United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Comments (Page 258)

Showing posts 5,141 - 5,160 of7,646
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Some of my stories sound undeliverable, sounds like fabrications, however these are not stories some one told me, I witness theses things going on.

Church is a sure way for all kinds of unholy people to hide in, especially if the head is wrong. UHOP was perfect for hiding the wrong; UHOP members neither carried nor read the Bible, therefore having someone tell you whatís in the Bible did not help you. You were listening to His story, not the true story.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
Many of you point out the ignorant teachers in the UHOP. But not every teacher is like this. Joshua 6 is about God giving the victory to his people. But the next chapter is about the people becoming arrogant and proud and getting deleted. The UHOP is not perfect but show me one church/organization that is. And for all those pulling out selected scriptures, it won't work here. Acts 5. You may be fighting God.
We have never called your leaders Ignorant. We called them unholy, truly not Men God sent to lead. You call them teachers, teachers of what. The Bible said ďMark the Perfect ManĒ why arenít these leaders at least trying to be perfect. They are leading you down the path of destruction not feeding you the words of God. Because they are not perfect you should continue to live in sin. What message are you trying to deliver?

Pulling out selected scriptures isnít that what the UHOP is doing. Donít believe me, just ask one of your members to quote a scripture other then the one that say House of Prayer, they canít name one. The battle Iím fighting is for God. Whose battles are you fighting?
Married n2 UHOP

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

May 30th is coming and perhaps UHOP can have an open house meeting at the conference center. This could be an open mic session. I came from a Baptist Church with an open door policy and financial statement are given out monthly to the members. Have a good week-end.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Any member can request a financial statement from the church but I doubt it will be truthful. And that applies to any church. And the people leading the UHOP are not unholy. Many are just scared. They lack courage. When God call Joshua after Moses died, Joshua 1, he kept telling him be courageous, I am with you, over and over, because he knew that following behind Moses was going to be tough. And today's UHOP is devoid of men and women, who will stand up and say, "That ain't Right".
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
Any member can request a financial statement from the church but I doubt it will be truthful. And that applies to any church. And the people leading the UHOP are not unholy. Many are just scared. They lack courage. When God call Joshua after Moses died, Joshua 1, he kept telling him be courageous, I am with you, over and over, because he knew that following behind Moses was going to be tough. And today's UHOP is devoid of men and women, who will stand up and say, "That ain't Right".
Thatís why your General Assembly is a joke. People have gotten up to make suggestions and the majority claims they were against Daddy. Your fears are of the wrong person. The only thing Puffy has power of is putting you out the UHOP. To some members thatís worst then death.

Look all I want is for the people to get a back bone. Demand a change for the better. Stop feeding into this money thing and read the Bible, teach holiness. Give God the Praises, not Man.

McCollough told you all the wrong Man could get into that seat. Puffy is that Man, heís going to destroy you all with his meanness. Power has risen above his head, when he thought it was ok to slap someone. You know a change needs to be made. You canít do it alone, you need help. A lot of the members are not satisfied with the way things are being ran. Stop fighting the ones that want a change. 90 years later and you all still donít have a voice.

One thing for sure if you all stop paying Money, things will surely change.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Members are not as dumb as you think. This is a mess. But you cannot change it from outside the church. The world largest church, the Catholic Church, has a whole lot of worse issues than the UHOP. Change is hard and takes time. And would you people stop saying that we don't read or carry our bibles. The UHOP I attend and the ones I have attended for decades have very large percentages of members bringing and reading their bible. That broad brush is not right. And to suggest that if everyone stop paying money things would change, let me ask you, when has any church, any where gotten 100% of the people to do anything? Again, I'm waiting on one peron to gove me the name and location of the perfect church. And if you find it, don't join it, because it won't be perfect anymore.
Imperfectly Perfect

Middlebrook, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Married n2 UHOP wrote:
May 30th is coming and perhaps UHOP can have an open house meeting at the conference center. This could be an open mic session. I came from a Baptist Church with an open door policy and financial statement are given out monthly to the members. Have a good week-end.
I will be attending next weekend as well....that won't happen. Those things are usually discussed in the individual church Cabinet meeting...
RiRi

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Mr Sir wrote:
I don't know anything about the house of prayer. Could someone inform me on what version of bible is used there. Thanks
They use the normal bible at the United House of Prayer,it's a wonderful place to worship and give praises.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
Members are not as dumb as you think. This is a mess. But you cannot change it from outside the church. The world largest church, the Catholic Church, has a whole lot of worse issues than the UHOP. Change is hard and takes time. And would you people stop saying that we don't read or carry our bibles. The UHOP I attend and the ones I have attended for decades have very large percentages of members bringing and reading their bible. That broad brush is not right. And to suggest that if everyone stop paying money things would change, let me ask you, when has any church, any where gotten 100% of the people to do anything? Again, I'm waiting on one peron to gove me the name and location of the perfect church. And if you find it, don't join it, because it won't be perfect anymore.
A Perfect Church, did we all die. Is this what you are getting from my post? The sad part is a lot of you are not dumb. Why arenít you making some noise? When do you say enough is enough or am I reading you wrong? Since you all are not perfect, thereís no need to change. You were never told to try harder. You know what we are talking about.

Your church has been robbing its people for over 90 years so that these so call Men of God can live like Kings and play God. You think because they build a New Church (Most of you canít afford the up keep on), put Housing in some States (That they never repair), upgraded Buses for you to travel in (That you pay to ride on) they did something. You paid for everything. Name one thing you can get from the UHOP free. You canít even get a free meal, they sell everything.

Puffy should ride around in an over a Million Dollar Car and your Pastors have to rely on the members to give them a hand out. Puffy donít even go to Church every night, I bet you do. Should Puffy be Cruising the Seas, and buying Water Front property for him self his Family only or hiding Money in certain peoples names.

Come on, be for real, this is the fourth Bishop you all have made into Millionaires on the backs of the poor. You know why we started posting on this board. If bringing out the truth hurts your feelings, I apologize. But the truth always hurts when you expected more. You sound like one of the UHOP good and best. But you are allowing evil to prevail when you sit and do nothing.
Imperfectly Perfect

Middlebrook, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
A Perfect Church, did we all die. Is this what you are getting from my post? The sad part is a lot of you are not dumb. Why arenít you making some noise? When do you say enough is enough or am I reading you wrong? Since you all are not perfect, thereís no need to change. You were never told to try harder. You know what we are talking about.
Your church has been robbing its people for over 90 years so that these so call Men of God can live like Kings and play God. You think because they build a New Church (Most of you canít afford the up keep on), put Housing in some States (That they never repair), upgraded Buses for you to travel in (That you pay to ride on) they did something. You paid for everything. Name one thing you can get from the UHOP free. You canít even get a free meal, they sell everything.
Puffy should ride around in an over a Million Dollar Car and your Pastors have to rely on the members to give them a hand out. Puffy donít even go to Church every night, I bet you do. Should Puffy be Cruising the Seas, and buying Water Front property for him self his Family only or hiding Money in certain peoples names.
Come on, be for real, this is the fourth Bishop you all have made into Millionaires on the backs of the poor. You know why we started posting on this board. If bringing out the truth hurts your feelings, I apologize. But the truth always hurts when you expected more. You sound like one of the UHOP good and best. But you are allowing evil to prevail when you sit and do nothing.
Hi Gee-Tee,

I can fully understand what you are saying. Some people don't understand why I even go to the UHOP. When they do that whole Love Gift thing to what I like to call "pay" the Bishop...yeah I'm not in that number. I can't get into. I also think about how people give all their life earnings to someone who wouldn't think about doing the same if they need it. It saddens me. Honestly, I'm going to DC this weekend to get a break from work. I really don't want to be a part of the foolishness.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Gee-tee even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Everything about the UHOP is not bad and not as you portray them. My purpose in asking anyone to name the perfect church is the same criticisms you level at the UHOP, could be leveled at any large ministry. Joel Osteen, T.D. jakes, Creflo Dollar, the Pope, A.R. Bernard, I etc, etc, all make a lot of money but where is the hate towards them? You need to see what the CEO's of almost any corporation makes, from Wal Mart to Dollar Tree and you will see that what leaders of church's make is not all you make it out to be. And what churches anywhere, give free meals everyday? I once was apart of a UHOP that allowed anyone to eat for free in the kitchen and what happened was people that work everyday and gave very little in the church were the abusers of the program. Within a few months they had drained the fund, set up by the, watch this, the Elders in the church. So this "the UHOP has done nothing for nobody in 90 years" is a lie. Ask the the thousand of people who have been helped by the affordable housing through the years. Ask the thousand who get a meal, maybe one they don't need, at a fair price and in a safe environment, if they appreciate the UHOP.

Bottom line: Many things are out of line. We could and should do more. And it is not God's will that things are the way they are. But that can be said about almost every church in the world. The UHOP is not always right. It can come off as give it all to us, at times. But how can we give it all when we have Jobs,, homes, hobbies, cell phones, cars, etc.. You sound like my old school mates many years ago who said that Daddy Grace took all our money but in the next breath said that UHOP memebers were the best dressed. Contradiction. Read your bible, pray, go to that perfect church. The UHOP will return to it's rightful place, one day. Not today, but one day.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
Gee-tee even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Everything about the UHOP is not bad and not as you portray them. My purpose in asking anyone to name the perfect church is the same criticisms you level at the UHOP, could be leveled at any large ministry.
First you have to correct the lie the UHOP was built on. You have truly missed my point. I'm not looking for a Perfect Church that would be ludicrous.

What other Churches are doing I'm sure they have ex-members like me trying to correct their wrong. This is about the UHOP. I can't speak on other Churches; I can speak on the UHOP. I lived and breathed it at one time. I speak on things I know, not things some one told me. I wasnít a nobody in the UHOP.

UHOP members like to compare themselves with what other Churches are doing. Thatís the problem, you keep looking out side. Stop worrying about what other Churches are doing. Start with your own Church, the one you attend. Be the example for other Churches to follow. Why is the UHOP comparing your sins with other Churches sins? If these Churches are running rampart with sin, Let your Church be the example everyone follows. Somebody needs to make the change, why not you.

My point is the UHOP is run by a one Man show. As long as the UHOP has been in existence your Pastors offering should be on a Pay Scale. There should be a Pension Plan, with Medical Coverage for your Pastors. You want to speak about other Churches; they pay their Piano players, their Choir Directors, their Trustees, etc., some of their Ministers have 401ís, what do your Ministers have.

Grace died with a portfolio of 6 Million Dollars, McCollough had 20 Million. How much did Madison have and what is Bailey building. Henry Price the Pastor of a Mother House died with the Pastors Offering Collected that week.

Iím not saying you should feed every one for free. There will always be those that take because they can. I have been in the UHOP Kitchen when someone came in for a free meal and was turned away, I paid for her food. She wanted to sit there and eat it, but they didnít like the way she was dressed and told her to take it with her.

Stop playing with my words; you know exactly what Iím talking about. I will say this until it sinks into your head.ďNO MAN IS SUPPOSED TO LIVE THAT HIGH ABOVE THE PEOPLE THEY ARE LEADING and say God sent them.Ē

There are no Outreach programs to help the people you are robbing. The UHOP has a lot of Alcoholics, Drug Addicts, Thieves and anything you can name. And thatís alright if there were programs designs to help them. UHOP give nothing back, your concerns are for these self proclaim Men. You think you should continue to make these Bishops Rich, why donít you think you deserve to be rich.

You talked about how the UHOP members Dress, have you seen how they Live. Cleanliness is next to Godliness, go visit some of them. If you notice I have never asked the UHOP for anything, God gave me the knowledge to go and get it for myself. Some of your Members donít know they can. Make a change, thatís all Iím asking.
abc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Do anybody know what happened in court with dad and chucky, dad was out of line smacking him.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Imperfectly Perfect wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Gee-Tee,
I can fully understand what you are saying. Some people don't understand why I even go to the UHOP. When they do that whole Love Gift thing to what I like to call "pay" the Bishop...yeah I'm not in that number. I can't get into. I also think about how people give all their life earnings to someone who wouldn't think about doing the same if they need it. It saddens me. Honestly, I'm going to DC this weekend to get a break from work. I really don't want to be a part of the foolishness.
I say, continue to go. Just donít get caught up in their nonsense. If you give them one cent, give yourself two. You deserve the best also. Give your money where it counts, uplifting others. Stop accepting the bone that is handed to you with the belief God will give you the rest. God helps those that help themselves.
God did not pick who should become rich. Every Rich person got there on the backs of someone else. Enjoy Heaven here on earth; you are not supposed too Die too Live. When you meet our maker, he will truly say ďWell DoneĒ.
Snoop

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

When, where, and why did this smacking incident happen? I am a member of the UHOP, but I heard nothing about it. Who got smacked?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

I spoke about your Pastors that should be paid, What about youíre House Secretaries, thatís a full time job. They leave their paid job and come to a non paid job Everyday. Do you know how much work they do for the UHOP? Every job someone has in the UHOP you tell them they are working out their Soul Salvation, thatís nonsense. PAY YOUR PEOPLE. All the Bishops and their wives have to do is sit around looking pretty. You give your Secretaries a hand out once or twice a year and you think thatís fine.

The UHOP pays cash and in full for everything the buy and make, its 100% profit for the UHOP. You still think the only one that should continue to get paid is these Bishops. They live and eat free at your Memberís Expense. At the end of the day, your Members still have to live. Itís the Grace of God they can hold down a job coming to a Church every night. You want to talk about other Churches; well they take a rest during the week.

Coming to Church every night is not changing some of your Memberís Hearts. Some of them wouldnít give you a bone if you needed it. How many of your Members donít think itís important to see that every one gets home safe. They pass by Members with empty Cars and wouldnít offer them a ride.

For every analogy you give me I can give you another. You canít justify the wrong that has been afflicted on your people for all these years. In your smaller Houses they have to buy the food, cook the food, sell the food and turn over all profits to the UHOP. No one can sell anything on UHOP grounds without giving the UHOP the Money they made. Where is the right in this wrong? This is called exploiting the people at the hands of one of their own. Youíre no better then the Slave Master. And you think you should continue Business as usually Come on its 2013 the age of progress.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Gee -Tee, you just have a problem with the UHOP. Y OU ramble on and on about what's wrong. You state that Pastors and secretaries need to be paid. Really? What about the officers of the church, the musicians, the guards, the other Elders? The pastors deserve more. Much more. But it has to be a free will way. You talk about how bad the UHOP is now, you would explode then. And stop telling the lie that Daddy Bailey or another leader is getting a salary. I may agree with 90% of what you really believe but you cross the line when you put out lies and distort the truth. I know that there is wrong doing in virtually every faith but I have enough Christ in me to know that most people of all faiths, are good decent and loving people. Including, us poor, sad, brain, washed, UHOP members.

If you we're as bold as you proclaim, com out from behind that screen name and reveal yourself. Give us your plan to take back the UHOP, since you know what's right. Come on I would be the first person to join your imaginary, everybody loves everybody, and we stand for the true gospel church unlike the UHOP. Yeah, you won't have one man leadership. Everybody can just govern themselves because the UHOP way is so wrong. I want see you give away food, clothing, cars, and homes, because you love the people. Do it. Please, do it.

God must have sent you to declare all that is wrong. But stand up like Moses. But you won't because you're a coward. Look up the definition and try not to cry as you see yourself described. Let's go Gee-Tee. Tell us how to take it over or start your own church. We're waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, for Gee-Tee to, to set us free.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
Gee -Tee, you just have a problem with the UHOP. Y OU ramble on and on about what's wrong. You state that Pastors and secretaries need to be paid. Really? What about the officers of the church, the musicians, the guards, the other Elders? The pastors deserve more. Much more. But it has to be a free will way. You talk about how bad the UHOP is now, you would explode then. And stop telling the lie that Daddy Bailey or another leader is getting a salary. I may agree with 90% of what you really believe but you cross the line when you put out lies and distort the truth.
Good Morning Brother @Lorenzo. Why do these discussions always go sour and lead to such sarcasm? Saying that the Bishop gets a salary is not a distortion of the truth. It may be a generalization but definitely not a lie. You know as well as I know that one part of the service that will never be cut short is the "love march". Now you may well describe it as a free will offering or show of love for the leader. However, it is definitely synonymous with a salary. He just doesn't pay taxes on that unreported income. I can assure you that the federal government views his "charitable donations" as more than charity.

If you can please help me understand why you justify the issues in the UHOP with comparisons to other churches and their woes. My brother many people have confronted the Bishops' past and present. It's not designed to change. The problem is that if you pull the string on one issue in the UHOP it will uncover so many other lies that it would virtually destroy the organization. Therefore it is simply easier for leadership to continue to lie. The ministers feed themselves by distorting the truth. The ones who "attempt" to tell the truth are likely in the background in some small mission.

Just as a point I take issues with ALL religious leaders who exploit it's members. Reading your posts I can tell that you're not brainwashed. At first glance it just appears that you are a traditionalist when it comes to the doctrines of the UHOP.@Gee-Tee has never suggested giving away cars and houses that is a distortion of the truth. She specifically pointed out that the UHOP has no outreach programs not even for it's own members. Let me be more specific before you get defensive. When I was a member on the band we occasionally helped those who fell on hard times but it was rare. Now as a organization the UHOP has nothing set up.

The problem is and always will be the ONE man leadership concept. It's simply too much power for one individual. I've seen him fail as the "lawyer in the courtroom" and I've seen him fail at trying to be the "doctor in the sick room". I urge every member to get a copy of the first Constitution and By-Laws of the UHOP to see exactly what Bishop Grace founded HIS theology on. Even if you guys voted in a board of trustees that would be a small improvement. Think about it; a minister goes from unemployed to a multi-millionaire in a matter of hours and becomes the SOLE trustee of a wealthy organization.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Lorenzo wrote:
God must have sent you to declare all that is wrong. But stand up like Moses. But you won't because you're a coward. Look up the definition and try not to cry as you see yourself described. Let's go Gee-Tee. Tell us how to take it over or start your own church. We're waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, for Gee-Tee to, to set us free.
Here's a simple quote to help with your sarcasm. "I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."~~Harriet Tubman

We're waiting, waiting, waiting, for the many bright minds to wake up and realize they're not free. Clearly you're too intellectual to resort to childish antics in a discussion when/if you feel that you disagree.

As for your coward comment. You're a member who agrees with about 90% of what @Gee-Tee says according to you. Therefore is it safe to say you only actively practice 10% of the UHOP doctrines? Following that logic I could conclude that you're either too "coward" to leave and/or afraid of actually being labelled by your UHOP sisters and brothers. Either way sounds a bit hypocritical to me for you to spew the coward descriptor out there. Please pardon me in advance if that offends you.

Please don't ask me to stand up because I have on more than one occasion and will continue to do so. It's easy to conform to what your family and friends practice as a "religion". Step out on an island by yourself and really express your thoughts and beliefs like I have. Then you can identify who the true "coward(s)" is/are.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

These past two post are funny. I am not sour or trying to act like the UHOP is perfect. But the UHOP does not exist in a vacuum. You could say that you don't believe in any God. That's your right. But most who post here miss the larger point, if the UHOP is so wrong, serve God where ever you want. Trust the leadership of another. Oh, one man leadership can be jacked up at times, but one man leadership also allows the church to know who is ultimately responsible. When a man and woman disagree, how do they settle the matter? By flipping a coin? Somebody has to make a final decision. Do you really think that Joel Osteen or Noel Jones , or any other religious leader doesn't have the final say in matters in their churches? Heck, even the last Pope had hand selected the cardinals who voted for the new Pope. Every other faith has the same issues.

A year ago, I read a book, titled "If the church were Christian" by Phillip Gulley. You can get it at any library if you don't want to buy it. The author starts the first chapter out with his story of being taught that his church was the one right church and they had stories after stories about how God had delivered "their" church through many things. Now as I read this, I laughed like heck. Because that was the UHOP story. But he said it all made sense until he interacted with some other folks who said that "their" church was the one right church. And he goes on to write that we really are not connected to what the bible says like we think. Any the funniest part of the book is he described how the church was raising money like never before. They celebrated the giving of the people in the Lord's house. But he said that when they wanted to spend some money on worthwhile causes, there was always a reason why they could not do that. He was describing his church but I saw the UHOP in those words. We say who's on top and she's the queen and he's the king of whatever, but let's spend $500,000 on a rec center, we don't have it.

The UHOP is not a cult nut it acts like one sometimes. It's focused on too much money because of greed and the power that a few have. I use to say when Daddy Madison was leading us "they used the prophet to make a profit". But Jesus said a men's worse foes would be those of his own household.

So I will continue to fight to make the UHOP better while you continue to just find fault and never offer any solutions. If there was any thing better beyond those doors I would have found it. But I know there isn't. I feel like a pregnant woman who is over due. You know, sooner or later she's gonna have that baby. She may look like a bloated animal , but sooner or later she has to deliver that child. And that's how I feel about the UHOP. Sooner or later, things have got to get better. Sooner or later, we're going to stop all this Daddy's club mess and just let folk give hat they want to freely give. Sooner or later, somebody's gonna realize that a band does grow a church. Sooner or later, god's gonna turn this thing around. Sooner or later.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,141 - 5,160 of7,646
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••