United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10545 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5191 May 16, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
Someone said to me the other day, the UHOP kept us off the streets and out of trouble. Yes they did, but look at all the people that didnít go to the UHOP and never got into trouble. The UHOP had a lot of good points. But their bad out weighed their good. Keeping us off the streets is not working anymore.
What the world is offering now is far greater then what it offered me in my day. We need the words of God. The disregard of another humanís life is off the hook.
Childrenís are killing their parents; their respect is out the window; teenage pregnancies are out of control, and our jails are really over crowded. Some of these things were unheard of years ago. We are losing our youth at a high speed. We need the words of God and prayer before a change will come.
Thatís why if a Church set up shop in a neighborhood, they should have some kind of outreach programs to help the people help themselves.
Another quote I like is ďBlack on Black crime is not Guns only; itís how we treat each other.
@Gee-Tee
I was too told by someone close to me that the HOP kept him off the streets but now that I look back at that comment it was on a recreational basis because he was a part of one of the bands. The HOP didn't save him God did, God kept him by His grace from not becoming another statistic of this world. We MUST ALWAYS give praises to the CREATOR and not the created!

God Bless
Imperfectly Perfect

Altavista, VA

#5192 May 16, 2013
Foryoursoul wrote:
@Imperfectly Perfect There was a letter written and sent to Bishop Bailey and for the members in Uhop who are trying to understand what is going on in the church. If you would like a copy, send an email to [email protected] It appears that you are searching and this site (a modern day newspaper) does serve a purpose for many who want to find God.
Thank you so much...I will do that right now...
Imperfectly Perfect

Altavista, VA

#5193 May 16, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning "IP"
When you get some time PLEASE check out the video link I attached in my last message to you I know it will help you! Just to let you know I left the HOP I could not stay in a place that God doesn't endorse and He is not elevated. If you don't mind me asking did you join of your own accord or was it due to marriage, etc?
God Bless
It's an odd story. I started in the band first...my best friend joined months before I did. But I am considering leaving though...I'm just too uncomfortable
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5194 May 16, 2013
Imperfectly Perfect wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an odd story. I started in the band first...my best friend joined months before I did. But I am considering leaving though...I'm just too uncomfortable
Not trying to ruffle anybody's feathers (meaning current HOP members) but that is the work of Satan (the band) you see Satan works on our desires and weakness to draw us away from God and the truth. We should be drawn to a church based on if they are preaching God's truth not on how it can entertain us. That is why there are so many different churches in the world. Read Romans 10:1. We cannot join a church God must do the adding Acts 2:47; this is how the 1st century christians did and that is how we must do it today. God did not change man did. God desires for all man to be saved but you cannot do that under man's rule of thumb.

God Bless
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5195 May 16, 2013
Imperfectly Perfect wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be praying for you my friend!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5196 May 16, 2013
Check out this article....sound familiar?!

http://harlemworldmag.com/2009/07/01/black-ch...
Imperfectly Perfect

Altavista, VA

#5197 May 16, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning "IP"
When you get some time PLEASE check out the video link I attached in my last message to you I know it will help you! Just to let you know I left the HOP I could not stay in a place that God doesn't endorse and He is not elevated. If you don't mind me asking did you join of your own accord or was it due to marriage, etc?
God Bless
I joined on my own...I went for months before making my decision
Imperfectly Perfect

Altavista, VA

#5198 May 16, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be praying for you my friend!
Thank you so much!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5199 May 16, 2013
MSD
The UHOP like to take credit for things they had no control over. Look at the many UHOP dedicated members that have gone to jail. Some of them are still in jail.

It was the Grace of God that kept me. I told you the moment my prayers change from Daddy to Jesus a real change came over me. I saw the world in a different light. I began to change how I felt about myself as well as others. The spirit I felt from reading the scriptures canít compare with the spirit that's in the UHOP. It was as if God had lifted me up on a higher ground. I truly didnít want to sin no more. When I was in the UHOP I wasnít living and I didnít care what I was doing. No one was feeding my soul. My soul was in need of the Lord. You canít beat God giving no matter how hard you try. Here I go testifying againÖ..

But when you feel the Love of God, you just have to tell somebody. God has been better to me then Iíve been to myself. I Thank God and I Thank God for people like you. Thank you for continuing to tell the truth through the Bible. Iím really enjoying the spiritual food you are feeding.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#5200 May 17, 2013
MSD wrote:
Check out this article....sound familiar?!
http://harlemworldmag.com/2009/07/01/black-ch...
A good read. Blacks should one day realize that salvation is not for sale. The rich preachers are the false prophets that Jesus spoke of, but done reason, people refuse to catch the association.

But! We are getting closer and.closer to truth. People have to accept that their traditions for all these years have been wrong and placed there NOT by God. The signs are here and clear.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5201 May 17, 2013
[QUOTE who="Im Free When do you put away childish things that happened over 20 years ago and when do you stop harboring anger and festering discord against souls that you are responsible for.(Swaringer and Ricky Price) Those souls immediately left there promising never to set foot in an UHOP again.
The UHOP practices revenge and teaches its members hate[/QUOTE]

Am I reading this right? Please tell me Swaringer was not one of the ones stopping people from singing. I can remember one night as if it was yesterday. You see he was a wife beater also. He beat Flora Mae so bad one night Elder Wilkerson had to call McCollough over to the house before he would stop. McCollough threaten to call the police and have him arrested. So what Swaringer did, he moved out of Wilkersonís house, that way he could beat Flora Mae any time he wanted. What McCollough did, he made him a Pastor.

Swaringer whose fancy for young virgins was out of control that one of their parents had him running from Georgia for his dear life, Swaringer, say it aint so. You really donít want me to tell all I know.

McCollough knew about some of his Ministers behavior. How could he correct them if he couldnít correct himself? If McCollough had exposed some of his Ministers then, they might have exposed him.

This is the kind of sins your Daddies were well aware of. All he did was give these unfit Pastors Chairman jobs. When they started calling them Apostles I thought it was a joke.

A lot of you donít know Madam live at Allison Street and McCollough lived at Portal Drive. Boy the things that went on in the UHOP are unthinkable, and you say these are the Men God sent.

Some of you donít like it when we use peopleís name. Well how are you going to know the Big Bad Wolf when he comes after you?
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5202 May 17, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I reading this right? Please tell me Swaringer was not one of the ones stopping people from singing. I can remember one night as if it was yesterday. You see he was a wife beater also. He beat Flora Mae so bad one night Elder Wilkerson had to call McCollough over to the house before he would stop. McCollough threaten to call the police and have him arrested. So what Swaringer did, he moved out of Wilkersonís house, that way he could beat Flora Mae any time he wanted. What McCollough did, he made him a Pastor.
Swaringer whose fancy for young virgins was out of control that one of their parents had him running from Georgia for his dear life, Swaringer, say it aint so. You really donít want me to tell all I know.
McCollough knew about some of his Ministers behavior. How could he correct them if he couldnít correct himself? If McCollough had exposed some of his Ministers then, they might have exposed him.
This is the kind of sins your Daddies were well aware of. All he did was give these unfit Pastors Chairman jobs. When they started calling them Apostles I thought it was a joke.
A lot of you donít know Madam live at Allison Street and McCollough lived at Portal Drive. Boy the things that went on in the UHOP are unthinkable, and you say these are the Men God sent.
Some of you donít like it when we use peopleís name. Well how are you going to know the Big Bad Wolf when he comes after you?
1Tim 3:17

Qualifications of an Overseer

The saying is trustworthy: If anyone desires the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer (Elder/Bishop) must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, 5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?(the saved people) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover, he must be will thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.

The HOP definitely does not follow this scripture for their pastors. A lot of those men need to be sat down let alone never be an Elder,deacon, etc. 1st of all most of them were married more than once which is a no, no according to God's blueprint of marriage.(One wife for life) and it states that in the second verse of this scripture. Don't let me get on the fact that their are no more apostles. If you weren't apart of the 12 that were chosen by Jesus then you are not and apostle. These men if they read/study their bible would know that.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5203 May 17, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
1Tim 3:17
Qualifications of an Overseer
The saying is trustworthy: If anyone desires the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer (Elder/Bishop) must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, 5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?(the saved people) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover, he must be will thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.
The HOP definitely does not follow this scripture for their pastors. A lot of those men need to be sat down let alone never be an Elder,deacon, etc. 1st of all most of them were married more than once which is a no, no according to God's blueprint of marriage.(One wife for life) and it states that in the second verse of this scripture. Don't let me get on the fact that their are no more apostles. If you weren't apart of the 12 that were chosen by Jesus then you are not and apostle. These men if they read/study their bible would know that.
I'm sorry i left out the dash that was 1Tim 3:1-7
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

#5204 May 17, 2013
Acts 5 . If the UHOP is not right, don't worry, it won't work. But if it is right, you ain't fighting the UHOP, you're fighting God. Acts 5.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5205 May 17, 2013
1 Tim 6:3-10

False Teachers and True Contentment

Teach and urge these things. 3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, 4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, 5 and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain. 6 Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, 7 for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. 8 But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

In the HOP they are teaching another doctrine that is not from God.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5206 May 17, 2013
Lorenzo wrote:
Acts 5 . If the UHOP is not right, don't worry, it won't work. But if it is right, you ain't fighting the UHOP, you're fighting God. Acts 5.
Hello Lorenzo

Could you be more specific as to where in Acts 5 are you apply your statement too?? We are not fighting the HOP we are standing for God and his truth, and trying to help people in the process. In Matt 15:13 Jesus said "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. But the thing about it is I can't find the United House of Prayer for All People in the bible as being God's church. Isaiah 56:7 is not the answer.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

#5207 May 17, 2013
Many of you point out the ignorant teachers in the UHOP. But not every teacher is like this. Joshua 6 is about God giving the victory to his people. But the next chapter is about the people becoming arrogant and proud and getting deleted. The UHOP is not perfect but show me one church/organization that is. And for all those pulling out selected scriptures, it won't work here. Acts 5. You may be fighting God.
abc

United States

#5208 May 17, 2013
Remember its not the hop that is wrong, its some of the people.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5209 May 17, 2013
abc wrote:
Remember its not the hop that is wrong, its some of the people.
If you believe this, then why are you continuing to allow the wrong people to lead you? The people can make a change. Stop this madness, and follow the teachings of the Lord.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5210 May 17, 2013
Some of my stories sound undeliverable, sounds like fabrications, however these are not stories some one told me, I witness theses things going on.

Church is a sure way for all kinds of unholy people to hide in, especially if the head is wrong. UHOP was perfect for hiding the wrong; UHOP members neither carried nor read the Bible, therefore having someone tell you whatís in the Bible did not help you. You were listening to His story, not the true story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What is up with that strange photo of President... 41 min andet1987 8
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Michael 679,163
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr superwilly 84,701
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... 9 hr BB Board 1
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 12 hr True Christian wi... 1
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
News President Trump to meet with Pope Francis May 23 Rico from East Lo... 4
More from around the web