United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 9597 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Partner in Christ

Charlotte, NC

#5047 May 1, 2013
Lol!! Uh oh, she's hot now!! Who cares about you getting mad. The only one sounding stupid right now is you!!! Don't get mad sweetheart b/c you can't defend your cult. You are absolutely brainwashed!!! I read my bible sweetie. You clearly don't read yours. Lol at you.

SMH---Literally wrote:
<quoted text>
All the way black, but I use proper English. Don’t think that because you’re BLACK that you are suppose to sound stupid. If you go back and read the author was asked did you enjoy yourself he said yes I did. Nothing about the music...did you read it or glance at it. And no they didn’t take the pictures from him because first off the church on there is not the UHOP and the pictures that are drawn...you idiot. You need to pump your brakes. The UHOP is hot mess, the best bunch of best worshiping mess you will ever see. You think you so wise but you are coming off like an individual who really need help. Read your bible and pray for a brain because you darn sure need it.
Partner in Christ

Charlotte, NC

#5048 May 1, 2013
Honey go back and read the report. Clearly, you missed the case and point. SMH.
SMH---Literally wrote:
<quoted text>
All the way black, but I use proper English. Don’t think that because you’re BLACK that you are suppose to sound stupid. If you go back and read the author was asked did you enjoy yourself he said yes I did. Nothing about the music...did you read it or glance at it. And no they didn’t take the pictures from him because first off the church on there is not the UHOP and the pictures that are drawn...you idiot. You need to pump your brakes. The UHOP is hot mess, the best bunch of best worshiping mess you will ever see. You think you so wise but you are coming off like an individual who really need help. Read your bible and pray for a brain because you darn sure need it.
prince rod

United States

#5049 May 1, 2013
Psalm 46:8 Come and see what the LORD has done, the desolations he has brought on the earth.

Psalm 74:3 Turn your steps toward these everlasting

destruction the enemy has brought on the sanctuary.

Isaiah 49:8 This is what the LORD says: "In the time of my favor I will answer you,

salvation I will help you; I will keep

will

and

you

covenant for the people, to restore the land and

desolate inheritances,

Isaiah 52:9 Burst into songs of joy together, you ruins of Jerusalem, for the LORD

he

people,

Jerusalem.

Isaiah 58:12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer

Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

Ezekiel 36:33

Sovereign LORD says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt.

Amos 9:14 and I will bring my people Israel back from exile. "They will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine;

gardens and eat their fruit.

Zechariah 1:17 "Proclaim further: This is what the LORD Almighty says:'My towns will again overflow with prosperity, and the LORD will again comfort Zion

Jerusalem.'"
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5050 May 1, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, your point of trying to say we worship a man, that’s all you see. Mr. Peak seemed to enjoy himself, as he stated. The bottom line is you don’t like how the UHOP does service and feels that we are crazy because you want to say we worship a man because we use "Daddy" in the songs. If you feel this way then, turn the other cheek and do what you do and leave the UHOP alone. To the UHOP people, we know what Daddy means and that’s the power above, not a man walking around here on earth. We are grateful to the servant, Bishop "Daddy" Bailey for being the chosen one to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. My question to you is why you belittle people who want to do nothing but worship the lord. Is it that you want them to follow whatever you do? What is all of your denominations may I ask. Let’s see how many will answer this.
I have to ask, do you understand what this man conveyed in this article? It can be depicted in two different ways. I believe Cultastic pointed out some. This is not about leaving the UHOP, its more about what needs to be fixed; the foundation of the UHOP was not becoming of Holiness nor does it fall in line with the Bible. Here’s some quotes to consider that many are troubled about.

NOte: If you know what's right, good, holy, read your bible, a follower of Christ, possess logic, possess common sense, a good citizen, kind, loving, know God.....then you will be worried and concerned about many statements within this article (both members and non members). Especially members because you just know!!!

1. There was no sermon, only music and a collection.
2. My first service at the House of Prayer had been a perfect expression of the conversion I wanted: all spirit and music with no minister to indoctrinate me.
3. Music was a key attraction at the new church and often prompted people into ecstasy with more ease and power than the words of any preacher.
4. But in Seversville, N.C., a man drowned during a mass baptism. Grace recounted that he twice tried to save the man but was unable to pull him from the water. After Grace abandoned the body and swam to shore,…….I realized I was the only white male amidst the dark-skinned audience.
5. He turned to Jesus’ words in the Gospel of John,“If ye love me, keep my commands, and I will pray to the Father and He shall give you another comforter that he may abide with you forever.” The assembly cheered, knowing the great comforter stood before them.

6. Those who did not have the Spirit in them pushed towards the center aisle to give Daddy a dollar bill as he processed out, hoping they could buy a blessing.

7. The bishop touted his family name as a fulfillment of biblical prophecies, taking each mention of “grace,” such as “For it is by grace you have been saved” in Ephesians 2:8, as a reference to himself. These teachings toed the line between Grace as a holy man and as God himself.“Grace has given God a vacation, and since God is on vacation, don’t worry Him,” Arthur Huff Fauset quoted …….
8.…Madison, McCullough, and Bailey, who each assumed the dual titles of Bishop and Daddy when his predecessor died. Each was elected by church elders, a strange notion considering the near-divinity each later preached.
9. The preacher ……….God has provided all of the help that we need in Precious Daddy Bailey.”
10. The Convocation drew to a close with a song,“Dad is my everything.” Everyone clapped as Bailey wagged his finger at us.“He’s my joy in sorrow, he’s my hope for tomorrow. He’s my shelter in the time of storm. Dad is, Dad is my everything.”

11. Only one person I met in Charlotte had ever had a conversation with him.
12. All the while, the prophet smiles at his worldly paradise, and profits.
SMH---Literally

Germantown, MD

#5051 May 1, 2013
“You enjoyed the service?” he asked me. I told him I had.“Well, come back and see us tomorrow for the baptism,” he said.

I can read very clearly. It says nothing about did you enjoy the band. You guys are pitiful and have nothing to do but try to find dirt on the UHOP. Go get a life. I don’t even know why I bother. Cultastic don’t say I read anything wrong. You are always trying to switch things so you can come out on top.

Partner in Christ...Yea you right, I’m mad that I have to deal with you on here. Stop trying to be Honey Boo Boo. Stop telling me you’re not reading you bible, it shows so I already knew that. Asking me if I was Black because you talking Ebonics, just because you black means to educate yourself and leave the stupid stuff behind because we are already labeled of being stupid and you making worse being proud of using Ebonics because you Black. Ebonics is a distinctive dialect of English spoken by many African Americans, which is greatly misunderstood. Don’t own it, better yourself. But watch you come back with something else embarrassing.

I have no idea why have lasted this long. You’re not getting through and neither has I or other UHOP members gotten through to any of you. So it goes on and on...no end but I’m DONE! The only way I would come back after this is to put some of you in your place f needed, and I have a feeling I will have to. No more discussing UHOP with people like you.

Cultastic I hope you find it in your heart to forgive. A faithful once UHOP member. My family is blessed...SMH
Partner in Christ

Charlotte, NC

#5052 May 1, 2013
Is that all you had to come back with??? Greatly misunderstood huh, you understood boujee girl. Bye for now!
SMH---Literally wrote:
“You enjoyed the service?” he asked me. I told him I had.“Well, come back and see us tomorrow for the baptism,” he said.
I can read very clearly. It says nothing about did you enjoy the band. You guys are pitiful and have nothing to do but try to find dirt on the UHOP. Go get a life. I don’t even know why I bother. Cultastic don’t say I read anything wrong. You are always trying to switch things so you can come out on top.
Partner in Christ...Yea you right, I’m mad that I have to deal with you on here. Stop trying to be Honey Boo Boo. Stop telling me you’re not reading you bible, it shows so I already knew that. Asking me if I was Black because you talking Ebonics, just because you black means to educate yourself and leave the stupid stuff behind because we are already labeled of being stupid and you making worse being proud of using Ebonics because you Black. Ebonics is a distinctive dialect of English spoken by many African Americans, which is greatly misunderstood. Don’t own it, better yourself. But watch you come back with something else embarrassing.
I have no idea why have lasted this long. You’re not getting through and neither has I or other UHOP members gotten through to any of you. So it goes on and on...no end but I’m DONE! The only way I would come back after this is to put some of you in your place f needed, and I have a feeling I will have to. No more discussing UHOP with people like you.
Cultastic I hope you find it in your heart to forgive. A faithful once UHOP member. My family is blessed...SMH
Smh for real

Concord, NC

#5053 May 1, 2013
What's up with the indictments on Cunningham, Wright, Dee and Dr. Bailey??? Anyone? Medicare Fraud... Sup wit dat
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5054 May 1, 2013
Cultastic

PBS has done a lot of Documental on every Cult in the USA. They better pray this article don’t trigger an investigation on their unethical practices. Wonder what he would write if he had the chance to interview some of us.
Puzzled

Temple Hills, MD

#5055 May 1, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
“...no end but I’m DONE!
You mean you're "DONE" Again?????? I think this is about the 3rd Time.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5056 May 2, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
Cultastic
PBS has done a lot of Documental on every Cult in the USA. They better pray this article don’t trigger an investigation on their unethical practices. Wonder what he would write if he had the chance to interview some of us.
Gee-Tee I was thinking the very same thing after i read the article. What's done in the dark WILL come to light! They know they are doing wrong that is why they didn't want him taking pics. They probably thought he was an FBI spy!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5057 May 2, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:

Cultastic don’t say I read anything wrong. You are always trying to switch things so you can come out on top.

So it's about word play I see; more irony considering your UHOP ecclesia are the kings of scripture word play . I don't switch anything my dear sister. The problem is that you can't "swith" the truth about the UHOP so that your organization comes out on top.

You asked me a question about my "denomination" and I answered you directly. When I asked for your opinion about the article you got defensive assuming that I was trying to attack the UHOP and it's leadership. I posted it for my UHOP sisters and brothers to get an objective look at what a visitor sees and experiences. I had no hidden agenda but of course you're conditioned to believe ex-members are up to "something." I'm not a spiritual boogie man. If your allegation is that I say things to challenge what my UHOP sisters believe to be true then I'm guilty as charged. Otherwise there's no motive to seek you or your UHOP's demise as your Bishop(s) have claimed since the founder.

I felt that the brother was sincere and very objective. You selectively ignored the points that he made that you didn't like about the UHOP but you made sure to quote the fact that he had a good time. For that matter I'm sure I could enjoy certain parts of a UHOP service. However, when the music stops we're still left with the truth.

Find it in my heart to forgive whom and for what? Again another implication that something bad happened to me that made me leave the UHOP. Let's clear something up. I've only seen Bishop Bailey in his capacity as Bishop roughly four or five times. Anything negative I know about him has come from your faithful UHOP sisters and brothers that shout beside you nightly. Everything else about him that I know that I find offensive have nothing to do with the UHOP or religion at all. None of which I've discussed on this site because it has nothing to do with the subject matter.

Funny you pray I learn to forgive while your great holy leader does not forgive those who question here's authority. He in fact wants you to take issue with anyone who he "thinks" doesn't like him. It's like the punk kid on the basketball court who threatens to take his ball if he doesn't get picked.
organized religion

Philadelphia, PA

#5058 May 2, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
They know they are doing wrong that is why they didn't want him taking pics. They probably thought he was an FBI spy!
The irony of it is, I believe the FEDS have been in the HOP for a while now. The leaders are so ignorant they believe they would be able to identify them. The one they would never expect is probably the one undercover.

The problem with the HOP is the current leaders have allowed greed, power and false sense of security to over run cautionary thinking. My guess is Bailey and crew feel they have easily fooled most of the members, it wouldn’t be a problem to fool others in the same way.

For instance Bailey can tell members he purchased the 1st Maybach or the church did. He can also say he paid for his home to be built or the church paid for it, etc… This wouldn’t send a red flag to the average member. But to anyone who knows a little bit about Non-profit organizations it would bring about questions. Personally items are not supposed to be bought with organization money, I would believe Bailey’s new home and 1st Maybach would be in the churches name to avoid paying taxes, but then he would follow in The Lady’s footsteps and transfer property out of the HOP’s name and into his. If he paid for the items out of his personal funds, do you really believe Bailey is accurately reporting the love gifts and personal gifts as income to the IRS? I doubt it, which would then raise the flag of how is he able to afford his lifestyle if the reported intake (if reported) does not match the output.

Excessive greed will eventually bring the HOP to its knees.

Something is going on in the HOP, don’t exactly know what it is or what to believe, but I have a family member who is extremely close to the bishop. They reached out to me a few days ago after not speaking to me for almost 10yrs. Could it be they have seen the light, doubt it. Just a few months ago they went off on another family member because a member of their family had begun fellowshipping with another church and suggested the family member should disown the member who strayed.

Here’s my disclosure…. If there is an issue they are now hiding out from ( another tell) I don’t have one red cent to donate to anyone’s legal fund, they better do like Erica and Call Tyrone or in this case start calling on “Daddy their rock!!!”
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5059 May 2, 2013
@organized religion I couldn't agree with you more on this statement!

Excessive greed will eventually bring the HOP to its knees.

The bible tells me so!!!
Smh for real

Dunlap, TN

#5060 May 2, 2013
What's the deal with the indictments on Bailey, Dee the puppet master, Cunningham and TWright? Medicaid Fraud!!! And ppl still wanna be Dumb and ignorant to the fact that this is Their Man of God... Dollar Struck
jeff

Baltimore, MD

#5061 May 2, 2013
I must say that ,that was the first time i've heard a minister from UHOP actually talk with sense!!...Please...dont flatter yourself,you all still have some very,very.f####d up ways!!
saved

United States

#5062 May 3, 2013
Good morning
Married n2 UHOP

United States

#5063 May 5, 2013
I have been reading the comments on this blog. I'm not surprise about the comments regarding the FBI. Upon my arrival I notice that the members didn't receive a financial statement and they have too many hands in the pot and no accountability.
Poochie

Bronx, NY

#5064 May 5, 2013
The house of prayer is RIGHT!!!!!!
prince rod

Lawrenceville, GA

#5065 May 5, 2013
When it comes down to leadership you have to carry the weight of so much jealously hate and envy from non followers and your followers some will turn there backs on you in hate those that don't like you drag your name and organization through the mud black people the reason why we don't have nothing in this world cause we rather follow the devil in leave Christ way behind in that's sad some want just get it they rather sit around.in talk about other black folks just cause we don't sing how you want us too just cause we don't preach how you want us too just cause we don't shout how you want us too yall thoughts are not our thoughts and yall ways are not our ways people want understand that's why my pastor today said we as children of the house of prayer we need to start bringing our hammer with us in start tearing down Satan kingdoms that he building all over the world see god don't change in that's why we want change our biggest enemy can be our self but as long we got love god is living in each in every one of us daddy Bailey as our leader is carrying the weight of the kingdom on his shoulders as Christ lead the way we are not weak cause we refuse to believe the devil telling us we fool's and a cult but because we have love in god is love we have faith in the almighty god we talk about daddy yeah daddy real but if it has not been for Jesus where would this house of prayer kingdom and gospel be from 1919-2013 going strong with power and love from the almighty god of heaven the house of prayer is heaven on earth believe it or not I feel god every time I enter the kingdom but anyway give a shout out to michael mayhaw from charlotte,nc but a member of Lancaster,sc hop played on the band where his uncle is head pastor at micheal went to college at nc a&t in Greensboro he got drafted to the Washington redskins proud of you bruh wish you good luck on your new start career may god be with you all the way see god will bless you if you keep the faith and give him everything some gone down talk him on this site cause he a house of prayer member cause just like some folks don't like to see a brother of our faith make it no where but get far behind us Satan we gone keep on marching in the name of Jesus as proud house of prayer members
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5066 May 5, 2013
prince rod wrote:
When it comes down to leadership you have to carry the weight of so much jealously hate and envy from non followers and your followers some will turn there backs on you in hate those that don't like you drag your name and organization through the mud black people the reason why we don't have nothing in this world cause we rather follow the devil
Question: Has any of your Bishops ever gone to a Hospitals to pray for the sick. They don’t go to Church every night. So what are they doing with their spare time? Does Puffy or any of your Ministers visit the jails to try and win over souls? You speak of Black people not sticking together; well the jails are full of Black people truly needing someone to stick by them. Your Bands plays on Street corners; why not preach on the corners. Where are the outreach programs that will bring non believer to the only Church (so you say) God is in.
Like the man said in his article about the members praying and hoping Puffy would visit their church. It’s all just a dream.

Puffy goes where the Money is. Puffy has cut the services so short when he does come out; you don’t even know they had service. Once he gets the Money he’s gone. You have a more fulfill service when Puffy not there. If you didn’t have generations after generations of members, your doors would have been closed long ago. No one is doing any thing to capture new members. Puffy only know of his members by the amount of money they give. All others don’t count. And I bet if one of you that have paid for his attention stopped him on the streets, he wouldn’t even know who you are.

Does Puffy know how well you dedicate your time in trying to prove his teachings are right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 3 min Big Al 200
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr pusherman_ 599,314
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... 16 hr tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sun pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 23 QUITTNER Jul 23 2015 5
More from around the web