United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 9400 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5088 May 7, 2013
prince rod wrote:
the United house of prayer and the nation of Islam
What’s wrong with you, the Muslins never respected the UHOP because they viewed Grace as a White Protégées Man leading Black people to Hell. Grace never viewed himself as a Black man either. The UHOP may have a Black leader now, however like everything else it was founded on a lie.
Grace was accepted because uneducated Black people viewed him as their Great White Hope.

When are you going to realize we are not trying to tear down the UHOP? We want to tear down the lies. Build your Church if that’s what you want, but build it on the truth of the Bible, not Man. Follow Gods Law, not Mans Law.

When Puffy gets up to talk, he should be saying,“Members open up your Bible to, and let’s read together.” I’ve been to a Church that had a screen in the front of the Church. When the Pastor read from the bible the verses he read was displayed on the screen so every one could see the word. Puffy gets up and talk about Money. Name a sermon Puffy preached that feeds the soul. How long as he been Bishop?

When you asked a UHOP member how was service, the only thing they can talk about is,“that Band really played tonight, everybody was shouting”. What good would a School be if they only taught you how to write, but not to read? That’s what the UHOP is doing; it’s teaching you how to shout only.

You need the words of God, you call this a Church right. I call it a Bible less Building, it’s truly not a place of worship. Every time one of you post, you prove us right. It’s never about what God said, it’s about what Puffy said.
All your scriptures are what Puffy said to read, how about you quote a scripture you read on your own.

Don’t compare the UHOP with the Nation of Islam, the Muslins read their Bible, and stand on Corners trying to reach souls. They also visit the prisons.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5089 May 7, 2013
@Gee-Tee

I was feeling robbed when I left the HOP services because not only did they take money from me they took biblical food from me. I remember how Madison would always say how a shout was missing from the services what about the honest truth of God. I will say I learned how to cut a step but that WILL NOT save you! I cannot find where the 1st century Christians were ever told to shout (dance)to praise the Lord. And please don't quote Old Testament scripture about David putting on a dance we are not under that dispensation people.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5090 May 7, 2013
prince rod wrote:
When it comes down to leadership you have to carry the weight of so much jealously hate and envy from non followers and your followers
Dear BLACK warrior let me correct you on a few points from post #5065. NO ONE, not ONE person that I know is jealous of any black man that owns a car like a Maybach while many of those who helped to pay for it can barely make ends meet in this failing economy. NO ONE is jealous of any man that twists scripture and sales you GOD through spiritual enslavement and fear. He carries lots of weight brother but I can assure you it is not the weight of being a SERVANT.

“ black people the reason why we don't have nothing in this world cause we rather follow the devil in leave Christ” <<< Correction as black people we don’t have "things" in this world because we would rather follow the doctrines of greedy MEN and religious leaders giving them money with the HOPE that GOD will some how get it and return on our mythical spiritual investments. By the way what’s the market rate for a good blessing from GOD these days?

“we refuse to believe the devil telling us we fool's and a cult but because we have love in god is love we have faith in the almighty god we talk about daddy yeah daddy real “ <<< The devil is not calling you fools but intellectual observers who see you believing in Daddy (Casper) the Friendly Holyghost do question what is going on in that mighty brain of yours that GOD blessed you with. You can believe in zombies but that doesn’t make them real brother. Just a thought.

"but if it has not been for Jesus where would this house of prayer kingdom and gospel be from 1919-2013 going strong with power and love from the almighty god of heaven the house of prayer is heaven on earth believe it or not I feel god every time I enter the kingdom" <<<< I’m not going to waste too many words with this one. There is no such thing as a house of prayer "kingdom" or "gospel" in relation to scripture. They are both man made catch phrases and clichés that have been passed down in the UHOP. Unless of course the UHOP claims to be a RELIGION and not Christianity.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5091 May 7, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
What’s wrong with you, the Muslins never respected the UHOP because they viewed Grace as a White Protégées Man leading Black people to Hell. Grace never viewed himself as a Black man either. The UHOP may have a Black leader now, however like everything else it was founded on a lie. Grace was accepted because uneducated Black people viewed him as their Great White Hope.
@prince rod is clearly young and unlearned. He should first know that the COGIC is a much larger black organization than his UHOP in membership.

Objectively looking at the UHOP Grace took the women who were MAIDS for white people by day and made their daughters MAIDS for him at night; how ironic. They fought for their dignity to get away from those white uniforms and aprons only for us to turn around and continue to wear them 2013. What in the world are we thinking? The very same attire that represented oppression of black women now represents GOD and purity. I find that to be a very sick way of thinking. The saddest part is that many UHOP sheeple have no clue how ignorant they are regarding their church and Daddy. They really think they KNOW and that is dangerous.

One of my favorite UHOP propaganda quotes is: "You gotta know, that you know, that you know." What in the name of Daddy Claus does that mean?

Reading @prince rod's posts I can assure everyone that he's not ingesting the content of those who are speaking to him. He's closing his eyes and ears and marching to the beat of his "Daddy" drums.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5092 May 7, 2013
"but anyway give a shout out to michael mayhaw from charlotte,nc but a member of Lancaster,sc hop played on the band where his uncle is head pastor at micheal went to college at nc a&t in Greensboro he got drafted to the Washington redskins proud of you bruh wish you good luck on your new start career may god be with you all the way see god will bless you if you keep the faith and give him everything some gone down talk him on this site cause he a house of prayer member cause just like some folks don't like to see a brother of our faith make it no where”

Brother @prince rod you have it completely twisted. We try to talk you UP out of bondage so that there can be more brothers like him. His accomplishments on the football field have nothing to do with the UHOP so please do not falsely give the organization the credit. BTW I’m a Redskins fan I don’t recall hearing that name as a draft pick but I’ll take your word for it; maybe he was a trade. At any rate if it’s true I personally won’t be talking about him being a member of the UHOP I’ll be talking about his performance on the field.

Well clearly his schedule will allow for little time to attend the UHOP. He’ll also be exposed to the “world” as a professional athlete. Doesn’t that contradict the UHOP’s reasoning behind why the band musicians can’t become professionals or be paid for their talent.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5093 May 7, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
@prince rod is clearly young and unlearned. He should first know that the COGIC is a much larger black organization than his UHOP in membership.
Objectively looking at the UHOP Grace took the women who were MAIDS for white people by day and made their daughters MAIDS for him at night; how ironic. They fought for their dignity to get away from those white uniforms and aprons only for us to turn around and continue to wear them 2013. What in the world are we thinking? The very same attire that represented oppression of black women now represents GOD and purity. I find that to be a very sick way of thinking. The saddest part is that many UHOP sheeple have no clue how ignorant they are regarding their church and Daddy. They really think they KNOW and that is dangerous.
One of my favorite UHOP propaganda quotes is: "You gotta know, that you know, that you know." What in the name of Daddy Claus does that mean?
Reading @prince rod's posts I can assure everyone that he's not ingesting the content of those who are speaking to him. He's closing his eyes and ears and marching to the beat of his "Daddy" drums.
@Cultastic another brilliant post my brother!!!
saved

United States

#5094 May 7, 2013
@Gee tee, if all you said about Bishop Grace is true why r u lifting up the muslims Elisha Mahammed was no better, Malcom X exposed yhe truth about him sleeping with young girls n having children with them. Therfore we r to care what they thought of Bishop Grace, you could have used a better example!!!
saved

United States

#5095 May 7, 2013
@ MSD, Where were you Bishop Madison did preached the word, since some of you know everything that goes on you should have known that or have recorded sermons!!!!!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5096 May 7, 2013
saved wrote:
@ MSD, Where were you Bishop Madison did preached the word, since some of you know everything that goes on you should have known that or have recorded sermons!!!!!
@Saved, I was right there when Madison preached and taped the sermons too. I will say that he said more than what Bailey gives you but that still doesn't justify that he was peddling the Gospel. I speak what I've experienced being a former member. Does that answer your question???
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5097 May 7, 2013
TRY JESUS stated..
"No one care if you stay in the UHOP or leave. The objective of this page is to bring out the truth and hopefully anyone that reads the posting will truly begin to investigate."

Well stated. I believe many of the members feel they are being encouraged to leave the UHOP; as far as I'm concerned, that is incorrect. The TRUTH is the issue on the table. Go back to the UHOP with the TRUTH; ask about the TRUTH; read about the TRUTH; pray for the TRUTH; accept the TRUTH because it will be given to you when you seek the TRUTH; and then spread the TRUTH so that others may learn the TRUTH too.. until the TRUTH reaches the bishop so that he will have no other direction to turn but to the TRUTH.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5098 May 7, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
What’s wrong with you, the Muslins never respected the UHOP because they viewed Grace as a White Protégées Man leading Black people to Hell. Grace never viewed himself as a Black man either. The UHOP may have a Black leader now, however like everything else it was founded on a lie.
Grace was accepted because uneducated Black people viewed him as their Great White Hope.
When are you going to realize we are not trying to tear down the UHOP? We want to tear down the lies. Build your Church if that’s what you want, but build it on the truth of the Bible, not Man. Follow Gods Law, not Mans Law.
When Puffy gets up to talk, he should be saying,“Members open up your Bible to, and let’s read together.” I’ve been to a Church that had a screen in the front of the Church. When the Pastor read from the bible the verses he read was displayed on the screen so every one could see the word. Puffy gets up and talk about Money. Name a sermon Puffy preached that feeds the soul. How long as he been Bishop?
When you asked a UHOP member how was service, the only thing they can talk about is,“that Band really played tonight, everybody was shouting”. What good would a School be if they only taught you how to write, but not to read? That’s what the UHOP is doing; it’s teaching you how to shout only.
You need the words of God, you call this a Church right. I call it a Bible less Building, it’s truly not a place of worship. Every time one of you post, you prove us right. It’s never about what God said, it’s about what Puffy said.
All your scriptures are what Puffy said to read, how about you quote a scripture you read on your own.
Don’t compare the UHOP with the Nation of Islam, the Muslins read their Bible, and stand on Corners trying to reach souls. They also visit the prisons.
LOL "Bible Less Building". This entire posting is nothing but the TRUTH!!!!!!! The UHOP does not understand that the intentions of Jesus teaching was to have the listeners to go teach others and to keep his words spreading throughout all nations.(not just blacks) A member commented to me about "what a time they had at the HOP and how I should have been there; and how I missed it." So I asked "Oh yeah? Who preached and what did he preach about?" I didn't get an answer. So of course, the good time came from somebody yelling in the microphone about Daddy and the "holy Ghost", "you better be ready", "there's no other place in the world better than the UHOP" and the members got emotional and shouted twice. This is what you call "good times" in the UHOP. A temporary high. But the good times that Jesus discussed is to be enternal...no end.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5099 May 7, 2013
Please excuse the many errors:

I meant eternal...everlasting.
Eyes on Christ

Lawrenceville, GA

#5100 May 7, 2013
MSD wrote:
For all of you who stay in the HOP for family look at what God said to Eli....
TO HONOR FAMILY MORE THAN GOD IS A SERIOUS TRANSGRESSION.
God asked Eli in I Samuel 2:29 - "Why do you kick at My sacrifice and My offering which I have commanded in My dwelling place, and honor your sons more than Me, to make yourselves fat with the best of all the offerings of Israel My people?"
Eli knew his sons were involved in wickedness, but he honored his sons more than God by choosing to essentially ignore their immorality (cf. Luke 14:26). It is tragic that an otherwise godly man like Eli would allow his family to destroy him.
Also read what Jesus said in Matt10:37-38 38 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
We all are going to be judged by what we do in this body and momma/daddy can't stand for you in the judgement. If you know the HOP isn't right you must deny those things that keep you in bondage there and follow Christ. I did that and i haven't looked back and let me tell you the Will of God will never lead you where the Grace of God won't protect you. I had to let go of some family because they couldn't accept that I chose God over daddy but I pray for them that one day they will see the light! I pray that my post will help somebody!!!
Trust and believe that you were loud and abundantly clear; something to really think about.
Eyes on Christ

Lawrenceville, GA

#5101 May 7, 2013
MSD wrote:
@Gee-Tee
I was feeling robbed when I left the HOP services because not only did they take money from me they took biblical food from me. I remember how Madison would always say how a shout was missing from the services what about the honest truth of God. I will say I learned how to cut a step but that WILL NOT save you! I cannot find where the 1st century Christians were ever told to shout (dance)to praise the Lord. And please don't quote Old Testament scripture about David putting on a dance we are not under that dispensation people.
And...I'm still trying to figure out where the seeking daddy, daddy, daddy name as fast as you can just to receive the holy ghost come from. Who started that? Its torturing to undergo that process. Jesus way is better. BTW...did some research and learned that the interpretation of the Hebrew word Holy Spirit was interrupted in error by the use of a pagan word called ghost which King James decided not to correct, but did leave the correct word "Holy Spirit" in a few scriptures.

Anyways where on earth did seeking daddy's name fast originate from? Anybody?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5102 May 7, 2013
saved wrote:
@Gee tee, if all you said about Bishop Grace is true why r u lifting up the muslims Elisha Mahammed was no better, Malcom X exposed yhe truth about him sleeping with young girls n having children with them. Therfore we r to care what they thought of Bishop Grace, you could have used a better example!!!
It’s obvious you don’t read with understanding also. I responded to Prince_Rod post. He made reference to the Muslins. I just enlighten him. UHOP members like to talk about other Churches, yet you know nothing about yours.
Again I will say this board is about the UHOP. I will not let you talk about some one else Church if you can’t talk the truth about yours.
You believe Elijah raped the children and not Grace. Picture that!

Quote: The Encyclopedia of the Harlem Renaissance – Bishop Charles M.“Sweet Daddy” Grace, known as both a Revered Prophet and a Religious Cult Leader from 1940 to 1960, founded the United House of Prayer for all People in 1919-21.
As a young man, Grace worked in a grocery store and as a cook on the Southern Railways, though he converted from Catholicism to Methodism by 1921, he eventually gravitated toward the Holiness-Pentecostal.

I bet you as Grace rode these railways, he had the opportunity to encounter many lost black souls, that’s when he got the idea to start a Church and saved these people. They did need saving, but not by him.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5103 May 7, 2013
Quote: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bishop Charles Manuel "Sweet Daddy" Grace was born Marcelino Manuel da Graca, January 25, 1884, in Brava Cape Verde Islands, a Portuguese possession off the west coast of Africa. He came to America on a ship called Freedom in 1903 and settled in New Bedford, Massachusetts. After leaving his job as a railway cook, Grace began using the title Bishop. In 1919, Daddy Grace, as parishioners knew him, built the first House of Prayer in West Wareham, Massachusetts at the cost of thirty-nine dollars

One of the principles that Daddy Grace taught which provoked controversy was the concept of one man leadership. Grace used the Bible as his reference and taught that God only used one man at a time (e.g. Noah, Moses, and Jesus). One of the many criticisms made against Grace is the following statement which Grace is to have allegedly made in the early 1940s: "Salvation is by Grace only. Grace has given God a vacation, and since He is on vacation, don't worry about Him. If you sin against God, Grace can save you, but if you sin against Grace, God cannot save you. Nonetheless, the "interpretation of this point that Grace claimed he himself was God

One reason for the early success of the denomination is that offerings went directly to Grace for investment into products such as soap, stationery, tea, coffee, cookies, toothpaste, facial creams, talcum powder, hair dressing, and the Grace Magazine.(Which you had to pay for, Grace gave nothing back to the people he rob)

This tradition has been handed down from Bishop to Bishop.

One Man, one Man, God can’t use but one Man, They sang that song so much, I really believe it. That is until I read the Bible for myself.

The information is out there people, read it and Make a change.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5104 May 7, 2013
saved wrote:
@Gee tee, why r u lifting up the muslims Elisha Mahammed was no better, Malcom X exposed yhe truth about him sleeping with young girls n having children with them.
Malcolm X was a fantastic Speaker/Teacher and the only thing you got out of his teachings was what Elijah Mohammad did. Should I be surprise? I could some how over look Puffy past if I saw a change in him. He’s the same old pompous --- he’s always been.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5105 May 8, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
And...I'm still trying to figure out where the seeking daddy, daddy, daddy name as fast as you can just to receive the holy ghost come from. Who started that? Its torturing to undergo that process. Jesus way is better. BTW...did some research and learned that the interpretation of the Hebrew word Holy Spirit was interrupted in error by the use of a pagan word called ghost which King James decided not to correct, but did leave the correct word "Holy Spirit" in a few scriptures.
Anyways where on earth did seeking daddy's name fast originate from? Anybody?
@Eyes on Christ....That was another can of worms I was about to open up..LOL I see we are on the same page! If you look at the conversions of the Philipian jailor-Acts 16:23-34, the house of Lydia-Acts 16:13-15, the Ethiopian eunuch-Acts 8:26-39, the house of Cornelius-Act 10:1-48 & 11:1-18, and the conversion of Saul to Paul-Acts 9:1-20 & 22:6-16. In none of these cases no one was told to get on their knees and tarry for the Holy Spirit calling on DADDY not even Jesus in that fashion, as a matter of fact in Acts 22:16 Ananias asked Paul why are you waiting (tarrying) arise and be baptized calling on the name of the Lord. Please members of the HOP look into these scriptures all that you are doing is uneccesary and according to THE BIBLE (God's Word) if you did not follow these steps to the plan of Salvation.......... you are not saved.

1) Hear the Gospel Romans 10:17 (The Truth not about what daddy did)
2) Believe the Gospel Mark 16:16; Hebrews 11:6
3) Repent of Sins Acts 2:38; Acts 17:30
4) Confess Christ Matt 10:32
5) Be Baptized (not hosed down with a fire hose) 1 Peter 3:21; Romans 6:3-4; Acts 2:38
6) Live Faithful Until Death Roman 12:1-2; Rev. 2:10

As I have said this is in your Bible I have provided scriptures this is not something I made up. This is not being taught in the HOP.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5106 May 8, 2013
One more thing I forgot to add these men are playing Russian Rolette with your souls. I think about all of those who have passed away believing in this False Doctrine and my heart aches. Good sincere people who had a zeal of God but not according to knowledge. Romans 10:1-4. I am not trying to hurt anyone or offend anyone I care about your soul!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5107 May 8, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
Quote: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bishop Charles Manuel "Sweet Daddy" Grace was born Marcelino Manuel da Graca, January 25, 1884, in Brava Cape Verde Islands, a Portuguese possession off the west coast of Africa. He came to America on a ship called Freedom in 1903 and settled in New Bedford, Massachusetts. After leaving his job as a railway cook, Grace began using the title Bishop. In 1919, Daddy Grace, as parishioners knew him, built the first House of Prayer in West Wareham, Massachusetts at the cost of thirty-nine dollars
One of the principles that Daddy Grace taught which provoked controversy was the concept of one man leadership. Grace used the Bible as his reference and taught that God only used one man at a time (e.g. Noah, Moses, and Jesus). One of the many criticisms made against Grace is the following statement which Grace is to have allegedly made in the early 1940s: "Salvation is by Grace only. Grace has given God a vacation, and since He is on vacation, don't worry about Him. If you sin against God, Grace can save you, but if you sin against Grace, God cannot save you. Nonetheless, the "interpretation of this point that Grace claimed he himself was God
One reason for the early success of the denomination is that offerings went directly to Grace for investment into products such as soap, stationery, tea, coffee, cookies, toothpaste, facial creams, talcum powder, hair dressing, and the Grace Magazine.(Which you had to pay for, Grace gave nothing back to the people he rob)
This tradition has been handed down from Bishop to Bishop.
One Man, one Man, God can’t use but one Man, They sang that song so much, I really believe it. That is until I read the Bible for myself.
The information is out there people, read it and Make a change.
Hey Gee-Tee that one man rule came from Grace which came from the Catholic church...LOL nothing about the HOP is original the band concept came from COGIC they had the Sunshine band. Remember y'all Grace dipped and dabbed in various sects of religions and (taking notes)before he established the HOP. Tithing came from the Catholics, Shouting/Speaking in tongues (jibberish) came from the Holiness sects. About this speaking in tongues it was a known language not jibberish. Bible example on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2)the character of the tongues on Pentecost is clearly revealed. "And they (the apostles) were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance" (v 4) Jews from many nations were in the city, and hearing these tongues, were confounded "because that every man heard them speaking in his own language." (v 6) Their amazement is further evidence by the question, "How hear we every man in our language wherein we were born?" (v 8) And again, "We hear them speaking in our tongues the mighty works of God." (v 11) Surely it is obvious here that the gift of tongues was the miraculous ability possessed by these Galileans to speak in the languages of the various nationalities represented. That would be like me speaking Japanese without studying/learning.

Purpose of Tongues - The gift of tongues, as well as other miraculous abilities, were "signs" designed to convince unbelievers of the heavenly origin of Christianity. Such signs were never intended to be an end within themselves, but were the means by which God authenticated the messages of those who proclaimed His Cause (Mark 16:20; 1 Cor 14:22; Heb 2:3,4) Those signs performed by the 1st century disciples were recorded by the New Testament writers.(John 20:30,31)They thus "confirm" its holy message. To contend that these signs are available today , is to affirm that the Bible is not God's final revelation to man. 1 Cor. 13:8 As for prophecies, the will pass away; as for tongues, the will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min RoSesz 590,393
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 2 hr Imprtnrd 6
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Mon QUITTNER May 25 2015 5
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web