United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10521 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4821 Apr 10, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
Cultastic, I dont want the ill feelings at all. Yes I know you well but it hurts when you have people that want to continue to tell you something that they have heard and want you to research. Like I stated before, I never have been through these issues so that is something that I do not wish to explore. Now I have older cousins who were maids and expressed how they were pinched by Daddy McCollough, but that did not discourage me from being a maid. So not saying to turn the cheek but a lot of the things claimed to have happened I have not witnessed its always hearsay so I cant say yes this is true. Jesus was talked about in his day and the saga continues because it is never gonna end. Now I must say I am not as faithful as I should be because of me persuing my BA in Business Admin but I am still non the less committed to the UHOP. To me if feels like how the first post started about someone expressing their feelings about missing Daddy Madison and then people just start in on negativety about the UHOP. Its not fair, I know its life, but this is what the UHOP have dealt with for years.
I would have to call you a doubting Thomas. Because you need to actually witnessed something in order to believe it. Well how can you say you believe in Jesus whom you have never seen or touched. Unless you say u believe in him through daddy. In which I would say there is your golden calf.

Or your going to have to change your position in not believing the things you have not seen. If you would like to be frank. The entire bible is hearsay. Not one soul from 1882 to today was alive when the pages were written let alone when the actual story took place. Which makes it hearsay in a court of law.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4822 Apr 10, 2013
prince rod wrote:
you say you been rape when does the bishop have time to rape someone when he always busy dealing with court and church and business how so its all false in even if it is tru why you didn't step up in expose him or them why wait now in tell every one on a blog site
Grace had lots of time to enjoy his sexual desires my brother. He stayed in Cuba for two to three months at a time and he would take young girls and women with him when he went. Again for those of you who don’t believe my word please get your hands on some of your earlier UHOP literature. You’ll see countless stories of maids testifying that they were “blessed” by Daddy Grace to be taken to Cuba. Some of the women actually believed that having sex with the prophet was what they were supposed to do. They considered it an honor. Please don’t be that naïve my young brother.

In one of Bishop Grace's "epistles" from Cuba dated Feb. 5, 1947 he bolstered claims of "lawyers, doctors, and teachers" joining the UHOP there. He talked about a girl who had twenty-four hours to live and the doctors called for him before they would operate. Of course the story ends with her living and joining the UHOP. My dear bright minds of course he didn't mention anything specific about her illness, and furthermore show me one person of Cuban descent in the UHOP. I'll even settle for an American born Cuban brother or sister. If there was a UHOP there what happened to it? What happened to his home he had there?

THINK people, if he can get you to believe those types of stories it increases your belief in him as some type of "deity". Keep in mind those poor uneducated black people would be in awe at the idea that lawyers, doctors, and teachers were joining the UHOP in foreign lands. It's 2013 and we're still falling for the same spiritual banana in the tail pipe.

Again I say to my UHOP sisters and brothers the problem is that you're falsely believing that these men are more than just MEN. Even if they are/were blessed with the gift of healing they're still just MEN. Doctors perform medical miracles/healings everyday, do you consider them A SAVIOR? If we ever get to the point where we see them for exactly who they are I believe that many of the problems in the UHOP can be fixed. Until then it's going to continue in it's spiritually oppressive state.

"The greatest weapon that the oppressor has in his hand is the mind of the oppressed."~~Clarence Glover.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4823 Apr 10, 2013
One man leadership wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to call you a doubting Thomas. Because you need to actually witnessed something in order to believe it. Well how can you say you believe in Jesus whom you have never seen or touched. Unless you say u believe in him through daddy. In which I would say there is your golden calf.
Or your going to have to change your position in not believing the things you have not seen. If you would like to be frank. The entire bible is hearsay. Not one soul from 1882 to today was alive when the pages were written let alone when the actual story took place. Which makes it hearsay in a court of law.
Well said.... You're an excellent lawyer my brother LOL
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4824 Apr 10, 2013
TSB wrote:
<quoted text>
quick question... How does one obtain official status of a Bishop? Also, isn't it true that Grace ordained himself Bishop?
acctually anyone can answer. I'd like to know
The Bishop is elected by 2/3 (refer to how the Pope is elected) of the majority vote in a General Assembly consisting of the clergy and members of the different UHOP congregations. I don't know exactly how to answer the question about Bishop Grace's ordination. However, I think it's safe to say he ordained himself to be many things LOL. I try not to speak on things regarding the UHOP without at least some basic factual information. However, I have heard that early on in his ministry he hooked up with Bishop Mason and the COGIC. In fact some of the older preachers like Apostle Martin here in DC came from the COGIC. It's quite plausible that he studied and practiced with other AA preachers including but not limited to Noble Drew Ali and Father Divine. Like everything else surrounding Grace it's hard to get concrete evidence to support whether or not it's true or not.
TSB

Ardsley, NY

#4825 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice..... Now that's a Cuuuuud God auuhh mighty!!! Lol
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4826 Apr 10, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil has a way of making friends, and dragging them into darkness. You are only trying to remove them from the darkness. You are young enough to be my child. I am so glad the things I have learned has reached another generation. Thank you for your wisdom. I am never too old to learn new things at my age from tghe youth.
Thank you for not allowing evil to continue to triumph.
I am humbled by your strength. The fact that your credibility is constantly under attack and you still stand for the GOD that kept you through your lowest times is admirable. I really have a true disdain for those who don't at least open up to the idea of listening to your story and soaking up all of your wisdom.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4827 Apr 10, 2013
If they can’t distinguish right from wrong with what’s going on in the UHOP. How are they going to hear Gods voice? They have been trained so long not to think outside the box. Puffy has a Church full of None Thinkers. If you think, you will question. Getting a Higher Education is not helping some of them. College is supposed to teach you to think for yourself.

They can quote a lot of things they heard. Very few can quote what they know.

When the Preacher quotes the scriptures, why don’t you have a Bible to follow along? My Mom use to write the scriptures down that were quoted and would reread them at home. One day I heard her say. That’s not what that meant.
She checked it for herself.

These members are judging us by their feelings, they feel good by the music of the bands, and “Music can soothe the Savage Beast”. Therefore they feel nothing else.

So many doors have open for them to examine the truth. Yet they choose to close their mind. They see only the bad in those who are trying to help them. Come out of the darkness and let Gods light shine for you people, Start thinking for yourself.

Hear my voice no matter whomever it comes through, said the Lord. God is not speaking through Puffy, if God can speak to Puffy, he can’t speak to you. Are you saying God has only certain children he speaks to? You are Gods child also. What kind of father would only speak to some of his children, and not the others? This is just plain common sense.

Again I will say,“No Man who claims God sent him is suppose to live higher then the people he is leading”. Puffy don’t care about you, he cares about your Money. If you’re right, prove me wrong, stop giving.

(I just want one Bishop to think about its members. If they have that kind of Knowledge and Power to brain wash their people, Do it to better the people. Why keep your people oppress. Haven’t Black Folks had enough of Oppression? Train your Members to think for themselves. Give them a reason for living other then serving a Man. Since you have that control, make a highly Educated Black Community that would stun the World.) Maybe I’m asking for too much.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4828 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Your faith " hop". Contradicts what u are saying. McCollough said the worst one in the hop is better than the best one out of the hop. He also said in order to go to heaven a soul had to come through the hop.
Really?
That doesn't sound absurd to you?
Bishop One man Leadership our dearest Return Elder @UHOP_Believer is not going to respond to this. He's very predictable. He typically comes in when the heat is turned up on the UHOP on the site and creates what I would consider diversions or distractions. I don't think he believes half the bularky he posts. However, he knows that if he floods the board with twisted scripture and illogical information the truth with be missed. He is hell bent on keeping the truth from being discussed. I'm not exactly sure why but I have my theories.

It may not be true but I believe he's a preacher in the UHOP. He may even be working directly with the Bishop keeping a close watch on the content of the site. Either way I'm 100% convinced that he knows better.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4829 Apr 10, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
Again I will say,“No Man who claims God sent him is suppose to live higher then the people he is leading”. Puffy don’t care about you, he cares about your Money. If you’re right, prove me wrong, stop giving.
^^^ This is a very powerful statement. I completely agree. If our UHOP sisters and brothers want to really figure out what the TRUTH is I too propose that they stop giving money. Clearly there has to be an abundance of filthy lucre at the leadership's disposal because the organization has built more condos and luxury apartments (which BTW most members can't afford to live in) than church edifices under Bishop Bailey's management. Therefore, if they were to stop paying the money, the mortgage free churches SHOULD still be able to function fully. There should be a 90+ year surplus including interest that would pay the monthly bills for the 130+ buildings until the truth is told. Wait sounds like I'm trying to organie a UHOP revolution, LOL; I digress. Moving on that is in fact if the monies have been properly allocated.

As the mighty Gee-Tee so eloquently said: "If you’re right, prove me (I say US) wrong, stop giving." Outstanding moment of introspection for my beautiful UHOP sisters and brothers to ponder. Especially in lieu of the fact that most of the members acknowledge both secretly and publicly that there are many problems within the organization that NEED to be addressed. Believe me your Bishop and his leadership FEARS you coming into the knowledge of their deception. Ironically, they teach what's done in the dark will come to the light. Seems like they might want to pay PEPCO to keep the electricity off of their madness. NEWSFLASH: It's already exposed.

AGAPE
Evangelist

United States

#4830 Apr 10, 2013
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions and anybody can answer that knows... I have some family members that belong to UHOP and a couple of friends and none of them will answer my questions. I have been to a few services and I enjoyed it although everything I will admit I do not understand. My first question is, why are some of the songs where clearly "Jesus" name should fit in is replaced with "daddy?" My second question is why was I the only person reading my bible along with the man who was reading for the bishop?(a couple people looked at me strange) My third question is why when the people went into a praise outside of speaking in tongues I mainly heard "thank you daddy?" My last question is why after each choir sung, the band played and the people went crazy until the band stopped? I'm just trying to get understanding. the last thing is not a question but an observation. I went to eat with a friend of mine and I asked him to say the grace since he was the man and he ended it with in the precious name of daddy bailey. What was that about? When I ask them all these questions I get no where. The family I have that belong there and the few friends all are good people but they will not tell me why they do what they do, ecept in a round about way that makes no sense to me.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4831 Apr 10, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Bishop One man Leadership our dearest Return Elder @UHOP_Believer is not going to respond to this. He's very predictable. He typically comes in when the heat is turned up on the UHOP on the site and creates what I would consider diversions or distractions. I don't think he believes half the bularky he posts. However, he knows that if he floods the board with twisted scripture and illogical information the truth with be missed. He is hell bent on keeping the truth from being discussed. I'm not exactly sure why but I have my theories.
It may not be true but I believe he's a preacher in the UHOP. He may even be working directly with the Bishop keeping a close watch on the content of the site. Either way I'm 100% convinced that he knows better.
makes sense. Lol.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4832 Apr 10, 2013
Evangelist wrote:
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions and anybody can answer that knows...
Greetings @Evangelist. I’ll see if I can answer your questions and provide some clarity.

Why are some of the songs where clearly "Jesus" name should fit in is replaced with "daddy?" < In short they believe when they sing “Daddy” they are referring to "Christ" spirit in the man. Therefore by singing Daddy they believe they are also giving honor to Christ. However, it’s very confusing because they also give the natural man the title/pet name “Daddy”. So you have Daddy the spirit in the man and you have Daddy the natural man. Not to offend anyone but it only makes sense to those who were taught it before they even knew their own name. Very few people who weren’t born in it can grasp the confusion associated with the “Daddy” concept.

“My second question is why was I the only person reading my bible along with the man who was reading for the bishop?” < I wish I could give you a really intellectual answer but the truth is that UHOP members do not really read the bible. In fact many of them don’t read at all, but I digress. They associate the word of GOD with the emotionalism of the music and good feelings in the worship services. Studying the scripture takes a back seat as long as they can get the great “feeling” in services. Note they believe that GOD speaks through the Bishop or Prophet therefore they pay more attention to what he says than the scripture. So we can safely conclude that the Bishop’s words are the Word of GOD to them. Therefore, no true emphasis on reading the word of GOD for yourself. They loosely promote the Sunday School for bible study but the lessons are not that accurate for lack of a better word.

Why when the people went into a praise outside of speaking in tongues I mainly heard "thank you daddy?" < Refer to my answer to your first question. Daddy represents the Christ spirit in their minds. I submit that basically it’s a matter or repeating what they’ve been taught. The phrase “thank you Daddy” is what they’ve been hearing from birth. Basically it’s a form of normative conformity in many of their unorthodox practices.

“Why after each choir sung, the band played and the people went crazy until the band stopped?” < In order to feel the spirit of GOD they are taught they have to shout, speak in tongues etc. I’ll speak for myself and say that when I was in it I did it simply because everyone else did it. At the time when I was a member I sincerely believed that shouting the way everyone else did was the only true way to worship GOD. My UHOP sisters and brothers will certainly dispute me on this answer. However, if they are in other worship settings where everyone doesn’t “dance” the same they are completely alienated. If its a simple praise like holding up holy hands to the MOST HIGH many would comment and feel that there’s “no spirit” in the church.

Hope this helps. BTW you likely will not get direct answers from members. Most of the traditions cannot be explained or don’t make sense. In addition the typical posture of a UHOP member is to get defensive when questioned about their beliefs especially when you can show them in the bible that certain practices don’t line up with the word of GOD. I have come to conclude that the UHOP is it's own religion. Therefore comparing it to Christianity would be very difficult.

AGAPE
Evangelist

United States

#4833 Apr 10, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings @Evangelist. I’ll see if I can answer your questions and provide some clarity.
Why are some of the songs where clearly "Jesus" name should fit in is replaced with "daddy?" < In short they believe when they sing “Daddy” they are referring to "Christ" spirit in the man. Therefore by singing Daddy they believe they are also giving honor to Christ. However, it’s very confusing because they also give the natural man the title/pet name “Daddy”. So you have Daddy the spirit in the man and you have Daddy the natural man. Not to offend anyone but it only makes sense to those who were taught it before they even knew their own name. Very few people who weren’t born in it can grasp the confusion associated with the “Daddy” concept.
“My second question is why was I the only person reading my bible along with the man who was reading for the bishop?” < I wish I could give you a really intellectual answer but the truth is that UHOP members do not really read the bible. In fact many of them don’t read at all, but I digress. They associate the word of GOD with the emotionalism of the music and good feelings in the worship services. Studying the scripture takes a back seat as long as they can get the great “feeling” in services. Note they believe that GOD speaks through the Bishop or Prophet therefore they pay more attention to what he says than the scripture. So we can safely conclude that the Bishop’s words are the Word of GOD to them. Therefore, no true emphasis on reading the word of GOD for yourself. They loosely promote the Sunday School for bible study but the lessons are not that accurate for lack of a better word.
The phrase “thank you Daddy” is what they’ve been hearing from birth. Basically it’s a form of normative conformity in many of their unorthodox practices.
“Why after each choir sung, the band played and the people went crazy until the band stopped?” < In order to feel the spirit of GOD they are taught they have to shout, speak in tongues etc. I’ll speak for myself and say that when I was in it I did it simply because everyone else did it. At the time when I was a member I sincerely believed that shouting the way everyone else did was the only true way to worship GOD. My UHOP sisters and brothers will certainly dispute me on this answer. However, if they are in other worship settings where everyone doesn’t “dance” the same they are completely alienated. If its a simple praise like holding up holy hands to the MOST HIGH many would comment and feel that there’s “no spirit” in the church.
Hope this helps. BTW you likely will not get direct answers from members. Most of the traditions cannot be explained or don’t make sense. In addition the typical posture of a UHOP member is to get defensive when questioned about their beliefs especially when you can show them in the bible that certain practices don’t line up with the word of GOD. I have come to conclude that the UHOP is it's own religion. Therefore comparing it to Christianity would be very difficult.
AGAPE
Thank you for sharing this with me. I have asked questions over and over when I felt safe it was ok because sometimes you can tell you are striking a nerve. I go to a non denomination church but we have an apostolic/pentacostal feel so I get speaking in tongues etc. The whole "daddy spirit" thing is still odd but it makes sense. My family that goes there were not brought up UHOP. My family was bapatist My aunt and an uncle went to Howard U in DC in the 60s and lived with some cousins and that's where they went to church. When they returned home they kept going and still go. Aside from the allegations, what is your theological perception of UHOP? I ask because I'm not crazy and I know the Holy Ghost when I feel him, and there was a witness in my belly while I was there a time or two.
Evangelist

United States

#4834 Apr 10, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Why when the people went into a praise outside of speaking in tongues I mainly heard "thank you daddy?" < Refer to my answer to your first question. Daddy represents the Christ spirit in their minds. I submit that basically it’s a matter or repeating what they’ve been taught. The phrase “thank you Daddy” is what they’ve been hearing from birth. Basically it’s a form of normative conformity in many of their unorthodox practices.
AGAPE
Thank you Cultastic! I understand it a little better now.
Eyes-On-Christ

Columbia, SC

#4835 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
God is working through you!!!! My! My! MY!! If one doesn't find a way to apply their logic through this shared statement than there is no hope; they are refusing to humble themselves if they can't catch on to this! You nailed it.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4836 Apr 10, 2013
I never wanted to go here, but the truth has got to be told. I asked an ex-member why she stopped going; her reply was she was leading a lie. She had seek for the holy ghost for over a week. She never did receive it, she just pretended. She admitted she always felt good because of the music, but she was perpetrating a lie.

How many of you shout because you can. Some of you shout on cue. It’s like being at a party, if the right song is played the dance floor is covered.

There are so many questions that need to be answered. I know there's a God because I can feel him. But Gods spirit is the only spirit we should be feeling. Haven’t you heard of evil spirits, you have to be very careful of the spirits you take on.

You grace Puffy hand with money and you start to shout. Why are you still paying for him to bless you? If God sent him, God did not tell him you had to pay.

Just because someone knocks on your door, don’t mean you have to let them in.
No other name but jesus

Rome, GA

#4837 Apr 10, 2013
Evangelist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing this with me. I have asked questions over and over when I felt safe it was ok because sometimes you can tell you are striking a nerve. I go to a non denomination church but we have an apostolic/pentacostal feel so I get speaking in tongues etc. The whole "daddy spirit" thing is still odd but it makes sense. My family that goes there were not brought up UHOP. My family was bapatist My aunt and an uncle went to Howard U in DC in the 60s and lived with some cousins and that's where they went to church. When they returned home they kept going and still go. Aside from the allegations, what is your theological perception of UHOP? I ask because I'm not crazy and I know the Holy Ghost when I feel him, and there was a witness in my belly while I was there a time or two.
The reason you felt the holy ghost there was because you were worshipping God an not daddy I would probably shout an speak in tongues too because u can feel the spirit when u worship the true an living god! Now if you felt something calling on daddy that I can't believe because there is no power in the name of daddy!
SMH---Literally

Great Mills, MD

#4838 Apr 10, 2013
Im not going there with you One man leadership. I'm at a good place right now and I will not let you destroy that. It is what I said, "people" lie. Don't twist it. Or should I say there are some evil people in this world.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4839 Apr 10, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
Im not going there with you One man leadership. I'm at a good place right now and I will not let you destroy that. It is what I said, "people" lie. Don't twist it. Or should I say there are some evil people in this world.
Why don’t you read this article about McCollough Airs how rich they are? They don’t even go to the UHOP, yet they have 495,000 to flip houses, all at the expense of the UHOP members. Puffy is setting up this same blanket for his family.

Better still just type in McCollough children, wife, grandchildren names, it will tell you just how much property they really own. Bought with funds from G-Class, Tithes, Offering, etc., oh I forgot Puffy said stay off the internet.

http://dc.blockshopper.com/property/29680022/...
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4840 Apr 10, 2013
Why don’t you read this article about McCollough Airs how rich they are? They don’t even go to the UHOP, yet they have 495,000 to flip houses, all at the expense of the UHOP members. Puffy is setting up this same blanket for his family.

Better still just type in McCollough children, wife, grandchildren names, it will tell you just how much property they really own. Bought with funds from G-Class, Tithes, Offering, etc., oh I forgot Puffy said stay off the internet.

http://dc.blockshopper.com/property/29680022/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Ex Lesbian River 675,971
News The Latest: Egypt's top imam meets pope, urges ... 3 hr South Knox Hombre 3
News Pope Calls for Venezuelan Negotiated Solution t... 3 hr South Knox Hombre 1
News Pope Francis meets knights of ancient order in ... Thu namredipsobla 1
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
More from around the web