United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10701 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Since: Nov 11

Chattanooga, TN

#3129 Jan 21, 2012
WARNING:(PLEASE PAY THIS STATEMENT ABSOLUTELY NO MIND. THIS IS MERELY ONE OF MY RANDOM RETARD THOUGHTS)!!!

According to UHOP teachings, the presiding Bishop is supposed to be the only one sitting in the chair(throne), until Jesus comes. It is said that when Jesus comes back, the Bishop is to move out of the way and give the to Jesus to sit in.

Now (hypothetically speaking), if that was Jesus's throne, I wonder what would happen if Jesus came back to claim His throne, & Bailey's big behind is sitting in it. I'm sure Bailey would still be sitting there, because he'd be too busy looking shocked with amazement, much like anybody else would. So I'm just wondering, would stand there with His hands on His hips looking at him like "get up out of my chair", or would Jesus slap the living daylights out of him!!!

Once again... please pay this post no mind people!!!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3130 Jan 21, 2012
SoundDoctrine wrote:
WARNING:(PLEASE PAY THIS STATEMENT ABSOLUTELY NO MIND. THIS IS MERELY ONE OF MY RANDOM RETARD THOUGHTS)!!!
According to UHOP teachings, the presiding Bishop is supposed to be the only one sitting in the chair(throne), until Jesus comes. It is said that when Jesus comes back, the Bishop is to move out of the way and give the to Jesus to sit in.
Now (hypothetically speaking), if that was Jesus's throne, I wonder what would happen if Jesus came back to claim His throne, & Bailey's big behind is sitting in it. I'm sure Bailey would still be sitting there, because he'd be too busy looking shocked with amazement, much like anybody else would. So I'm just wondering, would stand there with His hands on His hips looking at him like "get up out of my chair", or would Jesus slap the living daylights out of him!!!
Once again... please pay this post no mind people!!!
Man this has me rolling on the floor laughing. The funny part is I think back to a time in my life where if I would have read somebody say: "Bailey's big behind", I would have taken my laptop and thrown it out the window; fearing that GOD himself was going to strike me dead for laughing at that comment.

If you'll allow me to chime in with some random ignorance. I'm sure he'd likely lose control of his bowels right there in the seat. Then he'd probably miss that first step and fall flat on his face trying to run the heck outta there.

Wait here's a good question what happens to the holy chairs and the materials used for the holyest of holys (the throne of Grace/holy mountain) when they remodel one of the churches. They are supposed to be sacred of course. Bishop Bailey and Bishop Madison certainly do not wear the same seat size. So did they throw Madison's chairs away? Are they stored away in some warehouse waiting for Jesus to select the one he wants to sit in? Did they auction them on Ebay? Free thought is so important
In Question

United States

#3131 Jan 21, 2012
The concept of God leading someone not to preach his word is totally crazy to me. That is the reason for the church! The stuff these folks come up with is just a hot mess!

Chattanooga, TN

#3132 Jan 21, 2012
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Man this has me rolling on the floor laughing. The funny part is I think back to a time in my life where if I would have read somebody say: "Bailey's big behind", I would have taken my laptop and thrown it out the window; fearing that GOD himself was going to strike me dead for laughing at that comment.
If you'll allow me to chime in with some random ignorance. I'm sure he'd likely lose control of his bowels right there in the seat. Then he'd probably miss that first step and fall flat on his face trying to run the heck outta there.
Wait here's a good question what happens to the holy chairs and the materials used for the holyest of holys (the throne of Grace/holy mountain) when they remodel one of the churches. They are supposed to be sacred of course. Bishop Bailey and Bishop Madison certainly do not wear the same seat size. So did they throw Madison's chairs away? Are they stored away in some warehouse waiting for Jesus to select the one he wants to sit in? Did they auction them on Ebay? Free thought is so important
Lol. Man that's nothing. I had been caught up with that scare tactic mess so bad & for so long, that I was scared to even mention a statement such as "bailey's big behind" "AFTER" I left the HOP. I can truly say now, I have been detoxed, sober, and brainwash free for over a year & a half now, and I'm feeling Zestfully clean now!!!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3133 Jan 21, 2012
SoundDoctrine wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. Man that's nothing. I had been caught up with that scare tactic mess so bad & for so long, that I was scared to even mention a statement such as "bailey's big behind" "AFTER" I left the HOP. I can truly say now, I have been detoxed, sober, and brainwash free for over a year & a half now, and I'm feeling Zestfully clean now!!!
I would love to organize some type of meeting for those of us that are now UHOP sober and those who are desiring to ditch their addiction to the bands and UHOP pageantry. I think it would be helpful for individuals to put faces with names of those who have experienced the same trauma.

Since: Dec 10

United States

#3134 Jan 21, 2012
Eyes on Christ wrote:
There's this belief in the UHOP that all the money we are raising is going to feed multitudes of people. That there is going to be a day where (according to the book of revelations) people will be running for their lives and will need the HOP to rescue them. Some believe that the UHOP will be able to save people from enduring the mark of the beast. This may be idiotic to think but I hear this stuff all the time. This G-Class program is the way to accumulate the monies to one day (at the end of the world) help people who will have to "run to the HOP". This is hogwash now to me. The more I think about these foolish statements, the more I feel like an idiot.
If you read some of my earlier post, I too was a fool. I did not find that pot of Gold until I stop giving the UHOP. I really applied ďGod help those that help themselves and self preservation is the law of the landĒ too my equation.
Not until then, did my finances change. Also remember the scholarship they gave me. My favorite words are,ďIf they feed me like they did that scholarship, I better work and save my own money.
What are they waiting for? People are losing Jobs and Housing NOW. There are UHOP members as we speak living in shelters, have no food to eat, canít pay their rent, donít have light and gas. Look what these Pastors are sleeping in. He move them from State to State with no where to sleep. What are they waiting for?
I promise God if he helped me I would give it back to those in need.
The UHOP was not apart of that prayer. My house, which the UHOP told me not to buy, can sell today in this bad market for 1.5M. The Only Bills I have are necessities. I can do any thing; go any where, buy what I want and not worry.
So you see I am a perfect example, I left the UHOP, BODY, MIND and SOUL and became very successful.
I believe in God, not Man. See what believing in God will do for you. Just keep trusting in the Lord, and Thank God you are now seeing the light.

United States

#3135 Jan 21, 2012
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to organize some type of meeting for those of us that are now UHOP sober and those who are desiring to ditch their addiction to the bands and UHOP pageantry. I think it would be helpful for individuals to put faces with names of those who have experienced the same trauma.
Say when, my house is open.
In Question

United States

#3136 Jan 22, 2012
Any of you feel like you will ever be able to participate in church again?

What do you think other hop members need to hear to truly understand that the organization is a cult?

Do you think that the Bishops themselves believe all the hype or they know this is a way for them to make money? They were once in the trenches as everyone else is. So, is it possible that they really believe the teaching.
No More Daddys Girl

Monroe, NC

#3137 Jan 22, 2012
I have been reading this blog for a long time. I haven't missed one entry, I have just been waiting for a time to jump in. I was born and raised in the hop. I always felt special because I belonged there. My mother taught me that stores filled up after we walked in; write MAD on the back of my test papers and I was sure to pass them (that never worked btw). We are a blessed bunch us "hoppers". But somehow all my life I felt out of place there. I didn't completely fit in. I couldn't quite feel what everyone was feeling. See what other were seeing. I prayed and cried and begged God to make it plain for me too. Make me worthy because I obviously wasn't. I begged him not to leave me here on this earth alone without fully knowing, loving and believing in daddy. Trust me I gave it lip service but never around my friends. When church came up (outside of church) I clammed up. I prayed, God please, please, please don't let anyone ask me where I go to church. "Cuz, I'm not ashamed BUT I just don't want to tell them." PUHLEEZE I was more than ashamed. Then against my hop friends advice I read the 'holic Expose... I was dumbfounded!! I knew the author personally, felt like he was my brother and if HE didn't believe or had these SAME questions... I KNEW it was all a lie. How could this be? It literally took me a week to get myself together and stop crying. IT HURT LIKE HELL. Felt like I had been hoodwinked, bamboozeled. This would make me an outsider. I would lose my hop friends. My family. My WHOLE way of life. Trust me folks when you tell "hoppers" to just leave it isn't that easy. Its like finding out you are adopted. Your whole world is now changed. Who are you? Where do you belong? What and who is real? You don't know the extent of the brainwashing until you've lived it. I COMMEND my fellow new OUTSIDERS (and you senior outsiders too). God is soooooo proud of us and Jesus loves our bravery. My mother made me promise at 5years old that no matter what I would stay in the hop. I went through a TERRIBLE marriage to a man I married JUST because he went to the hop and I wouldn't have to explain all the craziness to him. I knew he would already understand. One of the worst mistakes of my life. I thank God I am free. Free from him and free from the HOP. The guilt of not making 8 oclock prayer EVERY night of my life is gone. WHEW!!! I try new churches and cry nearly every time I go... I'm scared to trust again but what I'm seeing in these other churches is LOVE. I love it and I LOVE being out. I pride myself on being smarter than the average bear. I am a college educated woman and I was lost in there believing in hogwash just 'cause someone told me not to question. I pray God releases my family. I pray for all our currently lost families. But please don't stop writing here because each entry brings me more peace. KNOW daddy, NO PEACE!! They've got the "no's and know's" all mixed up... yall remember. Woosah

United States

#3138 Jan 22, 2012
For those who are trying to leave, you have to remember you have been brainwash most of your life. If you continue believing in the UHOP rhetoric, you canít leave. Thatís why we say read your Bible. Let your mind wonder. Explore everything they said not to. Not only do you believe and trust in God, believe in yourself. You can be and do anything. You can live in this world, but not be of the world.
I didnít turn out wild, I wasnít bar hoping, never did drugs, donít drink, donít rob and steal, never been in jail. I worked on a job until retirement. I use to hate myself, remember I was a victim. I removed all hate from my heart. I stop blaming myself. I trusted in the Lord.
The UHOP is not Teaching Love. Look how they fight over a seat.
Pay attention to their service. They talk, walk, laugh, sometimes you canít even hear whatís going on in service. Some members never even come into service; they stand out side and Socialize, trying to see who they can pick up for that night. If a Preacher does Preach a sermon, they canít tell you what it was about. Visit some UHOP members, see how they live. Some are living in swallow, Cleanliness is next to Godliness. Some donít know what furniture is.
Some one spoke of Band Boys being saved, hmm, what a waste some of them are. One band boy married two sisters in the same family, had two children with each sister. Some Band Boys and Preachers walk around like Movie Stars trying to see who they can pick up first. Some of them have children in every State. Every Married Pastor I had, had a girlfriend or ran with any girl he could get. If you think the Bishops were the only ones molesting children, you had,ďPicture thisĒ they called him Papa P. Rape more children then Virginia had.
I can remember one announcement, the Top Payee had on a Dingy Usher Uniform, ran over shoes and her hair needed to be done. Yet she was crown Top Payer. I knew then, something was wrong with that Picture. Go into the Kitchen, its so much going on in corners, you might as well give them the Liquor License. Itís a Social Club.
I live more righteous now then I did when I was in the UHOP. They teach separation of family and friends that donít go to the UHOP. I would love to tell you who I am; I donít care what they say or think about me. I care what they will do to my family members that are still there. See how mean and nasty they treat us on this board.

If something happens too you, itís your turn. It didnít happen because you stop going to the UHOP and stop believing in Daddy.

No Men of God should live so high they canít see nor hear the cries of the needy; No Men of God should rob the poor to benefit them selves; No Men of God should never, ever not be humble enough to listen; No Men of God should eat so well, when so many are hungry; No Men of God should dress so well, when their members rely on hand me downs; No Men of God should live in Mansion, when you have so many living in Shelters; No Men of God should ride in Luxury Cars, when their members has to walk; No Men of God should Rape the Children and say members I was weak and be allow to continue; No Men of God should not never Preach the Word of God.
I will never say a Church is wrong, Iíll say their Teachings are wrong. And if thatís all a Church can offer, Iíll build a Church in my Heart. I believe God wants us all too have the same.ďIt doesnít take much to serve God, its how we treat each otherĒ. The only Man we should be worshiping is Jesus Christ, Gods one and only Son. And when that happens, your life will change, your finances will change, and most of all your heart will change.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3139 Jan 23, 2012
No More Daddys Girl wrote:
I have been reading this blog for a long time. I haven't missed one entry, I have just been waiting for a time to jump in. I was born and raised in the hop. I always felt special because I belonged there. My mother taught me that stores filled up after we walked in; write MAD on the back of my test papers and I was sure to pass them (that never worked btw). We are a blessed bunch us "hoppers". But somehow all my life I felt out of place there. I didn't completely fit in. I couldn't quite feel what everyone was feeling. See what other were seeing. I prayed and cried and begged God to make it plain for me too. Make me worthy because I obviously wasn't. I begged him not to leave me here on this earth alone without fully knowing, loving and believing in daddy. Trust me I gave it lip service but never around my friends. When church came up (outside of church) I clammed up. I prayed, God please, please, please don't let anyone ask me where I go to church. "Cuz, I'm not ashamed BUT I just don't want to tell them." PUHLEEZE I was more than ashamed. Then against my hop friends advice I read the 'holic Expose... I was dumbfounded!! I knew the author personally, felt like he was my brother and if HE didn't believe or had these SAME questions... I KNEW it was all a lie. How could this be? It literally took me a week to get myself together and stop crying. IT HURT LIKE HELL. Felt like I had been hoodwinked, bamboozeled. This would make me an outsider. I would lose my hop friends. My family. My WHOLE way of life. Trust me folks when you tell "hoppers" to just leave it isn't that easy. Its like finding out you are adopted. Your whole world is now changed. Who are you? Where do you belong? What and who is real? You don't know the extent of the brainwashing until you've lived it. I COMMEND my fellow new OUTSIDERS (and you senior outsiders too). God is soooooo proud of us and Jesus loves our bravery. My mother made me promise at 5years old that no matter what I would stay in the hop. I went through a TERRIBLE marriage to a man I married JUST because he went to the hop and I wouldn't have to explain all the craziness to him. I knew he would already understand. One of the worst mistakes of my life. I thank God I am free. Free from him and free from the HOP. The guilt of not making 8 oclock prayer EVERY night of my life is gone. WHEW!!! I try new churches and cry nearly every time I go... I'm scared to trust again but what I'm seeing in these other churches is LOVE. I love it and I LOVE being out. I pride myself on being smarter than the average bear. I am a college educated woman and I was lost in there believing in hogwash just 'cause someone told me not to question. I pray God releases my family. I pray for all our currently lost families. But please don't stop writing here because each entry brings me more peace. KNOW daddy, NO PEACE!! They've got the "no's and know's" all mixed up... yall remember. Woosah
Welcome.... I was wondering when you were going to stop lurking LOL!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3140 Jan 23, 2012
In Question wrote:
1. Any of you feel like you will ever be able to participate in church again?

2. What do you think other hop members need to hear to truly understand that the organization is a cult?

3.Do you think that the Bishops themselves believe all the hype or they know this is a way for them to make money? They were once in the trenches as everyone else is. So, is it possible that they really believe the teaching.
1. I've visited several churches since leaving the UHOP. The brainwashing in the UHOP was so severe that I decided to study and read the bible independent of organized churches. There are so many churches that are just like the UHOP but just not as obvious. My fear for many people that leave the UHOP is that they run to another spiritually abusive church.

2. I would say most of them will never believe it's a CULT. The C word has such a negative connotation. When you hear that word you think of folks like Jim Jones and Heaven's Gate. On the outside they appear to be normal. It's not until you walk inside the doors and sit through a service that you see what's going on. However, in order to get more people to wake up something drastic would have to happen like Bishop being on the news involved in some type of scandal. Even if that happened they would probably just elect another DADDY and say he was just the wrong man. The following statement is what I lived by all of my life. "Even if every person in the UHOP is wrong the UHOP itself is right. It's not the UHOP it's the people." o_O < (This is my face every time I hear a member repeat this tomfoolery)

3. I doubt the Bishop's believe the Daddy hype. However, once they sign up for the position it's hard not to get carried away; power corrupts. The way I see it is Daddy is the character they play in real life. There's is no way they can keep it up 24/7 that's why they have to be so reclusive and distant from the members. If they are available people will see them for who they really are. The problem with Bishop Bailey is that he's not a natural actor like the others were. He needed acting lessons. He doesn't have the natural charm and charisma to sell the Daddy deception. People always quote Daddy McCollough saying the wrong man can get in the seat. I say you're absolutely correct the seat itself is wrong so anybody who sat or sits in it is wrong.
In Question

Columbia, SC

#3141 Jan 23, 2012
Thanks, Cultastic.

What is the function of the queens and nurses? Can these folks only serve him and not the pastors?
In Question

Columbia, SC

#3142 Jan 23, 2012
If you've been in the pastoral position all of these years and did the same work as others did, surely you believed it. I don't see how, but it must be possible. I can't see doing all of this for a cause you don't really believe in.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3143 Jan 23, 2012
For my UHOP folks that are thinking about leaving I would like to share something. This stage play (click on the link) helped me out a lot prior to making my official decision to leave. It shows that there are so many churches going through the same thing. It helped me to understand that my thoughts about the UHOP's false teachings and the dirty background politics were founded. Spiritual abuse in organized churches is very common. I'll never accept the excuse that it's okay for the UHOP to operate the way it does because other churches are doing it. I feel the same way about all of the church leaders that are using people in the name of GOD. However, my focus on the UHOP is relative to my 30+ years of experience in a cult.

I recommend purchasing and watching this stage play if possible.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3144 Jan 23, 2012
In Question wrote:
If you've been in the pastoral position all of these years and did the same work as others did, surely you believed it. I don't see how, but it must be possible. I can't see doing all of this for a cause you don't really believe in.
I think I've stated earlier that Bishop Grace practiced Catholicism even while leading the UHOP. He also studied Islam. Many will argue that his "intentions" from the beginning were good. I have a simple theory. He studied American culture and religion and figured out a quick get rich scheme. He knew that black people in America were looking for an identity and a sense of belonging. The church has always been a major part of the African American community. If he actually believed it I doubt he would have went to one demographic. His own family didn't buy into his doctrine. He had two separate lives. That explains why so little is known about his wives and children.

Even if you read the letters he wrote they had little substance. The benefit to doing what they did is simply the money. Now what their personal religious beliefs were are a mute point and will remain a mystery.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3145 Jan 23, 2012
In Question wrote:
Thanks, Cultastic.
What is the function of the queens and nurses? Can these folks only serve him and not the pastors?
The simple answer to this is "NOTHING" they're just another auxilary in the church. They uniform and raise money. The more groups in the church the more money is generated. Remember that the G-Class program is fueled by competition.

I don't think they still do the nurses much. The queens are there to address the house. Let me see if I can make this make sense. The nightly service has an order. It's eight o'clock prayer for 20 minutes then testimony service. My memory fails me but I believe right after testimony service they call for a queen or usher to "address" the house. She will simply get up there and say a series of statements followed by applause. Ex:

Clap your hands one time for the United House of Prayer here and elsewhere....
Clap your hands one time for Jesus Christ...(they may or may not say this one *giggles*)
Clap your hands one time Victory Land A class...
Clap your hands one time for our Savior in the land today Precious Daddy Bailey.....

Otherwise the only thing I've seen the queens do is put down the red carpet in the middle aisle for the Bishop to walk on. They have a limited role but they are expected to do things big in the G-Class program. Now as far as "serving" the ministers I'm not sure about that one LOL

Chattanooga, TN

#3146 Jan 23, 2012
In Question wrote:
It's called Comfort and/or fear. When I answer these types of questions, I try to think with the same mentality as if I were still in the HOP.

There are plenty of ppl & even pastors that think about leaving the HOP for one reason or another. However, the fear of leaving and finding something new can be scary. Especially when you've been told all your life that there's no other place like the HOP; everybody else in the "church world" are teaching lies; God has only 1 kingdom & 1 king; If u leave the HOP, God will cause lots of trouble in your life; etc. Or even better, here's one from Daddy Madison...."The worse thing any HOP member can do is say I started to leave the HOP. It would be better to tie a millstone around your neck and hang yourself" Now I know y'all HOP folks got to remember that one!!!

Secondly, it is hard to place people out of their comfort zone. Yes, a person may not agree with everything that's going on around them but hey, mama's there, my wife/husband is there, sisters, brothers, life-long friends etc. Taking a stand for Christ is easier said then done. As someone stated a few blogs earlier, the UHOP teaches that members should have little or no communication with family or friends that are not apart of the UHOP. When you've been taught this from child, this way of lifestyle becomes normal. Thus, when you talk about a person just up and walking away from the HOP, you are literally telling them to walk from their entire social existence, and for some of them, their only social existence. Actually, it's pretty horrific when u think about it. Fact is, most ppl will convince themselves that the lies and things they are in question about are true. Or they will take the approach that I and so many others have taken.... and that's to try & ignore it, overlook it, & simply leave it alone, just b/c it's the only thing you've ever know, believing that things will change and/or get better some day.*I could smack myself for that one*
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3147 Jan 23, 2012
SoundDoctrine wrote:
<quoted text> Fact is, most ppl will convince themselves that the lies and things they are in question about are true. Or they will take the approach that I and so many others have taken.... and that's to try & ignore it, overlook it, & simply leave it alone, just b/c it's the only thing you've ever know, believing that things will change and/or get better some day.*I could smack myself for that one*
^^^ Been there done that. In fact did it for over 7 years. That's why I constantly drive home the point that the UHOP is more than it's own religion. It transcends the belief system into the realm of a way of life. Everything and I do mean everything that they do is controlled by the UHOP. Vacations are planned around the UHOP convocation/travel schedule. Well that is for the few that will take vacations. When deciding on college I only applied to schools in states and cities that were close to a UHOP. I never had a birthday party as a kid because my birthday always fell on the week or weekend of Charlotte convocation in October. My birthday present was typically my trip to Charlotte to be with Daddy.

Those UHOP members who read this and act like what I say is absurd are in denial. I'm in contact with several children of UHOP Councilmen that are required to travel with Daddy. They all have similar horror stories about their childhood without their fathers. In the UHOP it's considered a sacrifice. So let's think about this GOD wants you to miss your child's first steps or his first football game to be with Daddy in his UHOP?
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#3148 Jan 23, 2012
For my UHOP sisters and brothers watch these two videos. Open your minds; enough said!

&fe ature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Michael 693,160
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Dec 30 D dicampli 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 20 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
More from around the web