What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 | Posted by: Paul Zannucci | Full story: www.christianpost.com

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Comments
83,581 - 83,600 of 83,830 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2013

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
The first two are EXACTLY my point. The OT is a covenant between God and the nation of Israel. It contained instructions for the building up of the nation of Israel. The NT is a covenant between God and "the Church". The Church being we the people. The NT supercedes the OT, or is intended to when it comes to Christianity.
As for cutting one's hair and shaving, it is part of the same Levitican Laws the anti-gay crowd likes to continually quote out of context.
Covenant: properly, a disposition, i.e.(specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):--covenant, testament.

The OT and the NT are contracts. They are between God and mankind..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. You happily jumped in when I sardonically asked if the Baptist Church was the only "Bible believing church". Remember? That's how this started.
You then laughingly inferred that my relationship with God is questionable. Guess what sport? I don't need to explain my beliefs to you. Those are between me and God and anyone that's willing to talk about it. Not some overly-righteous, pious git that has the nerve to assume he understands anything about my relationship with God.
If you want to ride this merry-go-round...be my quest...

My last words:
You can't refute the truth...so you dodged..."There is no Christian religion that is not based on the Sacred Word of God.Your view of Christianity tells it all regards your relationship with God."

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to ride this merry-go-round...be my quest...
My last words:
You can't refute the truth...so you dodged..."There is no Christian religion that is not based on the Sacred Word of God.Your view of Christianity tells it all regards your relationship with God."
If you need to keep repreating that to convince yourself, well, whatever gets you through your day I guess.

See, I know you're just playing stupid games. The person I initally replied to was very adamant about his being a Baptist. So when I asked him if it was the "only Bible believing Church" in reference to something he said, it was a poke in the ribs at him.

Then you came strutting along like Christ coming to cleanse the temple to edyamacate me about my relationship with God.

But hey, way to judge there sport. Guess ya missed Church the Sunday they taught about not doing that.
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

The hated person in the world is Abby Sunderland because she is dumb as her parents and her Born Again Christian followers as well!
Disciple of Jesus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

What separates Catholics and Christianity? Jesus and His salvation.

Catholics have their own bible. It is of the strain and flow out of Egypt and on to Rome.

Christians have the Apostles texts from then to now.

Catholicism was birth formally in 318 AD.

Christianity and Baptist were birth when Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. Baptist were first called Christians at Antioch.

No; the Catholics bible is not sacred test.
nOgOd

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Q. What separates catholics and protestants?

A. A guillotine.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

The Great Awakening: 10 Volcanoes Awaken In One Week

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Tw*t speak.
Patriot wrote:
The Great Awakening: 10 Volcanoes Awaken In One Week
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Building on the Eternal, The Creator -

http://bible.cc/john/8-58.htm , http://bible.cc/2_samuel/22-47.htm
http://bible.cc/revelation/21-4.htm

"Everyone -- who hears these Words of Mine http://bible.cc/john/12-49.htm and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew (circumstances and situations) and beat against that house http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/3-16.htm ; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these Words of Mine and does not -- put them into practice -- is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Tw*t speak.
<quoted text>
<><
It has been said, "It takes one to know one."
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

You two tw*ts shall get on well then.
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
It has been said, "It takes one to know one."
Disciple of Jesus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

What divides Catholics and Protestants? Not much.

What divides Catholics and Christianity ---- they are as different as night and day.

Baptist are 300 yrs older than the Catholics and have the Bible of the Apostles. The Catholics produced their first bible in 350 AD and it is not a real Bible.

Catholics are just about 100% opposite of Christians. Their satanic ritual of the Eucharist is an abomination.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So do you follow the "Sacred Word of God" when he instructs us to kill adulterers? Do you follow the "Sacred Word of God" when it comes to eating pork? Lobster? Crab? Shrimp? Carp? Catfish? Sole? DO you follow the "Sacred Word of God" when it comes to cutting your hair and/or shaving, as in don't do it?
Do you understand there's a fundamental difference between the Old Testament and the new Testament besides the introduction of Christ?
Or more precisly, do you know what the Old Testament is? And do you now what the New Testament is?
As for my "view" of Christianity, I filtered out the dogma and kept the basic message, love one another. Sometimes I fail miserably with certain individuals but that's because I'm human, not because I have some "messed up view" of Christianity.
God never instructed US to kill adulterers. but then you know that and are only trying to distract and distort the argument as if it would support your position.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. You happily jumped in when I sardonically asked if the Baptist Church was the only "Bible believing church". Remember? That's how this started.
You then laughingly inferred that my relationship with God is questionable. Guess what sport? I don't need to explain my beliefs to you. Those are between me and God and anyone that's willing to talk about it. Not some overly-righteous, pious git that has the nerve to assume he understands anything about my relationship with God.
1Peter 3:15 ... and be ready always to give an answer...
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

As one commenter said: Does the city give blanket permits that would allow me to help people in a variety of circumstances? If I get a permit to share food with hungry people, am I also covered to help a person drowning? Would my blanket permit allow me to give helpful advice to people who ask me for help? Can I help a woman at the side of the road that has a flat tire without violating some ordinance?

Can anyone out there tell me how I'm supposed to figure out what kinds of common sense types of help I can offer someone without a permit?

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/70-year-o...
fogn

Rochester, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch... … H.O.P.E.
divide them
Bible Believer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
As one commenter said: Does the city give blanket permits that would allow me to help people in a variety of circumstances? If I get a permit to share food with hungry people, am I also covered to help a person drowning? Would my blanket permit allow me to give helpful advice to people who ask me for help? Can I help a woman at the side of the road that has a flat tire without violating some ordinance?
Can anyone out there tell me how I'm supposed to figure out what kinds of common sense types of help I can offer someone without a permit?
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/70-year-o...
Obviously; don't get a permit or license. 1.) they are most likely outside of the law/constitution and 2.) having not subscribed there is no governing authority. 3.) Man attempting to take God's authority and the Christian is not to follow. Who holds the license, hold authority. God ordains; we are not to subscribe men's little rules.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The End Game

How the 'Elite' Will Sell Global Collapse To The Masses

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The globalists have stretched the whole of the world thin. They have removed almost every pillar of support from the edifice around us, and like a giant game of Jenga, are waiting for the final piece to be removed, causing the teetering structure to crumble. Once this calamity occurs, they will call it a random act of fate, or a mathematical inevitability of an overly complex system. They will say that they are not to blame. That we were in the midst of “recovery”. That they could not have seen it coming.

Their solution will be predictable. They will state that in order to avoid such future destruction, the global framework must be “simplified”, and what better way to simplify the world than to end national sovereignty, dissolve all borders, and centralize nation states under a single economic and political ideal...

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/how-elite...

http://bible.cc/revelation/13-16.htm vs 16-18

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/better-th...
Bible Believer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

One may think Zionism: their Hexagram flag is the Star of Lucifer.
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Bible Believer wrote:
One may think Zionism: their Hexagram flag is the Star of Lucifer.

It is babylonian and originally comes from Rome then carried to Jerusalem by the Templars. Rothschild is one Templar, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 538,609
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 5 hr ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Crazy 8,273
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••