United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Comments (Page 253)

Showing posts 5,041 - 5,060 of7,650
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
Quote: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bishop Charles Manuel "Sweet Daddy" Grace was born Marcelino Manuel da Graca, January 25, 1884, in Brava Cape Verde Islands, a Portuguese possession off the west coast of Africa. He came to America on a ship called Freedom in 1903 and settled in New Bedford, Massachusetts. After leaving his job as a railway cook, Grace began using the title Bishop. In 1919, Daddy Grace, as parishioners knew him, built the first House of Prayer in West Wareham, Massachusetts at the cost of thirty-nine dollars
One of the principles that Daddy Grace taught which provoked controversy was the concept of one man leadership. Grace used the Bible as his reference and taught that God only used one man at a time (e.g. Noah, Moses, and Jesus). One of the many criticisms made against Grace is the following statement which Grace is to have allegedly made in the early 1940s: "Salvation is by Grace only. Grace has given God a vacation, and since He is on vacation, don't worry about Him. If you sin against God, Grace can save you, but if you sin against Grace, God cannot save you. Nonetheless, the "interpretation of this point that Grace claimed he himself was God
One reason for the early success of the denomination is that offerings went directly to Grace for investment into products such as soap, stationery, tea, coffee, cookies, toothpaste, facial creams, talcum powder, hair dressing, and the Grace Magazine.(Which you had to pay for, Grace gave nothing back to the people he rob)
This tradition has been handed down from Bishop to Bishop.
One Man, one Man, God can’t use but one Man, They sang that song so much, I really believe it. That is until I read the Bible for myself.
The information is out there people, read it and Make a change.
Hey Gee-Tee that one man rule came from Grace which came from the Catholic church...LOL nothing about the HOP is original the band concept came from COGIC they had the Sunshine band. Remember y'all Grace dipped and dabbed in various sects of religions and (taking notes)before he established the HOP. Tithing came from the Catholics, Shouting/Speaking in tongues (jibberish) came from the Holiness sects. About this speaking in tongues it was a known language not jibberish. Bible example on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2)the character of the tongues on Pentecost is clearly revealed. "And they (the apostles) were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance" (v 4) Jews from many nations were in the city, and hearing these tongues, were confounded "because that every man heard them speaking in his own language." (v 6) Their amazement is further evidence by the question, "How hear we every man in our language wherein we were born?" (v 8) And again, "We hear them speaking in our tongues the mighty works of God." (v 11) Surely it is obvious here that the gift of tongues was the miraculous ability possessed by these Galileans to speak in the languages of the various nationalities represented. That would be like me speaking Japanese without studying/learning.

Purpose of Tongues - The gift of tongues, as well as other miraculous abilities, were "signs" designed to convince unbelievers of the heavenly origin of Christianity. Such signs were never intended to be an end within themselves, but were the means by which God authenticated the messages of those who proclaimed His Cause (Mark 16:20; 1 Cor 14:22; Heb 2:3,4) Those signs performed by the 1st century disciples were recorded by the New Testament writers.(John 20:30,31)They thus "confirm" its holy message. To contend that these signs are available today , is to affirm that the Bible is not God's final revelation to man. 1 Cor. 13:8 As for prophecies, the will pass away; as for tongues, the will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
Hebrewsunite

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

MSD wrote:
One more thing I forgot to add these men are playing Russian Rolette with your souls. I think about all of those who have passed away believing in this False Doctrine and my heart aches. Good sincere people who had a zeal of God but not according to knowledge. Romans 10:1-4. I am not trying to hurt anyone or offend anyone I care about your soul!
Wow.

This is one of the best statements of observation I have ever seen about this denominational mess practiced as religion. Many thanks

Shaluwm
I Just Want To Live Right

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I pray for the strength and Pure understanding to ALL of GOD's children. GOD's Word and TRUTH continues to be brought to light as things continue to be revealed behind the secrets and what goes on behind the scene at the UHOP. I received word on yesterday (no knowledge of my own)that Brenda Hall was arrested concerning the UHOP. Again... Pride comes before the fall.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I Just Want To Live Right wrote:
I pray for the strength and Pure understanding to ALL of GOD's children. GOD's Word and TRUTH continues to be brought to light as things continue to be revealed behind the secrets and what goes on behind the scene at the UHOP. I received word on yesterday (no knowledge of my own)that Brenda Hall was arrested concerning the UHOP. Again... Pride comes before the fall.
Wow is all I can say along with God will NOT be mocked!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Gee-Tee that one man rule came from Grace which came from the Catholic church...LOL nothing about the HOP is original the band concept came from COGIC they had the Sunshine band. Remember y'all Grace dipped and dabbed in various sects of religions and (taking notes)before he established the HOP. Tithing came from the Catholics, Shouting/Speaking in tongues (jibberish) came from the Holiness sects. About this speaking in tongues it was a known language not jibberish. Bible example on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2)the character of the tongues on Pentecost is clearly revealed. "And they (the apostles) were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance" (v 4) Jews from many nations were in the city, and hearing these tongues, were confounded "because that every man heard them speaking in his own language." (v 6) Their amazement is further evidence by the question, "How hear we every man in our language wherein we were born?" (v 8) And again, "We hear them speaking in our tongues the mighty works of God." (v 11) Surely it is obvious here that the gift of tongues was the miraculous ability possessed by these Galileans to speak in the languages of the various nationalities represented. That would be like me speaking Japanese without studying/learning.
Purpose of Tongues - The gift of tongues, as well as other miraculous abilities, were "signs" designed to convince unbelievers of the heavenly origin of Christianity. Such signs were never intended to be an end within themselves, but were the means by which God authenticated the messages of those who proclaimed His Cause (Mark 16:20; 1 Cor 14:22; Heb 2:3,4) Those signs performed by the 1st century disciples were recorded by the New Testament writers.(John 20:30,31)They thus "confirm" its holy message. To contend that these signs are available today , is to affirm that the Bible is not God's final revelation to man. 1 Cor. 13:8 As for prophecies, the will pass away; as for tongues, the will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
EXACTLY!!! Thank God for you sharing. HOP members are actually blurring out jibberish from their mouths during their emotional moments of "being in the spirit". If one would stop for a moment and check themselves, they should acknowledge their own force to blur out words/sounds that makes no sense to any nationality. Someone misinterpreted tongues scriptures and taught the wrong way and now the emotions are caught up in it as a need to blur it out to prove that one is in the spirit to others around them watching.

Example: King David did the same thing. Situation: He had a matter with God's enemies, and found himself in hot water. Once they found him, he took matters into his own hands: He pretended he was insane, acting crazy and letting saliva run down his beard. Familiar?

Jesus never taught to receive the Holy Spirit this way. The first big step to receiving the Holy Spirit is believing that Jesus Christ is your savior; he was the one that intercepted and died for your sins and to have faith in him and what he did for all people to have the right to eternal life. Then conduct your life that shows your desire to please God. There's surrounding portions of living that makes us a child of God, but Jesus said that his yoke is easy and his burden is light.
Happy in Jesus

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

The United House of Pimpin for all Crooks is going down. LET GOD ARISE. The people have been abused for too long....
organized religion

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I don’t know if you are a current member of the HOP or not….. I’ve been away from the board for a bit and there is so much to catch up on. If you are a current member, I hope you would allow me to offer you some advice as how to handle the rumor mill. There have been so many reports of this one being arrested, FBI raids, holding cells, etc.etc.. That you really don’t know what to believe, or how to make heads or tales of it all. You are so on the right track to pray to God for strength and pure understanding, if you mean it from your heart your prayer will not go unanswered. Take this time to begin reflecting on your experiences as a member and then remove yourself from the situation and view it as an outsider looking in.

Please understand I speak to you with sincerity, I was you a little over 20years ago. I went through some of the same things of not knowing what was what. I asked God to show me what he wanted me to see. I just wanted what God wanted me to have regardless of the outcome.

When I went through the heartbreak of seeing things for the first time, it wasn’t easy but it was necessary. It was heartbreaking because you love what you have known for all of those years and it is not easy to realize that something you love is tarnished.

The reason I say do not put to much into the claims coming out, is because when we(those who fought the battle in the Madison day)were going through our eye opening, we heard a lot of rumors and claims. Many of them didn’t come to light for years. Not everything that is done in the dark will come to light in our desired timing. So, you have to be able to come to an independent understanding regardless if the claims are revealed.
saved

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

@ Gee-Tee, first let me inform you that you do not have the authority to keep me from talking about any othwr church n if you read my post i never said that i did not believe what you said about Bishop Grace. I can not speak on something that i don't know to be true, i have relatives (aunts n my mother) who were maids for Bishop Grace i asked them were they ever touched or molested they responsed that he did not do anything of that nature to them n believe me if he had they would have told it !!! You would have to know them, they would have never held on to that n one of them even traveled to Cuba with him. Four sisters all of them said the same n once again im not saying nothing happen nor have i said this prevously.
prince rod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

So now the late evangelist Daddy Grace has to share his “World Chutzpah Championship” title with President Obama. Until Obama’s victory-coated surrender to Iran, Daddy Grace, a black man from Portugal’s Cape Verde Islands, had a solid solo claim on that distinction.

In the era of racial segregation, Daddy Grace used to tour back-country USA in a caravan of Cadillacs, with a team including dozens of beautiful black women in diaphanous white gowns. No one knew what their role was. He called them “My Angels”!

Daddy Grace would stand up before crowds of black sharecroppers in the Deep South and, after his spiritual ministrations, would tell the crowd,“You may now throw your contributions at me. I’m going to close my eyes, and I don’t want to hear any noise!”

That meant the minimum suggested contribution was one dollar. Do you know what a dollar meant to a sharecropper in the 1940s?

One day Daddy Grace ran into a community in Alabama where the authorities were not exactly his followers. He was thrown in jail.

“What are the charges?” Daddy Grace asked the chief of police.

“We’ll do the paperwork in the morning,” snapped the bigoted cop.

With the dignity of a Libyan camel, Daddy Grace stretched out uncomplainingly on his bunk and went to sleep.

The next morning the jailer unlocked Daddy Grace’s cell and said,“We have to let you go. The judge who ordered your arrest died during the night.”

Without the slightest pause, Daddy Grace said,“I know
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

You know what’s so sad, why do outside concern have to step in to start an investigation. All these members can’t be content with Business as usually. Yet before they speak up, they go along with the program. The question should be why. They can’t keep closing their eyes waiting for God to fix something he didn’t start.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

saved wrote:
@ Gee-Tee, first let me inform you that you do not have the authority to keep me from talking about any othwr church n if you read my post i never said that i did not believe what you said about Bishop Grace. I can not speak on something that i don't know to be true, i have relatives (aunts n my mother) who were maids for Bishop Grace i asked them were they ever touched or molested they responsed that he did not do anything of that nature to them n believe me if he had they would have told it !!! You would have to know them, they would have never held on to that n one of them even traveled to Cuba with him. Four sisters all of them said the same n once again im not saying nothing happen nor have i said this prevously.
I’m not saying your Aunt is not telling you the truth. One question, do your Mom and Aunts still attend the UHOP. Most UHOP abuse members would take it to their graves before they tell it. It was drilled into your heads not to make Grace look bad.

You have UHOP members still today will not claim on their taxes what monies they gave, because they were told it could get Grace in trouble with the Government.

Don’t misunderstand me; my aim is not to discredit the UHOP. It is to expose the lie it was built on. Grace created a Cult beginning with uneducated people. Remember when he started he was preaching to White and Black folks. Why didn’t the White people stay? They knew how to read for themselves and saw the lies.
Married n2 UHOP

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Just have an open discussion when the majority of the members get together perhaps in May. Thanks
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

prince rod wrote:
So now the late evangelist Daddy Grace has to share his “World Chutzpah Championship” title with President Obama. Until Obama’s victory-coated surrender to Iran, Daddy Grace, a black man from Portugal’s Cape Verde Islands, had a solid solo claim on that distinction.
In the era of racial segregation, Daddy Grace used to tour back-country USA in a caravan of Cadillacs, with a team including dozens of beautiful black women in diaphanous white gowns. No one knew what their role was. He called them “My Angels”!
Daddy Grace would stand up before crowds of black sharecroppers in the Deep South and, after his spiritual ministrations, would tell the crowd,“You may now throw your contributions at me. I’m going to close my eyes, and I don’t want to hear any noise!”
That meant the minimum suggested contribution was one dollar. Do you know what a dollar meant to a sharecropper in the 1940s?
One day Daddy Grace ran into a community in Alabama where the authorities were not exactly his followers. He was thrown in jail.
“What are the charges?” Daddy Grace asked the chief of police.
“We’ll do the paperwork in the morning,” snapped the bigoted cop.
With the dignity of a Libyan camel, Daddy Grace stretched out uncomplainingly on his bunk and went to sleep.
The next morning the jailer unlocked Daddy Grace’s cell and said,“We have to let you go. The judge who ordered your arrest died during the night.”
Without the slightest pause, Daddy Grace said,“I know
Ok my brother you if you are standing for the HOP this whole statement is not working in your/their favor. You are exposing the truth of what really and is STILL going on. This is the kind of nonsense that needs to STOP! We've heard this regurgitated story over and over. It was just a coincidence that the judge died and if that where even true. Sounds like another HOP ghost story LOL....SMH! This may have worked on those who didn't know better back then but not today! I remember how I would hear these CAMP FIRE stories and I would be like are you serious!!! Especially about the one where Grace was sitting in the back seat of his car and one of his maids witnessed him disappearing claiming he hear one of his children calling and he had to go see about them... o_O *blank stare* What is sad is that we can get all gassed up about these FABLES but when Jesus is mentioned in the HOP we sit like the WB frog!! It's time to turn it around people!!!!!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok my brother you if you are standing for the HOP this whole statement is not working in your/their favor. You are exposing the truth of what really and is STILL going on. This is the kind of nonsense that needs to STOP! We've heard this regurgitated story over and over. It was just a coincidence that the judge died and if that where even true. Sounds like another HOP ghost story LOL....SMH! This may have worked on those who didn't know better back then but not today! I remember how I would hear these CAMP FIRE stories and I would be like are you serious!!! Especially about the one where Grace was sitting in the back seat of his car and one of his maids witnessed him disappearing claiming he hear one of his children calling and he had to go see about them... o_O *blank stare* What is sad is that we can get all gassed up about these FABLES but when Jesus is mentioned in the HOP we sit like the WB frog!! It's time to turn it around people!!!!!
Great reply MSD.... You notice how these stories are some how disappearing. A few of the die hards keep hope alive repeating them but for the most part no one is going for it anymore. People in 2013 should be too informed to fall for this holy folklore. For those who don't take too kindly to ex-members discussing Bishop Grace's indiscretions @prince rod's Dr. Seuss holy fairy tale supports everything we've been saying. Anybody that is able to disappear out of a moving car and reappear surely could convince an innocent girl that having sex with him was "GOD's will." I mean was he in the Dolorean from the movie Back to the Future?

Just follow my logic for a second my UHOP sisters and brothers who question why the people never exposed Grace's pedophilia. If they believed that a judge dropped dead for having him arrested wouldn't it make sense that they had that same fear that if they reported him something would happen to them.

I can accept some of the stories about him having the gift of healing even though many of them sound a little sketchy. I have personal experience with an individual that was sick. When he got well and wrote his testimony the UHOP wouldn't publish it in the McCollough Magazine because he wouldn't give the credit to "Daddy" for healing him.

Hey MSD about him disappearing from the car, if you're familiar with the old Packard he used to drive it's a huge car. Well when they checked the rear view mirror and didn't see him did anybody look on the floor to see if he was laying down sleeping or playing hide and go seek LOL..... Every one of the UHOP stories should start off with "Once upon a time Daddy blah blah blah"
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Hey MSD about him disappearing from the car, if you're familiar with the old Packard he used to drive it's a huge car. Well when they checked the rear view mirror and didn't see him did anybody look on the floor to see if he was laying down sleeping or playing hide and go seek LOL..... Every one of the UHOP stories should start off with "Once upon a time Daddy blah blah blah"

@Cultastic you are a mess this is very true and funny!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Here is part of a lesson I was reading and I'd thought I'd share it with you all.......

SOME PEOPLE REFUSE TO BE WARNED.

I Samuel 8:4-9 - "Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah, and said to him,'Look, you are old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.' But the thing displeased Samuel when they said,'Give us a king to judge us.' So Samuel prayed to the LORD. And the LORD said to Samuel,'Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me, that I should not reign over them. According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt, even to this day--with which they have forsaken Me and served other gods--so they are doing to you also. Now therefore, heed their voice. However, you shall solemnly forewarn them, and show them the behavior of the king who will reign over them.' So Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who asked him for a king."
To refuse God's leadership is a serious error and that's precisely what Israel did. The people were warned that it was a mistake to yearn for a physical king, but they would not listen. Don't be a fool who refuses to heed warnings from those with wisdom and experience (particularly when the word is from the Lord; cf. Matt. 13:9).

Does this sound familiar?????????? All we have to do is read/study the bible is telling us what to do and not to do and when we do what we shouldn't there is a penalty.
Concerned Individual

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

You know what.... everybody that does not attend the HOP shut the HELL up. Yall dont even go and you mouthing off about some hear say shit. Yall dont know these people just stirring.up confusions.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Here's more on the lesson from the book of Samuel...

MANY SINS RESULT FROM FEARING PEOPLE INSTEAD OF GOD.- Think about this the next time you fear/do what dad say do.

I Samuel 15:24 - "Then Saul said to Samuel,'I have sinned, for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD and your words, because I feared the people and obeyed their voice.'"
Saul was right to admit his sin; he had violated God's command. Whether he did so out of fear of the people seems suspect, but let's assume he was telling the truth. Fearing mankind more than God is always a mistake. Jesus put it best in Matthew 10:28 - "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." If we do what is right in God's eyes, we really have nothing to fear, no matter what mortals may do to us.

THE LORD DOES NOT JUDGE BASED ON OUTWARD APPEARANCES.- Think about this the next time you suit up in your uniforms (God's people are not set apart by garments they are set apart by doing His will!

I Samuel 16:6,7 - "So it was, when they came, that he looked at Eliab and said,'Surely the LORD's anointed is before Him!' But the LORD said to Samuel,'Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
Man naturally judges based on outward appearances, but this is not wise. Samuel would have anointed the wrong king based upon looks alone. Saul doubted the young shepherd's looks, too, when it came to fighting Goliath (cf. I Sam. 17:33). But, although David didn't look like a king or a warrior, he had the heart and character required! God knew this because God doesn't judge on externals, and neither should we. We should, instead, make judgments that are righteous (cf. John 7:24). Doing this requires time, wisdom, and discernment.

I hope this helps someone!! There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death. Proverbs 14:12
-
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

prince rod wrote:
Daddy Grace used to tour back-country USA in a caravan of Cadillacs, with a team including dozens of beautiful black women in diaphanous white gowns. No one knew what their role was. He called them “My Angels”!
You just describe a Pimp with his Bouncers and Whores

Caravan of Cadillac’s
Dozens of Beautiful Black Women in Diaphanous White Gowns
Diaphanous: Almost Transparent, See Through, Sheer, Filmy, Thin and Gossamer.
Pimp: Somebody soliciting for prostitutes, usually a Man, who finds customer’s for a Prostitute in return for a portion of the Prostitute’s earnings

Quote: Daddy Grace would stand up before crowds of black sharecroppers in the Deep South and, after his spiritual ministrations, would tell the crowd,“You may now throw your contributions at me. I’m going to close my eyes, and I don’t want to hear any noise!”

Question: Do you know what a dollar meant to the poor in the 40’s?

I could really have some fun with you with this post, but you have done enough damage on your own. Maybe you should cool it for awhile because you truly are not helping Grace.

Another question, should a Man who claims God sent him have a Dozen of Seductive Women following him? What message was he trying to deliver?
A Man of God would have had his Wife or no women at all.

Grace did not view himself as a Black Man why are you.

MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Concerned Individual wrote:
You know what.... everybody that does not attend the HOP shut the HELL up. Yall dont even go and you mouthing off about some hear say shit. Yall dont know these people just stirring.up confusions.
You are all in THIS kool-aide and don't know the flava! Why don't you try reading all of the past post and see we do know these people because we used to be these people. We just chose to march to the beat of a different drum (Jesus) Why don't you try with all that foul language! How is your comment helping anybody!!????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,041 - 5,060 of7,650
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••