United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10772 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4883 Apr 15, 2013
prince rod wrote:
We live in the days of apostasy, much like in the time of the Judges, where it is recorded:“In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.” Judges 21:25. Every Bible corrector thinks he’s an expert and yet not one of them agrees with anybody else as to what should be in “The Bible” and what should be omitted.
First thing is that we clearly have two different individuals posting under the handle "prince rod". prince rod the first doesn't really use any punctuation and most of his posts are one long run on sentence. Now are we to believe that mysteriously he changed into a scholarly writer with knowledge of the Hebrew and Greek lexicon? We're not buying it. Moving on prince rod the second I'm not exactly sure what your point is/was. Did you give these scriptures to say they support the UHOP's teaching of Bishop/Daddy. In fact I argue that based upon your logic Bishop and Deacon are on the same level therefore Daddy as Bishop has no more authority than any other office held by men in the church.

Can you explain your point in plain language?
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#4884 Apr 15, 2013
It will never end.
Im Just Saying

Cape Charles, VA

#4885 Apr 15, 2013
UHOP_Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be ashamed. What is the name of the non-denominational place of worship that you go to. Where is this house of prayer where you receive God's Word. I guarantee you will not say. If your family treated you that way, then i feel sorry for them and you.
I guess what befuddles me is if i belonged to an organization/religion/sect/pla ce that i did not agree with and i decided to leave and found another org/religion/sect/place that I believe, then I would not look back to the old because i have found what i desired.
You and others claim you have found "IT", don't know what "IT" is, but yet you still look back to the HOP. You know what: it reminds me of the story of LOT's wife. GOD's Servant was leading them out of a place of danger and told them "DON'T LOOK BACK". Yet Lot's wife couldn't help herself. You all label the HOP as something as dangerous, YET YOU STILL KEEP LOOKING AT IT.
For what?
The difference between me and you is i will not label the place you go to as not God's House, but you are quick to tell me i'm not going to one.
First of all, I don't need your pity concerning the situation with my family. They are acting no different than I expected. And I will continue to love them. I am not ashamed to name my church. I do it all the time when I invite people to come for worship. Lot's wife looked back because of some kind of longing for her former life. Make no mistake, I have moved on, but if there is just one person reading this forum who is confused about the HOP and needs a hand to grab to be pulled up and out of there, I will gladly help, even if it means what you call looking back, to do that. I'm sure you are "befuddled" by the idea of wanting to share the truth when you find it.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#4886 Apr 15, 2013
prince rod wrote:
We live in the days of apostasy, much like in the time of the Judges, where it is recorded:“In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.” Judges 21:25. Every Bible corrector thinks he’s an expert and yet not one of them agrees with anybody else as to what should be in “The Bible” and what should be omitted.
Such is the case with the word “bishop” as found not only in the King James Bible, but in many others as well. Why do they object to the word “bishop”? Some think it implies a hierarchy of church authority and make reference to the fact that we are all priests before God and nobody is “above” anybody else.
This argument is much in keeping with the spirit of our apostate age which casts off all authority and screams for their “rights” to be an independent, self-directed,“rugged” individual who is not going to let anybody else tell him what to do. It also displays a self-willed ignorance of the whole council of God as found in His precious words.
Like it or not, there is an office of a bishop, elder, presbyter and pastor (all of which are Biblically the same thing), and they do have a role of authority in teaching correct doctrine, guarding against false teachers, feeding the flock and maintaining church discipline.
Look at every reference to the elders, bishops, presbyters and pastor, and you will see that every New Testament churche had a plurality of leadership. The modern day idea and practice of a single “pastor” presiding over a local church body of believers is no where to be found in the Scriptures.
Each local church had a plurality of elders or overseers. The word “elder” implies that they were generally older and more experienced mature men.“Overseers” brings out the aspect of watching over the flock to keep them safe from false teachers and wolves in sheep’s clothing. The “bishop” is the more literal word coming directly from the Greek New Testament and it means “to watch over” another. The “pastors”(which by the way is found only one time in the entire New Testament, and it’s in the plural and not the singular - Ephesians 4:11-12) were given by Christ to “feed” His church and protect God’s people.
“Let the ELDERS that RULE well be counted of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.” 1 Timothy 5:17
“Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.” Hebrews 13:7
“Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.” Hebrews 13:17
“And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you: And to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves.” 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13
“The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder...Feed the church of God which is among you, taking the oversight, not by constraint, but willingly...” 1 Peter 5:1-2
Notice that the “elders”,“bishops” and “overseers” are all the same office and position in the local church, and there was always a plurality of elders or bishops, not a single individual.
In Acts 20 we read:“And from Miletus he (Paul) sent to Ephesus, and called for THE ELDERS of the church. And when they were come to him he said...Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock of God, OVER THE WHICH the Holy Ghost hath made you OVERSEERS (Greek -episkopos = bishops), to FEED the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.”
Prince Rod.....honey....is this you?
prince rod

United States

#4887 Apr 15, 2013
Yes this is the same prince rod I just had to get a little deep on yall with knowledge people don't believe in dont understand we as house of prayer children don't live life through flesh moved only through spirit the house of prayer isn't the only one believe in the holy ghosts my grand father on my daddy side is a head minister of two churches he's self one in Stanley county n one in Anson county of north Carolina my point is people judge for no reason if its work for me why hate on my blessing got gave it to me cause he found me highly and favor for it but yall come on here in judge when this is a blog site for the house of prayer to show there last leader some respect love and honor but yall wanna be disrespectful in come on here in diss him the other two past leaders n this organization but we the wrong ones we the evil ones we the only one need to be shamed of calling.a man daddy but its only a pet name for the spirit.within the man watch the house of prayer rise and the world fall we do a lot for the black community look at Washington d.c. look at charlotte,nc look at los Angeles look at Columbia,sc in many more areas but we don't do nothing the truth and facts are all there read it and learn i watch one of daddy McCullough sermons in he said this kingdom is going higher don't let the world take your house of prayer from you the world don't want you to follow Jesus they don't want you to obey him the devil will try to trick you but don't let him stay faithful in the house of prayer and keep Jesus in your heart be the type of person every morning soon as your feet touch the floor the devil be like he back at it again cause we walk with Jesus in they know before we go to work or shool we going to sun rise service or pray at the doors god get the glory no matter what
Try Jesus

Los Angeles, CA

#4888 Apr 15, 2013
prince rod wrote:
Yes this is the same prince rod I just had to get a little deep on yall with knowledge people don't believe in dont understand we as house of prayer children don't live life through flesh moved only through spirit the house of prayer isn't the only one believe in the holy ghosts my grand father on my daddy side is a head minister of two churches he's self one in Stanley county n one in Anson county of north Carolina my point is people judge for no reason if its work for me why hate on my blessing got gave it to me cause he found me highly and favor for it but yall come on here in judge when this is a blog site for the house of prayer to show there last leader some respect love and honor but yall wanna be disrespectful in come on here in diss him the other two past leaders n this organization but we the wrong ones we the evil ones we the only one need to be shamed of calling.a man daddy but its only a pet name for the spirit.within the man watch the house of prayer rise and the world fall we do a lot for the black community look at Washington d.c. look at charlotte,nc look at los Angeles look at Columbia,sc in many more areas but we don't do nothing the truth and facts are all there read it and learn i watch one of daddy McCullough sermons in he said this kingdom is going higher don't let the world take your house of prayer from you the world don't want you to follow Jesus they don't want you to obey him the devil will try to trick you but don't let him stay faithful in the house of prayer and keep Jesus in your heart be the type of person every morning soon as your feet touch the floor the devil be like he back at it again cause we walk with Jesus in they know before we go to work or shool we going to sun rise service or pray at the doors god get the glory no matter what
Please tell everyone what the hop do for the communities in Washington,D.C., Charlotte and Los Angeles? If you are a member of the hop then you already know they do not help the members or the communities. If a member get behind on the rent, they will be put out on the street. It's said because apparently you're living in some fantasy world and you have no clue about the church you attend.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4889 Apr 16, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
It will never end.
You have absolutely no clue how ironically true this statement is.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4890 Apr 17, 2013
prince rod wrote:
Yes this is the same prince rod I just had to get a little deep on yall with knowledge
For the love of the sweet brown baby Jesus where in GOD's name is @UHOP_Believer when you need him. He will not correct this young brother but he will try his hardest to discredit Gee-Tee on her age and everything else just to defend his doctrine.

First of all let me be honest with you for just a moment @prince rod(s) one and two. Typically authors use the same writing style and tone. It is clear to everyone who has a functioning brain between their ears that there are two individuals posting under the handle of prince rod. Let me refer you to any of your UHOP books of Epistles it is overwhelmingly clear that the same person wrote and/or influenced the Daddy letters from Grace to Bailey. The writing style and content down to the scriptures used in the Daddy letters are exactly the same. Inside the matrix you'll miss small details like that.

Quite frankly it’s insulting for you think that we would be stupid enough to fall for that forgery. The TRUTH is the reason why many of us left the UHOP. You turn around and try to get us to believe that you’re somebody you’re not all in the purpose of creating a “UHOP GOD”.@prince rod the second if you’re reading this I want to personally let you know that you are doing this young black intelligent brother a dis-service by doing his holy bible homework for him.

Let me see if I can ask an intellectual question that I always present to my UHOP sisters and brothers that boast about the accomplishments of the UHOP leaders to make them think. Why do you think Hitler is still regarded as a great leader in spite of the crimes against humanity that he committed on the so-called “Jews”?

You really don't have to defend you belief in GOD BTW.
Jaxx212

Brooklyn, NY

#4891 Apr 17, 2013
prince rod wrote:
Yes this is the same prince rod I just had to get a little deep on yall with knowledge people don't believe in dont understand we as house of prayer children don't live life through flesh moved only through spirit the house of prayer isn't the only believe in the holy ghosts my grand father on my daddy side is a head minister of two churches he's self one in Stanley county n one in Anson county of north Carolina my point is people judge for no reason if its work for me why hate on my blessing got gave it to me cause he found me highly and favor for it but yall come on here in judge when this is a blog site for the house of prayer to show there last leader some respect love and honor but yall wanna be disrespectful in come on here in diss him the other two past leaders n this organization but we the wrong ones we the evil ones we the only one need to be shamed of calling.a man daddy but its only a pet name for the spirit.within the man watch the house of prayer rise and the world fall we do a lot for the black community look at Washington d.c. look at charlotte,nc look at los Angeles look at Columbia,sc in many more areas but we don't do nothing the truth and facts are all there read it and learn i watch one of daddy McCullough sermons in he said this kingdom is going higher don't let the world take your house of prayer from you the world don't want you to follow Jesus they don't want you to obey him the devil will try to trick you but don't let him stay faithful in the house of prayer and keep Jesus in your heart be the type of person every morning soon as your feet touch the floor the devil be like he back at it again cause we walk with Jesus in they know before we go to work or shool we going to sun rise service or pray at the doors god get the glory no matter what
OH PLEASE ALREADY!!!!!.....yall dont want to seem "worldly", but yall COLLECT that "worldly" money real quick tho!!!!!.....NO MATTER WHERE IT COMES FROM!!!!!!
I guess once your "daddy s" FLESH handles it, it suddenly becomes "blessed" tho right????
Yall are a screwed up organization.......smh
I Just Want To Live Right

Dover, DE

#4892 Apr 17, 2013
Im Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I don't need your pity concerning the situation with my family. They are acting no different than I expected. And I will continue to love them. I am not ashamed to name my church. I do it all the time when I invite people to come for worship. Lot's wife looked back because of some kind of longing for her former life. Make no mistake, I have moved on, but if there is just one person reading this forum who is confused about the HOP and needs a hand to grab to be pulled up and out of there, I will gladly help, even if it means what you call looking back, to do that. I'm sure you are "befuddled" by the idea of wanting to share the truth when you find it.
I was born and raised in the HOP and recently have severed ties. I am currently looking for a place of worship with true teachings and leadership. Please share where you now worship... I'd love to be able to visit and begin my journey. I believe my username says it all. FYI: I was a member of Norfolk #1. Help !
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#4893 Apr 17, 2013
I Just Want To Live Right wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born and raised in the HOP and recently have severed ties. I am currently looking for a place of worship with true teachings and leadership. Please share where you now worship... I'd love to be able to visit and begin my journey. I believe my username says it all. FYI: I was a member of Norfolk #1. Help !
Where are you located so I can get you to a place of worship that is in your area.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4894 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>
May I suggest you check out this brother, Pastor Kerry Smith. He's in the VA Beach area. He used to be a member of the UHOP and can be particularly sensitive and understanding of your desire for a new spiritual walk and place of worship. His family lines are still very strong in Hickory, VA in the UHOP.

Here's the website for his ministry.
http://www.discipleshiptabernacle.org/

I hope this helps. AGAPE
TSB

Ardsley, NY

#4895 Apr 17, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
May I suggest you check out this brother, Pastor Kerry Smith. He's in the VA Beach area. He used to be a member of the UHOP and can be particularly sensitive and understanding of your desire for a new spiritual walk and place of worship. His family lines are still very strong in Hickory, VA in the UHOP.
I hope this helps. AGAPE
wow.. U know Kerry? Small world bro
I Just Want To Live Right

Dover, DE

#4896 Apr 17, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope this helps. AGAPE
Thanks. I forgot all about his church. I too know Kerry and have visited his church before a couple years ago.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4897 Apr 17, 2013
TSB wrote:
<quoted text>
wow.. U know Kerry? Small world bro
Indeed! I grew up admiring him as a musician in the UHOP. Very talented brother. The UHOP "world" is much smaller than the members conceive.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#4898 Apr 17, 2013
@ I just want to live right check out this website.
http://church-of-christ.org/who.html#govern

I pray that this will help you on your journey! May God Bless You and you made the 1st step leaving the HOP God will make the 2nd.
TSB

Ardsley, NY

#4899 Apr 17, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! I grew up admiring him as a musician in the UHOP. Very talented brother. The UHOP "world" is much smaller than the members conceive.
wow.. He's one of my mentors.. Brings back memories
Im Just Saying

Yorktown, VA

#4900 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Hello "I Just Want to Live Right". It is a pleasure to hear from you. Please e-mail me at RubiesandDiamonds@aol.com.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4901 Apr 17, 2013
prince rod wrote:
Yes this is the same prince rod I just had to get a little deep on yall with knowledge
Here I was ready to give you credit for posting like you had some good sense, and here you go back to normal. You only prove us right when you are deceitful. Then again this only proves how little the UHOP members are knowledgeable of the Bible. You wrote what someone told you to write, not what you know. Shame on you
saved

United States

#4902 Apr 18, 2013
To my sister/brother i attend service 5 -6 nites a week n i do no the inner workings of this kingdom .#1 there was a letter # 2 that letter did not say get off in 24 hours or something would happen. Please address me with repect as i respect you. I don't no everything just as you don't. If the leader preached a sermon, idid not hear as i don't travel everywhere .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr waaasssuuup 701,449
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... 1 hr Fred 4
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr '18 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr '18 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr '18 helpful links 40