United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 9602 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4136 Nov 14, 2012
In Question wrote:
Time is Winding up,
Take a little bit of time and read all of the previous post. There you will see that it is more than just the man that is wrong. It is the system of beliefs, the doctrine, the criminal activity and so much more that is wrong with UHOP. All I can say is, if anyone plans to make heaven their home, they better leave that system.
I agree but I disagree. I don't know your history or affiliation with the HOP so I'm just going to assume you've been there and was active therefore you'd unstand there concept of "THE MAN". The house of prayer starts from the mountain to the front door and if "the man" is wrong then the church is wrong. You speak of that system, when that system was established it was right and i know you and many people disagree as I expect you to cus there's some things that you don't know or still dont understand but it was right. The system along with the man being right is the reason the HOP thrived for so many years. I'll encourage you and anyone who talks about the church in a negative way to fully study the history of "the man" and there role they played in reference to the church, the bible speaks of it and defends the church from its start to today.

Location hidden

#4137 Nov 14, 2012
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question is too vague. However, if your question is do I believe I had the holy ghost when I was in the UHOP the answer is NO. When I was in there I believed that's what it was. However, my belief and the truth are two different things. I can't speak for others who claim to have the spirit of Christ but for me calling on Daddy I couldn't have had it.
I understand how you feel but I must say while you were there you did have the Holy Ghost and you got it calling on the name "Daddy" as soo many other people did, that's the reason why you stayed there soo long playing on the bands, participating in the G-Class program, traveling the highway and shouting it's because your Holy Ghost kept you in the church and sustained you comforted you as it was suppose to do. That's the reason why I have a issue with you and soo many people that have left will then call the church a cult or cult like because you're not there or there was a issue or issues that you did not understand and so because or your lack of "THE TRUTH" I say that because you have knowledge and I can tell you have done your research to some degree but not all of your knowledge is the truth and most importantly it's based your own carnal understanding therefore the understanding of the spiritual side of church is what you are missing and I think that would help enlighten you a little more.
In Question

Columbia, SC

#4138 Nov 14, 2012
Time,

Your picture speaks volumes. It says more than you you may think. Therefore, I will do what I have previously done and point you back to the history of your church which is all throughout these pages. You can see all the issues for yourself. Then go to the scripture and in sincere prayer and ask God to show you where the teachings line up with the the scriptures.

Location hidden

#4139 Nov 14, 2012
In Question wrote:
Time,
Your picture speaks volumes. It says more than you you may think. Therefore, I will do what I have previously done and point you back to the history of your church which is all throughout these pages. You can see all the issues for yourself. Then go to the scripture and in sincere prayer and ask God to show you where the teachings line up with the the scriptures.
Well I don't go there anymore I left when McCollough died, but I do know the teaching and history of the HOP. My knowledge comes from not only living the life in the church but praying asking God for knowledge and understanding as the bible tells us to do. I have read a lot of the comments in this forum and I'm not going to let the opinions of angry people who have left or never been in the church influence me. I'm not going to discredit the HOP because people have issues with it, no matter how right it was people will always have issues with it, they had issues with Jesus, they called him the devil but that didn't take away from who he was/is. Most of the people if not all aren't even qualified to search the scripture and make a judgement on the HOP because as the scripture says 2 Corinthians 3:6 "the letter Killeth, but spirit giveth life, meaning reading the bible with a carnal mind and no spirit to teach you you will not be able to get a full understanding of the church history, there is a natural side and there's a spiritual side as well and that's the part that's missing.
Big Tiny

Stratford, NJ

#4140 Nov 14, 2012
Well i left when Mccollough died too! I still love Mccollough but the HOP is as crooked as I on the St. Ides bottle of malt liqour! The bottom line is its too much DADDY and no Jesus!! Point blank period!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4141 Nov 14, 2012
Timeiswindingup wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand how you feel but I must say while you were there you did have the Holy Ghost and you got it calling on the name "Daddy" as soo many other people did, that's the reason why you stayed there soo long playing on the bands, participating in the G-Class program, traveling the highway and shouting it's because your Holy Ghost kept you in the church and sustained you comforted you as it was suppose to do. That's the reason why I have a issue with you and soo many people that have left will then call the church a cult or cult like because you're not there or there was a issue or issues that you did not understand and so because or your lack of "THE TRUTH" I say that because you have knowledge and I can tell you have done your research to some degree but not all of your knowledge is the truth and most importantly it's based your own carnal understanding therefore the understanding of the spiritual side of church is what you are missing and I think that would help enlighten you a little more.
This is very difficult to respond to because based upon the following excerpt of your response you likely know of me personally:“that's the reason why you stayed there soo long playing on the bands, participating in the G-Class program, traveling the highway and shouting it's because your Holy Ghost kept you in the church and sustained you comforted you as it was suppose to do”

My issues run deeper than the current Bishop. Bishop McCollough is still a hero of mine but when I sort through the truth and his biblical teachings I realize and accept that he failed as well. I give him credit for the good he done. In fact I appreciate his ability to chastise but make you feel loved right after. He was what I consider a man’s man. I understand that you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. However, going beyond that there’s a darker side to him religiously, and every UHOP bishop going back to Grace that just doesn’t sit well with my inner spirit.

The bottom line is that any man can sit in that seat and as long as the UHOP members are paying money and perpetuating a 90+ year old belief system without question or scrutiny anything goes. The UHOP members will never believe that there can be a wrong Daddy. In fact were any of them right?

If the UHOP was ever on the right path getting back to it would be like a man with no arms trying to throw a baseball; virtually impossible. The indoctrination is so deep that unborn generations will fall victim to the same mindless “we need somebody to lead us to GOD” mess. I liken it to modern day slavery.

“It’s nothing wrong with what Daddy did until the truth was discovered.”

Location hidden

#4142 Nov 14, 2012
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very difficult to respond to because based upon the following excerpt of your response you likely know of me personally:“that's the reason why you stayed there soo long playing on the bands, participating in the G-Class program, traveling the highway and shouting it's because your Holy Ghost kept you in the church and sustained you comforted you as it was suppose to do”
My issues run deeper than the current Bishop. Bishop McCollough is still a hero of mine but when I sort through the truth and his biblical teachings I realize and accept that he failed as well. I give him credit for the good he done. In fact I appreciate his ability to chastise but make you feel loved right after. He was what I consider a man’s man. I understand that you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. However, going beyond that there’s a darker side to him religiously, and every UHOP bishop going back to Grace that just doesn’t sit well with my inner spirit.
The bottom line is that any man can sit in that seat and as long as the UHOP members are paying money and perpetuating a 90+ year old belief system without question or scrutiny anything goes. The UHOP members will never believe that there can be a wrong Daddy. In fact were any of them right?
If the UHOP was ever on the right path getting back to it would be like a man with no arms trying to throw a baseball; virtually impossible. The indoctrination is so deep that unborn generations will fall victim to the same mindless “we need somebody to lead us to GOD” mess. I liken it to modern day slavery.
“It’s nothing wrong with what Daddy did until the truth was discovered.”
To answer your question "was any of them right?" Yes, Grace and McCullough was after them there was a change that took place 2 Thessalonians 2 chapter, judgement was set and so the wrong man had to sit in the chair. Because that happened people discredited that seat as to say if Madison and bailey can sit in it and nothing happened to them then it most not be any thing to it, therefore Grace and McCullough didn't have anything but that's not true.
There is too much daddy and McCullough knew that that's why for the last 2 yrs of his life he tried to change the church back to Jesus. He told them its in the name of Jesus, call on Jesus and not daddy but it was too late the name daddy had taken root into the people for too long.
As far as the money McCullough raised a lot of money not for him but for the church and he did a lot of things for the church with that money. McCullough was very conservative he had old cars he never flew on planes he never misused the money. However the next one after him went crazy and did the total opposite of conservative and rebuild houses that didn't need it, brought cars for himself that cost a half million dollars, paid preachers who wasn't worthy to be paid, he had no vision for the church instead he just destroyed all the work that McCullough did in 31yrs. The hop is suppose to be prosperous, God promised to take care of this children, so the money was/is a vital tool in any church but the problem is you have the wrong people with there hand in the cookie jar.

Since: Dec 10

Brooklyn, NY

#4143 Nov 14, 2012
Quote uhop member
A man that Jesus sends that helps a sinner turn from his ways and walks a righteous path is that persons personal savior

Hummm
Question: How do you turn a sinner around when you are sinning yourself? Was the Savior supposed to Rape the Children? The Bible also said “Mark the Perfect Man. Since Jesus was the only Perfect Man walking this earth, then Jesus is the only man we should be following.
You want to close your eyes on all the afflictions that were put on the innocent and put your faith in a Man, I say to you go right ahead. But know this; you can not justify my pain.
You can quote all the Bible verses you want. You will not find a verse that say “You should look the other way when the children were crying out for help.

Quote Timeiswindingup
Well I don't go there anymore I left when McCollough died, but I do know the teaching and history of the HOP.

Question: Why did you leave? To know the teaching and history, then you also know it was a lie. Grace acquired an enormous amount of wealth on the backs of low uneducated poor people, so did McCollough and now Puffy. Like the others Puffy is building housing in his name. UHOP members will never benefit from their giving’s.

Ask yourself how many time did you see any of Grace Family working in the UHOP. Yet they are still reaping the profits given by UHOP members. Some of McCollough grandchildren that left will also become very rich. Yet you say this teaching is right. Define right for me, because I now live a much blessed life since I started surrounding myself with people that believed in Jesus, not Daddy. I left because the one person I truly believed God had fixed was just a man in sheep’s clothing. Trying to score anyway he could. Sex should not have been on these so call “Men of God” minds except with their wives. Not with the children, I was fourteen. Did God fix these Daddies only at the Church?
You’re wrong if Daddy say jump they jump. He had the power to change the mind set, but he didn’t.
They built Churches members can’t afford the up-keep, some housing in their names only, not the Churches. Where are the outreach programs?
Eyes on Christ

United States

#4144 Nov 15, 2012
Timeiswindingup wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative! It was no Holy Ghost that makes/made anyone stay and play on bands, shout, travel from House to House. It was their emotional commitment to the UHOP that "rooted" the members. The hype of the shout bands and the house of prayer swag can attract anyone. Let me also remind you to take into consideration......Faith and believing in something is a powerful phenomenon. Holy Ghost or no Holy Ghost/right or wrong.....there is nothing anyone can do when someone is hanging on by their faith in something. In other words, be cautious not to assume that members stay because of being "kept by the Holy Ghost".- There are many faithful Holy Ghost confessed members who attend almost nightly...involved in many HOP activities and just as wrong as little girls standing up for hours fanning a man for a blessing called two dollars.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#4145 Nov 15, 2012
Timeiswindingup wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't go there anymore I left when McCollough died, but I do know the teaching and history of the HOP. My knowledge comes from not only living the life in the church but praying asking God for knowledge and understanding as the bible tells us to do. I have read a lot of the comments in this forum and I'm not going to let the opinions of angry people who have left or never been in the church influence me. I'm not going to discredit the HOP because people have issues with it, no matter how right it was people will always have issues with it, they had issues with Jesus, they called him the devil but that didn't take away from who he was/is. Most of the people if not all aren't even qualified to search the scripture and make a judgement on the HOP because as the scripture says 2 Corinthians 3:6 "the letter Killeth, but spirit giveth life, meaning reading the bible with a carnal mind and no spirit to teach you you will not be able to get a full understanding of the church history, there is a natural side and there's a spiritual side as well and that's the part that's missing.
ANGRY? Whose angry?@In Question...are you angry? Cultastic, are you angry? Hebrewsunite, G-Tee, Big Tiny ,Justwanttoliveright....are you angry about something? For those who may have commented about experiences and views does not mean their angry. Dissapointed maybe a better term. Read back more and learn whose really angry so you can be correct. Yes, there's concern.....perhaps major concerns because many of us have love ones that are consumed by untruths that effects families. If we don't address them, who will?
Hebrewsunite

Everett, WA

#4146 Nov 15, 2012
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
ANGRY? Whose angry?@In Question...are you angry? Cultastic, are you angry? Hebrewsunite, G-Tee, Big Tiny ,Justwanttoliveright....are you angry about something? For those who may have commented about experiences and views does not mean their angry. Dissapointed maybe a better term. Read back more and learn whose really angry so you can be correct. Yes, there's concern.....perhaps major concerns because many of us have love ones that are consumed by untruths that effects families. If we don't address them, who will?
Very well said,

Shaluwm
In Question

Columbia, SC

#4147 Nov 15, 2012
Nope, I'm not angry!!!!

Brooklyn, NY

#4148 Nov 15, 2012
Quote Timeiswindingup
"Was any of them right?" Yes, Grace and McCullough was

“The UHOP has enough money too last until the end of time – 1960 McCollough”

I repeat this phrase because I want you to try and understand. No Church should continue to raise the amount of money the UHOP does and never give some of it back to the people that help raise it. McCollough did not make this money work for its people. Some of Your Ministers in this day and time are not even getting 50.00 a week in Pastors offering, Yet are responsible to pay every due that is required. A Financial Committee should be in place, No one person should control everything. Even the President has a Congress. No decisions are made by a Majority. Your Council is a joke, the Bishops run everything. You can make a suggestion, however if Puffy disagree it’s forgotten.

They had young people working for the UHOP as Secretaries. They never took Social Security payments out of their check. Now these young people are old and realize they are not eligible for SS Benefits. They had no Pension Plan in place either. The same thing is happening to your Pastors. This is a business and should run accordingly to protect your people’s future.

These members delicate their lives to the UHOP, why do they have to wait until they die to be rewarded? I’ve said this before “If you have that kind of Knowledge and Power to brainwash your people, do it too better the people. Why keep your people oppress. Haven’t Black Folks had enough of Oppression? Train your Members too think for their selves. Give them a reason for living other then serving a Man. Since you have that control, make a highly Educated Community that would stun the World. Make God proud he created a Black Man.”

You can not go too the UHOP Bishops for help in no way of fashion. They help no one in need. There are no senior homes, food programs, clothing drive, outreach programs, etc. That’s what Church should be about, to step in when government fails.

Puffy is Selfish, Inconsiderate, Arrogant, Mean and truly not Gods Messengers. He was handed a good thing and he’s abusing it.
tomuchmess

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4149 Nov 16, 2012
Timeiswindingup wrote:
I have a question for all the former members of the hop: do u believe in the Holy Ghost and if so did you ever have it?.
Why? Are you going to tell them that they called on one of these so called daddies to get filled? God fills his people with His Sprit Not man!!!

Brooklyn, NY

#4150 Nov 17, 2012
Two sure ways of becoming Rich is too be a Minister or Politician. This is a know fact, why do you think there are so many of them. The Ministers may start out wanting to praise God. However, once the money starts flowing in, it’s about praising them selves.
Money is what we need to survive; it’s the love of money that changes people. That’s why they never put poor people in charge.
You have to be use of money in order for money to work.

The UHOP rebuild churches that didn’t need to be rebuilt. The UHOP put churches within walking blocks from each other. This is misuse of power with money. When a church was even thought of being built, Housing, Schools, Nursing Homes, or any thing too better the community it rely on too succeed should have been in the equation. Remember the UHOP didn’t need a loan, the money was always there.

If you had a Council that had an input in the planning these things could have been done. If you had educated people in the right positions, this would have been done. For one Man too make all the decisions is misuse of power.

The UHOP members spent a decade pleasing Men. These men are mortals and were never given these luxuries before becoming Bishops. To have this kind of power gave them the impression they were God. So there were no needs to teach God. Why spoil a good thing.

The question is now that knowledge is presented to you what are you going to do with this knowledge. Are you going to pull you head out of the sand or are you going to continue to let a Mortal Man lead you down the path of destruction?

Look it’s like the drug addict, once he’s made up his mind up not to use drugs, he no longer associate with addicts. That’s what happens when you truly find Jesus, you no longer associate with those who didn’t.

Brooklyn, NY

#4151 Nov 17, 2012
Correction: I should have said, “Accept Jesus as your Savior” because Jesus was never lost. It was we that had to be found.
ChristIsTheAnswe r

Temple Hills, MD

#4152 Nov 19, 2012
Timeiswindingup wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't go there anymore I left when McCollough died,.
WHAT???!!!!!..You don't go there anymore??????
Saved

United States

#4153 Nov 19, 2012
You have left out so many factual things, all u r doing is bashing . I will be back with those facts.
Saved

United States

#4154 Nov 20, 2012
Timeiswindingup wrote:
<quoted text>
U seem to be rejecting a way of life that you lived by for soo many years, if its the man then reject the man but don't declare the whole way of life to be wrong because of one thing.
why r u concerned about the love gift, the Bishop does not get a salary. He deserve whats given to him n its not the members sacrifice(tithes,g-class, offering) why don't u focus on the mega churches n thier pastors or just focus on where u attend now get a life!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4155 Nov 20, 2012
Saved wrote:
<quoted text>why r u concerned about the love gift, the Bishop does not get a salary. He deserve whats given to him n its not the members sacrifice(tithes,g-class, offering) why don't u focus on the mega churches n thier pastors or just focus on where u attend now get a life!
Here's a better question for you young man/lady. Why aren't you concerned about the love gift? If I had to choose between an unregulated undisclosed "love gift" and a salary (BTW it's the same thing) I'd opt for the job that pays me under the disguise of a "love gift."

I can see that you're very young, I'll guess between 13 and 15. You are feeding off of what you were taught. I got it the cars belong to the church and not him. However, you forget that only he can ride in them. Secondly, he's the Bishop until he dies. Therefore through simple logic we can conclude that the church pays his bills, buys his cars, buys his food, etc. Now this is in addition to the "love gift" monies. You do the math and ask yourself where that money comes from. Here's a hint it starts with G-(class) and also T-(ithes). BTW did we mention that only he can make decisions on what's done with ALL monies in the UHOP.

All Bishop has to do is take small portions of the money and build church buildings/apartments in the ghetto and sale promises of hope, faith, and his GOD to biblically unlearned folks. The return on that investment is a life where he'll never have to do an honest days work to make a living. Two people will never be out of business in the inner cities of America the Asian liquor store owners and Daddy; both set up shop on every corner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 600,083
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 4 hr GTID62 289
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 11 hr Catholic24 84,332
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web