United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 20 comments on the Apr 7, 2008, www.topix.net story titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Saved

United States

#4156 Nov 23, 2012
Partner in Christ wrote:
1st letter continued:
Would you invest your hard earned money into a known ponzi scheme where you give and give with
no return on your investment? NEVER! Housing is being built with our money but not for us.•
WHAT? Are you Serious? We can't live in the Bailey Lofts ($2065 per month). But Daddy Bailey
would gladly take your $2000 Love Gift/"G" class report. Members we need to UNITE and DEMAND
an independent audit be conducted on every House in this kingdom for the past twenty years. We need
3405to know how much money was raised. How much was spent and for what. Is that too much to ask? If
everything balances out, No Harm, NO Foul. But if funds are unaccounted for, then, we have a
problem.
We have Pastors who have dedicated their entire lives to this organization and get nothing in return...
you need to get ur facts straight, most pastors get a big offering as well as an anniversary every year in which tbey get good money thier offering goes up on the different holidays. Once agan get ur facts straight every Elder who servea 5 years or more gets a check when they retirer n as far as an audit being done the government has been watching the HOP since Daddy Grace time, when passed they took all monet n some property Daddy Mccollough the only man n a black to fight the IRS and won the HOP money n property back what u r calling for don't make sense, why don't u give it a rest by the way all of this public record!
Saved

United States

#4157 Nov 23, 2012
Blessed to know the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Grace, McCollough,Madison preached alot of mess including this scare tactic! Please!!!!! A girl in my class once tried to fight me cause i asked her why she had a pic of madison in her note book at school. How many kids you know carry a pic of their pastor in their note books! What that is called brain washing an a CULT! Please !!!ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!
you sound so foolish! What r the procedure to brain wash someone. You put people down for having a picture of the Bishop, what about all those who prasises Basketball n Baseball players n singers stars , focus on that all of our Bishops have given us positive teaching back up by the Holy Bible.
Saved

United States

#4158 Nov 24, 2012
Blessed to know the truth wrote:
You are so right! I recently watched a You-tube of a local church an they are just literally dancing to the beat of the band that daddy has made. I must admit that it does sound pretty good. But I am not impressed with the church or the band I am more impressed that these are self taught musicians an most are your African Americans. Imagine if they put that effort into education instead of just UHOP band. Imagaine if they hit the books an became doctors, lawyers for the community. No! they are merely happy with just being in daddies band an sounding good for a few minutes.As for the members jumping around to the beat.One of the women in the video lives up the street from me an on the video she is just swaying an acting like she is in the spirit and we all know she is one of the meanest women in the town, she even threatened a kid with a baseball bat one time, but they claim to live so righteous. Its sad that they are dancing to the band on the outside but have not love an the holy spirit on the inside.As for 1 million for Bailey! What for? Does he really need that. He needs to take that money and come to Claxton Ga an get his ppl out of the projects, run down trailers, old board houses.I do have a question why does there minister podium stand off to the side instead of front an center like traditional churches.
As for them mean sister the sign reads united House of Prayer for People this what God named it, therfor you have all people wbich is subject to different behavior.The pastors roster is front n center the Bishop roster is off to the side.
Saved

United States

#4159 Nov 24, 2012
Excuse the typo not use to this keyboard on this phone.
Bring out the truth

La Habra, CA

#4160 Nov 24, 2012
Wake up young lady . My aunt had sex with Daddy Grace several times. She told me that even if you told anyone about it they would say you are crazy. She also told me he attempted sex on her 9 year old sister in their parents home. My point in telling you this is because no one on this earth is greater then God and his son Jesus. Granted Bailey is not having sex because he is certainly to fat to attempt it with any rational thinking women.

The UHOP is right but when you have a careless leader it will effect the church as a whole. I do attend and like 95% of the membership I am standing still and waiting on God to remove this very large problem. My aunt also told me that Bishop Lady Dee knew about the sex bring forced on the young maids and that she was also having sex with him. I'm sorry but this is the truth. Most people that heard McCollough speak remember hearing him say the wrong man can get in the chair and just stand still and mark time.

There are many people that has been hurt by all of the mess that's going on in the HOP. God is not apart of confusion and if you really look at things the people are not happy and if you heard McCollough you understand what I'm saying.
Saved

United States

#4161 Nov 25, 2012
We do not pray to Daddy, who told you that lie! We have never prayed to him, that' why I have said before get ur facts straight.
In Question

Columbia, SC

#4162 Nov 26, 2012
You all pray to Jesus through and by Daddy Grace, McCulloguh, Madison and now Bailey.

Let's not play these games. No where can you find in the scripture that offers this as a model for prayer.
Make the devil a liar by finally telling the truth!!!!!!!
Big Tiny

Bridgeport, NJ

#4163 Nov 26, 2012
Bring out the truth wrote:
Wake up young lady . My aunt had sex with Daddy Grace several times. She told me that even if you told anyone about it they would say you are crazy. She also told me he attempted sex on her 9 year old sister in their parents home. My point in telling you this is because no one on this earth is greater then God and his son Jesus. Granted Bailey is not having sex because he is certainly to fat to attempt it with any rational thinking women.
The UHOP is right but when you have a careless leader it will effect the church as a whole. I do attend and like 95% of the membership I am standing still and waiting on God to remove this very large problem. My aunt also told me that Bishop Lady Dee knew about the sex bring forced on the young maids and that she was also having sex with him. I'm sorry but this is the truth. Most people that heard McCollough speak remember hearing him say the wrong man can get in the chair and just stand still and mark time.
There are many people that has been hurt by all of the mess that's going on in the HOP. God is not apart of confusion and if you really look at things the people are not happy and if you heard McCollough you understand what I'm saying.
I respect that 100 percent!!!!!
Im Free

Glenside, PA

#4164 Nov 26, 2012
Big Tiny wrote:
<quoted text>I respect that 100 percent!!!!!
That true because I was a victim of Old Daddy Grace.. But I disagree about the HOP being right. It can't be right and wrong. Its either or. It can't be luke warm. Its wrong to have young innocent girls molested at ages 13, 14, 15.
Im Free

Glenside, PA

#4165 Nov 26, 2012
Saved wrote:
We do not pray to Daddy, who told you that lie! We have never prayed to him, that' why I have said before get ur facts straight.
Who did you call on when you got saved? I'll tell you who you called and it was not Jesus. Because you were taught that you call on Daddy, daddy, daddy when you seek for the holy ghost because you are really calling on the christ in daddy Bailey not Bailey.(and thats a fact)

Since: Nov 12

Columbia, SC

#4166 Nov 28, 2012
..........The UHOP is right but when you have a careless leader it will .
I'm going to get right to it... The UHOP is right? What makes the UHOP right? Somebody please tell me. Give it to us straight. When Jesus was walking the earth, he didn't go around telling people to go to the UHOP. At least I never read it. So how is it right? I've hear many times...."the UHOP is right, it's just the people".

Here's something to think about.... If Jesus was here today would He sit at the UHOP and state that He will stay right where He is and not going anywhere. Just sit there on a throne over a few people in this entire world. Would He also demand you not to go anywhere to spread His gospel and that if the world wants to know about Him, they must visit the projects of New York, New Jersey DC, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, etc. and do a search for the UHOP? Really? Would He say...if the people are not at the UHOP, then they won't get to see or hear from me (Jesus). Really? Do you think that Jesus would ignore other people in other states of the United State, or other countries, ie....Japan, China, Africa, Australia. Do you think that He would just ignore them? "House of Prayer is right". Oh.....kay. Does that make the Saint John Episcopal church (made up name) wrong? What does the 'UHOP is right" really mean?

Not trying to market here, but I have sprint phone service. When I have issues, I call sprint and demand to fix the issues or "I'm out". I don't call other sprint customers and convince them that maybe Sprint has issues but "Sprint is right". I may have drop calls and unnecessary charges, but I know for sure Sprint is right and I'm not going NOWHERE!!! Please!!!!If I get another drop call, I'm gonna to change plans!!

This is what I heard...."Jesus came to save the world" not just a few people over a few states within America.
organized religion

Philadelphia, PA

#4167 Nov 28, 2012
Here's my issue, why do members feel the need to NOW deny practices and teachings that have been in effect for over 60years.

If you find it okay to practice behind closed doors, why not stand for those same practices in public?
I have seen so many facebook postings where ppl are making up stories just to make things seem better than what they are; don't you realize that if you have to alter the truth, there is something wrong?

If you have to pretend you had a good time in service and you really didn't.........something is wrong

If you pretend you do not call on the name daddy in front of the world but do in the privacy of the HOP.......... something is wrong.

If you refuse to repeat what your bishop and pastors say because you don't want anyone to question it..........something is wrong.
organized religion

Philadelphia, PA

#4168 Nov 28, 2012
Another topic

Does anyone knows what happens to the money donated to G-class, tithes and other offerings?

I was talking with a friend earlier and they explained a member received a silver necklace and charm given to ppl who were on the 6th flr which would be about $3k. The member had the necklace appraised and it was valued at less than $20.00.

I’m a little confused. I don’t understand what is happening to all of the money collected.
The only money that I know that is dedicated to the House is church offering, g-class, tithes, special offerings, love gifts are all sent to DC…..correct?

Here’s the breakdown that has me perplexed. If 2,500 people paid $2,000 each for daddy’s club (plz know the actual numbers are much larger) the total would be $5million dollars. If those ppl then received the gifts with a monetary value of $50.00 each, that totals to be $125,000.

So, 5,000,000.00 -$125,000.=$4,875,000.00 + love gifts + tithes+ other g-class contributions+ special offerings + dues + auxiliary fees+etc.=$$$$$$

*The pastors do not receive a salary from the organization or an expense account.
*Are there any “organization sponsored” charitable programs outside of the scholarship fund, which according to the HOP website states “Lady Madison continues to financially support the Program with assistance from the current Leader, Bishop C.M. Bailey, and the support of past recipients, their parents, members and other contributors.” And would also be a tax write off for Lady Dee.

*Individual houses do not receive help for the up keep for the bldgs., they are forced to sink or swim on their own and many times other houses in that state are forced to help a struggling house with their bills, because the funds have not or will not be sent from DC

*You pay to ride the buses.
* No monetary help for members who are having financial hardships
* No low income daycare or after school programs
* No low cost transportation for members
* The low income apts (what’s left) are operating with a profit because there are not taxes and minimum up keep.
*No food bank
*No training and back to work programs…

I could go on and on but you get the point………….. My question after all of this is,

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MONEY???

Since: Nov 12

Columbia, SC

#4169 Nov 28, 2012
organized religion wrote:
Another topic
Does anyone knows what happens to the money donated to G-class, tithes and other offerings?
I was talking with a friend earlier and they explained a member received a silver necklace and charm given to ppl who were on the 6th flr which would be about $3k. The member had the necklace appraised and it was valued at less than $20.00.
I’m a little confused. I don’t understand what is happening to all of the money collected.
The only money that I know that is dedicated to the House is church offering, g-class, tithes, special offerings, love gifts are all sent to DC…..correct?
Here’s the breakdown that has me perplexed. If 2,500 people paid $2,000 each for daddy’s club (plz know the actual numbers are much larger) the total would be $5million dollars. If those ppl then received the gifts with a monetary value of $50.00 each, that totals to be $125,000.
So, 5,000,000.00 -$125,000.=$4,875,000.00 + love gifts + tithes+ other g-class contributions+ special offerings + dues + auxiliary fees+etc.=$$$$$$
*??
I really don't know exactly what all the different monies are used for, but I can say that the church offering stays in the House, and is not sent to DC. The Church offering is used for exactly what you mentioned: upkeep up the House, utilities, supplies, etc. The issue: Most Houses church offering programs is not a priority until the cut off notices are received; at that time the pressure is on the members to increase their offerings for that particular time, and some Houses borrow from others. It's trifling! The Reason: The money that is sent to DC (G-Class/Daddies Club) is the top priority making the Pastors/State Chairmen look good at the expense of the members. Furthermore, it benefits DC while the House struggles to keep their lights on and water flowing.

Members prefer to drop a $100 or $500 in a given G-Class program, but act agitated and broke when asked to pay $20 for church offering or a $6.00 meal. They have secretaries, presidents, and cafeteria workers having to purchase their own supplies because church offering is not a focus for the Houses. If only they would take advantage of the fact that church offering can be arranged to help with alot of different types of expenses and sources, members will have a better understanding of how a church is suppose to operate and may learn how charity works as well. Sending monies to DC is like "diamonds going down the drain". The investment is worthless; no returns. Teach the members to pay Church offering like they do G-Class and maybe there can be some established supportive programs for the members with the right type of concerned pastor. BUT LET'S BE REALISTIC, UHOP men can't be real men in the UHOP. So sorry if I hurt somebody's feelings. But if you can't stand up and tell another man he's wrong, AND help push for a change for your congregation, marriages, families and members, and guest....then your not a MAN. Your just a "son of a Bi..Ah..shop." (Bishop)

Unfortunately, pastors are trying to please "Daddy" and pleasing "Daddy" is the ticket to keeping their pastor seats; so being a man is difficult trying to follow behind the set-up of the HOP. Go against the grain for the members sake and learn that you can lose your seat quickly.

Other monies like state expenses, fines, and fees are being used at the discretion of the pastor. But! For some Houses, you may want to check in on Sunday School offerings. Your Sunday School offerings may not really being going towards offering afterall. The name of Sunday School offering should be changed to something much more appropriate.

Maybe someone else can enlighten you on the other monies.
Saved

Lawrenceville, GA

#4170 Nov 28, 2012
SAW Charlotte NC wrote:
When you are right, you don't have to fight!
This is a spiritual kingdom, and without a spiritual eye, you will never see it. The scripture acknowledges, "it is hidden from those who are lost". When you really don't know the principles and understanding of an organization, ugly comments is the worst possible way to learn. It might be an intelligent move to either learn first, even if you don't agree, or be silent. Ignorance will not be an excuse when you have to explain to the Yougreat "I AM" your uninformed analogy of how you think people should serve God. If you are not a member and do not understand, you should probably stand on the sidelines, you might accidentally learn a thing or two!
You r so right!
Saved

Lawrenceville, GA

#4171 Nov 28, 2012
with all that sex going on, how come ur aunt never got pregnet n why wait until now n tell this 54 years later. Is ur aunt still a member n do she still attend?
Bring out the truth

Santa Ana, CA

#4172 Nov 28, 2012
One go from time to time and one is no longer alive but had stop attending. No my aunt did not get pragant be she knew girls that did. The is an Elder right now in GA that is a son of daddy grace. Also Daddy McCollough youngest son (punk in they called him) was not by Madame. Therefore these men of God had multiple women. Now God will judge them but people need to understand these men are human and can get weak. Only Jesus was perfect and without sin. Clearly you are very young but what if it happen to you, what would you do? Would you call the police? What if you got pragant what would you do?
Saved

United States

#4173 Nov 29, 2012
Iwould not have had sex with none of them n if i was forced i would report it! Sorry about the aunt thatpassed did she tell this back then n before she passed? ur aunt that comes sometime what is her opion about all of this. What happen to all the other girls .n the children. Who is the Elder in GA n do he know hes D addy Graces son?
New Life

North Haven, CT

#4174 Dec 7, 2012
There is a letter circulating that Bishop L Thompson has written to the members of the House of Prayer. If you are a member looking for answers to questions that you have about the present state of the House of Prayer, this letter may help you. If it has not gotten you yet and you want to read it, email me at thmplinds@msn.com. If you are happy and satisfied with things, continue enjoying, this is not for you nor against you. It just doesn't apply. This is for those who KNOW something is wrong. Hebrews unite, Cultastic and all those who have already determined that the House of Prayer is a cult and its leaders (Grace and McCollough) were false prophets, need not email me. You are too wise for this stuff. This is not a letter to bash the House of Prayer but rather defend it.
Big Tiny

Bear, DE

#4175 Dec 19, 2012
Im Free wrote:
<quoted text>
That true because I was a victim of Old Daddy Grace.. But I disagree about the HOP being right. It can't be right and wrong. Its either or. It can't be luke warm. Its wrong to have young innocent girls molested at ages 13, 14, 15.
i am truly saddened by what has been done to u! No one deserves that crap! If i had to pick my two favorite things in the HOP it would be the chicken and the music

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min karl44 584,673
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 18 hr barry 84,080
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... Apr 25 Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed Apr 25 W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... Apr 24 tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Apr 24 JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Apr 24 Tom Jones 1
More from around the web