United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10549 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4944 Apr 24, 2013
SMH---Literaly wrote:
You guys are terrible. Stop twisting the UHOP words around to make yourselves look good. It is up to us to know for ourselves. NOT for you to force what you think on any of us. Mind your BUSINESS!!!
With respect sister I didn't twist any words. Everything I repeated has been taught since I was a child. It actually doesn't make any of us look good to repeat those misleading cliches. Some of the UHOP ministers are trying to go away from repeating those statements because they know it's wrong. However, whenever no one is paying attention they have to slip them in to not go against the regime.

It's ironic that you say that us UHOP expatriates can't force you to "think" like us. In contrast your Daddy FORCES you to think like him with regards to GOD and religion. In one way or another he has his hands in everything you do from the way you dress to who you marry. Before you get upset hear me out. I get it you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. However, the contradiction to that statement is that if you don't obey or heed the Daddy's words and instructions there is an implied punishment from the Creator. Therefore, more often than not you will comply at least in front of your UHOP spiritual siblings out of simple FEAR of the unknown.

Please don't be offended it's just an observation as well as my experience when I was a member. Daddy tells you to stay off of Facebook; do you respond with MIND your BUSINESS? Of course not because your business or lack there of is what allows his business to thrive literally.

AGAPE
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4945 Apr 24, 2013
A most dedicated member wrote:
Hey to all the Unbelievers.......Get a life because GOD DOESN't want you, Neither does CHRIST!!!!! Thank God that He Included ME!!!!
For the love of every perfectly fried chicken wing in the UHOP where is brother @UHOP_Believer when you need him.

These radical UHOP extremist views of MANY members so eloquently expressed by @A most dedicated member, are the ones they want to hide. This is why they don't want sites like this to exist. They profess soooooooo much love. While inwardly if you do not believe in or question their GOD/Daddy this is what you get. I actually respect this brother or sister. He or she said exactly how she felt; no hiding behind this UHOP for "ALL PEOPLE". The truth is that it's for those that they claim "GOD included".
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4946 Apr 24, 2013
Keeping It Real wrote:
Why don't they simply teach the whole Bible instead of relying on 1 enterpretation concerning the Prophet Isaiah?
I have so many of my thoughts about why they don't teach the whole bible. I'll share a few just for the sake of discussion this morning.

If they did teach the entire bible outside of Isaiah 56:7 then practically their entire doctrine would be rendered false.

Calling a man Daddy would be a direct violation of what Jesus commanded.

The tithes would stop coming in.

Brother Bishop and all of his entourage would actually have to live by the standards of the scripture to the letter. Therefore, the maybachs and mansions would likely go away and they'd have to go back to eating 7-11 big bites and McDonalds like us regular folks.

Maybe those at the top don't believe in the bible and/or the same "GOD" that they teach the members. Now this statement is very controversial but some of my intellects will understand what I'm saying; points to references regarding FreeMasonry.
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#4947 Apr 24, 2013
One man leadership wrote:
<quoted text>
What is UHOP words? Shouldn't everything you are taught be the same in which we are stating since we all are speaking on the bible. The only way we can believe the same is to take the bible for what it says without interpretation.
As long as you allow someone to interpret for you you will be left to what they understand not what you understand or believe. So Look at what everyone is saying from the bible standpoint.
Not from uhop because there is no such thing as a uhop word.
One Man Leadership...dont be an idiot. UHOP words are the statements made by my other fellow UHOP member. Im so sorry everything has to be put into laymens terms for you to understand. See thats what I mean about twisting words. Go involve yourself in some activity or something to occupy yourself. SMH!!!
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#4948 Apr 24, 2013
YOU ARE FORCING!!! yes Im yelling. You guys are upset because no one is listening to you. Blah, blah, blah. Next post always the same old junk. Keep it comin why dont you. LOL!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4949 Apr 24, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
YOU ARE FORCING!!! yes Im yelling. You guys are upset because no one is listening to you. Blah, blah, blah. Next post always the same old junk. Keep it comin why dont you. LOL!
Okay so to keep in line with the tone that you choose to take in this discussion I'll change my tone as well. I promise to no longer try to FORCE (yelling as well) you to think like me and the other free thinking UHOP defectors. I'll just use alluring catch phrases and manipulative language from now on to get you to see my point.

Let me correct you. With respect the only thing that you really listen to in the UHOP is the band/music. IF you're reading scripture, clearly you're not listening to what the preachers are saying. If you were there's absolutely no way you could agree with the teachings based upon what you say you "understand" as it relates to scripture. Therefore, since you don't listen to the Bishop or the preachers and you're not listening to me either then that would lead me to conclude that I'm in good company. I'm in no way upset that you're not listening. Why would I expect you to be open minded enough to receive objective information that contradicts what your UHOP Ecclesia and fellow church members perpetuate?.

You may not be listening but trust me those who choose to release their mind weapon from the hands of the oppressor are. Maybe slavery is what some people need and that's completely fine. However, I have absolutely no problems with suggesting another way of life that will cost you absolutely nothing from a "church salvation" sticker price perspective. Call me pessimistic but I believe you return to this site from time to time because in the pit of your stomach and in the hollows of your misguided GOD conscience you have a feeling that there is a need for concern regarding the status of your UHOP.

If the posts are repetitive then I ask you to enlighten us and show us the errors of our way. I emphatically state that Isaiah 56:7 is NOT talking about the church founded by Bishop Grace in America. If you want to reason that his decision to name his organization was influenced by that scripture I will accept that logic. However, as it was written by the prophets of old in it's proper context it had NOTHING to do with your current organization. Now let's start there if you disagree with my statement than please sister come rescue me. I'm not twisting any UHOP words or words spoken by UHOP members. I'm specifically engaging you in an intellectual discussion.
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#4950 Apr 24, 2013
First off Mr. Cultastic, you can use whatever you want but I will never see your point as you want. I have my interpretations and so do you so dont try to make yours the only way (right so you say) because its not. I return to this site to see crap that is being placed on here by some simple minded individuals. Not your concern why Im here, again minding my business. This is a free discussion. I dont have to enlighten you with anything because you already have your belief and whatever I say will get twisted around as usual. Twisted Individuals. Just because everything you guys are saying are not getting through, you are digging deeper and deeper trying to gain control and its not gonna happen. You cah ask for discussion, enlightenment or whatever you want to try to make your point but its not happening dude. All because something personal happened to others, as I previously stated, now you guys want to hit below the belt and try to slander. Go your respectful way and end the bad mouthing because it not becoming of a christian to belittle others with criticisms because you MAD!!!Peace
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4951 Apr 24, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
First off Mr. Cultastic, you can use whatever you want but I will never see your point as you want. I have my interpretations and so do you so dont try to make yours the only way (right so you say) because its not. I return to this site to see crap that is being placed on here by some simple minded individuals. Not your concern why Im here, again minding my business. This is a free discussion. I dont have to enlighten you with anything because you already have your belief and whatever I say will get twisted around as usual. Twisted Individuals. Just because everything you guys are saying are not getting through, you are digging deeper and deeper trying to gain control and its not gonna happen. You cah ask for discussion, enlightenment or whatever you want to try to make your point but its not happening dude. All because something personal happened to others, as I previously stated, now you guys want to hit below the belt and try to slander. Go your respectful way and end the bad mouthing because it not becoming of a christian to belittle others with criticisms because you MAD!!!Peace
"I will never see your point as you want." < No you will never accept anything that contradicts or appears to go against what your religious teachers say. It has nothing to do with me. Furthermore, you don't know what I want you to see because you've never asked only assumed what my agenda is.

"Twisted invidviduals." "Crap being posted by SIMPLE MINDED INDIVIDUALS." < Makes perfectly good sense that as long as I was a UHOP sheeple I was a bright individual. Once I decided to read and think for myself or investigate the validity of the UHOP doctrines via other sources instead of accepting Daddy's truth (so HE says) I was reduced to being all of your aforementioned slanderous adjectives. Let me also point out that you claim that you don't belittle others with your criticisms, yet you refer to people like me as SIMPLE MINDED. I'm directly quoting you absolutely no twisting.

I asked for a discussion that you could not engage. You had no response so you through your usual "shut-up" card. I've said it several times over please don't flatter your church. There's nothing "deeper" to unveil. It is completely sad that your UHOP authority is so powerful over you that they can tell you a lie. Then they turn around and basically expose you to the truth knowing that it's too late and you're too afraid to do anything about it. Dear sister regarding the subject of the UHOP and religion you don't know fact from fiction which is exactly why your claim is 100% accurate. "Nothing is getting through."

Assuming that I'm "mad" at you because you choose not to open your mind or at least investigate for yourself is a false assumption. Assuming that I'm "mad" at the UHOP as an organization is another false assumption. The TRUTH goes far beyond the world of the UHOP. I will accept you saying that I'm mad at those that lead you who claim to love you when it is completely evident that they only lust after their only personal (financial) desires. In the process they are systemically exploiting and pillaging your most precious gift that GOD gave you; your mind.

AGAPE
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4952 Apr 24, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
Not your concern why Im here, again minding my business. This is a free discussion.

Go your respectful way and end the bad mouthing because it not becoming of a christian to belittle others with criticisms because you MAD!!!Peace
How ironic that you point out that it's a free discussion yet you tell me to go my respectful way and end the bad mouthing. Well which one is it? You've seemed to yet again contradict yourself as usual because you're getting defensive instead of being open minded. It's sad to me that when discussions about the UHOP, religion, GOD, Christianity, church come up this is what you hear (click the link, pay attention to the teacher).

I opened the discussion with you about the very scripture that your doctrine is founded on and you had nothing substantial to say to refute my claims other than the usual: "I'm not going to say anything because you're just going to twist my words." FOOLISH EXCUSE. You're much smarter than that and you're mad with me because I don't accept that way of thinking from a bright young sister. Well to be honest with you I don't care if it angers you. Maybe if you get mad you'll take your concerns to your clergy and make them face their deception and see if they have anything else to say other than "stay off of Facebook, and away from that devil."

You don't have to believe me just go ask your Daddy or any Apostle in the UHOP if Isaiah 56:7 is "specifically" talking about your church organization. They'll either have to lie or tell the truth. Either way we'd certainly love to hear the response.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4953 Apr 24, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
<quoted text>
One Man Leadership...dont be an idiot. UHOP words are the statements made by my other fellow UHOP member. Im so sorry everything has to be put into laymens terms for you to understand. See thats what I mean about twisting words. Go involve yourself in some activity or something to occupy yourself. SMH!!!
No one for the uhop has made a valid statement that would back their belief. All you can say is you know what you doing is right. And so does every other religion. Except most other religions don't believe you have to come through their church to be saved. We're you taught like I was that daddy McCollough asked God to let Martin Luther king into heaven because he was not hop member. How does that sound to you. Smh do you believe that.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4954 Apr 24, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
You came back with such a vengeance. Itís like all of you UHOP members that post get together and decide whom to attack next. No words of wisdom, just attack. No proof that can be verified, just attack. No Bible verse that justify your Church, just attack. No good reason why Puffy such continue to lead you, just attack.

With all this fight in you, you must be very exhausted at the end of the day. How and when do you pray? You turn on and off your attitude at the drop of a hat. Thatís how you all shout, at the sound of the beat. You can be engaged in a deep conversation and as soon as the bands start youíre in the spirit.

Thatís why we call your Leaders and your Church a False Religion, if you serve the Lord, you donít turn on and off like a faucet. You walk with the spirit all the time, not when it suits you. Very few of you have a light that shines. I know a UHOP member by the way you carry yourself.

You need to rethink your attitude if you are trying to convince people your Church is right. Our God teaches us to Love each other no matter what. Puffy teaches you to attack and stay away from us.

The difference between us and them is we view each other as ďAll Gods ChildrenĒ. Your view is Puffyís Children only because you go to the UHOP.

Where is the God in your logic? You say you have a Bible, then read it, it teaches Love.
prince rod

United States

#4955 Apr 24, 2013
Listen people of the world I'm tired of all this name calling and disrespectful stuff going on, on this blog site the house of prayer is built off the blood sweat and tears off some of our great grandparents and grandparents with out no government help the thangs they did is the reason why gods kingdom is still stand its not about the messager or leader its about the people of the organization back than black people use to work in the fields cleaning floors by the day feeling like they had no self respect but at night they would come to the hop in become ministers deacons queens nurses ushers band members giving them some type of leadership they would say daddy grace made them somebody that's a powerful thang in that was before the civil rights moment but the kids who love playing on the band reading the bible studying educate him or her self in some place of worship besides running the streets or at the club or somewhere else doing n taking part of the world the unity the love for one another that need the black community missing working together under one roof as a big family god loves peace amount his children that's why the house of prayer still standing god fearing people we all working together to keep this thang alive almost every thing we work for in the early 19 hundreds are gone but the house of prayer is still here love is keeping this faith and organization alive standing tall cause god is love my great grandparents and grandparents and my mother and aunts put a lot in the that faith my cousins they love giving to the children on christmas besides they might not be able to get nothang on that day god is with the house of prayer cause love is there we the people is the house of prayer in are great our organization is you might not like it or care for it but you respect it cause the children are in some place of worship beside out in the streets
SMH---Literally

Great Mills, MD

#4956 Apr 24, 2013
I would like to know what attitude do I have people. Mad people dont laugh at the end of post....still trying to make yourselves look good. No Cultastic I will not engage myself in a discussion with you, theres no explanation required. I attack you because this is something dear to me. YES I attack and you attack back because you feel we are this and that. Whatever you feel is what you feel. Like I said you get mad because you cant convince. I guess if one of us give in you will shut up....not happening. I turn on my attitude because Im human like you. If your God teach you to love Gee-Tee then love and stop doing what you do, try that one. Im not thinking about non of you with your negative talk. I say what I say and when I do it strikes a nerve then all of your fellow followers want to come out the wood work and speak their mind and call us names. How about this I put in a good word for you with Puffy. Ill even send up $1 for you and put on a shout once I finish praying for you because my God you need it. Watch this bomb explode. Count down who wanna take the first shot at this one because I know its coming. LOL!!! Speak on it!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4957 Apr 24, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
How about this I put in a good word for you with Puffy. Speak on it!
All I have to say is Puffy is the name I call your new leader. I call him Puffy because I have no respect for him. I had no respect when he was a Pastor beating up his wife and I have no respect for him now, because you all gave him a new title I should give him respect. I think not.

Why are you, a devoted, dedicated, true believer, never to leave member referring to him as Puffy?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4958 Apr 24, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
Ill even send up $1 for you and put on a shout once I finish praying for you Speak on it!
Donít worry too much about putting in a good word for me with Puffy; I donít pay nor do I believe in Puffyís Club. A dollar; I donít throw good money after bad, so keep your dollar. Shout, if it isnít for the Lord, donít bother.

As for praying for me thank you, but no thanks, God has already answered my prayers when he delivered me from that darkness you are in. I want only those that can get a pray through to pray for me. Pray for yourself and your members, I really donít want people that mean me no good to pray for me.
SMH---Literally

Great Mills, MD

#4959 Apr 24, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
All I have to say is Puffy is the name I call your new leader. I call him Puffy because I have no respect for him. I had no respect when he was a Pastor beating up his wife and I have no respect for him now, because you all gave him a new title I should give him respect. I think not.
Why are you, a devoted, dedicated, true believer, never to leave member referring to him as Puffy?
Oh you have no respect huh. Since you want to tell me I need to read my bible, why not you read yours on respect. Mmmmm!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4960 Apr 24, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
Ill even send up $1 for you and put on a shout once I finish praying for you because my God you need it. Watch this bomb explode. Count down who wanna take the first shot at this one because I know its coming. LOL!!! Speak on it!
You are 100% correct my sister no explanation required because the truth is apparent and either you acknowledge it or you donít. Clearly the lines of reality are blurred for you when it comes to the UHOP. Whatever I feel or whatever you feel is not relative to the truth. From your response I can conclude that you enjoy antagonizing those who disagree with you and your Daddy. You proved my point ďI attack you because this is something dear to me.Ē Youíre defending a LOVED ONE/CHURCH unconditionally. Youíre correct weíre both human and subject to our emotions. The only distinction is that your UHOP is no longer at the center of my human defense mechanism.

Hold on to the blessed $1 you proposed to submit on my behalf. Brother Bailey clearly doesnít need it. In fact considering how he feels about me he may use that $1 for toilet paper if he knows itís on my behalf. However, if you want to bless me you can give me that $1 and Iíll use it to feed my children. Have a great shout, in between speaking in tongue make sure you utter my full name in prayer; James Crawford Tate, Jr. so that GOD is not confused about who youíre praying for. Just do me one favor please donít send that prayer through and by Daddy Bailey.

Correction: You will not engage me in certain discussions because you canít. I can relate and identify with your thoughts. In contrast you have no experience with spiritual freedom like me outside of your Daddy and your UHOP. You havenít struck a nerve yet. Iíll let you know when you do because I have no reason to lie like your Daddy.ďSpeak on itĒ
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4961 Apr 24, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
Im not thinking about non of you with your negative talk.
I am thinking about you every day, because thatís what God wants. God is Love. I pray for you everyday because I want you to see the light. I want you to remove your feelings from the words that are being spoken. I want you to know God, not Puffy. I want you to live life in its fullest. I want nothing but good things for you. I want you to want more for your self. I want you to stop serving a Man and know who youíre true Savior is. I want you to know God do not charge. When these things come to pass, Iíll stop.
Im Free

Hockessin, DE

#4962 Apr 24, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
this bomb explode. Count down who wanna take the first shot at this one because I know its coming. LOL!!! Speak on it!
Ohhhhh, You really don't want nobody to speak on it, But here it is....I have not been in the HOP for a service with the daddies for over 20 years but I guarantee you I know the services are like a Time Capsule. I can invision the popular band song is "Take Me To The King" while they point to Puffy and the whole house is up shouting, speaking in tongues and calling Puffy the King. Please let me know if I'm wrong. If I am wrong Get Ready! because its coming. The Devil is a Liar, Jesus is King of Kings.
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#4963 Apr 25, 2013
Your words are full of hatred and thats sad. All of you need to fall to your knees right now and ask for forgiveness. Slandering another religion is not in the BIBLE either...Gee-Tee, this is for you. You have a messed up team member aboard you might wanna let them go. First you call Daddy Bailey names and tell me you have love. Then you say you have no respect then you have love again. Stop flipping back and forth. If your going to be mean then be it, stop trying to wear two faces.@ Cultastic, the prayer wasnít going up for you my brother but if you really need one, I will consider it, see your issue is you like to be a part of all the discussions...I wasnít even talking to you sir, but I see you are spear heading everything so everything must be directed to the BOSS I guess. Iím Free, if you felt that the service was like a time capsule, I have a solution........DONT COME!!!! And you are absolutely right, that is probably what happened but it was not calling Daddy Bailey the King, is Jesus Christ, the spirit. BOOM!!!!!!! Another war.:).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Michael 679,390
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 18 hr barry 84,713
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Sun Eric 9
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... Sat nanoanomaly 1
News What is up with that strange photo of President... May 27 Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... May 26 BB Board 1
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web