United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Comments (Page 226)

Showing posts 4,501 - 4,520 of8,100
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

I would advise all UHOP sisters and brothers that reside in UHOP properties especially in DC to READ the fine print in your lease. In addition if you are taken to housing court for late rental payments READ the eviction agreement very carefully. Most people are relying on the benevolence of your "Christian" brothers and sisters who OWN and MANAGE the properties. Renter beware!

In this collapsing economy all of your church "leaders" live extremely comfortable on the backs of your sacrifices. They have NO bills thanks to us. In the meantime we work hard for every penny we earn to clothe and feed our children. However, at the end of the day residents of these mortgage free profit earning (not for profit) properties can be evicted for as little as 600.00. I'm sure I can't be the only one that sees the irony here.

The lease is month to month. It's not that way to help tenants it's so that the "OWNER" can do what he wants when he wants. Fortunately for the owner members/tenants trust that he always does the right thing. Again I urge you RENTER BEWARE
Eyes on Christ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

A good point to ponder. This was brought to my attention.....

Satan can careless if you believe in God, go to some church, etc. The only thing he is concerned with is that you remain not knowing who God (Jehovah) really is, the TRUTH about Him, AND that you continue to not worship Him correctly!

What does that really mean? Satan takes real kindly to G-class, addressing daddy over & over again throughout your service forgetting to mention God, preaching from the top of your heads, teasing members to believe they are really purchasing a Sunday School book when its merely pre-selected scriptures from the bible to look supportive to your traditions, traveling for the collection of money, dancing sexy in what is called the "House of Prayer", watchimg families break-up and do nothing to help out but take their money....should I go on. Satan is ecstatic over the smoke screen he has successfully held down for 90 years.

Look below and read what Jesus said about your man made traditions. Man Made! Man Made! Man Made!

Jesus addressed "Traditions of men" in Mark 7 and John 8. His objective was to shake people from their firm faith in their man-made traditons with the TRUTH. Sadly, then as now, some people won't let go of their religious upbringing even when faced with the fact that it is unBiblical. They are scared. Mark 7 shows how traditions can control people. Notice: Verse 3 they were, "holding the tradition of the elders."In verse 5 they tried to hold Jesus to these. "Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders?" Jesus responds in v.7-13. "Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Verse 8, "For laying aside the commandments of God, ye hold the tradition of men." Verse 9, "Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." Verse 13, "Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition..." Col. 2:8 says, "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."There are Biblical traditions which must be held, and there are unbiblical traditions (man made) that must be forsaken.

Please start seeking for the truth. Its so much more beautiful, logical, and in plain English. You will be so SHOCKED in a good way.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

PBS did a documental on the Mormons, it was so sad. They use some of the same techniques as the UHOP too control its people. Makes you wonder why so many people view God as mean and hateful. To allow these so call Men of God to put so much hate into the minds of their people through scared tactics. How can a church justify telling your parents to turn their backs on their children only because they refuse to worship the way you do. That’s teaching hate.

How can so many Religions Cults close their doors on people that think differently and their members believe God told these Self made Church leaders to practice this. Church is suppose to be the one place you can turn too when all else has failed. Yet church has developed rules in the name of the Lord but in reality it’s in the name of the Devil.

We give these so call Men of God too much power to play God when we don’t challenge them. We are not supposed to mistreat each other. I will say this as many times until it sink into your minds. It doesn’t take much to serve God, its how we treat each other. Do you really think God care what I wore if I wear what Puffy say and let my one of Gods children go hungry.

Mexico is one of the poorest countries in the World. Everyone is dying to get to the USA for a better living; people from other countries like to call American Blacks lazy. I call them “the New Slaves”, every thing we stop doing because we wanted a better living they are doing. Yet Carlos Slim, Mexico’s Telecom Magnate is worth 73 Billion Dollars and no one has made him accountable for his action. This is why his Country is starving with its people dying to leave, he has all their Money.

Puffy is doing the same thing Carlos has done. He is stripping his members of all their financial resources and watching them get put out doors. No one Man should have so much when so many have so little. Is this what God want? We are supposed to help each other. Your need to rethink “Love thy Neighbor”, if you spend as much time remembering the Ten Commandments,“Gods Law” as you do on “Mans Law”, the world would truly change for the better.

Show me in the Bible where it say, Men who claims they represent God is suppose to live higher then the people they are leading and I will stop talking about Puffy Rich Life style.
Eyes on Christ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Pay close attention to the preaching you receive! Having just one, two, three verses pointed out with no background explanation is a WARNING to read it YOURSELF and catch hold of the background information of the book and what was going on at that time. Jesus was a biblical teacher even though He knew things before He came to earth. He referred back to the already writtren scriptures himself. Jesus used many scriptures when teaching...one that stands out is Matthew 4:11 when he told satan to leave him be as satan tried to sttempt Jesus. Jesus stated "it is written that you should worship God and serve only Him"

If Jesus lived and served according to the scriptures, then how come the Uhop cant? Your not better than Jesus. No one on this earth has come better than Jesus, yet you serve someone like he is. Jesus didnt get served like that....he didnt allow it. Even John stated in Revelations 22:8-9 that he was so happy about some news that an angel brought to him that he immediately bowed down to the angel but the angel immediately stopped him and told him to bow down to only God.

If an angel sent by God who is around God....(who is greater than a human in so many ways) says to bow down to God ONLY then why do you bow down to a mere mortal man even when the man is not there? Does Bishop Bailey deserve your bows.....is that what you think? All that God is....Bishop Bailey is getting the glory 10 times more than God. And God sees this.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Can someone explain to me what the purpose of going to a Church is? Have we got so caught up on things that don’t matter, that we somehow forgot to care? Why bother going to a Church if you are going to treat the people the same way the world treats them. Shouldn’t Church be the one place all our burdens can be lifted up? Shouldn’t church be the one place we can count on when all else fails. Should the doors for help be closed at the Church? Why bother going, pray at home because there is no one in these Churches willing to help you any more.

It’s all about the Money, later for saving souls.

Tyler Perry sent a message out to the black community. Don’t buy his tapes boot-leg. Another Rich person telling poor people how to spend their Money; Tyler just brought himself an Airplane, can you buy one. You better start rethinking what, how and when to use your Money. The Rich is truly enjoying yours, mine and ours.

You see how easy it is for the poor to fall prey to the Rich, Some how they feel the need to give then more. You deserve more, why you don’t want to have the same things the Rich has is beyond me. We are all Gods Children, why can’t we all have the same things in life. It’s there for the taking, not the giving. The people that tell you its better to give then to receive never give anything, they take it all. Change that thought, its ok to receive. The reason we have so much poor is because they keep giving the Rich. Be good to your self. SELF PRESERVATION IN THE LAW OF THE LAND, Practice it.

Just something to think about
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Notice how quite UHOP Members are, of all the times, now you decide to obey Puffy and stay off the internet. Beware; you’re next in line for the UHOP and Puffy’s betrayal. Stop giving that 2,000. This plan is going to run out soon anyway. How many times can you borrow money to give away with no returns?

This is why Jesus oppose having Temples to worship in. You truly have given a new meaning to the phase “Den of Thieves”. Since all of your buildings are Mortgage and Tax free, the most they should be collecting is for the upkeep.

Remember the UHOP was established one generation after Slavery. Many Slaves were lost after they were freed. Grave was their New Savior/Master.

90 years later, isn’t it time to lose your shackles.
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

WAA! WAA! WAA! Shut Up Please. Nobody wants to be a looser like you! UHOP have stop responding bc they are tired. Theres no use. Be Blessed you lifeless nothing....SMH...DONE!!!!
Talk is CHEAP

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

I'm sitting here reading how soo many of you are sympathetic about the folks getting evicted and how the HOP is not reaching out to these people with funding. Well how many of you are reaching out or have reached out to help the families yourself, whether it be financially or just offering a kind word. I bet NONE of you have. Cause if you did, your vain tails would be on her bragging and boasting about it. SOOOO SHUT UP. Yall are always throwing shade against the HOP. Well practice what yall preach. Yall need to get a life, move on and mind your business. If you dont pay your rent or pay it late trust me you will get evicted too, no matter where you reside.
Im Just Saying

Cape Charles, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Talk is CHEAP wrote:
I'm sitting here reading how soo many of you are sympathetic about the folks getting evicted and how the HOP is not reaching out to these people with funding. Well how many of you are reaching out or have reached out to help the families yourself, whether it be financially or just offering a kind word. I bet NONE of you have. Cause if you did, your vain tails would be on her bragging and boasting about it. SOOOO SHUT UP. Yall are always throwing shade against the HOP. Well practice what yall preach. Yall need to get a life, move on and mind your business. If you dont pay your rent or pay it late trust me you will get evicted too, no matter where you reside.
"But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing" - Matthew 6:3
Don't you know that God wants us to give to others without talking about it much less brag or boast? Haven't you read this in your bible or been taught this in your church?
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

SMH---Literally wrote:
WAA! WAA! WAA! Shut Up Please. Nobody wants to be a looser like you! UHOP have stop responding bc they are tired. Theres no use. Be Blessed you lifeless nothing....SMH...DONE!!!!
You really represented yourself well here (insert sarcastic voice). "Be blessed you lifeless nothing." <<< This is a very excellent example of the type of "Christians" the Daddy is producing. Let me repeat. Are we crazy for continuing to post or are you crazy for checking the site regularly waiting for a moment to pop your head in to show everyone just how unlearned you really are?

Although I must commend you. You said something of merit; "DONE". That's exactly what you and your money extorting ponzi scheme of a psuedo church is; "DONE".

AGAPE
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Im Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
"But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing" - Matthew 6:3
Don't you know that God wants us to give to others without talking about it much less brag or boast? Haven't you read this in your bible or been taught this in your church?
Of course our new Sister Talk Is Cheap has not read that scripture. Let me predict that her response will be that of utter silence with nothing of substance to respond with; or she will say something sarcastic like the typical SHUT UP and other gibberish.

Sis. Talk Is Cheap I will take it that your post was directed at me as I was one of the ones who discussed evictions both past and recent. If you would like to know about my charity to those who have been evicted you're here in DC just ask around and you'll find that I have been very much involved in helping those who met those unfortunate circumstances. Just to be fair let me first say that no one is blaming the organization. You're taking it personal because you love the UHOP; we understand. However, set your feelings aside for a moment and think objectively.

One individual was set out while she wasn't at home and all of her personal documents were just on the curb. I.E. social security card, birth certificate, check books. Without assistance from folks like myself and others her eviction could have been much worse for her in the long term, if you follow what I'm saying; think identity theft etc. If you carefully dissect your posting it sings a nursery rhyme tune of: "They didn't pay their rent, that's what they get. To bad so sad, bye bye."

Firstly, few UHOP members even ask the circumstances of the evictions. We assume that OUR UHOP sisters and brothers are just negligent in their responsibilities to pay rent. There are those who are just not paying their rent but there are so many who really need assistance and the UHOP offers absolutely none. These are still your sisters and brothers that you shout with, hustle G-Class with, scrape for love gift with, and more importantly "claim" to love. Yet you simply scold individuals like me for speaking publicly about the UHOP's lack of benevolence. Let me propose the same question to you what charity or kind words have you given to the displaced? Did you sit on the phone and just gossip about the individuals who were evicted?

I don't boast and/or brag about what I do because I respect the dignity, honor, and privacy of my sisters and brothers. I'm certainly not a popular guy in the UHOP community for obvious reasons. However, I still try to help my UHOP sisters and brothers in any capacity that I can even though I'm no longer a member.

As far as telling us ex-members to shut up you can cancel that. Please respond intelligently or walk away from the discussion.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
Remember the UHOP was established one generation after Slavery. Many Slaves were lost after they were freed. Grace was their New Savior/Master.

90 years later, isn’t it time to lose your shackles.
This is very profound to me. I'm compelled to repeat one of my favorite quotes again on the board.

"I freed a thousand slaves I could have free a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."~~Harriet Tubman

I really would love for my UHOP sisters and brothers to study brainwashing and mind control tactics in everyday life and see how it spills over in to religion and even politics. We have to ask why does the UHOP suppress free thought? Why do they discourage questioning the Daddy? How does this compare to dictatorship rulers? Why does everything in the UHOP encompass being subservient and unconditionally obedient to the presiding Bishop?

Master successfully convinced many of the slaves that in spite of his harsh treatments they would be nothing without him. Most of them would rather be subject to the oppression if it meant they didn't have to look for a meal and a place to live. Fear of the unknown kept them enslaved. I'm not sure if my UHOP sisters and brothers understand that analogy. Moving forward my problem is that the "unknown" has been uncovered and still they choose to remain spiritually enslaved. They have convinced themselves that they are not slaves to the traditions and doctrines of the UHOP.

"Get the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything."~ Frank Dane
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

@ Cultastic, to answer your question....you’re crazy for posting. I don’t care if it was another religion, I wouldn’t dare speak such negatively. I understand people will do and say things that we as people do not like but SO WHAT! Stop trying to change people because it’s not going to happen. You should be ashamed, you may not attend the HOP anymore but your name is still in the BOOK! I said nothing but expressing how I feel but why, you express yourself. Stay blessed!
PRETTIE

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

all u must be bored fat and missarabul to be sit on here basheing the sweet hop if u so godly why yall gossipping about gods house???if u left 20 years ago u just need to stop it right now because u do not know what is going on in the house. sweep around you"re own porch 1st before u even worry to sweep around ours we are saved ppl who love god and worship him so stop hateing all you demmons!!!! god be with all of yall
Jaxx212

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

@ Pretti.....SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!......You and I BOTH KNOW that there is NOTHING "sweet" about your cult!!!!!
That $2000 that you spent on that "club" couldve been used for YOUR NEEDS okay???
When your time is up, you cant take none of that money with you anyway.....that just goes to show you that GOD doesnt care anything about that @#$&......
The UHOP worships MONEY & NOT GOD and you KNOW IT!!!!

So again, you can SHUT UP with that bold faced LIE that you just wrote....and get a life while youre at it....geesh!!!!.....smh @ them IGNORANT UHOP folks!!!!
They have gots to be some of the MOST IGNORANT people I have ever encountered.....smh
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

SMH---Literally wrote:
@ Cultastic, to answer your question....you’re crazy for posting. I don’t care if it was another religion, I wouldn’t dare speak such negatively. I understand people will do and say things that we as people do not like but SO WHAT! Stop trying to change people because it’s not going to happen. You should be ashamed, you may not attend the HOP anymore but your name is still in the BOOK! I said nothing but expressing how I feel but why, you express yourself. Stay blessed!
I've done nothing but express myself as well. The difference is that I give objective commentary. You contradict yourself claiming not to speak negative but you called us who no longer worship at the UHOP "lifeless". I definitely can't make you accept the truth but that doesn't stop me from presenting it. The problem is that you can't participate in a discussion about the UHOP without getting your feelings involved. In case you didn't know that "us against them" mentality was carefully crafted by your leaders which is why you can't take objective criticism of your sect. Just ask yourself why certain church organizations discourage scrutiny of it's traditions/practices? Questioning the direction and leadership of the UHOP is always associated with words like disrespect, negative, and let us not forget the devil.

Reading the content of your responses clearly you're young and repeating what you've been handed down before you even knew your name.

"You should be ashamed" <<< Again you can't possibly understand the irony of your words. Foolish pride in my "beliefs" when I was a member of the UHOP made me completely ignorant to life outside of the UHOP and the TRUTH. In that vain I am ashamed at my stubborn unwillingness to put the Creator before a MAN and his ideals and traditions. May I suggest that you be just as ashamed as I am at my unmitigated ignorance to the TRUTH beyond Daddy at one point in my life.

Hey but continue to post we welcome the dialogue.
jesus christ blows me

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

PRETTIE wrote:
all u must be bored fat and missarabul to be sit on here basheing the sweet hop if u so godly why yall gossipping about gods house???if u left 20 years ago u just need to stop it right now because u do not know what is going on in the house. sweep around you"re own porch 1st before u even worry to sweep around ours we are saved ppl who love god and worship him so stop hateing all you demmons!!!! god be with all of yall
Jesus christ should come back from his vampire grave just to teach you how to write.

Happy Halloween!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

PRETTIE wrote:
missarabul = miserable
basheing = bashing
gossipping = gossiping
demmons = demons
hateing = hating

It doesn't matter if one has left 20 years ago or 20 minutes ago it's the same exact foolishness that has been perpetuated since day one. Just a little food for thought for you young sister/brother. We ex-UHOP members/demons decided to sweep around our own front DOOR instead of sweeping, mopping, polishing, and ultimately paying for Daddy's front door, porch, cars, clothes, food, and lavish lifestyle.

You laid a claim to being saved people. If you don't mind please oblige us with an explanation of how the members of the UHOP are "a saved people". I'm just asking for clarity in your claims.

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."~~Martin Luther King
SMH---Literally

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

First off Cultastic, I don't know why you feel the comment of "lifeless", was not meant for previous UHOP members, it was meant for Gee-Tee, who he/she is, but you felt a need to respond to this "young" person, so you say. And who said my feelings were involved because if I was mad or upset you would know. I dont have to come at you on this discussion board, I would go straight to the source. Anyway, I express my desire to stay with the HOP like you express your feelings of me leaving because we are "UNEDUCATED". how about you educate yourself on how to mind yours and not others because the comments are lame. HOP members get spam while all you othes get props. You are out on a mission and thats so sad that you would really sit there and criticize what someone else is doing. You did it so be done with the negativety because you're unsure of what you really want to do.:)....
Eyes-On-Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
missarabul = miserable
basheing = bashing
gossipping = gossiping
demmons = demons
hateing = hating
It doesn't matter if one has left 20 years ago or 20 minutes ago it's the same exact foolishness that has been perpetuated since day one. Just a little food for thought for you young sister/brother. We ex-UHOP members/demons decided to sweep around our own front DOOR instead of sweeping, mopping, polishing, and ultimately paying for Daddy's front door, porch, cars, clothes, food, and lavish lifestyle.
You laid a claim to being saved people. If you don't mind please oblige us with an explanation of how the members of the UHOP are "a saved people". I'm just asking for clarity in your claims.
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."~~Martin Luther King
Aw!!! Man!!! Cultastic, why did you have to ask her that?!!! Now, she's never going to come back!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,501 - 4,520 of8,100
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••