United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
Evangelist

Concord, CA

#4841 Apr 11, 2013
No other name but jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you felt the holy ghost there was because you were worshipping God an not daddy I would probably shout an speak in tongues too because u can feel the spirit when u worship the true an living god! Now if you felt something calling on daddy that I can't believe because there is no power in the name of daddy!
Well no I did not call on the name of Daddy because prior to speaking to Cultastic, I did not understand it. Yes I am filled with the Holy Ghost and I was worshipping the Lord! I just remember feeling down in my belly the mighty burning fire of the Holy Ghost which is the same feeling of God's presence I feel at Faith Tabernacle of Praise!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4842 Apr 11, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
Im not going there with you One man leadership. I'm at a good place right now and I will not let you destroy that. It is what I said, "people" lie. Don't twist it. Or should I say there are some evil people in this world.
Greetings strong sister. I won't hash over details. However, following your logic you say that "people" lie. The Daddys were/are people. Therefore, we can safely conclude that the Daddys lie. Now I'm not trying to put words in your mouth or twist what you're saying. I'm just making an intellectual observation based upon your statements. A lie is the truth until the truth exposed.

The only disheartening part to those of us like One man Leadership, Gee-Tee, I Am Free and many others is that you are completely shutting down even when faced with the truth or concrete evidence. It's no knock to you but I can tell you from first hand experience your leadership believes that you are too stupid and controlled to ever question them or second guess their actions.

I'll close with this. I'm not sure how old you are but I'm sure at some point or another you've heard this statement in the UHOP. "Even if EVERYONE in the UHOP is wrong don't leave because the UHOP is right." Please with an open mind read that statement and think about why they constantly repeat that statement. The establishment is there to control every aspect of your life so that they may have a certain quality of life on earth. They are cashing in "literally" on your sincere desire to serve the Creator. It's in your nature as an Afrikaan to be respectful of authority.

I'm sorry this post was so long sweet sister. You may not know it or think so I can assure you that my intentions are not evil or for your detriment.
saved

United States

#4843 Apr 11, 2013
Everything you read in print is not true! First of all Daddy McCollough had money before he became the Bishop of the UHOP. Lets clear this up right now! You r very disrespecful his name is Bishop Baily not puffy n you want people to listen to you. I have not seen anyone on this post calling you other then the title you have posted now back to Daddy McCollough he paid the entire cost of Daddy Graces funeral plus the cost of the class coffin that had to be made he did not use a dime of the House of Prayer money the glass coffin cost 20,000 dollars alone! thar does not include the rest of the cost of transportin the body from state to state or funeral home charges. Daddy McCollough family had money dating back to his family in Great falls SC you truely need to stop trying to marr his name you will never make any of us believe that he spend any of the kingdoms money any thing other then building this kingdom! Please get ur info straight n also Bishop Bailey did not say stay off the interent he said to stay off facebook n my space due to negativty stop twisting things.
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#4844 Apr 11, 2013
And again, I am not going to go back and forth with you guys. You want me to believe what you think is true or putting out but I will not. How about you all go and explore other options of trying to "educate" UHOP members, so you say. Stop trying to pull people your way. Its not happening people.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4845 Apr 11, 2013
saved wrote:
Everything you read in print is not true! First of all Daddy McCollough had money before he became the Bishop of the UHOP. Lets clear this up right now! You r very disrespecful his name is Bishop Baily not puffy n you want people to listen to you. I have not seen anyone on this post calling you other then the title you have posted now back to Daddy McCollough he paid the entire cost of Daddy Graces funeral plus the cost of the class coffin that had to be made he did not use a dime of the House of Prayer money the glass coffin cost 20,000 dollars alone! thar does not include the rest of the cost of transportin the body from state to state or funeral home charges. Daddy McCollough family had money dating back to his family in Great falls SC you truely need to stop trying to marr his name you will never make any of us believe that he spend any of the kingdoms money any thing other then building this kingdom! Please get ur info straight n also Bishop Bailey did not say stay off the interent he said to stay off facebook n my space due to negativty stop twisting things.
Dear young UHOP warrior please tell us more about Bishop McCollough's family from SC and where/how they obtained their wealth. Bishop McCollough had a brother that was affectionately known as Uncle Boss who was a preacher in the UHOP. You're probably to young to know of him. At any rate I can promise you that he wasn't wealthy. Why didn't he have access to the McCollough estate and riches from SC like Bishop McCollough? I want to be clear that I don't know the answers to these questions but I would challenge you to THINK and question if the claims of Bishop McCollough being wealthy before assuming the Daddy title are true.

Let's just take your theory and believe that Bishop McCollough paid all of Bishop Grace's funeral expenses from his personal funds/wealth. If in fact this is true I'm 100% certain that he and his family got those monies back from the UHOP with interest still being paid today. I'm not trying to tear down Bishop McCollough's reputation but you're implying that he had wealth in excess of "millions" of dollars in the 50s and 60s, or at least more than enough to pay for that elaborate funeral and still be financially stable.

The UHOP had untold wealth when Bishop Grace passed away and you want us to believe that McCollough decided to take money from his wife and children to pay for Grace's funeral instead of using the UHOP's resources. Meanwhile the UHOP's resources can be used to purchase a custom Maybach for the current occupant of the seat. Give us a logical reason behind why he would do that. Are you thinking that he loved Bishop Grace so much that he would tap into his personal fortune so that Grace could have the best funeral ever? Is it possible that Grace had life insurance policies? We in fact know that he was selling life insurance to his members.

I can not give you solid facts about how Bishop Grace's funeral was paid for but I suggest you not be so convinced that everything you've been told in the UHOP is true regarding this matter.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4846 Apr 11, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
Im not going there with you One man leadership. I'm at a good place right now and I will not let you destroy that. It is what I said, "people" lie. Don't twist it. Or should I say there are some evil people in this world.
I understand what you are saying. I'm just saying you have to be able to stand by what you say. People do lie. All the time, but if you don't know the truth for yourself then you can't call it a lie. So you have to take it at face value. And agree until proven wrong.

This is why our court systems says innocent until proven guilty. Which men's the story is true until its proven false. Which also means you have to agree.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4847 Apr 11, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
And again, I am not going to go back and forth with you guys. You want me to believe what you think is true or putting out but I will not. How about you all go and explore other options of trying to "educate" UHOP members, so you say. Stop trying to pull people your way. Its not happening people.
\

No one wants you to believe what we THINK is true. We want you to believe what is true. The truth can withstand the test of questioning. How can we explore options of educating UHOP members when they are convinced that the UHOP truth is the only one that is valid. You don't have to go my crazy way but in contrast you can go your own way and not Daddy's way. Unfortunately, you believe that you are doing your own will and that you KNOW what you're doing. When in reality you are doing exactly what another MAN wants you to do with regard to GOD's plan for your life.

You're absolutely correct. Educating you is likely not going to happen. However, that doesn't deter us from at least attempting to enlighten you.

BTW you again didn't respond to any FACTS you were presented with. You don't have to go back and forth with me. However, the fact that you're on this site gives an indication that you at least go back and forth with yourself about what's really being perpetuated in the UHOP. Interesting part is that your leadership is way too busy to address the obvious discontent of members. In contrast members are defending Daddy relentlessly. REALLY

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4848 Apr 11, 2013
Evangelist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no I did not call on the name of Daddy because prior to speaking to Cultastic, I did not understand it. Yes I am filled with the Holy Ghost and I was worshipping the Lord! I just remember feeling down in my belly the mighty burning fire of the Holy Ghost which is the same feeling of God's presence I feel at Faith Tabernacle of Praise!
Please understand no one is saying God is not there. Worshipping God is an individual thing it is not done by masses, for you will be born alone and you will die alone. Having said that God felt your praise and in return he touched you. Not all members today follow the daddy thing. They just refuse to leave because the party is so good. When I say party I mean the singing and the band. playing. But no real substance is being taught there.

Many members have scriptures from Joel Olstein and Tapes of t d jakes so that they can get the word. God is everywhere if you have love in your heart you will find him close by. He is also here in this site. I'm not telling you to not go I the hop I'm telling you God is the key and not any man.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4849 Apr 11, 2013
I’m inclined to believe you Cultastic, UHOP_ Believer/Deceiver is one of Puffy clones, lucking around this board collecting feed back on what’s being said. So he can come back with all his confusing scriptures trying to throw us off our game.

Why haven’t he explained Puffy behavior on hitting an Elder. Puffy is truly out of control. He might just be another Jim Jones testing the waters with his people just before they drink the kool-aid.
Remember McCollough said the wrong man could get into that seat if we they were not careful.

Not one member felt his conduct was unbecoming of the one they call their Savior. If Puffy had hit a child he would be in jail for child abuse. So what’s Puffy plan, he’s going to beat his spirit into you. Just asking

I told you poor men could not lead this organization. Puffy greed is going to over power him. Just continue to watch him, check out his size, check out his eyes, and just check him out period. Just saying

By the way I call him Puffy as I see him. He abused his wife, I don’t have to respect a wife beaters. As for McCollough’s wealth, I’d pay for your funeral if my returns were going to be 100%.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4850 Apr 11, 2013
saved wrote:
Everything you read in print is not true!
Do you think I'm printing Public Knowledge
prince rod

United States

#4851 Apr 11, 2013
One night with the king, Changes everything. One day in his courts, Did forever, change my course. One moment, in his presence, And I've never been the same. One night with the king changes everything. One night with the king, Changes everything. One day in his courts, Could forever, change your course. One moment, in his presence, And you'll never been the same. One night with the king changes everything. This is my testimony. From the desert, to the king; It had been my destiny, To be chosen, for such a time as this. Ididn't know that all my dreams, Could become realities, Then I saw his face And his love captured me, yeah. One night with the king, It changes everything. One day in his courts, It will forever change your course. (O yeah maybe some night it's) Just one moment, in his presence; Just one moment, in his presence; Hooo one moment, in his presence; And you'll never been the same. One night with the king it changes; One day in his his courts it changes; One night with the king it changes, O yes it does, everything. Ohhhh Iknow that it; Iknow that, it changes; It changes everything Yeah yes it does............ The house of prayer is god work, not man if the hop isn't for you moved on if not get up in stand and do something beside getting on a blog site sneak dissing on a church just cause you don't like how it run or who running it ppl kill me with that he say she say stuff but never have no proof of nothing they saying I feel like this god is in the hop I have find peace joy and happiness in the hop this is not brainwash this is a spiritual thang god is real Jesus is real its power in his name my prayers go out to the ppl that does not have nun better to do but worried and thank about the hop at less we kno we are on yall mind god is good not some but all the time
Try Jesus

Pico Rivera, CA

#4852 Apr 11, 2013
prince rod wrote:
One night with the king, Changes everything. One day in his courts, Did forever, change my course. One moment, in his presence, And I've never been the same. One night with the king changes everything. One night with the king, Changes everything. One day in his courts, Could forever, change your course. One moment, in his presence, And you'll never been the same. One night with the king changes everything. This is my testimony. From the desert, to the king; It had been my destiny, To be chosen, for such a time as this. Ididn't know that all my dreams, Could become realities, Then I saw his face And his love captured me, yeah. One night with the king, It changes everything. One day in his courts, It will forever change your course.(O yeah maybe some night it's) Just one moment, in his presence; Just one moment, in his presence; Hooo one moment, in his presence; And you'll never been the same. One night with the king it changes; One day in his his courts it changes; One night with the king it changes, O yes it does, everything. Ohhhh Iknow that it; Iknow that, it changes; It changes everything Yeah yes it does.......... The house of prayer is god work, not man if the hop isn't for you moved on if not get up in stand and do something beside getting on a blog site sneak dissing on a church just cause you don't like how it run or who running it ppl kill me with that he say she say stuff but never have no proof of nothing they saying I feel like this god is in the hop I have find peace joy and happiness in the hop this is not brainwash this is a spiritual thang god is real Jesus is real its power in his name my prayers go out to the ppl that does not have nun better to do but worried and thank about the hop at less we kno we are on yall mind god is good not some but all the time
Clearly you have not been brain washed at all. Inorder to be brain washed you would have had to have a brain to begin with. Sir after reading your comments you need to spend more time in a basic English writing class. Again if you're attempting to justify the actions of Bailey then continue down the ignorant road. The comments made are facts and most members of the hop now realize something is wrong with the leader. Tell me one thing, if the head is wrong, How can the body be right?
Eyes on Christ

United States

#4853 Apr 12, 2013
There is something truly absent from the committed UHOP member on this site. In reading hundreds of post by people who are laying the truth down in the most simplest terms, providing proof, and explaining that which it's logical even sharing personal victim stories.....there is something ABSENT in the United House of Prayer or no prayer member. Something is wrong!(a loud exclamation)

How could you not at least look into it?

Whats missung? Desire, interest, hunger, and courage for the truth. How can you easily ignore these statements without asking about them, looking into it. Jesus simply said " knock and the doors will be open, seek and you should find". That's the missing component in the member that chooses to turn their backs on all the info that has been shared. They don't want the truth! They are sitting on a pot of proof, everytime they attend a service...their witnessing many of the things that have been shared, yet they ignore. They don't want the truth. If they did, they will start knocking. The problem is.....your not truly listening, reading for understanding. Instead, you are placing a dark cloth over your eyes and walking around blind; and in doing so....you are paving your way to eternal death.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4854 Apr 12, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
They don't want the truth!
Not only do they not want or desire the truth. They are dangerously convinced that they know "all" truth. None of them will blatantly say it here but they trust and believe Daddy unconditionally. What they are not admitting is questioning Daddy or the UHOP traditions to them would mean that they are doubting their "FAITH". The word faith is completely misused in the UHOP and that's why so many people are confused right now. Membership to a church denomination is NOT your faith dearest loved ones. You attend a church and you worship in a building with the name on it. However, your faith is in the Creator and his son NOT any specific church organization.

Most of my sisters and brothers would rather close their eyes and pray a lie away than face it and address it so that the organization does not continue to make the same careless mistakes. This mindset has been perpetuated since day one. Older members of the UHOP have always said the same thing prince rod said: "You can't believe everything you read about the UHOP and Daddy Grace. They're trying to devour us." Classic cult-like organization rhetoric put out by the leader; isolate members from outside information and influence. Demonize those who don't subscribe to the leader and his/her teachings.

Let me correct my mighty UHOP sisters and brothers. Bishop Bailey did not say stay off of Facebook because in his sermon he didn't even know what it was called. I don't even think he knows what the term "social media/networking" is. The only way he knows it exists is somebody who works for him that is computer savvy showed him. He's soooooo busy that all he has time to do is monitor your internet usage. So somehow now he's the internet sin police?

I love sharing quotes with my sisters and brothers. Knowing how everyone in the UHOP loves to get dressed in their Sunday best the following quote is very fitting. "You can never be overdressed or overeducated."~~Oscar Wilde
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4855 Apr 12, 2013
Everyone talks about hearsay so this morning I decided to post some quotes from Bishop Grace in plain language with my source so that it can be verified.

"I want all of my homes to have the record Three Cheers for Daddy Grace playing when I arrive in the city. This is good advertisement and a beautiful song that should never be forgotten and put aside. If this is not done I will not come. Notify me ahead of time whether or this will be done so that I will know whether to stop there or not."

Source:
Grace, C. M.(1993). EPISTLES of Bishop C. M. Grace Bishop W. McCollough Bishop S. C. Madison The United House of Prayer for all People. page 33, letter dated 16 May 1956 from Philadelphia, PA.

In summary if you don't play the song honoring me I'm not visiting you. This is "GOD's Prophet's" message to his members. Yet you contend that you don't worship a man. Keep in mind this is not something hidden it was likely read to all of the congregations.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4856 Apr 12, 2013
This one is especially for prince rod who believes that Daddy didn't have any spare time for his "extra-curricular" activities.

"I had a great fight with the government concerning income tax. I came out on top with victory. I won the case Tuesday, July 9, 1935. Don't you call that good news? Give a victory reception and make things big so that we can invite many big folks. You must make things big because after this I am going for a long vacation. Make this convocation better than any we ever had."

Source:
Grace, C. M.(1993). EPISTLES of Bishop C. M. Grace Bishop W. McCollough Bishop S. C. Madison The United House of Prayer for all People. page 33 paragraph 2, letter dated 10 July 1935 from Washington, DC.

There are so many things I can say about this excerpt. First of all he basically said make sure my money is right (do things big) so that I can go on vacation. Now was it him who had IRS troubles or the UHOP; notice how vague he was. Ironically, the day after his "case" involving the government and money he's asking for more money but he won the case.
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

#4857 Apr 12, 2013
The UHOP is on your brain 24-7 but you are so against it. Now thats strange. Clearly you all have nothing more to do than to sit around and discuss the "wrong" about the UHOP. And wait for it...
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4858 Apr 12, 2013
Dear @SMH--Literally

No the UHOP is not on my brain 24/7 but you are and people like you. You know how like when the Daddy says he's constantly praying and thinking about you. Only difference is that I'm being honest.

Since you think I do nothing but discuss or "think" about your church, I'll open the platform for you to discuss anything you want right now from an intellectual perspective.

Give us your views on the state of Israel and Zionism in contrast to Judiasm and it's effects on the Western world. How about we discuss the Islamic state of Iran and it's view of democracy verses the "Christian" government of the US and it's view democracy.

To the contrary the ONLY thing on your mind is the UHOP 24/7. I personally look forward to the day when you reflect on your thoughts and realize just how short sided your thinking is regarding discussions about a simple church. I can respond with a 4,000 character post in less than 15 or 20 minutes so please don't flatter yourchurch believing that I'm wasting huge amounts of time thinking about the UHOP. In fact while I'm typing this message I'm cooking for my daughter and prepping for an event I'm catering tomorrow. AT THE SAME TIME.

I will however, take all the time necessary to get a bright mind like yours to awaken. Just FTR I nor any of the UHOP escapees invited you to this site you found your way here, or maybe GOD led you here. Just food for thought.

S/N I really fancy your tenacity,stubborn nature, and will to win attitude; albeit ill-placed I appreciate your passion.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4859 Apr 12, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
The UHOP is on your brain 24-7 but you are so against it. Now thats strange. Clearly you all have nothing more to do than to sit around and discuss the "wrong" about the UHOP. And wait for it...
Why do you keep coming back too respond? Because You know deep down within, what we are saying is true. You are hoping we trip up and it will give you a reason not to think. We realize this is a very hard pill to sallow. We also realize its going to take a while for you to see the light of day. You have been in darkness far too long. That's why we keep responding, in the hopes we can touch someone like you.

You're like the child that just found out your Mom is not your real mom. Once the shock wears off, things fall into place, My advice to you, pick up your Bible and read. Start with the "Glad Text" of the Bible like the Book of Psalms. You don't have to be scared into serving the Lord.

Stay in the UHOP if that's what you like, just don't become prey to their teachings. You can be in something, but not be of something. Follow your mind, not the mind of others.

Don't make waves, just watch, remember if you don't have enough people willing to overthrow, you will stand alone. If you give them ten cents, give yourself twenty. just make sure you take just as much care for yourself as you do for others. And most of all, think outside of the box, you are fenced in.
Caught between a rock and a hard place.

If you are going to have a conviction, make it stand for the right things. I love and respect you, with out strings attached. That's one off the things God want, not a monetary contribution.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#4860 Apr 12, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
Everyone talks about hearsay so this morning I decided to post some quotes from Bishop Grace in plain language with my source so that it can be verified.
"I want all of my homes to have the record Three Cheers for Daddy Grace playing when I arrive in the city. This is good advertisement and a beautiful song that should never be forgotten and put aside. If this is not done I will not come. Notify me ahead of time whether or this will be done so that I will know whether to stop there or not."
Source:
Grace, C. M.(1993). EPISTLES of Bishop C. M. Grace Bishop W. McCollough Bishop S. C. Madison The United House of Prayer for all People. page 33, letter dated 16 May 1956 from Philadelphia, PA.
In summary if you don't play the song honoring me I'm not visiting you. This is "GOD's Prophet's" message to his members. Yet you contend that you don't worship a man. Keep in mind this is not something hidden it was likely read to all of the congregations.
All about him. Training the people to get excited about the man. This is the origination of the band blowing when Daddy comes in.....making it standard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Tony17 574,320
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) 57 min Islam Forbids 5
Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) 1 hr swedenforever 29
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... 6 hr swedenforever 11
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Tue Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mar 2 Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
More from around the web