United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 9381 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Jaxx212

New York, NY

#4741 Apr 7, 2013
Oh, and another thing!!!!!.....If it is true that this Bailey dude slapped another man in front of other cult goers who did absolutely NOTHING in defense that that was WRONG in ANY way, then those REALLY ARE SOME SICK FOLKS!!!!!.....WHO in holy hell high water does that dude thinks he is, other than being put on a pedastal, and being worshipped as "daddy" by a bunch of IGNORNANT IMBECILES??????
If that were ME that he punched/slapped/etc., he would be given a punch back in the jaw, along with a LAWSUIT in my DEFENSE to help control that temper of his!!!!!.....He doesnt want his members to be all into the technology era, but the technology era is whats gonna HELP you down the line vs. word of mouth!!!!!
As a HUMAN BEING, RESPECT IS EARNED WHEN IT IS GIVEN!!!!!.....and that goes for any dude who SAYS hes a MAN OF THE CLOTH also!!!!!
TSB

Danielson, CT

#4742 Apr 7, 2013
UHOP_Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
TSB,
I asked you what the Holy Ghost said? I don't worship the Bishop. You did. What did the Holy Ghost say: REPEAT IT. They received the Apostle , EVEN AS what?
1) A messenger of GOD
EVEN AS what?
1. CHRIST JESUS.
Are you calling the Holy Ghost a liar. I'm not talking about how the ignorant received Paul, I'm talking about THE BELIEVER.
Answer me the question from the Bible. Book.Verse. Chapter. How did the Galatians RECEIVE GOD's Servant?
I received Daddy McCollough the SAME WAY and in the same manner as the Galatians received Paul.:)
NOW go ahead and try to FAULT ME and make yourself call the Holy Ghost a man worshipper.:)
I know what I believe. I know my heritage. I know my faith and there isn't a man or woman living that can take the Scripture and twist it to make it contradict itself or contradict my belief.
and I answered that by telling u.. That ANYONE WHO IS CALLED TO PREACH CAN DO JUST THAT. WHATS YOUR POINT.. YOUR NOT TIEING ANYTHING TOGETHER.. IM SPEAKING ON THE ISSUE OF HIM PROCLAIMING TO BE THE... KEY WORD THE.. SAVIOR... THATS WRONG...IF HE PROCLAIMS TO BE A BISHOP THATS FINE.... BUT THE FLAW IS WHEN HE ALLOWS HIS MEMBERS TO SINGLE HIM OUT AS IF HE IS THE... KEY WORD AGAIN! THE MAN IN THE LAND THE LILLY OF THE VALLEY... IM NOT THE ONE IN QUESTIONED HERE U ARE.. AND FOR U TO IGNORE OR TRY TO JUSTIFY THAT IS WRONG.. PERIOD.. STOP SWAYING FROM MY POINT
TSB

Danielson, CT

#4743 Apr 7, 2013
@uhop believer...There ain't no verse in the bible proclaiming another savior.. And just because u have a so called deeper understanding doesn't make your faith or organization justified! If the head is in error the body is wrong... So with that being said there ain't nothing u can say to justify it...
tell me one sermon that you've heard that was of intellectual reference? Since Madison they all say the same thing.. "children stay in the hop"
ain't nobody preaching to reach young folks.. Helping them deal with issues of today.. Ain't no outreach programs for the community.. What happened to going out and spreading the gospel.. The reason why is because it never was designed for that.. Its a past error that will never be accepted by someone with common since.. There ain't nothing deep about the hop.. So stop it.. Every verse u quote has no reference.. As a matter of fact I just showed an elder every verse u texted over the past couple of days.. Your views and references are so incomplete, its sad.. U don't have any ide of how off u really are bro.. And I really do mean it
TSB

Danielson, CT

#4744 Apr 7, 2013
That verse does not show anything BUT what I'm saying... A preacher or bishop or anyone filled with the HOLY GHoST can be a messenger in many different ways.. Stop trying to use that verse to justify ONE man.. That's so HOPish.

and you being in attendance my brother shows by obedient reference that u serve a man.. Fully understand what u say.. Calling on daddy is wrong.. And that spirit of adoption verse that u quote is out of context... There is no other name were by u can be saved but who?? Jesus Christ
A child of god

United States

#4745 Apr 7, 2013
I understand the concerns you have about the hop. Either way its an individual journey. Any one who is worshipping the bishop obviously not reading the word. If a person read the word for themselves they will know what/what not to do. There is not a perfect man on this earth. All churches have something wrong with them. God will judge who get in the gates or not. I am a member of the shop, but i also have been a member of other churches. God is there......its for all people from the highest chair to the lowest. When he's tired and only when he's tired will he end all that is ungodly.
A child of god

United States

#4746 Apr 7, 2013
That's what is wrong with the world today. They like to be involved in other people lives. Look at self. Just as it was showed to you, it will be shown to others how to view their religious beliefs. It is not becoming for someone who has god to comment with some of these words. Although you may think that the members have brain washed, We haven't. I know some that don't even say daddy, they call our bishop, bishop and praise with Christ. Because if you didn't know Jesus was a man. The devil like to be entertained. That's all this site is doing. Instead of criticizing others, you could just be spreading the word of the bible without reference to other churches. That is not of god. Faith is what is needed...This world needs to pray. Believe...you refer to the Hop as to be hell bound... but there will be others to join even some of the members from your new church. I believe god is everywhere. He is looking at our hearts and souls. He knows who the true believers are no matter where they attend. Stop giving the devil what pleases him. Argument and confusion. If the past bishops done as you said, they have already been dealt with, its time to move on.
prince rod

United States

#4747 Apr 7, 2013
Listen if the hop doesn't work for any of you than find something better to do with your time beside judging the hop I learn if a black man sitting in a chair with power other black folks got a problem with it yall dislike our bishops yall dislike minister Louis Farrakhan yall dislike Barack Obama black folks disliking on other black folks just cause they don't pray how you want them to just cause they rather work together through the name of god which I might add that is what black folks are lacking the hop we cook work learn sing pray and dance together through the name of god daddy Madison taught us one thing to never be friends of the world to not live life through the flesh work and pray together as true sons and daughters of the gospel life can be beautiful if you give god everything your mind body and soul cause spirit lives For ever in flesh does not some of yall living life through the flesh n we don't worship the flesh we see through it we see only the spirit of truth that is with in him god is in the hop thank you god for the hop faith and the true gospel of Jesus Christ I know your ears and eyes is on us in your spirit is with daddy Bailey plz lord forgive these ppl for there dis loyalty towards you god beside trying to work with us they rather tear us down just like the u.s. government its sad when black folks cant pray together because whites folks and some black folks don't like seeing or hearing about it we kno as hop members we are more than just that we are a family you said you would make our enemies our foot stool in I believe you will you give us some great leaders who give there lives for the hop from Africa to America I got a friend who moved to Egypt like two years ago in she told me all three of our great servants of hop names are still ringing over there god you is good not some but all the time ppl are lost in this world with you but thank god you give us the hop people said we are slaves of the hop we are brainwashed but they must of for got your name is on the hop so we are slaves of god we follow only your footsteps you said as it is. In heaven as it should be on earth the hop is your heaven on earth ppl judging the hop through the wrong eyes you gotta look at the hop with your spiritual eye good god ol mighty I can feel my spiritual eye awaken tears rolling down my eyes I can feel you with in me cause as long as I keep telling ppl how good you is to me ima always be highly bless thank god in thank you for the hop gospel through Jesus name we the hop family and I say amen amen amen thank u Jesus
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4748 Apr 7, 2013
prince rod wrote:
The Rev. Willie Wilson said of Bishop Madison: He was a supreme example that churches can play a role in the housing and economic development needs of our community. He as well as the United House of Prayer, continued the historic position of setting up hospitals, banks and stores for the community, and it came out of the Black church. We need to emulate more of what he did.Ē Rev. Wilson told James Wright of the Afro-American newspaper.
Indeed, that it seems is the church tradition. Sweet Daddy Grace, after all, was known for spending a good portion of his income on his congregations, supplying apartments, pension funds, burial plans, and free food to the faithful.
Long live that great tradition and Great Black Ministry.
Since you though you should grace us with these so call good deeds of your Founders, why not tell us some of Puffy good deeds

Letís review Puffy Achievements:
Puffy leaves before Midnight Prayer on New Years Eve, after heís collected all your Money;
Puffy has Dismantle Bands when they donít give him his share of their Money;
Puffy has Yelled, Slapped, and Embarrassed his Members in Public;
Puffy has Stripped Devoted Ministers of their Titles and Positions as Pastors;
Puffy has allowed his Members to be Evicted from their Homes;
Puffy has Taxed his Members with an added Burden on their Finances;
Puffy has change the Dress Code, and ever said he donít want the Women wearing Brads and Pants;
Puffy has stopped the Bands from playing when he is leaving and the Members from Shouting;
Puffy has built Luxury Apartments UHOP members could only Dream about;
Puffy has bought himself a Custom made Million Dollar + Car;
Puffy has bought his Mother and Daughter a New Home;
Puffy has made his Daughter the UHOP Lawyer;
Puffy has become a Big Time Bully;
Puffy has told his Members if they donít stay off the Internet they will die;
Puffy has two Wives;
Puffy has claimed he is God

Shall I go on, when you stop replacing Jesus and Gods name with Puffyís name in the songs you sing written by Non UHOP members, then you can take me down Memory Lane.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4749 Apr 7, 2013
A child of god wrote:
That's what is wrong with the world today. They like to be involved in other people lives. Look at self. Just as it was showed to you, it will be shown to others how to view their religious beliefs. It is not becoming for someone who has god to comment with some of these words. Although you may think that the members have brain washed, We haven't. I know some that don't even say daddy, they call our bishop, bishop and praise with Christ. Because if you didn't know Jesus was a man. The devil like to be entertained. That's all this site is doing. Instead of criticizing others, you could just be spreading the word of the bible without reference to other churches. That is not of god. Faith is what is needed...This world needs to pray. Believe...you refer to the Hop as to be hell bound... but there will be others to join even some of the members from your new church. I believe god is everywhere. He is looking at our hearts and souls. He knows who the true believers are no matter where they attend. Stop giving the devil what pleases him. Argument and confusion. If the past bishops done as you said, they have already been dealt with, its time to move on.
Discussion = Conversation, Debate, Argument, Dialogue, Chat, Talk

This is what this board has become, A place where people can air their differences. If you canít stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
prince rod

United States

#4750 Apr 7, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you though you should grace us with these so call good deeds of your Founders, why not tell us some of Puffy good deeds
Puffy leaves before Midnight Prayer on New Years Eve, after heís collected all your Money;
Puffy has change the Dress Code, and ever said he donít want the Women wearing Brads and Pants;
Puffy has stopped the Bands from playing when he is leaving and the Members from Shouting;
Puffy has two Wives;
Shall I go on, when you stop replacing Jesus and Gods name with Puffyís name in the songs you sing written by Non UHOP members, then you can take me down Memory Lane.
. The devil is a liar get behind me Satan far behind me may god be with you cause god in my heart the more yall talk about the hop the higher we go yall disrespect a black man that sit in a chair with power but won't say nothing about a white pope that prays to a pic of a black Mary and baby Jesus but make fun of a black man that carrys the spirit of truth within him that help bring black folks together idc where he stays at or what kinda car he drive but he ain't the only one look at bishop t.d. Jake's look at bishop Eddie long talk about them at less none of the hop leaders doing there jobs just to sell books or star in a Hollywood film they dont care about none of that they just wanna tell the true mystery of Jesus Christ gospel
SMH---Literally

Germantown, MD

#4751 Apr 7, 2013
Gee-Tee, you all cant handle the fact that everything you are saying we are not feeding into. You keep insisting we do this or that. Guess what we are not interested. You guys are really full of nothing but hatred and thats sad. All this bashing, name calling and negativity. Thats what showing your lack of intelligents. Yall not tired of the non budging from the UHOP members. Blah, blah, blah. Be quiet already.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4752 Apr 7, 2013
prince rod wrote:
<quoted text>. The devil is a liar get behind me Satan far behind me may god be with you cause god in my heart the more yall talk about the hop the higher we go yall disrespect a black man that sit in a chair with power but won't say nothing about a white pope that prays to a pic of a black Mary and baby Jesus but make fun of a black man that carrys the spirit of truth within him that help bring black folks together idc where he stays at or what kinda car he drive but he ain't the only one look at bishop t.d. Jake's look at bishop Eddie long talk about them at less none of the hop leaders doing there jobs just to sell books or star in a Hollywood film they dont care about none of that they just wanna tell the true mystery of Jesus Christ gospel
This board is about the UHOP. We want you to look at Puffy. You do not go to these other churches. You see the fault in other churches but not yours. Do you think because they are doing it we can do it too.

God said if you make one step he will make two. God is not going to make a change in something he had nothing to do with starting. You UHOP members have to make a change. Iíve notice when we speak of the injustice that was done at the hands of these men, UHOP members become very silent. I posted every day about the eviction of members and not one of you had any thing to say. Now you want to wait for God to make a change.

The change has got to come from you. Do you eat all foods sold in the grocery store? No you pick and choose what you like. There are a lot of things you dislike about Puffy. Treat him like the store. Your fear in a man is wrong. God donít want us to fear him, he wants us to know he is God our father in Heaven.
Why bother to continue to give your money to someone that tells you,ďWhat you did last year donít countĒ make it count for the thing you want.

How much money do UHOP people have to give before its enough to get to Heaven? You sing that song, No Charge, now live it. There is nothing Puffy is doing to better his people. Heís just another ďBlack ManĒ exploiting his people.
Why donít you have what he has or at lease want it?
SMH---Literally

Germantown, MD

#4753 Apr 7, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Puffy has two Wives;
Gee-Tee, something is clearly wrong with you. I will continue to pray for you. Oh and might I add again disrespectful... name calling, really, how old are you to stoop that low.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4754 Apr 7, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
Gee-Tee, you all cant handle the fact that everything you are saying we are not feeding into. You keep insisting we do this or that. Guess what we are not interested. You guys are really full of nothing but hatred and thats sad. All this bashing, name calling and negativity. Thats what showing your lack of intelligents. Yall not tired of the non budging from the UHOP members. Blah, blah, blah. Be quiet already.
Anytime you take the time to read what I have post, you are interested. Itís just food for thought, and you are taking in every word. Otherwise you would do as Puffy commands and stay off the internet.
SMH---Literally

Germantown, MD

#4755 Apr 7, 2013
Gee-Tee, I read them all but yours really stand out and shows what you truly are. This is a blog, we read and respond. Dont like it get off. How can you sit and compare our Bishop to a trip to the grocery store. What is the matter with you. Is there something you are not revealing. No one sees faults in other churches but you guys. The topic is the UHOP. We are not concerned what goes on in other churches like you are. Straight bashing and degrading. You need to go hide under the bed or something.
Jaxx212

New York, NY

#4756 Apr 7, 2013
SMH Literally....
Siince the UHOP DOES NOT WORSHIP GOD; I am gonna have to inform you that there is a GOD WHO SITS HIGH AND LOOK LOW and KNOW that YOU ARE DOING NOTHING BUT DEFENDING A LIE!!!!!

When it is time for your judgement, WHAT will YOU say to HIM?????.....oh wait, you were taught that you can only see HIM, through one of your bishops.....wow....nevermind.. ....and Im LITERALLY SHAKING MY HEAD!!!!!!

Btw, intelligents was severely mispelled as you will have to REPLACE with the CORRECT spelling as INTELLIGENCE!!!!!....c'mon !?!?....YOU, YOURSELF KNOW all about REPLACING firsthand !!!!!!....its not like its something new!!!!
#ijs
SMH---Literally

Germantown, MD

#4757 Apr 7, 2013
Jaxx212 wrote:
SMH Literally....
Siince the UHOP DOES NOT WORSHIP GOD; I am gonna have to inform you that there is a GOD WHO SITS HIGH AND LOOK LOW and KNOW that YOU ARE DOING NOTHING BUT DEFENDING A LIE!!!!!
When it is time for your judgement, WHAT will YOU say to HIM?????.....oh wait, you were taught that you can only see HIM, through one of your bishops.....wow....nevermind.. ....and Im LITERALLY SHAKING MY HEAD!!!!!!
Btw, intelligents was severely mispelled as you will have to REPLACE with the CORRECT spelling as INTELLIGENCE!!!!!....c'mon !?!?....YOU, YOURSELF KNOW all about REPLACING firsthand !!!!!!....its not like its something new!!!!
#ijs
Jaxx212, yes God sits high and looks down and sees all the negativity you all are showing. So what, you think telling us we are wrong looks good on your part. No it doesnít because the way you are going about it is totally wrong. You keep throwing stones to hurt the UHOP but itís doing nothing for you. You claim you are so Godly and know the truth, be the truth and read your Bible thoroughly about all the things you and your friends are doing, spelling teacher. Now thatís something else to bother you.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4758 Apr 7, 2013
SMH---Literally wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee-Tee, something is clearly wrong with you. I will continue to pray for you. Oh and might I add again disrespectful... name calling, really, how old are you to stoop that low.
You dislike I call him Puffy, heís a wife beater. I have as much respect for him as I have for Child Abusers. You have a lot of your Councilmen, Elders, Body Guards, Band boys, etc. that abuse their wives. They take out their frustration on their wives what they want to take out on your Bishops but canít. So too show they still have some balls, their wives get it.

Remember, in the word truth is the word hurt. And the truth always hurt.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#4759 Apr 7, 2013
SMH---Literally

Yes you are right, something is wrong with me. I was forcedly raped at the age of 14, by someone I was made to look up too. I had too pretended it never happen; I had too keep my mouth shut. I had too looked at this person as if nothing happen. They did what you are doing now, looking the other way. Try living with that all your life. They put rapist in jail now.
WWJD

Alexandria, VA

#4760 Apr 7, 2013
Church is within you, one lord, one faith, one baptism. The bishop is just like the Pope, they both believe in saving soles. No one is in the position to say other wise because no one really knows. Everything is opinionated no one was actually there to witness anything so therefore it's speculation. I grew up during Daddy Grace times and my father was one of the original Grave soldiers. He taught Sunday school for 30 years and knew the bible like the back of your hand. I know what the basis foundation is because I was taught from the bible. I don't see anything wrong with the faith a lot of times it can be the people that misinterpret things the way they are because people view things different. It is not up to you or I to determine was right or wrong it's up to GOD and believe me if its wrong he GOD will take care of that. You give money because you wanted to give no one is held captive or a gun to their head and told to give. Everyone is in title to their opinion and I'm not here to bash anyone. But everyone has the right to choose the type of religion they want to serve. I feel if you give advice research from the beginning and keep in mind it's for all people. I go to serve GOD and Daddy Grace, Daddy McCollough, Daddy Madison and Daddy Bailey are comforters they were and are the human form just like Jesus and the Pope. Not saying they are Jesus or the Pope don't take it put of context. It saddens me to read such comments but its your opinion and you are entitled. The he say she say, he did she did is not important because the one you should pray to and ask for forgiveness is the Almighty as well as guidence. We shouldn't worry about what others do or did but what are we doing in the sight of GOD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min marge 589,352
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) 4 hr Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 4 hr KristoFMYsagun 10
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 4 hr ELIAS IBARRA 59
News Francis expects short papacy Thu ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Thu ELIAS IBARRA 10
News After a visit from the pope, Mr. Castro has muc... Thu L I G E R 2
More from around the web