What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 | Posted by: Paul Zannucci | Full story: www.christianpost.com

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Comments (Page 4,178)

Showing posts 83,541 - 83,560 of83,830
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't joking. A lot of people disrespect the name of God on topix, I wasn't sure what it meant, which is why I asked.
<3
So you have a problem with Freedom of Speech then?

“Seriously guys...”

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

barry wrote:
<quoted text>apparently that was only temporary during the 70's. canada since has divested itself from petrocan.
however thanks for the info. i didn't know that canada had at one time nationalized its oil industry.
the rest of the countries that have nationalized don't have a very good record of putting the profits back to infrastructure or the general welfare of the people.
Ecuador
Iran
Iraq
Libya
Nigeria
Saudi Arabia
Venezuela
Argentina
Mexico
Russia
Actually, PetroCan was around from 1975 until 2009. It was privatized in 1990-91(although the govt kept a 19% stake in it) and finally completely sold off to Suncor in 2009.

“Seriously guys...”

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What about a church that believes in and also follows their: Magisterium, Tradition and Catechism of which neither are fully supported by Scripture???
Don't ask me. I think religion in general is bullshit for the most part.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have a problem with Freedom of Speech then?
Why on earth would you ask me that, what if I did? Is it one way? I was wondering, that's all. You certainly seem to have a problem with 'Freedom of Speech', unless it's your own.
Disciple of Jesus

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Catholicism is under the Pentagram and Hexagram; nothing to do with Christianity. They are the recreation of the Babylonian religion since their inception in 313AD.

Amazing; non-Christians talk about what they know nothing about. Like folks talking about the Muslims and never have lived in their countries or lived with them.
YTube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

**WHITNEY HOUSTON ...raised from the dead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

So it's a Septagram?
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Catholicism is under the Pentagram and Hexagram; nothing to do with Christianity. They are the recreation of the Babylonian religion since their inception in 313AD.
Amazing; non-Christians talk about what they know nothing about. Like folks talking about the Muslims and never have lived in their countries or lived with them.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ask me. I think religion in general is bullshit for the most part.
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Which is why no one should take scripture seriously.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

this thread has been going on for 5 yrs! LMAO..
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

"I Am the LORD, the GOD of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?"
http://bible.cc/jeremiah/32-27.htm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50434185/ns/techn...

http://bible.cc/romans/1-20.htm

"...Worship Him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/14-6....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Which is why no one should take scripture seriously.
<quoted text>
A day is coming...

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

“Seriously guys...”

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite confusing religion with spirituality. People are quite capable of having a relationship with God without buying into the dogmatic horsepuckey.

“Seriously guys...”

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on earth would you ask me that, what if I did? Is it one way? I was wondering, that's all. You certainly seem to have a problem with 'Freedom of Speech', unless it's your own.
I wasn't the one all fired up to get all offended by something I wasn't sure whether to be offended by or not.
If you have to ask then you're just looking for reasons to be offended, and that's kind'a sad.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't the one all fired up to get all offended by something I wasn't sure whether to be offended by or not.
If you have to ask then you're just looking for reasons to be offended, and that's kind'a sad.
It is isn't it?

When people WANT to be defensive, they are looking for a fight, IMHO.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Ha ha ha.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A day is coming...
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Friday January 11 (missed it yesterday)
Practice Pure Religion
Lev 18-20, Matt 6:9-18, Ps 71:1-16, Pr 2:1-2
'Pure...religion before God... is this...' James 1:27

Jesus said about every act of kindness you show toward someone who's hurting or in need:'...You did it to Me.'(Matthew 25:40) Wow! Maybe next time you're too busy to show concern, that'll make you stop and think. Jesus told one man,'...Sell what you have and give it to the poor...[then] follow Me.'(Matthew 19:21) This man could've blessed many others, and even been numbered among Christ's disciples, but it didn't happen because he was self-focused. Jesus told another story about a rich man who died and went to hell. Now, he didn't go there because he was rich. The only sin he was charged with was selfishness. He allowed a poor man to sit on his doorstep with wounds untended, his body ill-clad, his stomach empty, and did nothing about it (Luke 16:19-31). On the other hand, Zacchaeus, who overcharged others in order to enrich himself, saw the folly of his ways, renounced selfishness and made a decision to follow Jesus (Luke 19:1-10). The story's told of an angel visiting a wealthy man who happened to be on his deathbed. After the man listed all the things he'd like to take to Heaven with him, the angel informed him,'You can only take what you have given away.' Don't wait until the eve of your departure to give; experience the joy and reward of it-now.'Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble.' So today, practise pure religion!
The word for Today
Have a lovely day <3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite confusing religion with spirituality. People are quite capable of having a relationship with God without buying into the dogmatic horsepuckey.
There is no Christian religion that is not based on the Sacred Word of God.

Your view of Christianity tells it all regards your relationship with God.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no Christian religion that is not based on the Sacred Word of God.
Your view of Christianity tells it all regards your relationship with God.
I think he's saying anyone can read the Bible and have a relationship with god. You don't need to add religious dogma to do so...?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he's saying anyone can read the Bible and have a relationship with god. You don't need to add religious dogma to do so...?
religious: Having or showing belief in and reverence for God or a deity.
dogma:(Christian Religious Writings / Theology) a religious doctrine or system of doctrines proclaimed by ecclesiastical authority as true
If that be so..
A. He does not believe nor does he show reverence for God.
B. He does not believe in any religious doctrines proclaimed by ecclesiastical authority as true.
You referring to God as god also shows your degree of reverence for God..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,541 - 83,560 of83,830
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••