What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 | Posted by: Paul Zannucci | Full story: www.christianpost.com

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Comments (Page 4,188)

Showing posts 83,741 - 83,760 of83,831
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
wondering

Pontotoc, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Concerned Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reverend sounds like a mean Christian.
What makes you think he is mean,just because he thinks he is not worthy to be called reverand like God is.
wondering

Pontotoc, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

pockets wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes God wants us to love other people and he wants us to show our love for him by following his doctrines---------- John 14:23 after all doctrines divide His sheep from the goats ..
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT DOCTRINE WE CAN SHOW OUR LOVE TO HIM IS BY BELEIVING WERE SAVED BY Jesus his merits alone.. and not by what any human pope says but by what Jesus has done already.. his perfect life in our stead and his death for our sins..
You are right,we don't need a pope to intercede for us we can go right to God through Jesus Crist our savior.Nothing needs to be added to what Jesus has already done.
Concerned Expat

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think he is mean,just because he thinks he is not worthy to be called reverand like God is.

Reverend, not reverand.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 (KJV)
wondering

Pontotoc, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Concerned Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverend, not reverand.
Thansk for kerrecting me.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Ron Paul Republican 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ will NOT save you at all if you keep it up already!
Born Again Christianity is dying and you will regret one day that you have been brainwashed completely by the fundamentalism movement! It is time for you to go to rehab right now because what your brain is telling us that you are doing illegal things that were NOT intended by anyone else out there at all! Enjoy your life while you still can because once they find out about your agenda, you will face the legal consequences and the judge will have an arrest warrant against you for whatever reasons and the police will take you away immediately with or without warning on a court order!
You are NO better at all than Pastor and Radio Host Ralph Gordon Stair and Pastor Charles Dowell!
Keep it up and you will pay the price for your entire actions!
You said, quote, "Born Again Christianity is dying and you will regret one day that you have been brainwashed completely by the fundamentalism movement!" End quote.

Well, I am certain your statement would be news to Jesus and Nicodemus. If you own a Bible look these up.....

John 3:1-7, 1 "Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him." 3 Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." 4 Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" 5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you,'You must be born again."

BORN AGAIN began before the Christian church. Jesus said what.....YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN. Do you understand?
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Born Again Christianity is dying and you will regret one day that you have been brainwashed completely by the fundamentalism movement!" End quote.
Well, I am certain your statement would be news to Jesus and Nicodemus. If you own a Bible look these up.....
John 3:1-7, 1 "Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him." 3 Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." 4 Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" 5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you,'You must be born again."
BORN AGAIN began before the Christian church. Jesus said what.....YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN. Do you understand?
I don't care!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I do NOT care!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I don't care!
Thank you Ron Paul Republican 2016 for you astounding input. As usual you have "wowed" everyone on this forum with your profound knowledge.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I do NOT care!
I do NOT believe you.
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
I do NOT believe you.
Yeah Right!
Truth about NorCal

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
I do NOT believe you.
NorCal said that you have a frotterism and bestiality perversion and you have sex with furry cats. I believe her.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Truth about NorCal wrote:
<quoted text>NorCal said that you have a frotterism and bestiality perversion and you have sex with furry cats. I believe her.
<><
Mole heals fairy. IOW Gopher cures elf!
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Case specific with Jesus that is NOT his name...

Goneriah, syphalis, blood disroder form poisening form water and spoiled food sources, hallucinating from toxic shock gang green and fever, a repeated head injury and brain injury, CHAMBER JUMPING between parralel systems, electircal current in brain and blood was not stable so a emotional display of much instability.

He had a wandering eye, from a blow to the right side of his face.

If you slander anyone that has injuries like his your dead on a stake and must suffer the injuries he and his affilates had to aquiant, dont mock anyone.

Natural Vampire in creation prevailed death by chamber jumping and did not have full registry and comprehension of severity of injury lived life decomposing around himself.

He made money by racketeering gossip from others and it appeared he was psychic, as he represented informaiton in a differnt dialect then the source so they could not comprehend what was just said.

Even as a child I did not see him as miraculous pathetic and typical I live in USA we see that magnitude of injuries daily so we are all a little flighty and need to stay grounded to our bodily vessle, never abort or leave your human unattneded always hold on an embrace so no harm is of consequnce to you.
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Jaimie wrote:
Goneriah, syphalis, blood disroder form poisening form water and spoiled food sources, hallucinating from toxic shock gang green and fever, a repeated head injury and brain injury, CHAMBER JUMPING between parralel systems, electircal current in brain and blood was not stable so a emotional display of much instability.
If you slander anyone that has injuries like his your dead on a stake and must suffer the injuries he and his affilates had to aquiant, dont mock anyone.
Natural Vampire in creation prevailed death by chamber jumping and did not have full registry and comprehension of severity of injury lived life decomposing around himself.
He made money by racketeering gossip from others and it appeared he was psychic, as he represented informaiton in a differnt dialect then the source so they could not comprehend what was just said.
Even as a child I did not see him as miraculous pathetic and typical I live in USA we see that magnitude of injuries daily so we are all a little flighty and need to stay grounded to our bodily vessle, never abort or leave your human unattneded always hold on an embrace so no harm is of consequnce to you.
This is a stupidest post I ever heard on this forum! Off topic and NOT relevant at all!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Jaimie wrote:
This is the stupidest post I ever heard on this forum! Off topic and NOT relevant at all!
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
This is the stupidest post I ever heard on this forum! Off topic and NOT relevant at all!
AND FYI GOd was NOT HUMAN it was a giant magnonomous CELL(big organism) He was in LOVE with a personaility, anything it discussed was so intriguing and humourous and when anything got near its NEST the expressions on human alien and animal and insect was so funny he loved her so much, a damn profuse tit fly, silly little thing stinks but thank God I dont smell like other things,, God never smealt her or the festering mess it just appered funny when others could. One personaility he refused to ever vanquesh from existence.
rodugurs

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch...
what divides it is Gays
humblepie

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Catholic Church:
Murder, Politics, Espionage, Society of Judas, NLP, The Hoarding of Riches, Orchestrator of Wars, Destroyed 3 whole kingdoms, Satanic Rituals, Pagan Idols, Loves Ceremony's, Mystery Traditions, Latin prayers, puffed up Cos-players, worship of the Dead, Egyptian/Babylonian Mithra-ism (etc, etc)

Protestant Church:
Christ, The Holy Spirit, Heavenly
Truth, Sabbath, Correct interruption of Prophecy, correct interruption of Scriptures

One takes its Structure From Ancient Pagan Ceremonies and places itself at the same level as Christ.
The Papacy commits Blasphemy by saying it is The Way to heaven instead of Christ (see Acts 4:12)

The other Places The Scriptures (word of God) as the divine instructor in ones Life and knows that No matter What Good works someone has or hasn't Done they are Undeserving of Entering into Heaven and of Christ's Great Sacrifice its a Free Gift for those who would claim it.

If you Paid for it You were Tricked

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

humblepie wrote:
Catholic Church:
Murder, Politics, Espionage, Society of Judas, NLP, The Hoarding of Riches, Orchestrator of Wars, Destroyed 3 whole kingdoms, Satanic Rituals, Pagan Idols, Loves Ceremony's, Mystery Traditions, Latin prayers, puffed up Cos-players, worship of the Dead, Egyptian/Babylonian Mithra-ism (etc, etc)
Protestant Church:
Christ, The Holy Spirit, Heavenly
Truth, Sabbath, Correct interruption of Prophecy, correct interruption of Scriptures
One takes its Structure From Ancient Pagan Ceremonies and places itself at the same level as Christ.
The Papacy commits Blasphemy by saying it is The Way to heaven instead of Christ (see Acts 4:12)
The other Places The Scriptures (word of God) as the divine instructor in ones Life and knows that No matter What Good works someone has or hasn't Done they are Undeserving of Entering into Heaven and of Christ's Great Sacrifice its a Free Gift for those who would claim it.
If you Paid for it You were Tricked
Why are Protestant, and Baptist ordaining gays and lesbians and pastors of their Churches?
According to protestants and Baptist religious practices, Jesus Christ was Gay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,741 - 83,760 of83,831
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min USA Born 532,272
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Married in 8,118
More Tue Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••