What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 Full story: www.christianpost.com 83,830

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#85628 Jan 5, 2013
I have read a lot of your comments and I am going to have to go back to what I said at the Beginning of this thread.

What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Protestants are Daughters of the Beast, and Catholics are the Beast.

That is what divides Protestants from Catholic.

One is the Beast of Revelations (that is Catholic) the other is a daughter of the Beast.

And when dealing with just Catholic and Protestants neither one of you Know GOD.

You are BOTH Evil.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#85629 Jan 5, 2013
The QUESTION of the thread However is what is the Difference Between Catholics and Protestants.

The Answer is;

Catholicism is the Mother of Harlots

Protestantism is a Harlot.

It is that simple.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#85630 Jan 5, 2013
It Has to do with EASTER SUNDAY.
crzzzd

Rochester, PA

#85631 Jan 5, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
money talks and bullsizt walks is what divides

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#85632 Jan 5, 2013
crzzzd wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=RXvyX0gyht 4
money talks and bullsizt walks is what divides
I am pretty sure until like the last 10-20 years the Catholic Church was the Most Richest Organization upon the Earth.

The Oil Companies have Far surpassed the Vatican in the last 15 years or so.

ANd Remember
We have to hate any Country that Nationalizes their Oil and Spends the Money on Bringing Food, Work, Infrastructure, Education, Money, Etc. to their Populace are EVIL AGAINST CAPITALISM and must be HATED

HOW DARE THEY EXPLOIT those National Resources and Help the Infrastructure of their People?
They are Suppose to take a Bribe and Keep their People in Servitude.

How Dare they get Uppity against a Oil Company and think they could build Water pipes, and Roads, etc..
wayne

Lake Elsinore, CA

#85634 Jan 5, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics are Christians.
I did not realize how ignorant you are until this post of yours.
Catholics are catholic. Not christians. They worship a female deity and bow befor idols made by human hands. This is not Christianity.Its idolatry. Catholics are satans new army

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#85635 Jan 5, 2013
wayne wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics are catholic. Not christians. They worship a female deity and bow befor idols made by human hands. This is not Christianity.Its idolatry. Catholics are satans new army
Catholics worship God and His Son, Jesus.
No Catholic worships the virgin Mary. She is, however, honored because she is the mother of the Son of God, Jesus.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#85636 Jan 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
619
<quoted text>
Garbage.....
Mt 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Ac 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.
Infants cannot:
A.Confess their sins.
B.Cannot believe.
C.Cannot believe on the Lord.
The Catholic Church determined the Doctrine of Baptism; this was already in place before the Bible was put together.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#85637 Jan 5, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics worship God and His Son, Jesus.
No Catholic worships the virgin Mary. She is, however, honored because she is the mother of the Son of God, Jesus.
Hi Nettiebelle,

I wouldn't word it exactly like that.

Mary is the mother of God, comma, God the Son. That identically same God the Son who died on the cross for the forgiveness of sin and the salvation of all mankind.

God bless you.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#85638 Jan 5, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church determined the Doctrine of Baptism; this was already in place before the Bible was put together.
God determined the doctrine of Baptism. That's why every single baptism in the New Testament was full water immersion after a person got saved. NO BABY BAPTISMS!!!!! NO SPRINKLE BAPTISMS!!!!

1) Saved.
2) Baptized by full water immersion.

p.s.- my topix image code is 1611 for this post.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#85639 Jan 5, 2013
the perfect idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pretty sure until like the last 10-20 years the Catholic Church was the Most Richest Organization upon the Earth.
The Oil Companies have Far surpassed the Vatican in the last 15 years or so.
ANd Remember
We have to hate any Country that Nationalizes their Oil and Spends the Money on Bringing Food, Work, Infrastructure, Education, Money, Etc. to their Populace are EVIL AGAINST CAPITALISM and must be HATED
HOW DARE THEY EXPLOIT those National Resources and Help the Infrastructure of their People?
They are Suppose to take a Bribe and Keep their People in Servitude.
How Dare they get Uppity against a Oil Company and think they could build Water pipes, and Roads, etc..
help us out and name one country that nationalized their oil "and Spends the Money on Bringing Food, Work, Infrastructure, Education, Money, Etc. to their Populace". we really do want to make sure that we hate them.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#85640 Jan 5, 2013
wayne wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics are catholic. Not christians. They worship a female deity and bow befor idols made by human hands. This is not Christianity.Its idolatry. Catholics are satans new army
You now nothing about either the Bible NOR the Catholic church, do you?

Does your preacherman teach you this stuff? To hate Catholics? What does he teach you about Jews?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#85641 Jan 5, 2013
636
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church determined the Doctrine of Baptism; this was already in place before the Bible was put together.
More garbage....and it does not change the truth:

Mt 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Ac 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

Infants cannot:
A.Confess their sins.
B.Cannot believe.
C.Cannot believe on the Lord.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#85642 Jan 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
God determined the doctrine of Baptism. That's why every single baptism in the New Testament was full water immersion after a person got saved. NO BABY BAPTISMS!!!!! NO SPRINKLE BAPTISMS!!!!
1) Saved.
2) Baptized by full water immersion.
p.s.- my topix image code is 1611 for this post.
That's just bullshít, Romans. Full immersion baptism isn't described in the New Testament at all.

Do babies have souls?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#85643 Jan 5, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just bullshít, Romans. Full immersion baptism isn't described in the New Testament at all.
Do babies have souls?
The Greek word for baptize means Baptizo.

Baptizo:
1. to immerse, submerge;

2. to make whelmed (i.e. fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:

3.--Baptist, baptize, wash.

Check out this link for a more detailed explanation.

http://www.clearviewbaptist.us/faith/Baptize....
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#85644 Jan 5, 2013
The Catholics were created in the fourth century under a Hexagram religion. Look at the Catholics, robes, books, building, stained-glass windows the Hexagram is everywhere.

Don't let their words fool you like the Mormons redefining words to deceive.

The key to Catholics is the Inquisition: murder and more murder. The Eucharist is purely Satanic.

The circumcision of the heart and baptism by fire is when and where one becomes saved. The follow-up by an act of obedience to Jesus ordinance is Baptism by full immersion.

Baptism represent: buried with Jesus and arise back in a new life to walk with Him. Baptism is representative of the grave; pouring and/or sprinkling is not the meaning or the practice. Baptist are 300 yrs older than the organization of CAtholic.

They are Antichrist; which can be proven easily. In the NT the Apostle John (1JN 2:18) spoke of them and you can trace them to Egypt and then on to Rome. Look at the Nicoliatans: the Opus Dei are the same bunch - Jesus said, "But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
Rev 2:6 (KJV)" So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
Rev 2:15 (KJV) Don't be deceived by words of the Catholics; their Hexagram and the words of STUR are their indicators to let you know who they are in reality. The number value of both STUR and the Hexagram is 666. They have admitted to killing tens of millions of Baptist.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#85645 Jan 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The Greek word for baptize means Baptizo.
Baptizo:
1. to immerse, submerge;
2. to make whelmed (i.e. fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:
3.--Baptist, baptize, wash.
Check out this link for a more detailed explanation.
http://www.clearviewbaptist.us/faith/Baptize....
OK, I stand corrected. Catholics don't always do full immersion baptism.

Back to the babies. Do they have souls?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#85646 Jan 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
636
<quoted text>
More garbage....and it does not change the truth:
Mt 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Ac 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.
Infants cannot:
A.Confess their sins.
B.Cannot believe.
C.Cannot believe on the Lord.
The Bible did not come complete with an index, telling us which books, and how many, are inspired writings and canonical or not. It was the bishops of the Catholic Church under the guidance of the Holy Spirit that sorted out and decided the canon of Sacred Scripture. The bishops were preserved from falling into error, as our Lord promised, on this important matter concerning the Holy Catholic Church.(Matt. 16:18; 28:18-20)(John 14,15, and 16)(1 Tim. 3:14-15)(Acts 15:28) They included Tobit, Baruch, Judith, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus (Sirach), 1 Maccabees, and 2 Maccabees. Roman Catholics call these books deuterocanonical. Protestants call them Apocrypha. There are some additional passages in Daniel and Esther not found in Protestant Bibles.
The Bible came out of the Catholic Church around the end of the 4th century.( No small feat!) The Synods of Hippo, 393 A.D., and Carthage, 397 A.D.,and later, Carthage 419 A.D.,( along with the Traditional Bible or Latin Vulgate ( LV ), 406 A.D., by Saint Jerome ),gave us the canon of Sacred Scripture as Catholics know it today. Relatively recent archeological findings and analysis of the Dead Sea scrolls (Qumran) of 1947 revealed that several deuterocanonical books were originally composed in Hebrew or Aramaic. This is very relevant and significant because earlier Protestant reformers of the 16th century, were very suspicious of, and rejected books, only available to them in the Greek Language. In part therefore, the Protestant canon of 66 books of Sacred Scripture is deficient - short seven (7) books.

The regional or local Catholic Church Councils of Hippo, 393 A.D., and Carthage, 397 A.D., and later, Carthage 419 A.D. gave us the canon of Sacred Scripture as we know it today.
http://www.catholicevangelism.org/h-canon1.sh...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#85647 Jan 5, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
God determined the doctrine of Baptism. That's why every single baptism in the New Testament was full water immersion after a person got saved. NO BABY BAPTISMS!!!!! NO SPRINKLE BAPTISMS!!!!
1) Saved.
2) Baptized by full water immersion.
p.s.- my topix image code is 1611 for this post.
Infant Baptism:

In the Catholic Church today, baptism is most commonly administered to infants. While some other Christians strenuously object to infant baptism, believing that baptism requires assent on the part of the person being baptized, the Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, Lutherans, and other mainline Protestants also practice infant baptism, and there is evidence that it was practiced from the earliest days of the Church.

Since baptism removes both the guilt and the punishment due to Original Sin, delaying baptism until a child can understand the sacrament may put the child's salvation in danger, should he die unbaptized.
http://catholicism.about.com/od/beliefsteachi...

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#85648 Jan 5, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I stand corrected. Catholics don't always do full immersion baptism.
Back to the babies. Do they have souls?
Yes babies have souls. Yes they go to Heaven if they die.
Psalm 139:13-16
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
==========
When King David's child with Bathsheba died, he believed one day he would join the child in Heaven. A few scriptures to back my point.

2 Samuel 12:23- But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

Psalm 23:6- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Oxbow 554,341
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) 3 hr jodlas 62
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Crazy 8,639
Obama a hugely impresseda with Pope Francis (Oct '13) Nov 19 truthseeker7 3
Pope Francis' visit to Palestinian refugee camp... (May '14) Nov 19 truthseeker7 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Nov 18 QUITTNER Nov19 2014 26
Philippines prepares for pope with messages on ... Nov 17 ELIAS IBARRA 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE