United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 9601 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Eyes on Christ

United States

#5026 Apr 30, 2013
I don't intend any disrespect by using the word "company". It is called the UHOP, but the organization has no regards for people until some members have inherently adapted to the neglect, deprivation, and abuse.....they dont feel it but give them a taste of true worship, real Bible knowledge, another church who is concerned about you, or maybe persistently seek God out for answers, that numbness from Spirit and Truth will go away. Bishop Bailey last letter was about serving in spirit and truth...but you have to teach the members what that truly mean. Right? There's nothing misleading about the true word from God. Finding out about "spirit and truth" is like a map to freedom from the Pharasees.
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#5027 Apr 30, 2013
Partner in Christ...Really, are you serious right now. WELL HOW ABOUT YOU FIND OUT! You mean to tell me you let somebody tell you a partial of the information and you didnt get it all, with your NOSEY behind. You want to know then go fetch what you looking for it, Honey, Boo, Boo Child!
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#5028 Apr 30, 2013
To HILARIOUSSSS call me a fool one more time and you really going to see what a fool is. Name calling is not necessary. In Question and HILARIOUSSSS...you donít know so be quiet. If you want the answers go for yourself or are you to scared that something will jump all over you and clean you from the inside out starting with your mouth. Just some evil minded people. THE UHOP DOESNT CARE WHAT YOU THINK, if you havenít noticed yet. BRAG ON I will do!!!!!! Whoís going to stop me! LOL....Funny People!
Jaxx212

Baltimore, MD

#5029 Apr 30, 2013
Brag all the way to your landlord when the rent is due & you dont have it!!!!!.....MORE POWER TO YOU!!!!
Maybe the UHOP will help you out since they gobble up all your salary anyway or let you stay in one of the "houses" that you attend every night for "services".....
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#5030 Apr 30, 2013
Jaxx212 wrote:
Brag all the way to your landlord when the rent is due & you dont have it!!!!!.....MORE POWER TO YOU!!!!
Maybe the UHOP will help you out since they gobble up all your salary anyway or let you stay in one of the "houses" that you attend every night for "services".....
Jaxx212...be careful with your words...My money, rent and where I live is non of your business. My family is taken care of thankyou. I dont know why all of you have to make everything your business.
Partner in Christ

United States

#5031 Apr 30, 2013
SMH Literally, yes I'm serious right now!!! Call me nosey if you like...Lol!!! I bet you one thing boo; I ain't letting my church play me like no fool!!! Honey, you blind cause you want to be blind!!! You got me SMH LITERALLY!!!
SMH---Literally wrote:
Partner in Christ...Really, are you serious right now. WELL HOW ABOUT YOU FIND OUT! You mean to tell me you let somebody tell you a partial of the information and you didnt get it all, with your NOSEY behind. You want to know then go fetch what you looking for it, Honey, Boo, Boo Child!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5033 Apr 30, 2013
@UHOP Pastors/elders/ministers,

If you love the Lord dearly, serve as His mouth piece, and cared so much about the wellbeing of your members.....please answer the following:

1. Why not teach the members what God said per the scriptures?

2. Why in your sermon, do you just throw out a scripture and not wait for the members to find the scripture in the bible themselves before your sermon?

3. Why not teach the sermon for all to hear and follow you instead of singing the sermon leaving the members still confused about what you preached about?

4. Why not have a bible study other than Sunday School? Is one and half our a week all the God you need? 2 Timothy 2:15 states study yourself approved, but you only choose to study about one hour and half a week. The rest of the week you focus your worship in money with a tease of a sermon that, again, can't be understood because your singing the words.

5. Why do you ask the members to sing during your prayers, are you really praying? We can hear you over the singing voices. Isn't prayer suppose to be about communication? How would you feel if someone was trying to talk to you and another chooses to sing during the conversation? Would'nt you think it's rude? If you don't want anybody singing while your talking/listening....why do it when someone is praying (communicating) with God? Also, don't you know that your prayer can be the teaching tool for other members on how to pray?

6. Why not switch your order of praise around. Clap your hands for Bishop, then Jesus, and thenget jiggy with GOD!!!! Let the role shout off of that!! Isn't GOD the BEST! Can you get moved by the name of God...Jehovah/Yahweh more than the name of Daddy. Try it!

7. Does everybody gotta know who gave and who didn't? Isn't giving a free will thing. Do you know most churches provide large containers for giving just to keep the people's business private. It can minimize embarrassment and pressures? Why do you have to write my name down on a piece of paper for everything I give....why does it have to be a report but get uneasy when I ask for the same from you? I wanna know what the HOP report is since you have to know mine.

Your honest efforts to address these are appreciated.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5034 Apr 30, 2013
5........ We CAN'T hear you over the singing voices. Isn't prayer suppose to be about communication?.......
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5035 Apr 30, 2013
@SMH--Literally and brothers @prince rod(s) 1 and 2 please read this article objectively. I'm interested in hearing your opinion regarding this testimony.

http://yaledailynews.com/magazine/2013/04/14/...
Organized Religion

Philadelphia, PA

#5036 Apr 30, 2013
Partner on Christ wrote:
SMH Literally- you are so disrespectful towards Gee Tee. You do have anger in your voice. Don't get mad because she's telling the truth! Truth hurts. The UHOP is a lie!
Now, tell us the 411 since you know so much. The word is Buffalo has a bench warrant out for his arrest and the computers from Porter Drive were seized along with Tank Head Wright here in Charlotte computers. Yes ma'am your HOP is about to crumble.
(((( Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall- Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King soldiers all the kings men didn't see Humpty Dumpty again.))))
Now, shouldn't you be back at 5 o'clock service???
Partner in Christ..... I've heard the ramblings also. Like someone else said, this information is being put out by members. I've heart the same story from three different CURRENT/ACTIVE members.
Time will tell. If it is true, maybe that 2nd Maybach set things into motion.
No other name but jesus

United States

#5037 Apr 30, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
@SMH--Literally and brothers @prince rod(s) 1 and 2 please read this article objectively. I'm interested in hearing your opinion regarding this testimony.
OMG!! Unbelievable, my god, my god! Lord help these lost ppl in Jesus Name!
I Just Want To Live Right

Hampton, VA

#5038 May 1, 2013
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

John 8:42-47
King James Version (KJV)

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
----------
My Words: I was lead to read this ^ in my study and research of what is truth and what is right. Open your Bibles and READ. GOD's People parish due to lack of knowledge.

There is a saying... If you ever want to hide something from a Black Man... Put It In A BOOK. Loved Ones... Open Your Eyes !!!
Partner in Christ

Charlotte, NC

#5039 May 1, 2013
Thanks Organized Witness.
SMH Literally you can't tell me you haven't heard about the drama or even inquired about it by now. You just don't want the truth exposed. Well, the cat is out the bag boo. Girl, I know how bad the HOP folks gossip, so you know what's going on! Ha! Where you at?!
Organized Religion wrote:
<quoted text>
Partner in Christ..... I've heard the ramblings also. Like someone else said, this information is being put out by members. I've heart the same story from three different CURRENT/ACTIVE members.
Time will tell. If it is true, maybe that 2nd Maybach set things into motion.
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#5040 May 1, 2013
Partner in Christ...Really, I dont know. How many times do I have to tell you. I go to the UHOP to worship not to gossip. If I knew I would say I have knowledge of this but still wouldn't provide YOU with the information. Stop trying to make me know whas going on. You are one annoying individual. Where are you, is that what you are trying to ask me. Please fix your question so one can better understand.
I Just Want To Live Right

Hampton, VA

#5041 May 1, 2013
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Isaiah 2:22
New International Version (NIV)

22 Stop trusting in mere humans,
who have but a breath in their nostrils.
Why hold them in esteem?
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#5042 May 1, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
And again, your point of trying to say we worship a man, thatís all you see. Mr. Peak seemed to enjoy himself, as he stated. The bottom line is you donít like how the UHOP does service and feels that we are crazy because you want to say we worship a man because we use "Daddy" in the songs. If you feel this way then, turn the other cheek and do what you do and leave the UHOP alone. To the UHOP people, we know what Daddy means and thatís the power above, not a man walking around here on earth. We are grateful to the servant, Bishop "Daddy" Bailey for being the chosen one to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. My question to you is why you belittle people who want to do nothing but worship the lord. Is it that you want them to follow whatever you do? What is all of your denominations may I ask. Letís see how many will answer this.
Partner in Christ

Charlotte, NC

#5043 May 1, 2013
SMH Literally, stop trying to be all proper. I wrote what I meant to write. You knew what I meant didn't you?! You're black; you know ebonics!

Just like a typical brainless HOPrayian thinking Cultastic trying to say you all worship a man...in which you do...ignoring the whole report. The man basically said he enjoyed the music. All the rest didn't make sense to him!!! Did you take the time to read it??? Guards scared about him taking pictures. What's up with that? Lol. They didn't even have the right to make him delete the pics. Fake God= Bailey. Fake guards= Cadets. Honey, the HOP is a hot mess right now!
SMH---Literally wrote:
Partner in Christ...Really, I dont know. How many times do I have to tell you. I go to the UHOP to worship not to gossip. If I knew I would say I have knowledge of this but still wouldn't provide YOU with the information. Stop trying to make me know whas going on. You are one annoying individual. Where are you, is that what you are trying to ask me. Please fix your question so one can better understand.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5044 May 1, 2013
"Then Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said,'Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen...'" (Acts 13:16)
AudioEvangelism.com Main Page
Truth is Narrow

Yesterday, we contrasted mathematics and religion. In math, there is often more than one way to solve a problem. In religion, there is only one way to solve mankind's problem with sin. We considered a couple passages that show the exclusive nature of salvation through Jesus Christ and Him alone.
Today, I want to pursue this subject further by noting that truth is narrow. We've already seen such to be the case regarding salvation. Let's consider Matthew 7:13,14 to emphasize the point further. Jesus said therein - "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Jesus contrasts two gates: wide and narrow. He contrasts two ways: broad and difficult. He contrasts two destinations: destruction and life. He contrasts two groups of people: many and few. Jesus vividly states that the way to eternal life is narrow and difficult. The path is not easy, and consequently, relatively few will find it (and remain on it until the end). He depicts the way to eternal destruction in just the opposite fashion. Getting to that destination is simple, and tragically, that is why many will make it.
Truth in religion is narrow, and many are bothered by that fact. Many prefer a message that is not so exclusive or absolute or demanding, but that's not the kind of message Jesus preached. It should be noted, however, that those who are offended by the narrowness of truth in religion demand narrowness in other areas. For instance, if one takes offense to the truth that he can only get to heaven through submission to the Christ, is he also offended when I affirm that 2 plus 2 only equals 4? I doubt that such would offend anyone. People are close-minded when it comes to simple addition, and rightfully so. There is only one correct answer, but there are an infinite number of incorrect (or false) answers. 2 + 2 = 4; it does not equal 3, 5, 10, 1,000,000, etc. It only equals 4, period. Truth is narrow. We expect it in the secular realm. Shouldn't we expect it in religion too?
Let's carry the analogy further. If someone wants to believe that 2 + 2 = 3, then they are free to believe such, but they are wrong. It doesn't matter if they believe with all their heart that 2 + 2 = 3. They're still wrong. It doesn't matter if they were raised believing that 2 + 2 = 3. It doesn't matter if a math teacher taught them that 2 + 2 = 3. It's simply not true, and it never will be. Likewise, if someone believes they can be saved without Jesus, they are free to believe such, but they are wrong. It doesn't matter if they believe with all their heart that they can be saved without Jesus. They're still wrong. It doesn't matter if they were raised believing they could be saved without Jesus. It doesn't matter if a religious leader taught them they can be saved without Jesus. It's simply not true, and it never will be because the Bible says otherwise (as we saw yesterday in John 14:6 and Acts 4:12).
Friends, truth is narrow, and not just in religion. There are many different religions one could practice, but Christianity is the only true religion. There are many different denominations or churches one could attend, but Jesus is the founder and foundation of only one true church (cf. Matt. 16:18; I Cor. 3:11). Dear listeners, truth is objective, and the Bible is to be our guide (not man-made religions, denominations, or traditions). God wants you to be saved (II Pet. 3:9). He wants you to be on the narrow path that leads to life. He wants you to believe and obey the truth of His word.
AudioEvangelism.com Main Page
Copyright © 2005 by Audio Evangelism
Please abide by our Usage Guidelines.
This page was last updated: 8:38 PM 3/6/2005
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5045 May 1, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, your point of trying to say we worship a man, thatís all you see.

Is it that you want them to follow whatever you do? What is all of your denominations may I ask. Letís see how many will answer this.
My dear sister I'm a little disappointed in this response. I didn't post this article to "prove" that the UHOP serves a man. I've been open about my experiences with the Daddy phenomena as well as my opinions on whether or not you worship a man. This article had nothing to do with that. I've often commented that you're already reading or participating in discussions about the UHOP with a defensive holy chip on your shoulders.

Go back and re-read the article and relate to the brother about how he felt rejected when he merely took a picture of the bands and was questioned and detained by the holy UHOP guards. He was admiring the very music that gave him a GODLY feeling and attracted him to the UHOP (refer to my earlier post about the bands being the bread and butter that you ignored). Subsequently, he had to experience rejection because of the UHOP's stupid defense about whether not he was spying on Daddy's money. First of all the only reason the guards have to defend that foolishness is because they know it's some shady crap going on. This is a church he's a Bishop or "servant" not a mob boss. The brother traveled all the way to meet with Brother Bishop and seek better understanding and was all but ignored by "Daddy". Yet you think of him as a servant in your own delusional UHOP world.

Let me correct you. Daddy Bailey is NOT a servant. Jesus washed the disciples feet. Bishop Bailey won't even pray for you if you're not a member or if you don't have an acceptable G-Class record. However, you want to ignore this fact because you are "grateful" for him.

I'll say it again I don't believe in any denomination, organized church, or sect today. I don't want anybody to follow what I do. In contrast I encourage people to at least question those who claim to be "sent" to lead. I encourage people to seek a relationship with the Creator outside of uniforms, music, money, and the ever elusive "Daddy". Daddy constantly instructs you to stay away from people like me (whatever that means), yet you accuse me of belittling your beliefs. Sister if you can't see the irony in the aforementioned you're either purposely covering your eyes or absolutely brainwashed.

AGAPE
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#5046 May 1, 2013
Partner in Christ wrote:
SMH Literally, stop trying to be all proper. I wrote what I meant to write. You knew what I meant didn't you?! You're black; you know ebonics!
Just like a typical brainless HOPrayian thinking Cultastic trying to say you all worship a man...in which you do...ignoring the whole report. The man basically said he enjoyed the music. All the rest didn't make sense to him!!! Did you take the time to read it??? Guards scared about him taking pictures. What's up with that? Lol. They didn't even have the right to make him delete the pics. Fake God= Bailey. Fake guards= Cadets. Honey, the HOP is a hot mess right now!
<quoted text>
All the way black, but I use proper English. Donít think that because youíre BLACK that you are suppose to sound stupid. If you go back and read the author was asked did you enjoy yourself he said yes I did. Nothing about the music...did you read it or glance at it. And no they didnít take the pictures from him because first off the church on there is not the UHOP and the pictures that are drawn...you idiot. You need to pump your brakes. The UHOP is hot mess, the best bunch of best worshiping mess you will ever see. You think you so wise but you are coming off like an individual who really need help. Read your bible and pray for a brain because you darn sure need it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 599,403
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 2 hr Paul Porter1 213
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Mon tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 23 QUITTNER Jul 23 2015 5
More from around the web