United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10694 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4096 Oct 12, 2012
Educate yourselves UHOP sisters and brothers. This is what's being done with your Daddy's club monies.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/hous...

Also I urge you to question the newest church being dedicated in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. How many members do they have out there?

Please stop turning a blind eye.
cece

Kent, WA

#4097 Oct 14, 2012
I do hope that man was not murdered because he prayed in the name of Jesus and not in the name of his predecessor Daddy Grace or any of the other daddies. The older people did not like for him to tell the people to calm down and not dance into a trance. He also tried his best to bring the church to know Christ Jesus and not follow him , a mere man. He also met a lot of opposition. I told a retired friend of his who visited him a lot to watch him as he might be in danger. He listened to me. That man died several months before Elder Madison died. I hope he finds peace. It is like the Catholic Church, U will never know.
I Just Want 2 Live Right

Dover, DE

#4098 Oct 15, 2012
Has anyone heard that Bishop Bailey was allowed to finish out his convocation season THIS YEAR. But now has been restricted to the DC area until completion of an FBI Investigation Levied against the church ?
Daddys Gurl

Austell, GA

#4099 Oct 15, 2012
Lies Lies Lies...At the 8 o' clock hour while we are around the holy mountain Dad is interceding for his children!!! The food at ALL UHOP's is holy, blessed, and clean! & OHHHHHH I must say just the thought that anyone would ever kill Daddy Madison is so wrong and SICK!!! Who, What, And Why would anyone want Gods Man gone?? And Gods covering Daddy Bailey and ain't on FBI investigation!!! What proof of any of the things you people named is there? NONE!!! YIG
In Question

Columbia, SC

#4100 Oct 15, 2012
Daddy's Girl,

Your don't have a clue!!!! If your ignorance wasn't so pitiful, it would be funny!

I do hope you aren't older than about 12 years old. Your post seem very young and naive.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#4101 Oct 15, 2012
cece wrote:
I do hope that man was not murdered because he prayed in the name of Jesus and not in the name of his predecessor Daddy Grace or any of the other daddies. The older people did not like for him to tell the people to calm down and not dance into a trance. He also tried his best to bring the church to know Christ Jesus and not follow him , a mere man. He also met a lot of opposition. I told a retired friend of his who visited him a lot to watch him as he might be in danger. He listened to me. That man died several months before Elder Madison died. I hope he finds peace. It is like the Catholic Church, U will never know.
Cece,

What man are you referring to?
Im Just Sayin

Suffolk, VA

#4102 Oct 15, 2012
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Cece,
What man are you referring to?
Eyes on Christ,
I think "Daddy's Girl" answered your question. How did she know who "Cece" was referring to? She knew because they all know that Bishop Madison did make a futile attempt to change some of the practices that he knew were wrong in the UHOPFAP, but it was too little too late. They did not tolerate correction even from their "Man of God". They ignored him and now unless God intervenes, they will die believing the "daddy" lie. I feel afraid for them because it seems that they have been blinded to the truth now.
II Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4103 Oct 16, 2012
Daddys Gurl wrote:
Lies Lies Lies...At the 8 o' clock hour while we are around the holy mountain Dad is interceding for his children!!! The food at ALL UHOP's is holy, blessed, and clean! & OHHHHHH I must say just the thought that anyone would ever kill Daddy Madison is so wrong and SICK!!! Who, What, And Why would anyone want Gods Man gone?? And Gods covering Daddy Bailey and ain't on FBI investigation!!! What proof of any of the things you people named is there? NONE!!! YIG
Here's your proof young lady.

"Lies Lies Lies...At the 8 o' clock hour while we are around the holy mountain Dad is interceding for his children!"

Romans 8:26-27--26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will.(NIV). He can't intercede on your behalf the holy spirit in you does. If I were you I would cut out the middle man. Have you ever played the game where you whisper a message to one person and they pass it around a circle to see if it's the same when it gets back around to you? The message is rarely the same as what was initially said. Stop living in a fantasy world, by 8:00 on most nights he's probably in his pajamas sipping on a root beer float, eating a heaping slice of his favorite cake watching All In The Family, and Welcome Back Carter re-runs.

"The food at ALL UHOP's is holy, blessed, and clean!"

Check out this article regarding the holiest of holies Saints Paradise kitchen directly attached to the National Headquarters GOD's White House. Just so you are aware young lady this is very common and has been for years.

http://m.wusa9.com/health/article...

"And Gods covering Daddy Bailey and ain't on FBI investigation."

Well I don't know about GOD covering Bishop Bailey, but the IRS has been watching and investigating your organization for many years. Why do you think they turn off the official cameras in the service during the love march/love gift reports? Notice they announce that you are not allowed to record the services on your cell phones. Maybe you should inquire about what your organization has to hide. It also explains why they want you to stay off of the internet; too much information readily available.

Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4104 Oct 16, 2012
I Just Want 2 Live Right wrote:
Has anyone heard that Bishop Bailey was allowed to finish out his convocation season THIS YEAR. But now has been restricted to the DC area until completion of an FBI Investigation Levied against the church ?
In fairness I do believe there is some validity to the UHOP/Bishop being investigated by the IRS/FBI for what I don't know. However, he just traveled to Mississippi this pass weekend to dedicate a new church in the middle of no where so I don't think he is restricted to the DC area. It has been rumored that they are not allowed to travel internationally. Who knows what to believe anymore with the UHOP?
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4105 Oct 16, 2012
In Question wrote:
Daddy's Girl,
Your don't have a clue!!!! If your ignorance wasn't so pitiful, it would be funny!
I do hope you aren't older than about 12 years old. Your post seem very young and naive.
The indoctrination starts at birth for most. I ask myself how a "Daddy" could allow his children to be taught this ignorance. It's interesting that they claim to encourage the kids to go to college. It's a weak attempt at promoting education while behind the scenes they want the young people to remain completely unlearned about religion. I would love for a UHOP kid to go to an official school of Theology and then come back and challenge the ecclesiastical body of the UHOP.
Big Tiny

Morton, PA

#4106 Oct 16, 2012
Cultastic forget those people man.... They are lost!!! yeah i said it lost!!!!!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#4107 Oct 17, 2012
Cultastic wrote:
Educate yourselves UHOP sisters and brothers. This is what's being done with your Daddy's club monies.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/hous...
Also I urge you to question the newest church being dedicated in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. How many members do they have out there?
Please stop turning a blind eye.
Copy/Pasted:
EastShawDC
A blog about the eastern and central portions of Shaw and parts of Mount Vernon Square — covering roughly the area between 9th Street and New Jersey Avenue (from west to east) and between New York Avenue and Florida Avenue (from south to north).

"The Bailey Park includes 14 market rate units and 2 "affordable" units that have been set aside for households earning between 60% and 80% of the area median income. The 2-bedroom market-rate units range in size from 1,220 to 1,475 square feet, with monthly rents of between $2,700 and $3,500. The 3-bedroom market-rate units range in size from 1,775 to 2,260 square feet, with rents of between $4,200 and $4,500 per month."

My questions....
Only because I just don't understand quite enough about the real estate market and how non profit organizations maintain their nonprofit status........I don't get it! Are the two only affordable units (60% to 80% of the area's median income) a strategy for maintaining a certain status? Why only two units??? The rest of the units are priced out the ying yang!!!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#4108 Oct 17, 2012
Im Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Eyes on Christ,
I think "Daddy's Girl" answered your question. How did she know who "Cece" was referring to? She knew because they all know that Bishop Madison did make a futile attempt to change some of the practices that he knew were wrong in the UHOPFAP, but it was too little too late. They did not tolerate correction even from their "Man of God". They ignored him and now unless God intervenes, they will die believing the "daddy" lie. I feel afraid for them because it seems that they have been blinded to the truth now.
II Corinthians 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
Im just sayin,
Thanks for clarifying that for me. Makes sense now. I can recall many ignoring Daddy Madison's ideas and taking advantage of his humbleness; especially many of his close associates. If I'm not mistaking....he was the one that provided a new direction for the term "Daddy" into a spiritual phenomenon; making it out to be a connection for the people to use as referring to the Holy Spirit. He also wanted the congregation to take the time out to concentrate on giving God knowledge often pointing his his fingers/waiving upwards and praising at the same time as a way to show the congregation to give God praise for a while. He was excited to do it.
Im Just Sayin

Suffolk, VA

#4109 Oct 17, 2012
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Im just sayin,
Thanks for clarifying that for me. Makes sense now. I can recall many ignoring Daddy Madison's ideas and taking advantage of his humbleness; especially many of his close associates. If I'm not mistaking....he was the one that provided a new direction for the term "Daddy" into a spiritual phenomenon; making it out to be a connection for the people to use as referring to the Holy Spirit. He also wanted the congregation to take the time out to concentrate on giving God knowledge often pointing his his fingers/waiving upwards and praising at the same time as a way to show the congregation to give God praise for a while. He was excited to do it.
Eyes on Christ, let me clarify even further by continuing with the 5th and 6th verses of II Corinthians 4:

5For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said,“Let light shine out of darkness,”[a] made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

As I said before and I mean no disrespect to Bishop Madison, his attempt to change the thought processes in the UHOPFAP was too little, too late. "Daddy" is not the Holy Spirit no matter how spiritual people have tried to make it, In fact, "Daddy" has totally obscured the vision of the members to the gospel of Jesus Christ. They can't see who Jesus is or have a relationship with Him or Holy Spirit because "Daddy" is in the way. He (the Bishop) is supposed to be a servant used by God to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't believe that is what is going on in the UHOPFAP.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#4110 Oct 18, 2012
@I'm Just Saying.....No, that's not what's going on in the UHOP. I completely understand what you are implying. My statement was only to give acknowledgment to Madison’s humbleness and his certain attempts for change in his messages; it is with no doubt do I NOT concur with the teachings or practices that we were raised up to believe. The Bishop is suppose oversee the church, elected clegy and the members of a congregation...he is to also visit, study, teach,etc. Does the “daddy” this or that suppose to really mean Holy Spirit that “Daddy Madison tried to make it out to be” just to take him out the lime light of what God should have been receiving??.….absolutely not! Even though he tried to sway people’s praise slightly differently than the McCollough era doesn’t make it right; his efforts was noticed but you are correct……”too little, too late”.

Speaking of “too little” the changes wouldn’t have been too far off from current beliefs. There is no way the people are going to be able to accept a complete transformation. It is rooted in their heads so deep that some have refused to believe that Jesus matters today. You can’t state the name “Jesus” or pray in the name of “Jesus” without antennas standing at attention or getting certain looks; many would just hold their heads down or peep at someone else to see if they just heard the signs of an unbeliever. It’s a COLD feeling in the room when it happens. It’s so deep that there are many who are so brainwashed into thinking that LIFE is House of Prayer. There are UNEMPLOYED members without any monies coming in and SELLING RAFFLE TICKETS and/or WORKING IN THE KITCHEN.(using caps so that it stand out to someone). I spoke to someone the other day who didn’t have a job asking me for a few dollars for gas. They were coming out of a store with a large bag that held a beautiful wall picture framed very nicely. It was really nice. I asked what it was for…..they replied that it was for their raffle coming up and also asked if I wanted to buy tickets. The first thing that popped up in my brain was “You SO Stupid….So Ignorant female…I ain’t giving you nada!” Of course I did not say it, but I was certainly thinking it. She’s much older than me. I hate that I had those thoughts for someone I loved and knew most of my life. Furthermore, I couldn’t help but to ask her to sell that item for a higher amount in a yard sell or something (it looked worth it) and keep the money for herself so she can have a few dollars in her pocket. The reply I received…and I quote “No….na huh….I ain’t touching God’s money”. Really? I mean Really? The money came from her!!!!! She makes investments (with her little bit of money) into products to sell and the money goes to the UHOP. And she can’t do the same for herself?…..hmmm…That’s an example of an individual who is hard-headed on the beliefs. Everything else is like a foreign language to them. They can’t see any further than their brainwashed customs.
I’m Just Sayin, I do get it.
Im Just Sayin

Suffolk, VA

#4111 Oct 19, 2012
Eyes on Christ wrote:
@I’m Just Sayin, I do get it.
Yes you do!
lavern

Lancaster, SC

#4112 Oct 21, 2012
I would like to say God said we parish because of understanding. I would not talk about my God house for no reason what ever. Isaih talked about Gods house and how damanging it is to move or talk. I say to the people leave my Daddy and the house of prayer alone.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4113 Oct 21, 2012
Big Tiny wrote:
Cultastic forget those people man.... They are lost!!! yeah i said it lost!!!!!
LOL, I know @Big Tiny but it's very difficult because I have so many friends and family that I love still caught up in that mess. The sad part is most of them don't even have a clue that they're lost. From the outside looking back in, I now see how my friends that didn't go to the UHOP thought of me. After leaving lots of my college friends said to me that they were all waiting for the day to hear me say that I no longer attended the UHOP. I joked with them and asked them why they left me cooped up in that cult for so many years. I told them they were going to have to give me back some of the money I wasted running behind Brother Bishop.

Being a member of the UHOP is like being in an abusive relationship. I use this analogy. A woman married to man who pays all of the bills and takes care of his children, doesn't cheat, doesn't drink but hits her upside her head every now and again when he gets upset. Now weighing the pros and the cons should she leave or stay. Should she take the risk and stay knowing that he's getting progressively violent or should she leave and risk giving up all she believes she has? Likewise UHOP sisters and brothers do you stay and pray that things get better because you're comfortable and afraid of the unknown truths or; do you trust the GOD in you that lets you know that things are out of line with his will and have faith that if you get out of this spiritually abusive relationship with the UHOP and Daddy that GOD will take care of you?

People like to say that GOD is in control. However, I ask this follow-up question. Is GOD involved in something that he did not create? I'm in no way questioning anyone's belief in GOD I'm merely talking about the practices and traditions of a MAN MADE "religion" that are not supported by the bible.

To my UHOP sisters and brothers the answers to your questions lie within. If giving excessive money to a wealthy man while you struggle does not sit well with you GOD is letting you know that he’s not involved. If replacing GOD/Jesus when you sing with Daddy does not sit well with you GOD is letting you know that he’s not involved. I can’t tell anyone what to believe but I can present the truth. Hence I leave my UHOP sisters and brothers with the following quote.

"My job is to equip you with the knowledge necessary to free yourselves. It is not my job to lead anyone to freedom. My job is to turn on the lights in the dark room so that you can find the door. Once you find the door it's on you. You can either stay in that room if you choose or you can take the knowledge that you've learned and walk through that door and discover that the world is much bigger than the room you've been in."~~Author Dr. Ray Hagins
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4114 Oct 21, 2012
lavern wrote:
I would like to say God said we parish because of understanding. I would not talk about my God house for no reason what ever. Isaih talked about Gods house and how damanging it is to move or talk. I say to the people leave my Daddy and the house of prayer alone.
"I would like to say God said we parish because of understanding." < Classic UHOP way of misquoting scripture. I would venture to believe you wouldn't know book, chapter, and verse you're referring to.

"I say to the people leave my Daddy and the house of prayer alone." < Or else what may I ask @lavern? So let me get this straight, are you threatening those of us who are critical of your Daddy and HIS house or prayer? Just to be clear we do not fear your Daddy and his idle threats.

Let me help you out. If a UHOP member is healed or has good fortune GOD through Daddy gets the credit but if they are not healed of course it was GOD's will. Thus Daddy is exonerated for not delivering on his words and prophecies. In contrast if an ex-member suffers a tragedy it's because he/she left the UHOP. However, for the members that do well after leaving the UHOP it's because GOD rains on the just and unjust (yet another scripture twisting taught in the UHOP). It's all propaganda and manipulation used to control you.

When Daddy sends his "blessed" clothes to the cleaners they get thrown in the machine with everybody else garments. Does that mean that when those people get their clothes back they're blessed too through holy laundry mat osmosis? Family it is 2012 please stop believing in this foolishness and UHOP folklore.

Scripture says that a Bishop must be slow to anger, why does Daddy keep fussing about those who leave and challenge his teachings? For the UHOP members who don't believe that Brother Bailey is the chosen one, if the Daddy Casper the Holy Ghost spirit is not in or on him where is it now?

Hosea 4:6-6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

^^^@lavern read the scripture carefully please dear sister. When you're not selling fish plates I urge you to read the entire chapter and study the full context.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#4115 Oct 21, 2012
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
My questions....
Only because I just don't understand quite enough about the real estate market and how non profit organizations maintain their nonprofit status........I don't get it! Are the two only affordable units (60% to 80% of the area's median income) a strategy for maintaining a certain status? Why only two units??? The rest of the units are priced out the ying yang!!!
I'll try to explain it to my understanding @Eyes on Christ. It's simply a play on the concept of separation of church and state. By law a non-profit organization can have for profit businesses, i.e. apartments, condos. However, the issues come up when you start talking about the taxes and what is done with the money/income. Churches typically get the tax exempt status and many of them manipulate the laws to keep from paying taxes. Now there are some churches who ethically try to do the right thing like give back to the community and provide charitable services. However, there are those that use the tax breaks to buy private homes and Maybachs (hint, hint).

The point of the two units is so that the government will cut them a break on the taxes. In bargaining for the land the UHOP pitched the "affordable housing" campaign to make their case stronger. They are trying to maximize the profit they bring in. It's a brilliant business strategy but you would think a "church" that is established to serve would be looking to give and not take. The hardest part to get my UHOP sisters and brothers to think about is that somebody(s) is benefiting financially from their investments. Daddy Clarence Bailey Madoff is only keeping in line with the mold of the Wall Street tycoons.

People give G-Class/tithes which buys for example the blessed products. They subsequently turn around and sell the products to you. It's a Ponzi scheme to the highest degree. The peoples' money buys the buses yet they have to pay to ride them. Classic example of putting money in a paper bag with a hole in it. In contrast the big paper bag that the Bishop puts his love march/gift money in is secured at all times. While their eyes are closed shouting the bag is headed straight to the car. No checks and balances.

"The wise man knows he knows nothing, the fool thinks he knows all." Please start asking questions and stop believing that you are not in power UHOP sisters and brothers. You "invest" in the "business" of upbuilding the kingdom now ask yourself if Daddy invests as well? Shouldn't he have to "work" for GOD as well? Even if he does give into the investment the money he would put in comes from you the members. That would suggest that the members are giving twice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 692,196
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 12 hr Yeshua wasIS God ... 8
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web