United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 9395 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

No other name but jesus

Marietta, GA

#5004 Apr 28, 2013
Question! Why in uhop is it on to leave your wife an still stay married to her yet live with another woman start an new family with her for past 20yrs but attend hop every Sun with you legal wife an play in the band acting like they are together an we the community know they're not! Then he leaves church an goes home to his mistress of 20 yes! How can uhop even allow him to play in band he need to be on the alter calling Jesus an sat down. Don't ppl know playing music is a ministry an they are required to live a godly life like any other minister or person claiming to have God.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5005 Apr 28, 2013
This article appeared in one of my News Paper April 1998; you can also find it on line at http://www.oocities.org/markmorto/crazy.html

– Politics and Religion – Cherry Hill, New Jersey –The "United House of Prayer for All People of the Church on the Rock of the Apostlistic Faith" has plans for a new mission house in Cherry Hill, NJ. The proposed house is a 40 room, 9,514 Sq. ft., 6 bathroom (one is 20 x 40 feet) 2 million dollar mansion that CEO and Bishop S.C. Madison from Washington, DC needs for a retirement home for his weary bones. The Bishop holds in his name thousands of properties from rural counties in Florida to city streets in Los Angeles. He may only visit this home twice a year.

There are ten "United House of Prayer for All People of the Church on the Rock of the Apostlistic Faith" churches in Philadelphia, and two in South Jersey. Bishop S.C. Madison's average stay in the New Jersey area is usually 3 days annually, in a $130,000 home in Cherry Hill. The new $2 million home is the 4th largest in Cherry Hill. Servants will maintain the home in their absence.

The property the new house will reside on was originally purchased by a widow for $193,000. The Bishop's contracting company purchased the plot for $65,000. Any church that can spend millions to build and maintain a house and staff it with servants to maintain it while it stands empty nearly most of the year, but finds it necessary to haggle an old widow down to one-third of the property's worth, is in my opinion a church whose concept of "Christian Charity" is severely warped. Why can't the Bishop stay in an expensive hotel? Why not give the woman a fair price? Money, that's why. The church turned a $128,000 profit a good example of modern-day "big business" religion.

Editor's note: It’s funny how a non-profit organization and religious leader can also be CEO and property owner and have so much money that this is all possible. I wonder what the average income of the "United House of Prayer for All People of the Church on the Rock of the Apostlistic Faith" members is.

This is truly an abuse of Power with Money and the UHOP members see nothing wrong with the UHOP evicting members.
Daddys Good All the Time

Washington, DC

#5006 Apr 28, 2013
Gee Tee you are soon to be exposed. LOL...And when when you are OH BOY!. And yes NY's Finest (NYPD) still have you on their investigative list concerning the FRAUDULENT Day Care activities you are apart of.
SMH---Literally

Germantown, MD

#5007 Apr 28, 2013
Partner on Christ, Partner in Christ (whatever your name is, please make your mind up)... so it was right for Gee-Tee to disrespect me. I’m on here just like she is defending what I believe. She doesn’t know me nor do I know her, so for her to call me a child for calling her out is not ok. Stop finger pointing just because you really wanted something to say and you really wanted to put that gossip out some kind of way. And for your little 411 info, I have no knowledge of your accusation. Why don’t you ask whom ever told you this garbage to enlighten you. I go for service and leave. I don’t have time to chit chat and gossip. Why do you care anyway, Mr. or Mrs. save a sister? Gee-Tee could have commented herself if she felt some type way. Oh, by the way "5'oclock" service starts at 5 and not 3. Check your time frame sweetie and for your info I certainly was there. And if there was a case of disturbing the peace I’m pretty sure the cops would have been called but none of that was done so guess what, I’m flattering on. You are so wrapped up in what the UHOP is doing. Probably one of the hottest topics on this site I bet that is filled with negative people with nothing but hatred in your hearts and you are always speaking of God, Jesus and the Bible. That’s why I speak my piece and SMH at some of you who really need help.
Daddys Good All the Time

Washington, DC

#5008 Apr 28, 2013
KUDOS to you SMH---Literally.
Jaxx212

New York, NY

#5009 Apr 28, 2013
Question....the bishop's daughter was named an attorney for the UHOP right????
Was it because she never won cases on the outside and was let go by every firm that hired her????....or was it because she now really doesnt have to work and can still earn the salary of a REAL LAWYER WITHOUT HAVING TO WORK????
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5010 Apr 28, 2013
Daddys Good All the Time wrote:
Gee Tee you are soon to be exposed. LOL...And when when you are OH BOY!. And yes NY's Finest (NYPD) still have you on their investigative list concerning the FRAUDULENT Day Care activities you are apart of.
EXPOSE how stupid you sound, do you really think I care. My job is to expose Puffy and the UHOP. I don’t know who you think I am and I really don’t care. I have told you many times I am retired. One thing for sure my retirement days will not be spent with a day care.
However, you are truly a die hard UHOP member, you all drive on bringing each other down. Your joy comes from seeing each other fall, that is everyone but these so call false Prophets. What a shame, you take your frustration out on each other.
So when you expose me, are going to put me out of the UHOP. News Flash, I left already.
Im free

Glenside, PA

#5011 Apr 28, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
What makes me feel good righ
And might I add, my neighbors are all looking out their windows (non members) and enjoying as they sway from side to side with the beat. If there is something negative about this, it is clearly something wrong and I would conclude some of you are not children of God.
I Wonder do the neighbors know that those young men are trained to lift up a cult..... hmmmm
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5012 Apr 29, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
What makes me feel good right now is that, a junior band is in my court yard at this very moment playing for the sick and shut-in. This is what the UHOP does for people. They bring joy to peoples lives and make you feel loved. Young boys are playing a joyful noise to someone who is not quite able come hear for themselves. These are young boys. Young black boys might I add which are an epidemic, but they have a mind and heart to do want to do this. And might I add, my neighbors are all looking out their windows (non members) and enjoying as they sway from side to side with the beat. If there is something negative about this, it is clearly something wrong and I would conclude some of you are not children of God.
This is a subject that hits very close to home for me. I was one of those young men. I believe they are sincere when they are ministering through their instruments. One thing that I can promise that you didn't consider while listening to that sweet music was how many of those young men go on to pursue education beyond high school? Whether you agree or not they are the bread and butter of the UHOP; second only to the money. It is extremely evident that UHOPs that don't have a band have the smallest memberships and struggle to keep afloat. For everything positive regarding being a band musician I can give you several negatives. My issue is that I personally feel that the leadership and clergy of the UHOP exploit the time, monies, and talents of those young men. I can assure you that the average UHOP preacher/minister does not study the word of GOD half as much as the band musicians spend perfecting their craft.

From the inside most of the members can't see some of the collateral damage done to families when father is absent almost 5 nights a week if not more fulfilling his band obligations. It's never ending especially for the bands with more notoriety that have to travel a lot on weekends. They can't be paid while in contrast ministers can receive an offering. Shouldn't the ministers be volunteering and just doing it for GOD if what they say is true? I'm quite sure I was taught that my talent as a musician was given from GOD and since it didn't belong to me I couldn't sell it or be compensated for it. Of all of the hundreds of thousands of brass players and musicians in the UHOP past, present, and future how many go on to become professional musicians? I'll give you a simple answer for why they are not "allowed" to spread the ministry through their instruments to all nations. Without the bands the Bishop and the clergy don't eat. They would have to get up and actually go to work.

BTW I hate the term band boy. Boys act like boys and men act like men. No offense to you @SMH--Literally but there's a darker side to that beautiful music that you'll never be able to relate to. There is literally a high price paid by those musicians to allow you to "feel good" listening to the band. However, I commend the young men for "serving" through worship in that capacity yesterday.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5013 Apr 29, 2013
Good Morning All…..

I was reading over the posts from yesterday; very interesting posts.@SMH—Literally to be clear the rumors that were discussed by @Partner in Christ were started by a UHOP member or insider; not any of the expatriates. While I live in the community I wouldn't have any knowledge of things like that unless I was contacted by a concerned member. Also, to be quite honest it’s been evident for quite some time that the UHOP has some very shady (I say illegal) financial practices. I'm not surprised at the rumors true or not. However, I would encourage members to be just a little more vigilant about questioning the financial practices of the UHOP. It’s a far shot but it’s my opinion that the church should issue a public statement to it's members regarding the allegations. Silence gives consent in many instances.

GOD blessed you with resources and if your leaders are squandering those resources, using them to break the law, and or using the resources for immoral practices you should have a say so in the matter as a member. I don’t wish jail on my worse enemy. Prisons and wars are big business in America and both have done enough damage to our black communities.

AGAPE
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5014 Apr 29, 2013
I’m reluctant to say “welcome” to @Daddys Good All The Time. He/she came out swinging. Moving forward it befuddles me that most times UHOP members ignore posts with credible information regarding faulty teachings and shady financial business dealings on the part of the church leadership. In contrast they go on these “mind your business” rants all the while claiming to be “defending” what they believe.

I’m completely at a lost as to why it is of no concern of the members how the organization that you love dearly represents you in your respective communities. You’re not defending and or protecting anything you believe in. You’re ignoring the obvious so that you can retain your emotional and spiritual highs and comforts associated with worship that you've known since birth. Members are emotionally unable to even conceive that ANY of the Daddy(s) are guilty of anything other than carrying A "Christ" spirit. You've convinced yourselves that GOD would never allow such a thing to happen since it has been drilled in your head that the UHOP is his church according to scripture and that the man in the seat was selected by GOD.

Should we blame the people for the declining membership? Has everyone just gotten weak and lost sight of GOD? The only entity that we are not questioning is the organization and leadership and it’s role in the spiritual genocide happening in the UHOP right now. Why are we just turning a blind eye and not getting to the true heart of the problem?

I’ve been accused of leading the crusade of folks who hate Bishop Bailey. I've stated many times on this site that he is not my primary focus. Albeit under suspicious circumstances as we all know, he merely inherited the sinking UHOP ship and it's doctrinal woes.

In order to better understand what's happening you have to go to the foundation. In lieu of this fact I recently posted several direct quotes from Bishop Grace to show exactly how he manipulated his audience. I will venture to say that the members who did read the quotes ignored the content of what Bishop Grace said and merely focused on the fact that I posted it. It is totally acceptable to you that he blatantly manipulated your fore fathers yet you find me reprehensible for studying his teachings and theology and repeating my findings. Instead of getting defensive why not merely disprove my findings. Please, correct me if I’m wrong and save me. If you can not disprove me then I vehemently challenge you to take a long hard look at what you claim to KNOW that you believe.
I Just Want To Live Right

Hampton, VA

#5015 Apr 29, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
I’m reluctant to say “welcome” to @Daddys Good All The Time. He/she came out swinging. Moving forward it befuddles me that most times UHOP members ignore posts with credible information regarding faulty teachings and shady financial business dealings on the part of the church leadership. In contrast they go on these “mind your business” rants all the while claiming to be “defending” what they believe.
I’m completely at a lost as to why it is of no concern of the members how the organization that you love dearly represents you in your respective communities. You’re not defending and or protecting anything you believe in. You’re ignoring the obvious so that you can retain your emotional and spiritual highs and comforts associated with worship that you've known since birth. Members are emotionally unable to even conceive that ANY of the Daddy(s) are guilty of anything other than carrying A "Christ" spirit. You've convinced yourselves that GOD would never allow such a thing to happen since it has been drilled in your head that the UHOP is his church according to scripture and that the man in the seat was selected by GOD.
Should we blame the people for the declining membership? Has everyone just gotten weak and lost sight of GOD? The only entity that we are not questioning is the organization and leadership and it’s role in the spiritual genocide happening in the UHOP right now. Why are we just turning a blind eye and not getting to the true heart of the problem?
I’ve been accused of leading the crusade of folks who hate Bishop Bailey. I've stated many times on this site that he is not my primary focus. Albeit under suspicious circumstances as we all know, he merely inherited the sinking UHOP ship and it's doctrinal woes.
In order to better understand what's happening you have to go to the foundation. In lieu of this fact I recently posted several direct quotes from Bishop Grace to show exactly how he manipulated his audience. I will venture to say that the members who did read the quotes ignored the content of what Bishop Grace said and merely focused on the fact that I posted it. It is totally acceptable to you that he blatantly manipulated your fore fathers yet you find me reprehensible for studying his teachings and theology and repeating my findings. Instead of getting defensive why not merely disprove my findings. Please, correct me if I’m wrong and save me. If you can not disprove me then I vehemently challenge you to take a long hard look at what you claim to KNOW that you believe.
I too heard that Portal Drive was raided by the FBI.
Partner in Christ

United States

#5016 Apr 29, 2013
Hey SMH Literally! Honey it is on like a pot of neck bones!!! You telling me, you aren't even concerned about them taking "your Daddy" Buffalo to jail?! The people telling us non-members about what's going on is the members. So honey, you need to wake up!
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#5017 Apr 29, 2013
Partner in Christ wrote:
Hey SMH Literally! Honey it is on like a pot of neck bones!!! You telling me, you aren't even concerned about them taking "your Daddy" Buffalo to jail?! The people telling us non-members about what's going on is the members. So honey, you need to wake up!
Hey...I dont know who's providing you with this stuff, but sorry to say I havent heard. Dont get mad because I dont know your made up Gossip. Stop asking me and go to your source. Even if I did know I sure wouldnt tell you. Get a life please! Oh I forgot your life is the UHOP!!!!
HILARIOUSSSS

Alexandria, VA

#5019 Apr 29, 2013
Lol @ this fool bragging about some band playing in her projects courtyard. Do pastors....I mean "apostles" from UHOP visit the sick and shut in? Do they have church vans to provide transportation for the elderly? Can less fortunate members get a free meal from the kitchen? NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. A band doesn't bring joy, GOD does!!! And the UHOP sure ain't got God in it. Daddy worshipping weirdos.
In Question

Columbia, SC

#5020 Apr 29, 2013
The sad part about playing for the senior citizens is that the House of Prayer only sees that as a worthy service because it is one that doesn't cost them anything.

All the daddies including Clarence Bailey are crooks. They don't sow into the lives of the people who give so much for them to live a lifestyle that regular people won't ever achieve. What is even more sad is that the information is free and available. We are more educated today than we have ever been.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5021 Apr 29, 2013
“Quote: Harlem Renaissance – Daddy Grace died January 12, 1960 in Los Angeles, California. He was buried in Pine Grove Cemetery in New Bedford, Massachusetts. Two nickels are glued to the steps on his tomb, possibly in homage to his Penniless state in 1922 and to the Materialist Foundation of the Church he established. At the time of his death his personal worth was approximately $6 Million.”

In 1960 do you know what the value of 6 Million Dollars was? Grace died with all this money and some of his Ministers didn’t even have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out. You call him a man God sent. He thought of himself only. In 1960 UHOP members were still worshipping him in Store Front Churches; in 1960 he still had a strong group of uneducated dedicated members following him. Not one of his members was worthy of enjoying the fruits of their labor; in 1960 he was still charging you for everything in the UHOP from food to books.

You like to brag about the many Band Boys; well how many horns did the UHOP buy. God didn’t send him the Devil did.
No other name but jesus

Atlanta, GA

#5022 Apr 29, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
“Quote: Harlem Renaissance – Daddy Grace died January 12, 1960 in Los Angeles, California. He was buried in Pine Grove Cemetery in New Bedford, Massachusetts. Two nickels are glued to the steps on his tomb, possibly in homage to his Penniless state in 1922 and to the Materialist Foundation of the Church he established. At the time of his death his personal worth was approximately $6 Million.”
In 1960 do you know what the value of 6 Million Dollars was? Grace died with all this money and some of his Ministers didn’t even have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out. You call him a man God sent. He thought of himself only. In 1960 UHOP members were still worshipping him in Store Front Churches; in 1960 he still had a strong group of uneducated dedicated members following him. Not one of his members was worthy of enjoying the fruits of their labor; in 1960 he was still charging you for everything in the UHOP from food to books.
You like to brag about the many Band Boys; well how many horns did the UHOP buy. God didn’t send him the Devil did.
You mean to tell me the hop doesn't provide instruments for these young men with all the money they take up! Sell some of them chicken wings an help them out!
Partner in Christ

Charlotte, NC

#5023 Apr 29, 2013
Well how about find out!?!Stop ignoring it!!! You are living a lie honey boo boo!
SMH---Literally wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey...I dont know who's providing you with this stuff, but sorry to say I havent heard. Dont get mad because I dont know your made up Gossip. Stop asking me and go to your source. Even if I did know I sure wouldnt tell you. Get a life please! Oh I forgot your life is the UHOP!!!!
Big Tiny

New York, NY

#5024 Apr 29, 2013
Jaxx212 wrote:
Question....the bishop's daughter was named an attorney for the UHOP right????
Was it because she never won cases on the outside and was let go by every firm that hired her????....or was it because she now really doesnt have to work and can still earn the salary of a REAL LAWYER WITHOUT HAVING TO WORK????
Dayyuuum!! Do tell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min catholicwifeandmom 590,182
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 14 hr Rainbow Kid 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Mon QUITTNER May 25 2015 6
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
More from around the web