United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 20 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

In Question

Columbia, SC

#3169 Jan 25, 2012
As someone who has been in a spiritually abusive situation for many years, I was able to find my way back to a church. I did sit out for a period of time so that I can detox as well as search high and low for a place that was spirtually healthy.

I had to understand that healthy churches didn't shout, dance, and fall out for 90% of the services. That was their way of making you think that their services were special and everyone else wasn't experiencing what you were getting there.

I had to understand that my pastor's gifts and callings were not superior and that I could be blessed with a pastor that wasn't spiritually abusive. I no longer needed all the spooky doctrine associated with elevating the leader. Now I have a pastor who understands that it was only God's saving grace that could have helped him. He preaches Jesus only. We only have a pastoral banquet once per year and we honor him them. Outside of that, he is salaried. Trust me, he earns his money. He is locked into my phone and I can call him at any time necessary.

I had to understand that God didn't need my money but man does. Therefore, I pay my tithes and offering and that is all. I am no longer responsible for collecting all of this money that went to support the pastor's lifestyle while I'm being evicted from my home. I am no longer responsible for taking food to the pastor's house after being blasted from the pulpit and called ugly names because the offering wasn't up to par. My church has a food pantry that is open several days a week. Any time food is served, there is no charge. People can eat for free. We are community oriented and we are tasked with completing 20 hours of community service per member. Not to mention, my pastor is an active member of the county school board. When members need financial assistance they are helped with the understanding that they must pay the funds back after receiving financial counseling.

Also, we have services twice a week. That includes Sunday morning and Wednesday night Biblestudy. On Sundays we are usually out by 1:00p.m. and Wednesdays we are out by 7:30 p.m. In the past we were in church every night of the week and traveled more than any church should.

I guess I am saying it was possible for me to find a healthy place. I had to first find out what healthy was and look for it. I started with getting a better understanding of God's word. I asked him to truly come into my heart and guide my steps. I am thankful for my journey today. Without it, I wouldn't know God the way I do.
In Question

Columbia, SC

#3170 Jan 25, 2012
Cultastic wrote:
Just an FYI for all of the sisters and brothers. Click on the link and see what you get now.
http://www.baileyhavenlofts.org/LOCATION.html
ASK MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT'S BEING DONE WITH YOUR MONEY.
Now why is this site disabled. I can assure you the organization has been getting some bad press.
Take a read at this next.
http://dcmetrocentric.com/2011/07/29/bailey-h...
Please explain how $2,000.00 per month in rent is acceptable when the church claims build their housing units to assist the less fortunate.. Impossible!
In Question

Columbia, SC

#3171 Jan 25, 2012
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh she gets a stipend alright. Listen she's been the secretary since Grace. She is the ONE person alive today that knows where EVERY penny of the UHOP's money is. The organization can not survive financially without her intimate knowledge of the economic structure. I doubt likely that Bishop Bailey knows EVERYTHING about the money.
Newsflash! Dee is not going to live forever! What then?
Hebrewsunite

Everett, WA

#3172 Jan 25, 2012
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm having hard time finding it. I have been reading back. This blog has been seriously busy. I will continue. Its a few of us here that have been sharing some thoughts. We decided to meet exclusively and discuss/share HOP concerns. We are so afraid to call the meet. LOL.. funny but not really. I don't want to work G-Class anymore because I no longer trust where the money is going. However, I have to work the program because of my position.
One of the ppl that agreed to meet stated thoughts about moving away far enough so they wont be labled as leaving but just not able to get to the HOP due to distance. I thought about it too..but nonsense. How do you suggest we initiate the meet without feeling guilty, shameful, or secretive?
Guilt, shame, secrecy? Loved one you are in the soulful revolutionary process of actually stepping into the actual light of Yahushuwa our savior. For the first time your efforts, your time, your family, your resources, are yours to decide what and where to allocate. Yahuwah never instituted policy that would cripple anyone or alienate them from their family and friends for anyone but Yahushuwa. You are exiting the prison of Constantineism now called Christianity. May I humbly suggest as you analyze your relationship w/the HOP you also study and dissect the scriptures using all the lexicon assistance you can find. Go on line and everywhere you can, to learn all you can about our Father above. I guarantee you will experience a freedom never before presented to you. Your initial thoughts of loneliness will dissipate once you review the extent of your relationship w/your former HOP comrades. As w/most cults you will find the only platform you had with them is that all of you believed the same lies. I have heard the HOP folk do not have real friends. If that is even remotely true, the victory for you and those who escape this paralyzing dogma will be a never ending savor!

Shaluwm and my YaHuWaH guide you home.
In Question

Columbia, SC

#3173 Jan 25, 2012
By the way, the members of my church receive annual giving statements for each member to use for tax deductions. Also, we as members know where every penny of the collected funds go. We can see the books at any time and we see improvements constantly being made at the church.

I can truly say that I love my church!~
I couldn't say that years ago.
Anonymous

Bethany, CT

#3174 Jan 25, 2012
Eyes on Christ wrote:
Have a question....
I know this Daddy journey has consumed us in the belief and faith that God only uses one man. I probably know the answer but am still feeling a bit confused. If you leave the HOP....where do we go? Another Church? Is there a true man to follow? I dreamed asking this question right after Daddy Bailey took the seat? This is sort of like a deja vu just typing the question. Wow.
Anyways..... is there another true man in the land? Does God only use one man or there is no true prophet? What will be my sacrifice if I no longer do G-Class? I know for sure that I am suppose to do good and serve others in times of need. Which I definitely did not learn in the UHOP. I do believe charity and spreadin Gods love is apart of the will of God. But what about the financial sacrifice? Where do we take our monies. We were taught to only pay in the UHOP and that our burnt offefings anywhere else is nothing to God. So where now if the HOP is incorrect? Its a feeling of a slave removing the shackles but don't know where to run now.
If you really want to know the truth, email me at t.finance1@sbcglobal.net
In Question

Columbia, SC

#3175 Jan 25, 2012
Outdone, God uses more than one man at the time. That one man teaching is only used to perpetuate and foster the doctrine of the United House of Prayer for all people. It is only used to make you believe that so that your allegiance is to Daddy and Daddy only. Therefore, you will believe it all and you will do as you have been told. You won't mind bringing all of your money and resources to DADDY because he is the "ONE" man chosen by God.

The first test of truth is can you find scripture to back it all up?

Next, can you see anywhere in the Bible that tells you to make Jesus secondary and DADDY primary? The scripture says to every knee must bow and every tongue must confess that JESUS Christ is Lord. It doesn't say DADDY GRACE, McCullough, Madison or Bailey.

Can you even find a scripture that says bring God everything? I haven't. God doesn't need it. Newsflash.....he already owns it. The bible says the earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof. God made us stewarts over the earth. He has called us to rightfully use what he has given us. Giving everything to DADDY is not a requirement. Not to mention, DADDY isn't even feeding you properly as sheep.

More later.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3176 Jan 25, 2012
Hebrewsunite wrote:
<quoted text>
Guilt, shame, secrecy? Loved one you are in the soulful revolutionary process of actually stepping into the actual light of Yahushuwa our savior. For the first time your efforts, your time, your family, your resources, are yours to decide what and where to allocate. Yahuwah never instituted policy that would cripple anyone or alienate them from their family and friends for anyone but Yahushuwa. You are exiting the prison of Constantineism now called Christianity. May I humbly suggest as you analyze your relationship w/the HOP you also study and dissect the scriptures using all the lexicon assistance you can find. Go on line and everywhere you can, to learn all you can about our Father above. I guarantee you will experience a freedom never before presented to you. Your initial thoughts of loneliness will dissipate once you review the extent of your relationship w/your former HOP comrades. As w/most cults you will find the only platform you had with them is that all of you believed the same lies. I have heard the HOP folk do not have real friends. If that is even remotely true, the victory for you and those who escape this paralyzing dogma will be a never ending savor!
Shaluwm and my YaHuWaH guide you home.
Well stated brother
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3177 Jan 25, 2012
Outdone wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really want to know the truth, email me at t.finance1@sbcglobal.net
Share with all if you don't mind. There are others reading that don't post that can benefit from a healthy discussion about the truth.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3178 Jan 25, 2012
In Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how $2,000.00 per month in rent is acceptable when the church claims build their housing units to assist the less fortunate.. Impossible!
The secret is in the title of the units. "The Bailey Haven Lofts" upon further inspection I was also able to uncover that the registered owner of the condos is the Honorable Bishop S. C. Madison Trustee. Now I'm not familiar with the property laws, can someone please explain how a dead man can still be the registered owner. Surely they had to do some legal wrangling with those properties since his death. Did they just overlook this minor detail? Who is signing the documents as the owner if the owner is deceased? Maybe my questions don't make sense here but it's definitely enough to make you scratch your head. Well don't take my word for it try it for yourself UHOP sisters and brothers. Go to:

https://www.taxpayerservicecenter.com/RP_Sear...

In the Premise Address fields type in: 623 M Street, NW
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3179 Jan 25, 2012
In Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash! Dee is not going to live forever! What then?
All hell is going to break loose that's what...
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3180 Jan 25, 2012
In Question wrote:
By the way, the members of my church receive annual giving statements for each member to use for tax deductions. Also, we as members know where every penny of the collected funds go. We can see the books at any time and we see improvements constantly being made at the church.
I can truly say that I love my church!~
I couldn't say that years ago.
They used to give annual statements in the UHOP too. However, recently due to IRS troubles they stopped giving them. So basically people would work in the kitchens and report the G-Class. The UHOP would give the statements including tithes and all other "donations" and it started sending red flags. For example a person's salary would be 20K/year but they have $8,000 reported as charitable donations. Doesn't make sense, so not only is the church getting a tax break they are scamming the government out of more tax write offs. Not too mention the UHOP and it's poor book keeping not having adequate paper trails for the money. People started getting audited and having to pay back the monies.
organized religion

Philadelphia, PA

#3181 Jan 25, 2012
Cultastic wrote:
Just an FYI for all of the sisters and brothers. Click on the link and see what you get now.
http://www.baileyhavenlofts.org/LOCATION.html
ASK MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT'S BEING DONE WITH YOUR MONEY.
Now why is this site disabled. I can assure you the organization has been getting some bad press.
Take a read at this next.
http://dcmetrocentric.com/2011/07/29/bailey-h...
To bad Bailey didnít have the decency to build something that could have really been a help to the neighborhood; how about an after school program, a daycare center, a senior citizens ctr. Maybe space that community organizers could use to empower, educate and offer assistance.

But noooooo, itís all about the mighty dollar. Bailey just wanted his name on something and extra income.
organized religion

Philadelphia, PA

#3182 Jan 25, 2012
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
The secret is in the title of the units. "The Bailey Haven Lofts" upon further inspection I was also able to uncover that the registered owner of the condos is the Honorable Bishop S. C. Madison Trustee. Now I'm not familiar with the property laws, can someone please explain how a dead man can still be the registered owner. Surely they had to do some legal wrangling with those properties since his death. Did they just overlook this minor detail? Who is signing the documents as the owner if the owner is deceased? Maybe my questions don't make sense here but it's definitely enough to make you scratch your head. Well don't take my word for it try it for yourself UHOP sisters and brothers. Go to:
https://www.taxpayerservicecenter.com/RP_Sear...
In the Premise Address fields type in: 623 M Street, NW
Hence the reason I asked the question below a while back. I found several properties with Madison still listed as trustee/ or in c/o. But in my procrastination I never got around to actually following up.

Organized religion
Manchester, CT
Reply Ľ
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Judged:

Does anyone know how property owned by the HOP is supposed to be registered? For example, is it to read

Owner/s: The United House of Prayer for All People c/o Bishop Bailey

or

Owner/s: C.M. Bailey and TUHOPFAP?

Since: Nov 11

United States

#3183 Jan 25, 2012
Eyes on Christ wrote:
Have a question....
I know this Daddy journey has consumed us in the belief and faith that God only uses one man. I probably know the answer but am still feeling a bit confused. If you leave the HOP....where do we go? Another Church? Is there a true man to follow? I dreamed asking this question right after Daddy Bailey took the seat? This is sort of like a deja vu just typing the question. Wow.
Anyways..... is there another true man in the land? Does God only use one man or there is no true prophet? What will be my sacrifice if I no longer do G-Class? I know for sure that I am suppose to do good and serve others in times of need. Which I definitely did not learn in the UHOP. I do believe charity and spreadin Gods love is apart of the will of God. But what about the financial sacrifice? Where do we take our monies. We were taught to only pay in the UHOP and that our burnt offefings anywhere else is nothing to God. So where now if the HOP is incorrect? Its a feeling of a slave removing the shackles but don't know where to run now.
If you want to know the answers to a lot of the questions you have, I believe I can help you. I used to be a preacher in the UHOP. I know all the scriptures they use to "try" and support their methods. When I used to study the bible, I used to study only to find scriptures that would help support the HOP doctrine (Even if I had to Force it to fit). So I know all the deceptive tricks they throw at u. But to see Christ the way He wants u to see him and his Word, u can contact me at...

sounddoctrine78@gmail.com

The only thing I tell any and everybody I talk to, is when you study the Word of God, don't just read the scriptures, but study the "CONTENT" and "CONTEXT" of the scriptures.† Otherwise you are only taking a "PRETEXT" to make it mean whatever u want it to.† Trust me I know.† I've done it for years.† Surely,
U can take a Scripture and say "the Bible does say this or that", but when u begin to dissect the content & context of that particular Scripture, you'll find out it means something totally different.† The HOP is notorious for this.†

Email me & I can show u tons of examples of what they will tell u & how to respond boldly & Biblically.
Eyes on Christ

Gainesville, GA

#3184 Jan 25, 2012
Eyes on Christ wrote:
Have a question....
I received some good feedback on my questions. I was shocked at some of the suggestions....so way off from what I learned over the years; but agreed with them. I pray that the Lord will remove the fear quickly. I love God and Jesus. So much time of my life have been wasted on serving, praising, and singing to our bishop until we forget about paying attention to the Creator. Was at service and it was shameful how many times the House was addressed in one service. Never addressed to God nor Jesus. Some of the testimonies did not even mention Jesus. I got a lot of making up to do.

Eyes on Christ

Gainesville, GA

#3185 Jan 25, 2012
There's revivals going on. I kind of sit up on the pew instead of kneeling down....I can't even kneel to listen to the chattering. Hearing the chattering and listening to all the tongues saddens my heart. Watching family members is the worse. Yes, I pray but not the same and I didn't call any name. I just pray. I know so many people has past away under this doctrine....some so humbly think this is right. I hope and pray God judged the hearts of our deceased love ones. They thought that this journey is what God wanted. I have family and saints I looked up to that pushed us in revivals back in the day. Only if they knew what they emotionaly tied themselves into and passed down to us through generations.

By the way, we seeked and seeked...rolled...purged up white substance that was suppose to have been sin (had to make sure all of the white substance was cleared from our bodies). Was that real? I'm thinking we were moved by a belief and neurotically made the acts occur. I don't know....but it happened. We seeked, purged, and rolled unconsciously before we confessed. It felt real.
bullcity

United States

#3186 Jan 25, 2012
Ok i'm not a member but the mother of my child is and i'm not understanding the daddy thing (worshipping a man whose not related to you more than GOD and ur biological dad) i not understanding the maid thing.when we first got together i saw that she had a picture of the dude before bailey and i said he looked like a pimp now mind u i thought it was a family member the way she reacted i mean cursed me out and put her hands on me.a week later my sister came over and said the same thing but didn't get the reaction i recieved.a few days later my bf came by and i said wow u and the bishop favor and when he left she flipped on me.i've been tryna get some understanding of their whole concept i have even read that its a cult and when i ask her to explain why they call him daddy she never can and then had the nerve to make my daughter a member without talking with me.i grew in church and never had i had to call a man daddy unless it was my father and i refuse to let my daughter do it too nor be a maid.im not knocking uhopfap but im not too sure about these places and i was told that a lot of the maids worldwide ingage in sexual favors for the so called daddy and i honestly think my bm has from the way she reacts to me voicing my opinion on him or uhopfap.i been a few times and i even took my nephews with me and their 14,8,&6 and they all said,"unc why didn't they talk about god and the bible"?and '"all they talked about was sweet daddy bailey". And i couldn't explain because i didn't understand either and we haven't been back since.i went to rogers grove baptist church as a child and i believe everyone has their own beliefs.but my daughter won't be joining them maids at all.god bless us all!!!!!
bullcity

United States

#3187 Jan 25, 2012
WHEN I SAID BF IT MEANT BESTFRIEND AND WHEN I SAID BM IT MEANT BABY's MOTHER.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3188 Jan 25, 2012
bullcity wrote:
Ok i'm not a member but the mother of my child is and i'm not understanding the daddy thing (worshipping a man whose not related to you more than GOD and ur biological dad) i not understanding the maid thing.when we first got together i saw that she had a picture of the dude before bailey and i said he looked like a pimp now mind u i thought it was a family member the way she reacted i mean cursed me out and put her hands on me.a week later my sister came over and said the same thing but didn't get the reaction i recieved.a few days later my bf came by and i said wow u and the bishop favor and when he left she flipped on me.i've been tryna get some understanding of their whole concept i have even read that its a cult and when i ask her to explain why they call him daddy she never can and then had the nerve to make my daughter a member without talking with me.i grew in church and never had i had to call a man daddy unless it was my father and i refuse to let my daughter do it too nor be a maid.im not knocking uhopfap but im not too sure about these places and i was told that a lot of the maids worldwide ingage in sexual favors for the so called daddy and i honestly think my bm has from the way she reacts to me voicing my opinion on him or uhopfap.i been a few times and i even took my nephews with me and their 14,8,&6 and they all said,"unc why didn't they talk about god and the bible"?and '"all they talked about was sweet daddy bailey". And i couldn't explain because i didn't understand either and we haven't been back since.i went to rogers grove baptist church as a child and i believe everyone has their own beliefs.but my daughter won't be joining them maids at all.god bless us all!!!!!
If you have time go back and read through some of the older posts. Many of your questions likely will be answered. In order to deal with your daughter's mother regarding this matter it is important to know that it is definitely a cult. So she is typically going to get defensive when/if you say anything about "Daddy" or the UHOP that she doesn't like. I appreciate you stopping by to share your story with the board. If you have a specific question you'd like answered please feel free to ask.

http://tuhopfap.org/

Click on the link. This is their "official" website. Browse around and if you have any questions please feel free to share.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr karl44 585,787
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) 16 hr untilthelighttak ... 209
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 16 hr untilthelighttak ... 7
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 16 hr untilthelighttak ... 84,125
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... Sat KristoFMYsagun 11
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... May 1 the AWSOME Cowboy 1
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Apr 30 untilthelighttak ... 2
More from around the web