago and I told her that I was not afraid of her or her gay mafia. She controls people because of her control of the apartments and the residents are too afraid to stand.up, my friends and family included. That's why God moved me to sunny Florida. Like I said before, if people just had courage to stand up to the illegal stuff that she has done, she would be gone by now. And any of her cronies can tell her I said it. She knows that I am the only one to call out her and her mafia.

And that revenue figure on the UHOP is totally incorrect. Consider that GWH has over a million dollar in tithes alone. And the church clears at least $1.2 million in rent every month. The church shouldn't be broke but it acts like it is. In 5 years the church has not spent money on any major projects. We can't name one major project.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
No one can defend the actions of Brenda Hall. If there is a hell, she and Dee Madison are going to bust it wide open. I got into an argument with her a few days ago and I told her that I was not afraid of her or her gay mafia. She controls people because of her control of the apartments and the residents are too afraid to stand.up, my friends and family included. That's why God moved me to sunny Florida. Like I said before, if people just had courage to stand up to the illegal stuff that she has done, she would be gone by now. And any of her cronies can tell her I said it. She knows that I am the only one to call out her and her mafia.
And that revenue figure on the UHOP is totally incorrect. Consider that GWH has over a million dollar in tithes alone. And the church clears at least $1.2 million in rent every month. The church shouldn't be broke but it acts like it is. In 5 years the church has not spent money on any major projects. We can't name one major project.
See I told you we agree on many things LOL.......
I Just Want To Live Right

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
FYI: There is some Major repairs (Painting/Roofing/Kitchen Work) that is going on in Norfolk #1(Va.) The conditions had gotten so bad it was down right embarrassing. The small sanctuary ceiling and walls (damage and mold) was so bad they had to STOP having service in it during the week and conducted it in the main sanctuary. The roof had Major issues over the entire Bldg. The Cafeteria had missing and bad tiles, areas of wall damage, the Ice machine, one of the deep freezers and part of the stove was not working for months and months. Even the main sanctuary had issues with leaks. The outside of the Bldg. had cracks and was badly in need of painting.
All is being repaired/replaced including the small parking lot has been repaved. The Top Dog himself (Bro. Bishop) came down and raised caine. I am glad to see that ist finally being brought back up to where it should be. HOWEVER, I FIRMLY BELIEVE HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE UPCOMING BIG 4TH OF JULY CELEBRATION TAKING PLACE THERE... that it would've continued to be at that condition even longer because it has been that way for awhile now.
If every single dime that comes in didn't have to go to DC it would be manageable at the local level. After paying so much in every imaginable expense there is... there is nothing left to keep things up to par... but you best believe their expected to.

"WHAT A CRYING SHAME" the system that is in place
Lorenzo

Cocoa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Cult astir we do agree on many things. The main difference is that I acknowledge that many things are a mystery and cannot be explained. In other words, some things just don't make sense. But I live by that old song, "By and by". It says we'll understand it better, by and by.
saved

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Why r you concern n getting on here telling this? when you put in one of your earlier post that you had left n you were looking for another church to attend! Are you concern or you just want something to talk about n put the HOP n the leadership down, if you truely want to live right that is what you should be focusing on!!!! Responding to I just want to live right
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

I Just Want To Live Right wrote:
<quoted text>
If every single dime that comes in didn't have to go to DC it would be manageable at the local level. After paying so much in every imaginable expense there is... there is nothing left to keep things up to par... but you best believe their expected to.
"WHAT A CRYING SHAME" the system that is in place
Most of the churches are falling apart. The UHOP buys property but they don't invest in the properties. Just being an objective observer leadership cuts corners on everything they buy except for the properties that belong to "Bishop" and not the UHOP (I'll expound in another post). I despise the fact that they don't really pay the UHOP members that they employ market wages. I've suggested that they send the people that they hire to school to properly educate them in their craft beyond the requirement of being a "dedicated" UHOP member. When things are not maintained properly the first thing they do is outsource or hire a contractor and cut back on the wages to the employees that are members of the UHOP. Ironically everyone turns a blind eye to how the "leadership" completely mismanages the resources (money) that the same dedicated members (employees) raise for the church. Why not properly equip your people with the tools to do the job? It's simple the UHOP has money to throw away and they could careless about waste, fraud, and abuse of power. Those who are in power didn't have to do an honest days work for what they have therefore they have no true understanding of the common working man's plight. Those blue collar workers that you essentially ignore and treat like subhumans are the ones who afford you the luxuries of your everyday life Brother Bishop and Company.

There's a problem with the doorbell in my building. The contractor charged them $200.00 just to come out and say that the intercom system couldn't be fixed until the parts came in that were ordered; maybe 20 minutes worth of work. Several tenants in the building called about the broken intercom. Therefore, not really understanding what's going on every time a tenant calls they called the very same contractor out to look at it. In my humble opinion the inexperienced management personnel is blindly dedicated to the leadership and theology of the UHOP therefore making it difficult to understand the magnitude of managing and maintaining the plethora of properties. The contractor spoke to me directly because I made the initial call. He specifically said these words: "That church just throws away money, we give them suggestions to improve conditions but they don't take any of them. If they want to pay me $200.00 just to ride by and tell them the parts are on the way just like I told them the last five times that they called, noooooo problem."

I would love to see the figures on the cost of the many bandage fixes they've done to the outdated door system in my building in the last two years verses the cost of a brand new system.

Just my two cent for the evening.... AGAPE
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
Cult astir we do agree on many things. The main difference is that I acknowledge that many things are a mystery and cannot be explained. In other words, some things just don't make sense. But I live by that old song, "By and by". It says we'll understand it better, by and by.
Yeah brother but many things in the UHOP are no longer mystery. Many "mysteries" have been solved but our ignorance keeps us from accepting the answers to those alleged mysteries. It may just be my twisted logic but in this information age "by and by" has come and gone several times over but we're too complacent in our way of UHOP life to accept the truth that resolves the aforementioned mysteries. If we continue to wait for this mysterious by and by to change the evident truth and give us the "understanding" we so desperately tarry for we may be waiting for another UHOP 90+ years.....
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

saved wrote:
Why r you concern n getting on here telling this? when you put in one of your earlier post that you had left n you were looking for another church to attend! Are you concern or you just want something to talk about n put the HOP n the leadership down, if you truely want to live right that is what you should be focusing on!!!! Responding to I just want to live right
Just a quick point @saved. Discussing the mismanagement of UHOP resources does not qualify one as NOT living right. We get it though this was just another "mind your business and leave us alone post". Let's do an exercise to help you. Let me ask you a basic question.

The media covered the story about Eddie Long allegedly having sex with young male parishioners. In your opinion were they just trying to "put him down" or were they just giving an account of the allegations? Were they wrong for running the story?

Keep in mind I'm just opening up a dialogue to get you to see things objectively when it comes to your beloved UHOP. I doubt you understand my intent none the less I'm attempting to open up that brilliant mind of yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,181 - 5,200 of8,100
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••