United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...
Comments
5,161 - 5,180 of 8,260 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
Oh, one man leadership can be jacked up at times, but one man leadership also allows the church to know who is ultimately responsible.
^^^ You're a bright mind clearly. Now when has the Daddy ever been held accountable or responsible for anything other than being a pseudo-deity? You don't have to answer this question I'm quite sure we both know the answer.

You were correct about one thing. The line is blurry about whether or not the Daddy is a prophet of profit. With all due respect, I think you're missing the point all together. Even if your UHOP is spiritually effaced in your opinion it could theoretically function in it's current state for another 90 years without dilating and subsequently delivering the holy man-child.

In order for the sooner or later to come in this mish mash of religious confusion in the UHOP you have to first identify the problems. I'm still trying to understand why the problems of others sects and denominations are relevant in this discussion about the UHOP. The "all churches have problems" mantra is a baseless point in this discussion. In my humble opinion it's just a decorated way to express the "shut up, mind your business and leave us alone" point of view. To be completely candid very few members of the UHOP have experience with expressions of worship to the Creator outside of the UHOP. Therefore, they can not qualify the statement "all churches have problems". It's just a justification to ignore the truth. For a lack of a better phrase; "it's an excuse".
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
Gee -Tee,.
God must have sent you to declare all that is wrong. But stand up like Moses. But you won't because you're a coward. Look up the definition and try not to cry as you see yourself described. Let's go Gee-Tee. Tell us how to take it over or start your own church. We're waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, for Gee-Tee to, to set us free.
God said,ďHere my Voice no matter whom it comes throughĒ

You seem to think these are new ideas I want to change. I introduce every thing I have discussed on this board with McCollough 38 years ago. McCollough would say, I was ahead of my time, things will change. Things remained the same and got worst. You see these Men knew the things they were doing were wrong, but did not want to rock the boat. Their way was working.

If I tell you who I am, are you going to denounce Puffy? What difference does it make to know the true identities of the people that post? Am I telling the truth, maybe not in the manner in which you like? Donít you think its time to take off the kids gloves and stand up to the plate?

Grace started the UHOP to get rich, thatís a fact. It never was about saving souls. Go on line and type in Immigrants that started Churches in the USA.
It was a running thing they did back in the day. Your Members are waiting for God to make the change. Why? You bring the Devil into your home, and then you want God to get him out. When do you make the first step? Shouldnít you at least open the door for him to leave?

I donít want you to agree with everything I say, if you did, I would be no better then Puffy. I want you to take the pros and cons and weight them. Try thinking for you; stop agreeing with everything you know is wrong. It only takes one person to start the ball rolling.

The UHOP has created some great unions, so there is hope. But if you continue worshiping a Man, your Hell bound. Power is not for everyone. Thatís why we have Indians and Indians Chiefs. But Power can also be dangerous if not handle properly. Look at the things Puffy wants change, the world is moving forward and he wants to take you back in time. Heís testing the waters and you all are ready to drown.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

The reason other faiths are important is because you disdain for the UHOP is always seen as a "compared to what". If you say that McDonlds does not have the best hamburgers, what you are really saying is somebody else had better hamburgers. Maybe Five Guys or Wendy's. but you are comparing it to something. So if this is so jacked up, why not steer me, and anybody else to the perfect church. And you continue to say the church has done nothing for nobody in 90 years. That's wrong. I am not a Hindu or Mulim and never will be but they do some good things that I admire. And the UHOP won't make it much longer at it's current rate. You see unlike most of you, I can see the non-growth in the church, the pressure that pastors have to raise more and more money. I see it all. In the lady 5 years the church has spent very little money and has not laid a long term vision of where it wants to go. The UHOP is like a pressure cooker. It may burst at any time. You can't continue to ask folk to give $8,000 a year for too much longer. I can say all that and still love the faith. What most of you continue to confuse is the politics of the church with the faith of the church. Politics are fleshly things. The faith is all about God. We need to learn to separate the two. The General Council is a political body. The bible is what our faith is built on.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee, I'm still waiting for you to give us the blue print to take the church over or to start the one "true" church in America. You seems to have all the answers and I for one, am ready to be set free. You would have thousands of followers in a year and millions in a few short years. Then we could call Sweet, Sweet, Big, Big Puffy.(That name is funny). Sign me up. I would help you set up a church in South Florida or Vegas. Set us free.
Imperfectly Perfect

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
I say, continue to go. Just donít get caught up in their nonsense. If you give them one cent, give yourself two. You deserve the best also. Give your money where it counts, uplifting others. Stop accepting the bone that is handed to you with the belief God will give you the rest. God helps those that help themselves.
God did not pick who should become rich. Every Rich person got there on the backs of someone else. Enjoy Heaven here on earth; you are not supposed too Die too Live. When you meet our maker, he will truly say ďWell DoneĒ.
Thank you so much! I don't entertain the mess. I get my dose of GOD'S word and I leave...
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
The reason other faiths are important is because you disdain for the UHOP is always seen as a "compared to what". If you say that McDonlds does not have the best hamburgers, what you are really saying is somebody else had better hamburgers. Maybe Five Guys or Wendy's. but you are comparing it to something.
On the contrary dear UHOP defender of the faith I've not compared the UHOP's holy hamburger to any other holy hamburger. However, just for the sake of discussion we can do so. The tithe is no longer a biblical requirement in the modern church. The Mormon church and the Catholic church both collect and require tithes; so does the UHOP. They've used those monies to build hospitals, universities, and for medical research just to name a few charitable acts on behalf of the church. In contrast how does your church compare?

The UHOP has traveled on it's current path for over 90 years, therefore as I've stated before it could continue to exist in it's current state for another 90 years untouched. As long as the $8,000+ a year continue to come in from several members unquestioned, there will be a UHOP. If not the current Daddy, do you think the election of a new the Daddy will actually bring about a change? Grace set the mold and it has worked for those in power for this long who in hell is going to break the system?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
Gee-Tee, I'm still waiting for you to give us the blue print to take the church over or to start the one "true" church in America. You seems to have all the answers and I for one, am ready to be set free. You would have thousands of followers in a year and millions in a few short years. Then we could call Sweet, Sweet, Big, Big Puffy.(That name is funny). Sign me up. I would help you set up a church in South Florida or Vegas. Set us free.
Iím wasting my time debating you. Youíre not stupid so why appear to be. If I had a say so about Church, I would tell the people they donít need a Church. Make a Church in your Hearts. If theirs parts of the Bible you donít understand, talk it over with some friends. Thatís your problem; you think you need a Church to serve in.

Perfect, that word seems to haunt you. The day I become perfect is the day the Lord will be calling me home. Since I have more work to do, I plan on not becoming perfect.

You want to follow me, havenít you had enough of following some one else. When do you follow your own mind? Lets not play games; your Church is messing with its Members minds. You are stripping them of the one thing God gave us all, the Power to Think for ourselves.

You talk a good game, yet you to want things to remain the same. How many more years of your life are you willing to sacrifice so that others can rule you. Are you hoping you may one day become the next Bishop? Keep the faith, thereís no problem in having a dream they become realities.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
Let's brainstorm about a blue print for change in the UHOP and end this circular discussion. The following are my suggestions to improve the church. There will never be a "perfect" church and none of us believe that to be the case. However, I feel strongly that some changes can be made for the better in the UHOP as follows.

~Get rid of the "Daddy" moniker as it was originally intended to be a nickname and not associated with "spirituality"; the leader should be a Bishop and shall be only referred to and viewed as such. I.E. humanize the leader.

~Do away with the the mountain, throne, pictures and anything else that makes the Bishop appear to be anything more than a MAN.

~Shift the focus from money to the word of the Creator.

~Require the clergy to obtain some formal education in theology.

~Do away with the practice of rolling around in wood chips to get the "gift" of salvation promised by the Most High.

~Stop the scripture twisting.

~Get rid of the maids and any other slave servants of the Bishop.

~Hold the Bishop and church leadership accountable for the financial activities of the UHOP.

~Bring the doctrines and teachings into the 21st century and out of the slave era of Bishop Grace.

I'll digress here and wait for your input my brother @Lorenzo. However, I have many more suggestions.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Yes there is scripture twisting,

Yes, people need to be held accountsble for the money that is given. The UHOP acts like a start up church, when in fact it should have tens of millions of dollars. Did Ms. Madison steal the money or invest it in Fannie Mae, as some have said?

The teaching are not so much old fashioned but many out of context.

The maids serving is not an issue. It looks strange when you first see it but that does not turn people away as much as the lets rush through service to get the money.

The word Daddy is not a problem for me. I had a white guy come into my home in FL years ago and he saw a picture of Daddy Madison on a table, with Daddy Madison's name at the bottom. His companion did not know what to make of it but his response was, get this, "Abba Fathet". I said within myself, "Gone, white man. You alright with me." That's your hang up not mines but I get your point on the way members many times say dumb things like , "Daddy woke me up, and Daddy did this or that" . It's out of ignorance and preachers not taking the time to teach it the right way.

The mountain again is your hang up. I get strength from the holy mountain. That's just me.

And getting saved. I have said many times in the UHOP if everything I know about the UHOP turns out one day to false, there is one thing you cannot explain to me. In 1983, I went down on my knees, on a Monday night, in Newport News, and I received the blessed gift of the Holy Ghost. I had it so bad, I could walk home that night and I kept home the next day, because I couldn't hold myself. That's my testimony. That's what I know. The Holy Ghost is real. And no one, no one, no professor or preacher, or politician, or friend, will ever know like I know, that I am saved and filled with the Holy Ghost, that I received that night. You can't make me doubt him(talking about God) no matter what you say. I love all people, even those who have intellectual arguments, that make sense on many levels. But the game changer for me is the Holy Ghost.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Check out this Video, we are not they only ones whose had enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Married n2 UHOP

Griffin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Pray for the people of Oklahoma. A tornado hit that state today.
Partner in Christ

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Gee Tee, this is awesome!
Gee-Tee wrote:
Check out this Video, we are not they only ones whose had enough.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Puzzeld

Temple Hills, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
And the UHOP won't make it much longer at it's current rate. You see unlike most of you, I can see the non-growth in the church, the pressure that pastors have to raise more and more money. I see it all. In the lady 5 years the church has spent very little money and has not laid a long term vision of where it wants to go. The UHOP is like a pressure cooker. It may burst at any time. You can't continue to ask folk to give $8,000 a year for too much longer. I can say all that and still love the faith.
"I can say all that and still love the faith" .....
Then you're insane!
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Puzzeld wrote:
<quoted text>
"I can say all that and still love the faith" .....
Then you're insane!
When things turn around I hope you are still around. I take your insane remark as a badge that you have nothing to say from an intellectual point of view or biblical pov. I am many things but insane is not one of them. You call yourself Puzzeled for a reason I guess.

Let's Go Heat.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Good morning everyone I just wanted to share a lesson I was listening to today.......

You Are Responsible
by Patrick English
----------

Once, when I was sixteen years old, I was driving to town with my father. We had been on the road for some time when we came to an intersection near the top of a hill. The hilltop was to our right, and, since the intersection was known to be dangerous because of vehicles speeding over the hilltop, I asked my father, who was in the passenger seat, if the way to our right was clear. My father essentially replied, "Son, when you are sitting in the driver's seat, you are responsible. It doesn't matter what I tell you; it's up to you to make sure that the way is indeed clear."
Those are powerful words, and they are words that have stayed with me to this very day. Over the years, I have applied that wisdom to a number of different situations where I have been responsible for making an important decision. You see, it has been my observation that decision making is a three-tiered process consisting of receiving, researching, and responding. First, one must receive the information necessary to form a decision. Second, one must research the information received, making sure it is accurate and identifying potential options and consequences. This is the most important part of the decision making process! Any decision will only be as sound as the information that was received. Third and finally, after researching the received information, it is time to respond by making a decision.

This three-tiered approach to decision making can be used for just about any decision that has to be made, especially decisions regarding one's salvation. After all, it is a Biblical approach! Consider Acts 17:10-12: "Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. Therefore many of them believed, and also not a few of the Greeks, prominent women as well as men."

Once Paul and Silas arrived at Berea and started preaching, the men and women there had a decision to make. What did they do? First "they received the word with all readiness" (verse 11). They received the information they needed to make their decision. Second, they researched the information they received by "search[ing] the Scriptures daily to find out whether" the things Paul and Silas taught were true (verse 11). They didn't just take what Paul and Silas taught at face value; rather, they researched the scriptures to make sure the information they received was true. Third, they responded by making their decision. What was their response? "Many of them believed..." (verse 12).

Dear friends, when it comes to matters of religion, the Bible, and salvation, are you like the Bereans? Do you receive the word with all readiness and then research what you have been taught to make sure it is in accordance with what the Bible really teaches? Or have you just taken someone's word at face value and made a decision without checking? Friends, when it comes to your salvation, you are responsible! It doesn't matter what I or anyone else tells you; it is up to you to make sure the information you have received is the truth. On the Day of Judgment, each of us will be called to answer for our decisions, and those who have made wrong decisions based upon false or incomplete teaching will only have themselves to blame.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
Yes there is scripture twisting,

Yes, people need to be held accountsble for the money that is

The word Daddy is not a problem for me.

The mountain again is your hang up. I get strength from the holy mountain. That's just me.

But the game changer for me is the Holy Ghost.
^^^ From your last post I've extracted a few points that I want to address.

First, I'm excited that you are one of the few willing to admit that there's scripture twisting in the UHOP. I commend you my brother.

I would venture to say that money is the reason why they twist the scripture in the UHOP. The doctrines of the UHOP are set up so that there is no accountability on the part of the Bishop and leadership. You may not admit this fact but members are taught not to publicly question the Daddy; and even if he is wrong he's only subject to GOD and not man. Therefore, NOT ACCOUNTABLE, financially and/or otherwise.

I don't have a problem with the WORD Daddy either. I take issue with the UHOP manipulating scripture to magically make the WORD Daddy synonymous with Christ spirit.

The "mountain" is not MY hang up. In fact it's not a mountain, it's simply a platform that you face when you're praying nightly at 8:00. It's referred to as a "mountain" taking the Isaiah 56:7 scripture out of context. That scripture refers to a specific land mass, Mt. Sinai not to be confused with the platforms in your UHOPs where the Bishops' chair sits. The alleged "Christ" spirit in the man does not reside there in his absence either.

I'm not here to determine if you have the Holy Ghost or not. I'm simply stating a fact. The scripture declares believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that his son is lord and you SHALL be saved. You will not find a scripture requiring believers to get on their knees begging the Creator for the gift of the Holy Spirit. His son died so that we would have access to the gift we were promised.

One point to think about the "Pentecostal" revival movement no longer exists but churches like the UHOP keep it alive for a reason. I'll let you reconcile in your mind why they do so Bro.@Lorenzo.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^ From your last post I've extracted a few points that I want to address.
First, I'm excited that you are one of the few willing to admit that there's scripture twisting in the UHOP. I commend you my brother.
I would venture to say that money is the reason why they twist the scripture in the UHOP. The doctrines of the UHOP are set up so that there is no accountability on the part of the Bishop and leadership. You may not admit this fact but members are taught not to publicly question the Daddy; and even if he is wrong he's only subject to GOD and not man. Therefore, NOT ACCOUNTABLE, financially and/or otherwise.
I don't have a problem with the WORD Daddy either. I take issue with the UHOP manipulating scripture to magically make the WORD Daddy synonymous with Christ spirit.
The "mountain" is not MY hang up. In fact it's not a mountain, it's simply a platform that you face when you're praying nightly at 8:00. It's referred to as a "mountain" taking the Isaiah 56:7 scripture out of context. That scripture refers to a specific land mass, Mt. Sinai not to be confused with the platforms in your UHOPs where the Bishops' chair sits. The alleged "Christ" spirit in the man does not reside there in his absence either.
I'm not here to determine if you have the Holy Ghost or not. I'm simply stating a fact. The scripture declares believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that his son is lord and you SHALL be saved. You will not find a scripture requiring believers to get on their knees begging the Creator for the gift of the Holy Spirit. His son died so that we would have access to the gift we were promised.
One point to think about the "Pentecostal" revival movement no longer exists but churches like the UHOP keep it alive for a reason. I'll let you reconcile in your mind why they do so Bro.@Lorenzo.
@CULTASTIC......

Right on point my brother!!!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

@Bro. Cultastic I'd like to expound on your statement here.

I've shared this before in my previous post but I really feel it is important that we all know what the bible says about the conditions an alien sinner must meet before stating that he/she is saved.

1. Hear the gospel (Rom. 10:17)
2. Believe the gospel (Mark 1:15)
3. Repent of sins (Luke 13:5)
4. Confess Christ (Acts 8:37;Rom. 10:10)
5. Be Baptized (Immersed)(Acts 2:38; 1 Pet. 3:21)

This is how the 1st century Christians were saved and God hasn't changed HIS plan of salvation since.
We must make sure when we study the bible that we read ALL the scriptures referring to the subject.

God Bless
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

MSD wrote:
"Son, when you are sitting in the driver's seat, you are responsible. It doesn't matter what I tell you; it's up to you to make sure that the way is indeed clear."
Those are powerful words,
MSD
Remember when I told you about one General Assembly, the Ministers wanted to set something up for Madam in case something happen to McCollough. McCollough told them not to worry about Madam. He would take care of her and asked them what they wanted. These Ministers stood up and said ďWe donít need any thing DaddyĒ.

When we got back to the house McCollough called them stupid, shaking his head. This was the time to set every thing in Play to insure these Pastors futures, McCollough open the door, but they were so use of not having anything the thought too receive never occurred. I said too McCollough, why not set it up for them, he never did.

Grace trained his Ministers not to ask him for anything to better their condition. These Ministers were the ones keeping the UHOP running and their only thoughts were how to please these Men. McCollough said why do they give their Money and never question what its use for.

The minds of the UHOP Members was so condition to give these men without question for so long, is why it was easy for Puffy to ask for more and they give it. If Monies have been lost because of bad Investment thatís their fault, they were supposed to spend it to better their people, starting with their Brain Wash minds.

These so call Men of God are in the Driver Seat, why arenít they making decisions to help their people.
Married n2 UHOP

Anniston, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

WOW. . Since the UHOP has sooo much money, I wish the missions can receive some assistance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••