United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...
Comments
5,101 - 5,120 of 8,256 Comments Last updated Monday
Im Free

Glenside, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

@organize religion, I attended that funeral and witnessed the ugly, insensitive, inhuman & unchrist like spectacle. Thats correct, all the exmembers and members were summoned by the family to sing on the choir in honor of the deceased directress. Apparently all the exmembers did not get the memo, so when they innocently got up to sing they were ejected verbally. That was such an embarrassing mess because they stood there in front of family and friends before someone got the nerve to tell them the reason the choir was not singing. I never witnessed such ignorant behavior and such disregard for the bereaved in my life.

When do you put away childish things that happened over 20 years ago and when do you stop harboring anger and festering discord against souls that you are responsible for.(Swaringer and Ricky Price) Those souls immediately left there promising never to set foot in an UHOP again.

The UHOP practices revenge and teaches its members hate because someone will read this post and swear its actions were warranted. As for me, I will never bow down to Bale so throw me in the firey furnace.(you know the story)
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Im Free wrote:
@organize religion, I attended that funeral and witnessed the ugly, insensitive, inhuman & unchrist like spectacle. Thats correct, all the exmembers and members were summoned by the family to sing on the choir in honor of the deceased directress. Apparently all the exmembers did not get the memo, so when they innocently got up to sing they were ejected verbally. That was such an embarrassing mess because they stood there in front of family and friends before someone got the nerve to tell them the reason the choir was not singing. I never witnessed such ignorant behavior and such disregard for the bereaved in my life.
When do you put away childish things that happened over 20 years ago and when do you stop harboring anger and festering discord against souls that you are responsible for.(Swaringer and Ricky Price) Those souls immediately left there promising never to set foot in an UHOP again.
The UHOP practices revenge and teaches its members hate because someone will read this post and swear its actions were warranted. As for me, I will never bow down to Bale so throw me in the firey furnace.(you know the story)
Wow!!! This really goes to show that Satan runs the HOP and he is please with these actions. Those who endorsed this WILL answer for their roll in it!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

@Organized Religion and I'm Free....

This is probably the deepest, saddest situations I've heard about in a very long time. I can't even say that I'm not surprised, because I thought that at funerals - UHOP allowed non participating members to partake in the homegoing services along with allowing non members and ex-members; normally anyone can be placed on a program to participate. This situation is the worst ever, and Bishop Bailey should be embarrassed by this. This was the last opportunity for family and friends to pay their respects to a love one, and this last moment was ripped from them and done in public. I wasnt there, but I feel the pain of the family members. This is an act that was not steered by holiness nor love. Jesus teaching of love is definitely not strongly implemented in these individuals who made such a repulsive decision. I believe Jesus would've been more than welcoming despite anyone's fault; if there be any or not. Love is a first commandment and the first principle. This occurrence is another sure sign that the UHOP is not for all people. Bishop Bailey may need to reconsider correcting the name of the organization that best suits what it honestly represents.
abc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Its so much going on wonder why nothing is never in newspaper.
saved

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

@ I Just Want To live Right, we see how you r living why would you put the Sister from Washington full name on this post when you won't put your name on here because ur hiding behind I Just Want to live Right. You r wrong!!! n if you truely want to live right you would go head n do so and don't spread what you heard!!! live right move on if you have truely been delivered from UHOP n don't look back!!"
saved

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

@ Eyes on Christ, stop spreading rumors, as the Bible say "Speak that you know n testify that u seen. Stop going on what you been told!!!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

saved wrote:
@ Eyes on Christ, stop spreading rumors, as the Bible say "Speak that you know n testify that u seen. Stop going on what you been told!!!
And @ saved....I don't believe I spread rumors. Where did you get that from? Are you guessing, Mr./Ms. Saved? Perhaps, you may endulged yourself on spreading rumors, but I certainly don't. I prefer to spread truths, that's why I'm here. TRY IT! Then perhaps you will have something to say of value, rather than scrambling for some pettiness to aim at another's response, especially on a possibly REAL SITUATION that I take very seriously, and feel alot pain for people who were effected by it. If you want to sing about LOVE, THAT's LOVE. Let's reckon, I commented on this that I have no reason to doubt based off of many other recent occurrences with others and MYSELF. Furthermore, I find it odd how you commented on my surprise about the situation rather than the source from which it came.

If you are truly saved, Mr/Ms. Saved, then perhaps, you would refocus your direction in a more positive and respective approach. My suggestion would be to start by making a positive change within the organization, if you truly are looking to advocate what's right from a biblical standpoint. However, I would admit that I can appreciate about 1/4 of your input, the rest could have been arranged differently for me to have taken you seriously.
Imperfectly Perfect

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

I am a member of the UHOP. There are some things that I don't understand, like calling a being of the flesh daddy. I never did that. I was fortunate enough to have Apostle Taylor as my pastor, and he said that if you can't call Bishop Bailey day, you could call him Bishop. Seeing as I want born and raised in it, there are a lot of things I don't understand, and out of respect I don't voice my opinion. But my relationship with God is just that...no one can change that. And I had that before joining. Some people don't like me because I don't do certain things...but it proves that the devil can run wild in the church.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

This is personal with Puffy and me: My Aunt was one of the first generations in the UHOP. You know in the south the only jobs some black folks could get were cleaning for white folks. She was well in her eighties still trying to clean so she could pay her Tithes and Offering. On her sick bed she begged for Puffy to come and pray for her, he was her Pastor. He never did, she was one of his true and faithful members that went every night to the UHOP, but not a high paying member. He judged her on how much money she gave. Over 80 years of dedicated service, she shouldnít have had to give another dime. The strain of giving money is more important then your soul. She had a number, but not one every year.

Your Leaders donít visit their sick, so some of the Pastors follow suit. We were told we were bless he preached her funeral. Picture that, I could tell you more but the damage is already done. The only reason Dee push for him to be Bishop is because heís her Puppet.

The one thing I want to see change in UHOP is that these Bishops you elect, thinks of its people first. Stop hiding behind the concept that God sent them so itís ok for them to get rich, on the backs of their members. If it wasnít for your old and faithful still pushing, you wouldnít have a Church.

Puffy has change for the worst because of the Money. Puffy never had any and to get it all, you created a bigger Monster. Money brings power, and his power is out of control. What Leader of a Church think he should leave his Church without praying the New Years in. If you never thanked God, New Years is the one time you should.

As for their service, I now know the true meaning of ďPiss StopĒ. If Puffy donít think he should preach a sermon when heís in Church, why not let one of the Elders preach. Their services are meaningless. They donít carry Bibles nor do they preach from it. They go to Church to listen to the Music, Dance, Eat, Socialize and Pay Money. Puffy covered 4 States this past week. Not one time did they open the Bible, not one scripture of God was quoted, not any lesson on Jesus was given, and no spiritual food was feed, its sin as usually.

And this is supposed to be the only Church God is going to recognize. God is going to say, I never been to that Church before. So donít be surprise of the treatment that is displayed. If Love is never taught, you canít live it. You canít teach love without teaching the Bible. This Non-Teaching Bible-less Building, is going to bust Hell wide open if a change donít come.
Imperfectly Perfect

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
This is personal with Puffy and me: My Aunt was one of the first generations in the UHOP. You know in the south the only jobs some black folks could get were cleaning for white folks. She was well in her eighties still trying to clean so she could pay her Tithes and Offering. On her sick bed she begged for Puffy to come and pray for her, he was her Pastor. He never did, she was one of his true and faithful members that went every night to the UHOP, but not a high paying member. He judged her on how much money she gave. Over 80 years of dedicated service, she shouldnít have had to give another dime. The strain of giving money is more important then your soul. She had a number, but not one every year.
Your Leaders donít visit their sick, so some of the Pastors follow suit. We were told we were bless he preached her funeral. Picture that, I could tell you more but the damage is already done. The only reason Dee push for him to be Bishop is because heís her Puppet.
The one thing I want to see change in UHOP is that these Bishops you elect, thinks of its people first. Stop hiding behind the concept that God sent them so itís ok for them to get rich, on the backs of their members. If it wasnít for your old and faithful still pushing, you wouldnít have a Church.
Puffy has change for the worst because of the Money. Puffy never had any and to get it all, you created a bigger Monster. Money brings power, and his power is out of control. What Leader of a Church think he should leave his Church without praying the New Years in. If you never thanked God, New Years is the one time you should.
As for their service, I now know the true meaning of ďPiss StopĒ. If Puffy donít think he should preach a sermon when heís in Church, why not let one of the Elders preach. Their services are meaningless. They donít carry Bibles nor do they preach from it. They go to Church to listen to the Music, Dance, Eat, Socialize and Pay Money. Puffy covered 4 States this past week. Not one time did they open the Bible, not one scripture of God was quoted, not any lesson on Jesus was given, and no spiritual food was feed, its sin as usually.
And this is supposed to be the only Church God is going to recognize. God is going to say, I never been to that Church before. So donít be surprise of the treatment that is displayed. If Love is never taught, you canít live it. You canít teach love without teaching the Bible. This Non-Teaching Bible-less Building, is going to bust Hell wide open if a change donít come.

I have seen that too..one of the many things that confuse me. Whenever I ask questions in regards to it, some people get offended by it. I started backing away from it all...kinda creeped me out.
I Just Want To Live Right

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

saved wrote:
@ I Just Want To live Right, we see how you r living why would you put the Sister from Washington full name on this post when you won't put your name on here because ur hiding behind I Just Want to live Right. You r wrong!!! n if you truely want to live right you would go head n do so and don't spread what you heard!!! live right move on if you have truely been delivered from UHOP n don't look back!!"
@ Saved. My intentions was not to single out or belittle anyone... and in hindsight you are correct. My appollogies to all for not thinking prior to hitting the send button. I humbly submit for my transgression. NOW THAT WE'VE GOT THAT OUT OF TE WAY... Please lets stay on course, positive and upbeat. My Handle "I Just Want To Live Right" explains it all for me. There are things in my past that I'd like to remain just that. I don't want to be behind the Man that I used to be... and you sure as Hell don't want to be standing in front of him. Trust me I'm not hiding behind anything... its just that my Identity is not the issue or of any importance when it comes to this sight.

My Priority is my SOUL... Not how much Money I've paid on "G" Class (G for Get Rich), Not how many nights I attended , Not whether I had a Convocation Badge, Not whether I choose to be on a club and wear the same colors (like gangs do). Not whether I sell, fry, pledge, or commit to make an organization as rich as possible. Not whether I claim to own Buses (that can't be written unless I pay), Not whether I give homage to another instead of having a DIRECT contact with the ALMIGHTY GOD. But if you want to really know who I am "Trying to be" and chance meeting who I was... then I'm sure we can arrange that.

Be Blessed My Brother/Sister... I'm about to go in to Prayer... cuz the old me is trying to raise its head. Much Love and Respect to everyone. Because Truly... "I JUST WANT TO LIVE RIGHT"
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Imperfectly Perfect wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen that too..one of the many things that confuse me. Whenever I ask questions in regards to it, some people get offended by it. I started backing away from it all...kinda creeped me out.
Hello Imperfectly Perfect,

I too wasn't born and raised in the HOP, I was there for 15 years before I prayed to God to show me HIS truth. If you are having questions now you are going to have questions later and it shouldn't be that no one can answer them. Please read you bible and ask God to continue to open your eyes he will do it. When you get a chance please check out this video link it will help you on your journey.

http://searchingfortruth.org/home.truth ...

God Bless
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Not only did the UHOP strip us of a better education, good Jobs came into play also. UHOP members were trained to discuss everything with these Bishops. Some of us were offered good jobs back in the day. A member had a chance to be Secret Service for a President; a Stewardess Job for a Major Airline, Lionel Hampton wanted many to join his Band. Pearl Bailey tried to get her sisters to sing with her. Ball players could have become Professional. So many of our Singers and Musician were offered position in the Music world, and refused. Talent Scout toured the UHOP frequently. Aretha Franklin started in a Church, Look how far she went.

We were told if we left the UHOP something bad would happen to us. Daddy could no longer protect us. Power of suggestion was used on us frequently. I could name a lot of jobs some of us could have had a long time ago. Anything that could have enhanced our way of living these Bishops stopped.

Our Minds, Bodies, and Souls have been robbed for years. This was a sure way of keeping us under control. I could still hear them say, you might leave the UHOP, Some of us left anyway too late to pursuit any of those Careers.

And you say this is not a Cult, If UHOP members had as much faith in God as they do in Man, oh what a wonderful world this could be.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
Not only did the UHOP strip us of a better education, good Jobs came into play also. UHOP members were trained to discuss everything with these Bishops. Some of us were offered good jobs back in the day. A member had a chance to be Secret Service for a President; a Stewardess Job for a Major Airline, Lionel Hampton wanted many to join his Band. Pearl Bailey tried to get her sisters to sing with her. Ball players could have become Professional. So many of our Singers and Musician were offered position in the Music world, and refused. Talent Scout toured the UHOP frequently. Aretha Franklin started in a Church, Look how far she went.
We were told if we left the UHOP something bad would happen to us. Daddy could no longer protect us. Power of suggestion was used on us frequently. I could name a lot of jobs some of us could have had a long time ago. Anything that could have enhanced our way of living these Bishops stopped.
Our Minds, Bodies, and Souls have been robbed for years. This was a sure way of keeping us under control. I could still hear them say, you might leave the UHOP, Some of us left anyway too late to pursuit any of those Careers.
And you say this is not a Cult, If UHOP members had as much faith in God as they do in Man, oh what a wonderful world this could be.
Hello Gee-Tee!

You are right and don't forget if you wanted to get married you had to get "daddy's" approval I always thought tradition was that you asked the girl's parents. I never agreed with this concept once again man-made.
Im Just Saying

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
@Organized Religion and I'm Free....
This is probably the deepest, saddest situations I've heard about in a very long time. I can't even say that I'm not surprised, because I thought that at funerals - UHOP allowed non participating members to partake in the homegoing services along with allowing non members and ex-members; normally anyone can be placed on a program to participate. This situation is the worst ever, and Bishop Bailey should be embarrassed by this. This was the last opportunity for family and friends to pay their respects to a love one, and this last moment was ripped from them and done in public. I wasnt there, but I feel the pain of the family members. This is an act that was not steered by holiness nor love. Jesus teaching of love is definitely not strongly implemented in these individuals who made such a repulsive decision. I believe Jesus would've been more than welcoming despite anyone's fault; if there be any or not. Love is a first commandment and the first principle. This occurrence is another sure sign that the UHOP is not for all people. Bishop Bailey may need to reconsider correcting the name of the organization that best suits what it honestly represents.
The name United House of Prayer for all People that they love to throw in everyone's face because it's biblical means absolutely nothing. There is very little prayer going on and shenanigans like those at that funeral confirm that the House of Prayer is certainly not for ALL People. They have no regard for people, much less God Who is looking down on all this. They do not care what He thinks about what they do. If the bishop thinks it's right, then it must be right. Like you I am saddened by these events, but not surprised.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Someone said to me the other day, the UHOP kept us off the streets and out of trouble. Yes they did, but look at all the people that didnít go to the UHOP and never got into trouble. The UHOP had a lot of good points. But their bad out weighed their good. Keeping us off the streets is not working anymore.

What the world is offering now is far greater then what it offered me in my day. We need the words of God. The disregard of another humanís life is off the hook.

Childrenís are killing their parents; their respect is out the window; teenage pregnancies are out of control, and our jails are really over crowded. Some of these things were unheard of years ago. We are losing our youth at a high speed. We need the words of God and prayer before a change will come.

Thatís why if a Church set up shop in a neighborhood, they should have some kind of outreach programs to help the people help themselves.

Another quote I like is ďBlack on Black crime is not Guns only; itís how we treat each other.
Imperfectly Perfect

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Imperfectly Perfect,
I too wasn't born and raised in the HOP, I was there for 15 years before I prayed to God to show me HIS truth. If you are having questions now you are going to have questions later and it shouldn't be that no one can answer them. Please read you bible and ask God to continue to open your eyes he will do it. When you get a chance please check out this video link it will help you on your journey.
http://searchingfortruth.org/home.truth ...
God Bless
Hi MSD,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm just trying to keep my relationship with God just that. Nothing will ever change how I feel about Him and who my savior is...and I know for a fact that it isn't anyone on this earth...
Foryoursoul

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

@Imperfectly Perfect There was a letter written and sent to Bishop Bailey and for the members in Uhop who are trying to understand what is going on in the church. If you would like a copy, send an email to thmplinds@msn.com. It appears that you are searching and this site (a modern day newspaper) does serve a purpose for many who want to find God.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Imperfectly Perfect wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi MSD,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm just trying to keep my relationship with God just that. Nothing will ever change how I feel about Him and who my savior is...and I know for a fact that it isn't anyone on this earth...
Good Morning "IP"

When you get some time PLEASE check out the video link I attached in my last message to you I know it will help you! Just to let you know I left the HOP I could not stay in a place that God doesn't endorse and He is not elevated. If you don't mind me asking did you join of your own accord or was it due to marriage, etc?

God Bless
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Foryoursoul wrote:
@Imperfectly Perfect There was a letter written and sent to Bishop Bailey and for the members in Uhop who are trying to understand what is going on in the church. If you would like a copy, send an email to thmplinds@msn.com. It appears that you are searching and this site (a modern day newspaper) does serve a purpose for many who want to find God.
Good morning Foryoursoul,

Do you mind posting that letter on here if you could I would love to read it.

Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••