United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Comments (Page 243)

Showing posts 4,841 - 4,860 of7,652
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
saved

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

To my sister/brother i attend service 5 -6 nites a week n i do no the inner workings of this kingdom .#1 there was a letter # 2 that letter did not say get off in 24 hours or something would happen. Please address me with repect as i respect you. I don't no everything just as you don't. If the leader preached a sermon, idid not hear as i don't travel everywhere .
Jaxx212

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Oh please!!!!!.....Thats the problem right there!!!!....Attending services 5-6 nights a week within that screwed up organization, obviously PROVES that you DONT HAVE A LIFE OF YOUR OWN!!!!
Thats extremely SAD, because you are supposed to EXPLORE and ENJOY your life while you are only given ONE within GODs EARTH!!!!......NOT spending or dedicating 95% of YOUR TIME to a cult leader and his teachings!!!!!
What PRIMITIVE folks to not see something WRONG with this!!!!
Eyes on Christ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

saved wrote:
To my sister/brother i attend service 5 -6 nites a week n i do no the inner workings of this kingdom .#1 there was a letter # 2 that letter did not say get off in 24 hours or something would happen. Please address me with repect as i respect you. I don't no everything just as you don't. If the leader preached a sermon, idid not hear as i don't travel everywhere .
Peace Saved,

It was not a letter about the 24 hour advice to remove from facebook, it was a visit by Bishop Bailey. He acknowledged that he didnt know what would happen to them if they did not follow his instruction which meant "danger zone" by many member's interpretation. Alot of communication went out about this because many were in fear. I received my text about 1am. My family and friends were trying to call one another to receive steps on how to cancel their accounts. Many were non users but had aa facebook account and were questioning themselves because they didn't have their emails/usernames to access a new password just to cancel. There are maids who are still unable to perform due to this.

I could be wrong, but I believe he stated this in Baltimore.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace Saved,
It was not a letter about the 24 hour advice to remove from facebook, it was a visit by Bishop Bailey. He acknowledged that he didnt know what would happen to them if they did not follow his instruction which meant "danger zone" by many member's interpretation. Alot of communication went out about this because many were in fear. I received my text about 1am. My family and friends were trying to call one another to receive steps on how to cancel their accounts. Many were non users but had aa facebook account and were questioning themselves because they didn't have their emails/usernames to access a new password just to cancel. There are maids who are still unable to perform due to this.
I could be wrong, but I believe he stated this in Baltimore.
Your account of the event is accurate. I'm not exactly sure of the location but I do have the audio of his "sermon" regarding Facebook.
saved

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

33Just to inform you, i have had a full life i believe in one post it was stated that we don't travel except it's with the HOP. You r so wrong, i have been on some wonderfulm trips to Rome , England, Germany as well jamacia, St. Lucia n among others. I was blessed with a wonderful job , i made the statemt that u don' know everything God i have been more than good to me!!! n still is!!

prince rod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

It is part of a father's brief to lead, but it is not necessarliy part of a leader's brief to father... Man assumes there must be leadership in anything he touches. It is part of his creational brief. However, the church is an exception, because it is not man's invention or property. It is truly God's... To call one member a leader over the others - and in spite of the presence of the head - would be grossly misleading. Jesus is the head of the church, and that is all the leadership it truly needs. The church is led when its members obey its head. The church experiences leadership as they collectively obey their head and function together in unity... The whole world wants leaders, not servants, and so does the traditional church. Maybe we want what God is not willing to give, and instead of seeing the futility of our attempts, we carry on with what we think is persistence. The stewards of the church are servants, and the more they serve, the more they will ultimately lead (Lk. 22:26) in a way which is upsidedown to the way the world expects leadership. An obedient and humble servant can lead because he is led. Leadership, if at all, is therefore a function of obedience.3

The words "father" and "fathers" appear in the KJV Bible 1,484 times. Needless to say, the Scriptures have much to say about fathers. This article is not for the purpose of studying the entire role of the father, but for showing that fathering is more than just raising children, it is the very plan and order for God's leadership. Of course God is our ultimate Father as 2 Corinthians 6:18 tells us, "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." But don't forget that the apostle Paul also considered himself a father, and this fathering leadership has been God's way of maturing His people from the beginning. "For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Therefore, I urge you, imitate me." 1 Corinthians 4:15,16

Father's who lead like Paul carry spiritual authority. There are two types of God ordained authority: 1) spiritual authority and 2) dominion authority.
Try Jesus

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

saved wrote:
33Just to inform you, i have had a full life i believe in one post it was stated that we don't travel except it's with the HOP. You r so wrong, i have been on some wonderfulm trips to Rome , England, Germany as well jamacia, St. Lucia n among others. I was blessed with a wonderful job , i made the statemt that u don' know everything God i have been more than good to me!!! n still is!!
That's wonderful for you but most of the members are living check to check. What I don't understand is the individual's with jobs are always saling tickets to you. Shouldn't it be the individuals with limited income?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

prince rod wrote:
It is part of a father's brief to lead, but it is not necessarliy part of a leader's brief to father...
You have given us the definition of Father. Be it your natural father or spiritual father, should they lined their pockets with gold, while their children go hungry and homeless. Allow their children minds to be stalemated in a since they don’t grow mentally. Teach them false beliefs that confuse them. Place himself above God. Would a father buy a million dollar car and wave at his child walking? Would a father teach his child he has to pay for a blessing? Would a father not push for his child to be highly educated?

I could go on and on about the meaning of the word father. My question to you is what has Puffy demonstrated that allows himself to be called a father? My father went without shoes so that I may have. What is Puffy going without?

If you want to be respected as a leader, shouldn’t you at least care about the people you are leading?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

saved wrote:
I said that, if you have done all these things, then you don’t have a number nor do you pay in Puffy Club. If you have a job that pays that well, then you must be highly educated; if you are highly educated what are you doing there? Once you have seen the world, you do not settle. God is good to me all the time.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

I wish you UHOP members that post would give us an argument we can’t win. We left the UHOP, therefore we think. Your minds are Stuck on Stupid. You think, hear and see nothing but Puffy or any man you put into that seat. Your level of thinking has been on a freeze note for over 90 years.

You can join the Military and see the world. There are Government jobs that take you around the world. To have seen so much and still don’t learn doesn’t say too much about you nor your Church.

All of you should be enjoying the fruits of your labor. Most of you are content in just giving Puffy. He’s given you that false sense your reward is when you die. Yet he’s living like a King. Where is the logic in this?

One of you had the nerve to compare Puffy with President Obama. How dare you put Puffy on the same level? President Obama is doing everything he can to help the people. Puffy is doing everything he can to rob the people.

Prove me wrong.
Spunky

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
And to Jehovah....Yahweh be the glory. Spunky, I cant tell you how many times I have asked my HOP relatives to open the word with me and how they refuse and make up something to make me feel inadequate or trouble. Authenticity can be found in the Good Book; yet our love ones who have been consumed by the HOP practices will confess that they go by the Bible but refuse to sit with you and open it up. I am thankful for Jehovah...Yahweh for Hebrewsunite and Cultastic as they have initially pointed out scriptures early on in reading the blog that made me feel inadequate enough to get to reading. I was always a G-Class worker and held a strong officer position. I begin studying with someone who saw my hunger for the TRUTH......and they....nonHOP started working with me. The first time someone truly kept it real for me about my HOP concerns was in this blog. Keep reading the blog as there is no other open support (for now)and keep reading the Word.

Most definitely in the word and learning more and more each and every day. I'm no fool, and unlikely others who fail to realize that the Bible ( Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) is our Road Map if you will, to Christ. While we may need spirtual advisors to help us along the way... In the "UHOP" that's not what's being taught.. You are advised to get on Daddy's club each and every time Mr. Bailey comes to a location. I mean really, how much of a blessing can you get for 2 grand a pop? I woke up the morning and thanked The Lord God Almighty for blessing me to be able to do so... And he did it not for free, but becaus he demands the praise and Deaerves it. I too have fily who's hearts have been broken, continue to "Work for Daddy" and I always ask... What is "Daddy" doing for? You're still sick, can't get well good becaus you feel that if you can only see his feel you will be healed. He's not Jesus, it's so hurtful and disturbing but as they say you just have to live and learn. Many are ignorant to the facts that are placed here for our benefit. So I say again to Dr. Cultastic (LOL), Gee Tee, Henrews Unite, Big Tiny, yourself and others.. Thank you for sharing the truth and the goodness of The Lord. Many are still blinded by the veil.
Spunky

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

saved wrote:
Sooooo Bro or Sis Saved, since you've been to these places, tell us a bit more about them, what's the climate like in Rome, which Island in St. Lucia did you stay? How many different languages did they speak in Germany? You're one of those who probably can't afford to get on "Daddy's Club" yet you probably try constantly... I'm just curious
Eyes on Christ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
You have given us the definition of Father. Be it your natural father or spiritual father, should they lined their pockets with gold, while their children go hungry and homeless. Allow their children minds to be stalemated in a since they don’t grow mentally. Teach them false beliefs that confuse them. Place himself above God. Would a father buy a million dollar car and wave at his child walking? Would a father teach his child he has to pay for a blessing? Would a father not push for his child to be highly educated?
I could go on and on about the meaning of the word father. My question to you is what has Puffy demonstrated that allows himself to be called a father? My father went without shoes so that I may have. What is Puffy going without?
If you want to be respected as a leader, shouldn’t you at least care about the people you are leading?
Nice analogy
Eyes on Christ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Spunky wrote:
<quoted text>
Most definitely in the word and learning more and more each and every day. I'm no fool, and unlikely others who fail to realize that the Bible ( Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) is our Road Map if you will, to Christ. While we may need spirtual advisors to help us along the way... In the "UHOP" that's not what's being taught.. You are advised to get on Daddy's club each and every time Mr. Bailey comes to a location. I mean really, how much of a blessing can you get for 2 grand a pop? I woke up the morning and thanked The Lord God Almighty for blessing me to be able to do so... And he did it not for free, but becaus he demands the praise and Deaerves it. I too have fily who's hearts have been broken, continue to "Work for Daddy" and I always ask... What is "Daddy" doing for? You're still sick, can't get well good becaus you feel that if you can only see his feel you will be healed. He's not Jesus, it's so hurtful and disturbing but as they say you just have to live and learn. Many are ignorant to the facts that are placed here for our benefit. So I say again to Dr. Cultastic (LOL), Gee Tee, Henrews Unite, Big Tiny, yourself and others.. Thank you for sharing the truth and the goodness of The Lord. Many are still blinded by the veil.
Thats the first Ive learned about the Bible acronym. I like.
No other name but jesus

Hogansville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Who would want to be on daddy's club! Spunky said the magic word AFFORD, its said you have to afford to do anything in the house of God!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Spunky wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said, and thanks for the new title it has a new ring to it LOL....
No other name but jesus

Hogansville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Sad I meant sorry swipe it crazy
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

prince rod wrote:
Father's who lead like Paul carry spiritual authority. There are two types of God ordained authority: 1) spiritual authority and 2) dominion authority.
Welp prince rod the second is back. Is there any chance that you have a relative named Elder UHOP_Believer? The context of your messages bare a striking empty resemblance. Dear brother nice try with the father definition and and trying to bring in this spiritual "Daddy" thing. However, your futile attempt at making sense of the Daddy and supporting it with scripture was an epic fail at best. I can clearly see that you have a bright mind but it is being clouded by religious traditions of man in the modern "church". What you wrote only makes sense if you are a UHOP member. I know because I once thought just like you. However, I must strongly encourage you to stop letting the organization and it's leadership do the thinking for you.

It is a proven fact that Mr. Bailey doesn't serve anyone. Therefore, going strictly by your own servant--leader--father--daddy definition he is disqualified. As I've said to others I appreciate your humility in discussing this tough matter.

AGAPE
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

No other name but jesus wrote:
Who would want to be on daddy's club! Spunky said the magic word AFFORD, its said you have to afford to do anything in the house of God!
I'd refer to it as normative "religious" influence. Everybody around you is sporting one of those holy $2,000 lapel pins with Daddy's picture containing a "special blessing". Who wants to be left out? Therefore, they conform by any means necessary.

I want every one of my sisters and brothers to hear me clear. Please stop feeding in to that lie about giving money in the UHOP being "free-will". Let me break it down like a good con-man, excuse me preacher does.

"Of course you don't have to give. Everything is free-will."
Then get back up in his next sermonette and say "The blessing is in the giving, and we know that it's better to give than to receive. You can give without loving but you can't love with out giving and we looooooove Daddy don't we." There you have it. Now they've sold you free snow on an Alaskan glacier. As intelligent as you are my black sisters and brothers, you should be appalled that they have the unmitigated gal to hide that holy ponzi scheme deception right in plain site. I'm not opposed to giving and being benevolent in a church organization, however, brother Bishop please don't insult my intelligence; and please do not play on my sincere desire to please GOD. Just my .02

AGAPE
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not opposed to giving and being benevolent in a church organization, however, brother Bishop please don't insult my intelligence; and please do not play on my sincere desire to please GOD.
How many times have I told them, the one that tells you “Its better to give then received” never give anything. In all the years of G class have you ever heard Dee’s name called. Now you have Puffy Club, is Dee wearing a pin? Does Puffy’s wife have a number, do Puffy have a number? The love of Money is the root of all evil, and Puffy is loving it, all the way to the Bank.

If they spent as much time on teaching the Bible as you do on raising money, what a wonderful world this could be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,841 - 4,860 of7,652
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••