What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 | Posted by: Paul Zannucci | Full story: www.christianpost.com

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Comments
83,681 - 83,700 of 83,830 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2013
Tom

Tempe, AZ

#85938 May 6, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
We have the Word of God: there are no more prophets or Apostles.
I follow Jesus; not any person.
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luke 14:26-27 (KJV)
Jesus is the closest friend and companion I've ever had.
NEW LINK. HE HAD THE OTHER ONE REMOVED...

Prophet of JC is a Fraud...

His name is Ralph Stair FRAUD and PEDOPHILE
Tom

Tempe, AZ

#85939 May 6, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I will continue to pray for Mary,you and the entire family. I know it is a difficult time. My wife last summer got on antidepressants and was doing really well, but kept on drinking with them. I tried to get her to stop drinking, it just got worse. She quit the antidepressants cold turkey and went down hill after that. I know her childhood was bad she drank becasue of that and some life decisions she made(I did not know about those until after we were married). I seen one of my closest friends drink himself to death, he could not get over and past what happened overseas in the "war". I told my wife I had seen and expeierenced some REALLY bad stuff and I did not drink.(I did drink a little scotch few and far between, what I did have at the house I gave it away)She missed quite a bit of work and was written up and she was not taking her daughter to school and they were called for truancy. I have had people tell me they have smelled alcohol on her during the day, she needs our prayers too. She would get tanked up, tear stuff up, and got violent 3-4 times,did irresponsible stuff,etc. She forced me to send her packing.I tried everything but she would not give up the beer can. Keep us posted on your sister, I am sure you are bracing for some tough challenges coming up. Just soldier through it a day at a time, that is all you can do, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care Friend!

Tom

Tempe, AZ

#85940 May 6, 2013
Itb wrote:
<quoted text>
15th.... I 'm sorry for what is happening with your sister. It's so hard losing a sibling. Then having to deal with a "battle " just adds to the pain. I'll keep you in my prayers. Take care.

ITB

Hatfield, PA

#85942 May 6, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>pa. born raised and bred. even my kids were born in pa except for the 8 yr old we adopted from texas 2 years ago. i still own land in pa. i guess i will always be a northerner.
yes, the track team was at a national championship.
now if you are going to come down 81 and run through knoxville and then 59 through alabama maybe you and your husband could stop for dinner with us at a cracker barrel. we'll ptreat. just an idea. you know catholics and baptists can take a break over a good meal now and then.
i really think that division is good. it's the hate that messes it up. you know that "love the sinner hate the sin" businesses would go a lot farther if we would really concentrate first on hating our own sin.
anyway have a great trip.
National Championships...congrats to your track team for making it there.

Guess that's the same as my husband still considering himself a "Southerner" even though he's lived much more than half his life in the North!

Thanks for the dinner invite. I don't know where we'll be when. My husband's family live in TX. They are Baptist (he is not), but they are coming to the graduation and spending the weekend with us. So Baptists and Catholic will be "breaking bread" together a few times....:-)

Despite there being divisions, religion isn't meant to divide.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#85943 May 6, 2013
ITB wrote:
<quoted text>
National Championships...congrats to your track team for making it there.
Guess that's the same as my husband still considering himself a "Southerner" even though he's lived much more than half his life in the North!
Thanks for the dinner invite. I don't know where we'll be when. My husband's family live in TX. They are Baptist (he is not), but they are coming to the graduation and spending the weekend with us. So Baptists and Catholic will be "breaking bread" together a few times....:-)
Despite there being divisions, religion isn't meant to divide.
keep in touch and enjoy. the offer still stands if our schedules would happen to work out.
the Girls finished second. it was fun. next year when we have the whole team...
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#85944 May 6, 2013
Itb wrote:
<quoted text>
I will keep Con in my prayers. I truly hope she finds herself, and her inner strength, before something tragic happens. I enjoyed our "conversations ". She asked me questions from time to time that I tried to answer, but it never seemed that she was having any kind of trouble or doubts. I 'm sure you did what you could, but when someone is fighting their personal inner demons, they're the only ones who can fully defeat them. And sometimes those closest to that person need to take a step back before they become collateral damage. I hope her daughter has someone close to help her understand what is happening. It's so sad when children get caught up in adult issues.
Keep in touch and take care of yourself. You won't be good to anyone if you don't take care of yourself, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically.
Thank you for your kind words and your prayers for Con and me. Early last summer she even stopped going to church, I know she is fighting alot of demons(A lot of them I did not know about until after we were married) I did what I could, she started counseling and after 2-3 trips she stopped that.The drinking got worse,she missed alot of work and got "written up". The priest who married us knew something was wrong and I told him what was going on, he tried to "reach her" but she just avoided him like the plague. She just got totally out of control and I seen it looked like she was/is determined to have a train wreck, both of my ministers told me also that I had no choice but to get off the train before it crashed and I would be destroyed too. The last time she got SO out of hand I was forced to get the cops involved, Today she still hates me for that and the divorce, but she does not understand I WAS FORCED to do what I had to do.I know most men would have punched her out but I was raised a man never hits a woman. I think highly of you, 15th and Barry, we did have some strong disagreements but at days end we remained friends and on good terms.Keep in touch, and I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. PAT
barry

Rainsville, AL

#85945 May 6, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your kind words and your prayers for Con and me. Early last summer she even stopped going to church, I know she is fighting alot of demons(A lot of them I did not know about until after we were married) I did what I could, she started counseling and after 2-3 trips she stopped that.The drinking got worse,she missed alot of work and got "written up". The priest who married us knew something was wrong and I told him what was going on, he tried to "reach her" but she just avoided him like the plague. She just got totally out of control and I seen it looked like she was/is determined to have a train wreck, both of my ministers told me also that I had no choice but to get off the train before it crashed and I would be destroyed too. The last time she got SO out of hand I was forced to get the cops involved, Today she still hates me for that and the divorce, but she does not understand I WAS FORCED to do what I had to do.I know most men would have punched her out but I was raised a man never hits a woman. I think highly of you, 15th and Barry, we did have some strong disagreements but at days end we remained friends and on good terms.Keep in touch, and I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. PAT
you're in my prayers.
this all might go back to something she mentioned along time ago about her father. it would be worth investigating and perhaps be considered in counseling.
any way i always enjoyed our discussions and even our disagreements. it challenged me in new ways and broadened my understanding of the issues.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#85946 May 6, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>you're in my prayers.
this all might go back to something she mentioned along time ago about her father. it would be worth investigating and perhaps be considered in counseling.
any way i always enjoyed our discussions and even our disagreements. it challenged me in new ways and broadened my understanding of the issues.
Barry there is a MOST EXCELLENT book I have read and I HIGHLY recommend it. It will challenge everyone on what they believe and practice, but one must read the book until the end where it all comes together. The title of the book is Muscle and a Shovel by Michael Shank. You can order it directly from him at Michael Shank Ministries. it is $14.95 and more than well worth the price. I got my copy early April and I am on my third time through it. For every christian is it a MUST Read. It is a true story, the author lived and worked not far from where I work in Nashville.Thanks for your prayers for me and Con. I really hope and pray each day she can get the help she needs, yep her Dad and her childhood still haunts her. I know some folks are not able to put things behind them, as I told 15th Dalai about one of my best friends who ended up drinking himself to death over things that happened "over there" back in the day. For the most part he could not accept that it simply was not "our time" as to why some folks came back and others did not.
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#85947 May 6, 2013
ITB, Barry, Dalia, I just wanted to ask that IF ever Con gets back on the thread for the record you all do not know anything about all this I told y'all, she would be mad as a wet hen.I doubt she comes back on anytime soon, but I felt she needed the prayers of some more good people. Thanks!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

#85949 May 16, 2013
Born Again Christians and Protestant Christians = Christianity Zionism
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

#85950 May 16, 2013
Born Again Christianity and Protestant Christianity = Christianity Zionism
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

#85951 May 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not "born again Christian dogma"....it is Scripture from the infallibly Holy Sacred Word of God. Quote: John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
This is not B.S...it is truth: Christ referred to God the Father as Holy Father. It is blasphemy to call the pope or any other man by God's name.
I will NOT repeat this dire warning ever again! Listen and follow up what I have said instead of ignoring it completely!

"Only fools like you and everyone else that followed the Born Again Christian dogma would support a costly war on Iran and Syria which would destroy our country and our economy as well! Get real and get off your blasphemy argument B.S.! Atheists and Catholics have more credibility and more reputation than all of you Born Again Christians fanatics have ever come up with your nonsense religion!"

That is what I have called Christianity Zionism!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

#85952 May 16, 2013
Christianity Zionism at it's best and at it's worst as well!:
Disciple of Jesus

Millfield, OH

#85953 May 16, 2013
RPP -- it would help if you had one ounce of knowledge of Christianity! Or, religion.

http://www.israelversusjudaism.org/

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 3:3 (KJV)
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

#85954 May 16, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
RPP -- it would help if you had one ounce of knowledge of Christianity! Or, religion.
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Same reason goes to you as well!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

#85955 May 16, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Same reason goes for you as well!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

#85956 May 17, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Disciple of Jesus = Disciple of Hypocrisy
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

#85957 May 17, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Disciple of Jesus = Disciple of Dope
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

#85958 May 17, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Jesus Christ never said that at all!
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

#85959 May 17, 2013
Abby Sunderland = A Born Again Christian Fanatic

I wished she had died a long time ago because praying to god did NOT help her at all! Without the emergency beacon then she would have been dead a long time ago!

God helps those who help themselves!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 538,788
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 18 hr ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••