United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Comments (Page 238)

Showing posts 4,741 - 4,760 of7,641
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
A child of god

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Without knowing the details of your incident I would believe that the individual that put you through that horrible action faced justice. Therefore at least offering some relief knowing that he paid for violating your innocence. If not I'm quite sure it was very traumatic dealing with him constantly as a family member. Secondly you opened with the phrase "if you were raped" meaning you are casting doubt on the validity of Gee-Tee's testimony. Personally, I find that to be insensitive especially from one who was a victim of the same heinous crime.
In my experience with victims of sexual abuse the healing process is very long as I'm sure you are aware. You also have to understand that for most of Bishop Grace's victims they didn't even get the opportunity to entertain healing until they were adults and away from their parents. Imagine kneeling to pray while looking up at one of those larger than life pictures of the man's face that raped you. To add insult to injury the UHOP as an organization has not even offered at least a public blanket apology for these abuses and the blatant transgressions of it's founder. Trust me the higher up officials, Bishop included, in the UHOP know all about the sexual misconduct of Bishop Grace. So the best we can do is say "well keep praying for healing sisters, he has paid for his sins."
Where does one go when the "church" is doing more breaking than healing? No one ever ponders why in 2013 the problems of the UHOP are getting progressively worse. I respect and agree with your position on an individual relationship with the creator. However, we have to be vigilant in understanding that many of the traditions of the UHOP are impeding the growth of it's members on so many levels. I will say this if you left a church and joined the UHOP I would love to know more about the sect that you left. It's very rare to see this.
AGAPE
No my person has not been convicted or revealed, but i am at peace..
Im Free

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

I will just simply title this blog "the Facts and Truths about the HOP. First, the HOP was changed to UHOP by Mccollough for tax purposes. Plain and simple, there is no spiritual connections as UHOP_believer has suggested. Secondly to piggyback on Cultastic as he so eloquently stated. "You may think the daddys saved someone", however they are not "THE SAVIOR". And for UHOP_Believer and SMH Literally to suggest that there is any simularity is purely blaspheming. Thirdly, If Daddy Grace, Grace Mccollough signified the transferring of the spirit, than it should have been, Daddy Grace, Grace Mccollough Madison, and now Sweet Sweet Daddy Grace Grace Mccollough Madison Bailey.(just keeping it spirtual lol)

Fourthly, Someone said that Grace, Mccollough and Madison never told anyone to praise them, however THEY never got up to stop the madness when they slap, slap for Jesus and CLAP, CLAP, SHOUT, SHOUT, BREAK DANCE, SPEAK IN TOUGUES, SWEAT, EVERY BRASS HORN AND SYMBALS BLASTING AND EVERYTHING THAT HAVE BREATH PRAISE YE DADDIES. Guest What! God sees the heart and you can't fool him. And Finally, Yes I was a victim of sexdual abuse by Grace at the young age of 13,14. As I have previously stated many times in an effort to educate the innocent children that will experience the same kind of abuse from the hands of people in power. Dont worry I serve a just God and no matter how long it takes he will make the wrong right.(Look at the Catholic Priest) Agape
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

A child of god wrote:
<quoted text>
No my person has not been convicted or revealed, but i am at peace..
In that case you present a strong case for the victims of Bishop Grace. For whatever untold reason your tragedy was kept silent so you can personally identify with why the the women didn't come forward. All praises to the most high that you are at peace.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

SMH---Literally wrote:
Cultastic, I dont want the ill feelings at all. Yes I know you well but it hurts when you have people that want to continue to tell you something that they have heard and want you to research. Like I stated before, I never have been through these issues so that is something that I do not wish to explore. Now I have older cousins who were maids and expressed how they were pinched by Daddy McCollough, but that did not discourage me from being a maid. So not saying to turn the cheek but a lot of the things claimed to have happened I have not witnessed its always hearsay so I cant say yes this is true. Jesus was talked about in his day and the saga continues because it is never gonna end. Now I must say I am not as faithful as I should be because of me persuing my BA in Business Admin but I am still non the less committed to the UHOP. To me if feels like how the first post started about someone expressing their feelings about missing Daddy Madison and then people just start in on negativety about the UHOP. Its not fair, I know its life, but this is what the UHOP have dealt with for years.
I'm very proud that you are furthering your education. I must correct you. You are definitely being faithful; faithful to GOD is the only requirement dear sister. GOD has blessed you with that brilliant mind. Pursuing your BA and working on a career in order to provide for your family in the future is a show of your faith to GOD. I would imagine that putting your talents to use to be blessed is exactly what GOD would want. Using your talents goes way beyond serving on an auxiliary in the UHOP. GOD is way to big to be confined to just one small society of African Americans. He allowed these resources for us to enjoy quality of life.

You commented that you would see me on 7th (BTW I wish I wasn't on 7th; I should have been gone a long time ago). I'd much rather see you on the cover of Forbes. The UHOP as your place of worship is a choice that I can respect. However, I just urge you not to make the organization a priority in your life. Position yourself in this vast universe to benefit from all that the creator has for you. FTR I'm preaching to myself as well. All to often our belief that we need a place of worship to serve GOD limits our ability to live a prosperous life. Be blessed.
Silver and Gold

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very proud that you are furthering your education. I must correct you. You are definitely being faithful; faithful to GOD is the only requirement dear sister. GOD has blessed you with that brilliant mind. Pursuing your BA and working on a career in order to provide for your family in the future is a show of your faith to GOD. I would imagine that putting your talents to use to be blessed is exactly what GOD would want. Using your talents goes way beyond serving on an auxiliary in the UHOP. GOD is way to big to be confined to just one small society of African Americans. He allowed these resources for us to enjoy quality of life.
You commented that you would see me on 7th (BTW I wish I wasn't on 7th; I should have been gone a long time ago). I'd much rather see you on the cover of Forbes. The UHOP as your place of worship is a choice that I can respect. However, I just urge you not to make the organization a priority in your life. Position yourself in this vast universe to benefit from all that the creator has for you. FTR I'm preaching to myself as well. All to often our belief that we need a place of worship to serve GOD limits our ability to live a prosperous life. Be blessed.
Cultastic, thank you for your kind words to SMH Literally. I understand how she feels. People have bashed the House of Prayer for a long time and it can be hurtful to hear someone speak badly about something or someone you love whether its the truth or not. SMH Literally reacted by lashing back at those who she felt hurt her. I also appreciate that you respect her choice to worship at the House of Prayer. So again I thank you.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Silver and Gold wrote:
<quoted text>Cultastic, thank you for your kind words to SMH Literally. I understand how she feels. People have bashed the House of Prayer for a long time and it can be hurtful to hear someone speak badly about something or someone you love whether its the truth or not. SMH Literally reacted by lashing back at those who she felt hurt her. I also appreciate that you respect her choice to worship at the House of Prayer. So again I thank you.
In return I appreciate your kind words. I'm not the evil monster some think I am. Simply put I'm misunderstood on many levels.

ALCON: I must apologize for all the the typos in my posts from yesterday. In my haste I hit the post comment button without proofreading.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Reading my last post I did it again. I'm getting old LOL
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

A child of god wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were raped,
I find it very hard to believe you were once a raped victim. In all my years of counseling victims no one has ever challenged the credibility of a victimís statement.

You started your sentence,ďIf you were rapedĒ, All in the name of protecting your Church, you doubt me. This is not your Churches story, it is mine. I donít have to prove anything. At my age what would it gain for me to lie?

You know whatís so sad; Puffy may not be Physically raping the people. But he sure is Mentally raping your minds, heís stripping you of a decent living by taking away the only things you have to survive, your Money.

The UHOP is not going to take care of you. They are going to put someone in charge with the same Mentality as the person in charge of rents. And you are going to be left out in the cold.

Washington isnít the only place members are being put out of their homes. Savannah is also at the top of evictions. One of the members evicted in Savannah was the Top payer in G-Class. And this is the Church you want to defend.

Again I will say, this board was not created for people like me to air my difference, Funny how it turned out.

You open the door, either you accept the good with the bad or shut up. You say your Church is for all People, well we are them. This board was created to discuss the UHOP, not other Churches or Religion.

Some handle you picked to describe yourself, maybe you should change it to a Child of Puffy,
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
Reading my last post I did it again. I'm getting old LOL
Evil has a way of making friends, and dragging them into darkness. You are only trying to remove them from the darkness. You are young enough to be my child. I am so glad the things I have learned has reached another generation. Thank you for your wisdom. I am never too old to learn new things at my age from tghe youth.

Thank you for not allowing evil to continue to triumph.
Hebrewsunite

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

This site has done more to purge past crimes and sins from HOP members more than talking with top rated psychologists. It is apparent the rampant statutory rapes perpetrated by pastís bishops are also a legacy of the HOP. You see no where in the Scriptures where this conduct is condoned, or accepted by Yahusha, you see no where in the Scriptures where any of the disciples, carried themselves in such a scandalous manner. The HOP and its leadership are indeed, and in fact on notice. They must stop their current mode of operation or face the consequences. The last event which has been verified of Bailey ďstrikingĒ another minister for not being obedient, is in diametric opposition to the instructions given to Timotheous by brother Shaul; Tts 1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

We already know of his daddyís club; thatís filthy lucre,
We know his temper is out of control, we know he is all about himself not giving proper honor to Yahusha, We already know, he is not blameless, his children are not under qodesh obedience, we already know that if you donít dress and act the way he wants you to he would rather you not be at his HOP. We already know that his knowledge of the Scriptures is non-existent and or very limited and his dictatorial persona is sorely lacking. In light of him having the lack of the explicit qualities given to Timotheous by Shaul for the office of a bishop, you have to wonder would the writer of 2/3rds of the NT New Covenant ever anointed Bailey as a minister let alone a bishop? The answer is obvious, HOP members who read this blog consider the plight you are placing your selves inÖ

Shaluwm
TSB

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case you present a strong case for the victims of Bishop Grace. For whatever untold reason your tragedy was kept silent so you can personally identify with why the the women didn't come forward. All praises to the most high that you are at peace.
quick question... How does one obtain official status of a Bishop? Also, isn't it true that Grace ordained himself Bishop?
acctually anyone can answer. I'd like to know
Guess who is Back

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Somebody on here spammed me so that I could not comment! How rude! Go get your life! We are all entitled to post on this thread if we choose. So spam that who ever you are. you are just angry that I was speaking the truth and you obviously do not like truth. Go get your life! I'm back in full effect honey!
Guess who is Back

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

You know who I am...so bring it on! Looks like I have to be ethnic which I did not want to do! SMH
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

UHOP_Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Let's do some math. 55 years ago would be 1958. Yet you talked about Daddy McCollough and being around him. Even around Daddy Madison. So let's take some assumptions. I would guess that you were of adult age around 1958. I'm going to estimate around 20 years old.
If GOD showed you the light at 1958 when you were of adulthood, then why were you still going to the HOP as you have stated in your posts.
Instead of spending so much time trying to discredit me, why wonít you take this opportunity to pick my brain. When older folks die we lose a Library. They have so much knowledge. Iím not saying I know everything, but the things I do know I use it to try and help someone. Iím not trying to debate you with the Bible. Your knowledge of the Bible is limited; you pick and choose what to read in the Bible that suits your Church and your Daddies.

Not one time have I told you to leave the UHOP, My message to you and the Members are to speak up, donít settle for one person word unless it is God.
I told you to question. But you take my words as a vengeance.

One thing I can truly count on about you is you will surely take what I have written and twist it around. You do not have the ability to read with understanding because you have been taught to attack when canít defend.

Iím not wasting my prayers on someone like you who donít want them. Iím praying for myself to continue to shed light to those that need it. By the way, I never told you what year I left.
Guess who is Back

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

So, what I would like to say is that this thread is supposed to be a healthy debate! Not Christians bashing one another. I would like to applaud Cultastic because he has been nice to everybody although some have been very nasty to him. I'm not very familiar to the UHOP but I'm not stranger either. I am not on one side or the other. What I do know is that we are all supposed to be disciples of Jesus. Some of the post to this site would easily detour rather than attract those who are not of the faith. We are supposed to be winning souls for the Kingdom of God. So debate if you must but debate in love showing the fruits of the spirit. Those who are member of the UHOP, stand up for what you believe, like so those who are not. But debate in love rather than attack, because keep in mind every work will be brought into judgement whether it is good or evil. the key thing we must all remember is that Jesus said I have sheep in other folds of whom you know not of! that means UHOP, Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, AME Zion, Holiness, Apostolic and many more... the fact of the matter is your way is not the only way!

Bam! Now spam that! I still got to say what I wanted to say!
prince rod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

The egyptian wrote on the walls of the giza pyramids three thousand years before Jesus was born " Let your Kingdom come. Let your will be done, as in heaven, so on earth" bishop grace travel in the same foot steps as jesus did when he started the hop they are still talking about him over in Egypt as one of my friends told me how do we. Know bishop grace didn't go to a mystery school in Africa don't for get they say jesus didn't start doing healing until he came back from his trip to Egypt they said he went to one as well can't remember the name but they say it was the biggest school in Africa suppose to be as long as 2 miles with eighty thousand students don't for get every leader of the hop take that trip back east to Africa and Israel in honor of daddy grace there is power in the hop through Jesus name as the corner stone chief of our faith the government of u.s want the hop close down because we are a black organizations church that don't ask the government for nothing just cause we don't bow don't to them we the people of the hop work together pray together sing together in harmony with gods grace shining on us all these lies and rumors on here you say you been rape when does the bishop have time to rape someone when he always busy dealing with court and church and business how so its all false in even if it is tru why you didn't step up in expose him or them why wait now in tell every one on a blog site yall call us fool's and mind slaves of the hop but I don't dwn talk nobody else church or belief cause I'm not god yall need to respect people beliefs if it not yours than get on with.your life in let god deal with us he's the question and the answer the hop works for me I'm following jesus and about to leave for the navy with him and the hop in my heart in I'm about get back in school for civil engineering the hop is showing me the way that life can be beautiful if you give god everything mind body and soul bishop Bailey claim this year fasting doing a pray only you and the father can hear meditation is good for the soul I can feel.the spiritual energy when I pray with my phone t.v n radio off being me closer to god god is with the hop doesn't matter if you believe it or not I can feel it either with the bishop in town or not with the band music or not cause it will not be no band at the grave yard only god peace and love to all in my god be with you for the rest of your lives thank god for the hop gospel Jesus true mystery gospel

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Power to tear down, is this how you view God. You have followed the evil ways of Man so long you think evil. If destruction comes too this world itís the works of Man, not God. God is not raining down sickness and destruction, its Man.
We are here to teach Love, not hate. Your Church was built on a lie, therefore until you correct that lie all you will see is evil. If you spent as much time trying to learn the truth as you do in trying to dispute us, you wouldnít have to write a whole book to get your point across. Instead you rather sound like a babbling fool instead of someone with good sense.
We are not disputing the Bible, we are disputing you Daddies. And no matter how many scriptures you quote, none will justify the reason the UHOP should continue to exist. The Devil has a way of creeping into good and turning it bad. Thatís whatís going on in the UHOP. You have allowed the Devil to take control.
This is why the UHOP avoid using Jesus name.
If God was in the UHOP, you would be thanking God in the name of Jesus not in the name of Daddy.
So true.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

UHOP_Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't go to school to understand the Bible. Don't be deceived. The Spirit of Truth has to teach you. The HOP didn't start w/Daddy Grace. You better read that OT that you don't like. HOP membership has nothing to do with inheriting God's Kingdom. That's why Daddy Madison said when JESUS returns HE is not looking for HOP members. Get it. HE is looking for HIS CHURCH. And HE has some CHURCH members that belong to the organization called the UHOPFAP and some that do not. Paul was a Pharisee. He didn't renounce being Pharisee which was a religious sect in that day. He remained in his calling and still was a follower of CHRIST.
BTW, there is no such thing as a lost paradise. Most of Christianity have a defective knowledge of "death" and what happens when one sleeps.
Your faith " hop". Contradicts what u are saying. McCollough said the worst one in the hop is better than the best one out of the hop. He also said in order to go to heaven a soul had to come through the hop.

Really?

That doesn't sound absurd to you?
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="prince rod]"thank god for the hop gospel Jesus true mystery gospel[/QUOTE]

Good morning my brother. Iím going to respond to you in three separate posts. Hopefully my points are clear and concise so that you may understand.

ďthe hop gospel Jesus true mystery gospelĒ < Who is teaching you this stuff young brother? Jesus spoke in lots of parables so that the people could understand what he was saying. I doubt he wanted his gospel to be a ďmysteryĒ which is why it is for ALL NATIONS. If itís a mystery yet for all people isnít that a contradiction? Iím going to give you this scripture, prayerfully you understand that the gospel being spoken of is not the UHOP and Bishop Graceís theology and doctrines/teachings.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4--3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.(KJV)

2 Corinthians 4:3-4--If our Message is obscure to anyone, itís not because weíre holding back in any way. No, itís because these other people are looking or going the wrong way and refuse to give it serious attention. All they have eyes for is the fashionable god of darkness. They think he can give them what they want, and that they wonít have to bother believing a Truth they canít see. Theyíre stone-blind to the dayspring brightness of the Message that shines with Christ, who gives us the best picture of God weíll ever get.(The Message)

So I guess we should believe the story of Bishop Grace going to Neroís chopping block and picking up the keys where Peter left them as well. Interesting enough you question the validity of whether or not the victims are telling the truth yet everything that you are saying (i.e. people in Egypt talking about him and a mystery school in Africa) is just handed down stories. None of it can be proven. Why didnít Bishop Grace keep some type of journal or diary of his travels to Egypt or Jerusalem? Youíre just repeating UHOP folklore; hearsay. I can guarantee you if we asked 10 different people the story of how he came to America weíd get ten different answers. You know little to nothing about his wife(s) and children. He was very careful to keep that part of his life separate from the UHOP. I just donít understand why my UHOP sisters and brothers believe thatís normal.

I can tell you for a FACT when Bishop Bailey went to the holy land he didnít go very many places. Unfortunately due to health reasons he couldnít tour the holy sites especially in the Old City because it requires lots of walking. Before anyone challenges me yes Iíve been. Also, I have seen the pictures of Bishop Bailey where they had to photoshop him in like at the Garden of Gethsemane. BTW it was a horrible photoshop job so those pictures went away really quickly once people started to question their authenticity. Ironically, thatís how much respect they have for your intelligence my young UHOP sisters and brothers that they would try to fool you about his ďpilgrimageĒ.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

prince rod wrote:
the government of u.s want the hop close down because we are a black organizations church that don't ask the government for nothing just cause we don't bow don't to them
The government is not after the UHOP because itís a self-sustaining black organization. The government is after the UHOP for problems with taxes. The UHOP has had serious problems with the IRS since itís inception. Bishop McCollough was able to settle (pay) the debts from Bishop Grace. What they want you to believe is that mysteriously he went to the IRS and the government didnít do anything they didnít touch any of the UHOPís money. You never hear about the church buildings that they had to close. Itís FALSE my brother. Why do you suppose this real big push for Daddyís Club in the last year or so? Why did they stop giving out the tax receipts for charitable donations to the UHOP my brother? You have to request them and itís no guarantee youíll get one.

The UHOP only puts out propaganda about court cases that they win. You never hear anything about the ones that the UHOP and/or Bishop Grace lost. If they talk about the ones he lost that would dispel that "they can't touch Daddy" myth. You would have to face the reality that "Daddy" was actually guilty of the charges. Therefore they don't discuss those cases with you.

My brother your cafeterias operate as tax-exempt Corporations yet some of them charge tax on the dinners thatís never reported to the IRS. Why are there no real electronic records of the monies that are reported to the church? Iíll give you a hint; NO PAPER TRAIL. There are relatively no true checks and balances in the UHOP. Instead of getting angry, I encourage my UHOP sisters and brothers to ask more QUESTIONS.

Itís not your belief in GOD that is being questioned or scrutinized. Itís your traditions and practices my brother. Iím here to try to enlighten you, not to get you to leave the UHOP. You give your hard earned money while your leadership wastes it on frivolous law-suits. Youíre doing exactly what the leadership wants you to do; closing your eyes praying and giving ďGODĒ everything while they are enjoying smoothies on Alaskan cruises. I still would like for an intellectual UHOP brother and/or sister to really explain what that clichť means. GOD gives us everything; but he wants everything back. How do we give him everything? Is GOD stingy or a "Indian giver"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,741 - 4,760 of7,641
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••