What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 | Posted by: Paul Zannucci | Full story: www.christianpost.com

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Comments (Page 4,186)

Showing posts 83,701 - 83,720 of83,860
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Itb

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85923
May 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I guess you'll think twice next time before marrying a Catholic. Just kidding. It's a shame it didn't work out. Not completely kidding. Mary's husband turned to alcohol and then hard drugs and wasn't good for much of anything but her divorce wasn't quite finalized before she went into the hospital. I won't be going to the funeral since my presence may be necessary for a potential custody battle and the distribution of what little Mary intended to leave to the kids.
Two hours now and all I can do is wait for the call. Keep praying.
15th.... I 'm sorry for what is happening with your sister. It's so hard losing a sibling. Then having to deal with a "battle " just adds to the pain. I'll keep you in my prayers. Take care.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85924
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Itb wrote:
<quoted text>
Pat...So sad to hear what all happened, how things turned out. Life sure isn't easy!! Take care.
Thanks, it has been a trying time, I wish she can get cleaned up and we work things out, I did not want to do what I had to do, but after what all happened both my ministers told me I had NO choice other than file for divorce. I was blind sided by quite a few things after the fact, I was dealing with many more problems than I knew about.I hope you and your family are well. I will drop in on the thread from time to time. Take care.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85926
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Jaimie wrote:
<quoted text>
So as I met Lucifer the "Beautimous One"
We talked of my death form being a twin killed in the womb by my sibling.
We Talked of my death being in my mothers womb and the doctor did not want her to die as a result they believed I wa dead inside her, and gave her a abortion measure and I was ripped apart but could still move my finger and they injected me and killed me again.
We talked of my gown as I was a supervisor of angels in the vault of souls, everyones was white gowns and reavealing aroudn the top like a pretty nightgown. My was less revealing and was gold. The vault only held babies humans that were Anmials in their prior life, first time humans. 1969 vault. I met the boy that was almost to be "me" I battled that beast and returned to the mother that I died in a few years prior.
The Angels indicated that they resented their assignment and since these were newer souls they refused to train to be human babies as a result they are not the FREAKIN Humane Society. BAD guardians coorupt and full of distain.
Lucifer indicated to many drug babies and remote viewers tat were lost to coma as a result of viewing future threw animal or insect experience. Maybe they were being placed as angels to convert the minds of those victims to a normalcy and fight their cells back to normal conscious reality. He was kind to me in my coma.
This was a search for me, Magnamous was searching for a earth human to watch over me during other of his affairs. I was trying to say Magnamous look he's beautiful, it's the one. and wound up indicating beautimous one.

Lucifer asked about the phrase "O Beautimous One" As that was what God refernced when they met as well. I laughed, I met Lucifer when I had a psychic eavesdropper in another life, a solor system parralel to the sun of earth, I was called a Creature by some "Kind" by others. Magnonomous and I were affiliating that day a GIANT gallactic molecule worm transportaled to many times, no longer yellow glow he was hardened black skin formation then and traveles the worm holes. But we Identified Lucifer as one of the males that was learning from our conversations.

Madison Wisc had these Molecules in our city, Molecular configuration of a larger view of what they are, a big worm. I battled one as a child by Tenney PArk. I have several more brain chambers open then a normal person so had to retrieve "ME" form those chamebrs to war the organism. The bats astral projected to aide me as well. They look like a giant shadow mass when they work.

I was picked u by the throat and slammed a few times on the ground I had everyoen singing the GREASE LIGHTENING SONG and dance to move them to see how many were around us. I was the creature female that flew to my OWN AIDE as all men seemed so cowardly that day I formed of a water dragon to battle Pegasus came threw and the Black haired BOYS from St MARys Catholic School out of Middleton Wisc that lived in BISHOPS cove assisted with short wave blasts of energy

Rumor had it someone videod my death to rise again, and made money but not much as other movies had better graffic animation, it was my real life, but the family that made a small revenue refused any comments, they deal with Freinds of the Royal Assembly and yor family member on their committee gets your money not you.
Itb

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85927
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, it has been a trying time, I wish she can get cleaned up and we work things out, I did not want to do what I had to do, but after what all happened both my ministers told me I had NO choice other than file for divorce. I was blind sided by quite a few things after the fact, I was dealing with many more problems than I knew about.I hope you and your family are well. I will drop in on the thread from time to time. Take care.
Yes, we are all well. It's already time to head back to TX for our youngest son's grad school graduation next week. Hard to believe it's been almost two years since we talked on here about our trip to take him to TX to start the program! I sincerely hope Con can turn her life around, for you, for her and for her daughter.

I don't come in here much anymore, only when I get a notice that someone commented on this thread. I got tired of the same old arguments and personal attacks. Nothing new is offered.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85928
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Itb wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we are all well. It's already time to head back to TX for our youngest son's grad school graduation next week. Hard to believe it's been almost two years since we talked on here about our trip to take him to TX to start the program! I sincerely hope Con can turn her life around, for you, for her and for her daughter.
I don't come in here much anymore, only when I get a notice that someone commented on this thread. I got tired of the same old arguments and personal attacks. Nothing new is offered.
Like you I stopped conversing with them who would argue that hell is an ice house in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary and the personal attacks coming from certain ones when they did not have a point. Sounds like you have a big road trip to look forward to. The most sad thing about Con is the senselessness of the situation,she has turned her back on God and church,her marriage,caused trouble for her job and daughter and I am afraid it will take something "tragic" to get through to her. My brother told me I put up with all that much longer than he would, I told him I wanted to do everything I could do, but it got so far out of hand for my "own protection" on more than 1 level I got out. Please keep her in your prayers. take care, keep in touch.
barry

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85929
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wow, it's good too see some old acquentances come back onto the thread. sorry to here that some are facing some difficulties. have a safe trip and enjoy the moment itb.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85931
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barry wrote:
wow, it's good too see some old acquentances come back onto the thread. sorry to here that some are facing some difficulties. have a safe trip and enjoy the moment itb.
Good to hear from you, I took a break from the thread. I hope all is well with you and yours. I am sure you seen the thread had gotten pretty "out there and far flung". Things are sort of in a holding pattern down here in TN.It is good to hear from you, ITB, and 15th! I guess in a way we sort of had a "bond"
Itb

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85932
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barry wrote:
wow, it's good too see some old acquentances come back onto the thread. sorry to here that some are facing some difficulties. have a safe trip and enjoy the moment itb.
That's what I felt when I saw posts from Pat and 15th. It was good to see some old "friends ", although I wish their news was happier. Life changes so fast, we need to focus on unity instead of all the hate and division. God loves us all, no matter which "belief system " we follow.

Thanks! My husband and I are taking our time with this trip. No 12 hour driving days like the trip to get him to TX. I planned in some sightseeing for both the ride there and then back with our son. Now that his "work years" are starting, who knows when we 'll have the chance to do this again. But we are extremely proud of him and are looking forward to the next chapter in his life,

I notice you're in IL, are you up North for work, or have you become a Northerner?:-)
Itb

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85933
May 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Like you I stopped conversing with them who would argue that hell is an ice house in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary and the personal attacks coming from certain ones when they did not have a point. Sounds like you have a big road trip to look forward to. The most sad thing about Con is the senselessness of the situation,she has turned her back on God and church,her marriage,caused trouble for her job and daughter and I am afraid it will take something "tragic" to get through to her. My brother told me I put up with all that much longer than he would, I told him I wanted to do everything I could do, but it got so far out of hand for my "own protection" on more than 1 level I got out. Please keep her in your prayers. take care, keep in touch.
I will keep Con in my prayers. I truly hope she finds herself, and her inner strength, before something tragic happens. I enjoyed our "conversations ". She asked me questions from time to time that I tried to answer, but it never seemed that she was having any kind of trouble or doubts. I 'm sure you did what you could, but when someone is fighting their personal inner demons, they're the only ones who can fully defeat them. And sometimes those closest to that person need to take a step back before they become collateral damage. I hope her daughter has someone close to help her understand what is happening. It's so sad when children get caught up in adult issues.

Keep in touch and take care of yourself. You won't be good to anyone if you don't take care of yourself, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85936
May 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Itb wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I felt when I saw posts from Pat and 15th. It was good to see some old "friends ", although I wish their news was happier. Life changes so fast, we need to focus on unity instead of all the hate and division. God loves us all, no matter which "belief system " we follow.
Thanks! My husband and I are taking our time with this trip. No 12 hour driving days like the trip to get him to TX. I planned in some sightseeing for both the ride there and then back with our son. Now that his "work years" are starting, who knows when we 'll have the chance to do this again. But we are extremely proud of him and are looking forward to the next chapter in his life,
I notice you're in IL, are you up North for work, or have you become a Northerner?:-)
pa. born raised and bred. even my kids were born in pa except for the 8 yr old we adopted from texas 2 years ago. i still own land in pa. i guess i will always be a northerner.
yes, the track team was at a national championship.
now if you are going to come down 81 and run through knoxville and then 59 through alabama maybe you and your husband could stop for dinner with us at a cracker barrel. we'll ptreat. just an idea. you know catholics and baptists can take a break over a good meal now and then.
i really think that division is good. it's the hate that messes it up. you know that "love the sinner hate the sin" businesses would go a lot farther if we would really concentrate first on hating our own sin.

anyway have a great trip.
Tom

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85938
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Disciple of Jesus wrote:
We have the Word of God: there are no more prophets or Apostles.
I follow Jesus; not any person.
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luke 14:26-27 (KJV)
Jesus is the closest friend and companion I've ever had.
NEW LINK. HE HAD THE OTHER ONE REMOVED...

Prophet of JC is a Fraud...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

His name is Ralph Stair FRAUD and PEDOPHILE
Tom

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85939
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I will continue to pray for Mary,you and the entire family. I know it is a difficult time. My wife last summer got on antidepressants and was doing really well, but kept on drinking with them. I tried to get her to stop drinking, it just got worse. She quit the antidepressants cold turkey and went down hill after that. I know her childhood was bad she drank becasue of that and some life decisions she made(I did not know about those until after we were married). I seen one of my closest friends drink himself to death, he could not get over and past what happened overseas in the "war". I told my wife I had seen and expeierenced some REALLY bad stuff and I did not drink.(I did drink a little scotch few and far between, what I did have at the house I gave it away)She missed quite a bit of work and was written up and she was not taking her daughter to school and they were called for truancy. I have had people tell me they have smelled alcohol on her during the day, she needs our prayers too. She would get tanked up, tear stuff up, and got violent 3-4 times,did irresponsible stuff,etc. She forced me to send her packing.I tried everything but she would not give up the beer can. Keep us posted on your sister, I am sure you are bracing for some tough challenges coming up. Just soldier through it a day at a time, that is all you can do, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care Friend!
NEW LINK. HE HAD THE OTHER ONE REMOVED...

Prophet of JC is a Fraud...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

His name is Ralph Stair FRAUD and PEDOPHILE
Tom

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85940
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Itb wrote:
<quoted text>
15th.... I 'm sorry for what is happening with your sister. It's so hard losing a sibling. Then having to deal with a "battle " just adds to the pain. I'll keep you in my prayers. Take care.
NEW LINK. HE HAD THE OTHER ONE REMOVED...

Prophet of JC is a Fraud...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

His name is Ralph Stair FRAUD and PEDOPHILE
ITB

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85942
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barry wrote:
<quoted text>pa. born raised and bred. even my kids were born in pa except for the 8 yr old we adopted from texas 2 years ago. i still own land in pa. i guess i will always be a northerner.
yes, the track team was at a national championship.
now if you are going to come down 81 and run through knoxville and then 59 through alabama maybe you and your husband could stop for dinner with us at a cracker barrel. we'll ptreat. just an idea. you know catholics and baptists can take a break over a good meal now and then.
i really think that division is good. it's the hate that messes it up. you know that "love the sinner hate the sin" businesses would go a lot farther if we would really concentrate first on hating our own sin.
anyway have a great trip.
National Championships...congrats to your track team for making it there.

Guess that's the same as my husband still considering himself a "Southerner" even though he's lived much more than half his life in the North!

Thanks for the dinner invite. I don't know where we'll be when. My husband's family live in TX. They are Baptist (he is not), but they are coming to the graduation and spending the weekend with us. So Baptists and Catholic will be "breaking bread" together a few times....:-)

Despite there being divisions, religion isn't meant to divide.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85943
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ITB wrote:
<quoted text>
National Championships...congrats to your track team for making it there.
Guess that's the same as my husband still considering himself a "Southerner" even though he's lived much more than half his life in the North!
Thanks for the dinner invite. I don't know where we'll be when. My husband's family live in TX. They are Baptist (he is not), but they are coming to the graduation and spending the weekend with us. So Baptists and Catholic will be "breaking bread" together a few times....:-)
Despite there being divisions, religion isn't meant to divide.
keep in touch and enjoy. the offer still stands if our schedules would happen to work out.
the Girls finished second. it was fun. next year when we have the whole team...
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85944
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Itb wrote:
<quoted text>
I will keep Con in my prayers. I truly hope she finds herself, and her inner strength, before something tragic happens. I enjoyed our "conversations ". She asked me questions from time to time that I tried to answer, but it never seemed that she was having any kind of trouble or doubts. I 'm sure you did what you could, but when someone is fighting their personal inner demons, they're the only ones who can fully defeat them. And sometimes those closest to that person need to take a step back before they become collateral damage. I hope her daughter has someone close to help her understand what is happening. It's so sad when children get caught up in adult issues.
Keep in touch and take care of yourself. You won't be good to anyone if you don't take care of yourself, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically.
Thank you for your kind words and your prayers for Con and me. Early last summer she even stopped going to church, I know she is fighting alot of demons(A lot of them I did not know about until after we were married) I did what I could, she started counseling and after 2-3 trips she stopped that.The drinking got worse,she missed alot of work and got "written up". The priest who married us knew something was wrong and I told him what was going on, he tried to "reach her" but she just avoided him like the plague. She just got totally out of control and I seen it looked like she was/is determined to have a train wreck, both of my ministers told me also that I had no choice but to get off the train before it crashed and I would be destroyed too. The last time she got SO out of hand I was forced to get the cops involved, Today she still hates me for that and the divorce, but she does not understand I WAS FORCED to do what I had to do.I know most men would have punched her out but I was raised a man never hits a woman. I think highly of you, 15th and Barry, we did have some strong disagreements but at days end we remained friends and on good terms.Keep in touch, and I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. PAT
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85945
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your kind words and your prayers for Con and me. Early last summer she even stopped going to church, I know she is fighting alot of demons(A lot of them I did not know about until after we were married) I did what I could, she started counseling and after 2-3 trips she stopped that.The drinking got worse,she missed alot of work and got "written up". The priest who married us knew something was wrong and I told him what was going on, he tried to "reach her" but she just avoided him like the plague. She just got totally out of control and I seen it looked like she was/is determined to have a train wreck, both of my ministers told me also that I had no choice but to get off the train before it crashed and I would be destroyed too. The last time she got SO out of hand I was forced to get the cops involved, Today she still hates me for that and the divorce, but she does not understand I WAS FORCED to do what I had to do.I know most men would have punched her out but I was raised a man never hits a woman. I think highly of you, 15th and Barry, we did have some strong disagreements but at days end we remained friends and on good terms.Keep in touch, and I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. PAT
you're in my prayers.
this all might go back to something she mentioned along time ago about her father. it would be worth investigating and perhaps be considered in counseling.
any way i always enjoyed our discussions and even our disagreements. it challenged me in new ways and broadened my understanding of the issues.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85946
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barry wrote:
<quoted text>you're in my prayers.
this all might go back to something she mentioned along time ago about her father. it would be worth investigating and perhaps be considered in counseling.
any way i always enjoyed our discussions and even our disagreements. it challenged me in new ways and broadened my understanding of the issues.
Barry there is a MOST EXCELLENT book I have read and I HIGHLY recommend it. It will challenge everyone on what they believe and practice, but one must read the book until the end where it all comes together. The title of the book is Muscle and a Shovel by Michael Shank. You can order it directly from him at Michael Shank Ministries. it is $14.95 and more than well worth the price. I got my copy early April and I am on my third time through it. For every christian is it a MUST Read. It is a true story, the author lived and worked not far from where I work in Nashville.Thanks for your prayers for me and Con. I really hope and pray each day she can get the help she needs, yep her Dad and her childhood still haunts her. I know some folks are not able to put things behind them, as I told 15th Dalai about one of my best friends who ended up drinking himself to death over things that happened "over there" back in the day. For the most part he could not accept that it simply was not "our time" as to why some folks came back and others did not.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85947
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ITB, Barry, Dalia, I just wanted to ask that IF ever Con gets back on the thread for the record you all do not know anything about all this I told y'all, she would be mad as a wet hen.I doubt she comes back on anytime soon, but I felt she needed the prayers of some more good people. Thanks!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85949
May 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Born Again Christians and Protestant Christians = Christianity Zionism

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,701 - 83,720 of83,860
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Liam 513,498
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Cultastic 7,652
Pope stirs Communion debate with call to woman 22 hr Sherlayne 1
Pope John XXIII launched Vatican II and then some Wed Gods R Delusions x Mine 1
Why the Pope Doesn't Care What We Think About t... (Apr '12) Wed Sherlayne 42
Cuban government makes Good Friday official hol... Apr 22 open mind 7
Easter No. 3 for a Prisoner of Castro Apr 21 Knight Templar 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••