What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 | Posted by: Paul Zannucci | Full story: www.christianpost.com

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Comments (Page 4,173)

Showing posts 83,441 - 83,460 of83,860
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Disciple of Jesus

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Protestants killed Christians too.

Catholic inception was the fourth century.

Basically; Protestants were from 1500 on.

Christians were around 300 years before man created religions.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

And in what century was jesus invented?
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Protestants killed Christians too.
Catholic inception was the fourth century.
Basically; Protestants were from 1500 on.
Christians were around 300 years before man created religions.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Agreed Hitler was catholic but he led a Germany that was majority protestant.
<quoted text>
Psycho Command brain washing tricks. AKA rendering people brain dead and forcing their electrical currents into a chamber not normally opened with their own signals in that chamber first for malagenda and their death.

Hitler was in USA during Halocaust teaching at a University. Bruce Willis got a honorary Degree from the same department for Sociology.

But BRuce Willis was in his late teens in the roaring 20s. He is aroud 6 years older then my grandmother. She is in her late 80s.

BUT USA refused to let the DIE HARD exterior or JFK leave so they can command the BOMMER ppopulations. So using these 2 icons to sort of puppet so to speak.

Dad watched the DIE HARD trilogies while they were being aired. He was a teen aged boy on US Ticonderoga and they watched the movie in development via Sattelitte either in the middle of balck sea Indian ocean or in route to Japan, I forgot which. He is a old man kind of dwarf syndrome, with little legs. Usually they put in a LEGGS actor to dupe the film so it looks like a normal body. I dont know if he is still alive, the real Demi MOore would have been in her Mid-80s now or close to it.
Disciple of Jesus

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

This site is unique; a collection of folks listening the the echo of their own voice.

Never have I come across such an uneducated bunch in 60+yrs.

Little people so full of hate and ignorance; not reading of history or significant events and not knowing what scripture even is for its source. Not one earthly idea of who Jesus is.

You will know and you will believe. That is fact when you depart this life and you will die.
Disciple of Jesus

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

But to OP and topic. Catholicism is an invented religion by man in the fourth century based on the Babylonian religion. They have never been Christian for one day. They kill Christians. They have deceive folks here into making them think they represent Christians. That's their job and you folks fall prey to them.

Look at their Star ---- the Hexagram is the Star of Lucifer. Their god is STUR for the ancient Chiun language from the mystical Chaldean group of priest.

Your ignorance shows all the while they laugh at you for believing in their bunk religion enough to get sucker punched. You will die in your sin.
Disciple of Jesus

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Catholics do not represent Christians; neither do Protestants.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

jesus was just a remarketing exercise for a petulant OT god myth.
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
This site is unique; a collection of folks listening the the echo of their own voice.
Little people so full of hate and ignorance; not reading of history or significant events and not knowing what scripture even is for its source. Not one earthly idea of who Jesus is.
You will know and you will believe. That is fact when you depart this life and you will die.
wayne

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Disciple of Jesus wrote:
What have you learned in your 60 yrs? Are you catholic? if so, you are not wiser, just older. Now hobble on along and bow down befor your favorite statue and rub your beads. Explain to god why you love idols, dont worry about explaining to me.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

The 'Shwa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Hitler was a super devout Catholic. Most SS were Catholic Cardinals.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHHOHHA HAHEHEHEHEHEHEEEEEEEEE

Oh man, thank you SO much for the morning laugh. I mean there's historical revisionism but THAT little gem is a case of hysterical revisionism if I ever saw one.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Everyone wants a backdoor portal of escape "JUST IN CASE" so to keep their names in the minds of others.

But in the Bible you find many stories of Jesus Qoutes, "Why do I bother with you Humans, my father was not human, I don't know why I bother with you people." And he left.

Then you find information on who is all these people to Jesus,1st he was a flop houser, begger,vagrant, regailing all the peoples stories he met as if it were his own adventures; recieving food, and housing and clothing and a bath. Known of the supposed Authors in the bible (friend)knew him for life indefinantely. A 5 minute conversation on the phone runs transcripts in DA FILES and FBI over 5 pages long. So yes a day encounter runs detailed transcripts over 2500 plus pages in scripture. The were Killed and beheaded and ripped in half after they wrote what their journey Jesus and his conversations were.

Writing a journal of your own life and submitting it to US Ambassy and Vatican, it becomes the most valued informaiton in history for your decendents fortune or pardonence and Vatican runs a additional revised version "The Book of Jaimie" or whatever your name is. Don't lie in it. Even if your stole, lied, embessled, battery killed it al lgoes in and the trasncripts runs a computer assisted aliby for you in Supreme court, and they do a investigation on your life abuse to try to compile rehabilitation and medicine for you and your children.

My Father One of God's Military (in the bible only Veternas and warriors of GOD are saved and their children) Their children have rights to search and rescue LOST ONES but they are held soley accoutnable by GOD and counsil if they pick spouse or affiliate to save wrong.

Why does everyone slander, waste others time, and harm Target hate cirmes for getting their "OWN" scriptures done earlier in life and monthly inserts.

Because Evidence to condemn your neighbor and merchants are in it, and they go to prison and die of disease that formed overnight, NOt you, you reported to officials and were given annymonity, finance and rehabilitation.

AMEN

As the Bible said "the TRUTH will set you free"
Also indicates by Jesus" what are you looking for in the scriptures? I didn't write them. What are you looking for? Can't you just have Faith in God" "."
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

PS their are people that are paid over $160,000 a year at Unniversities to read the bible and critique it, and paraphradse to insert in societal growth or demise.

You read it for free and have no medication or rehabilitation of your own SELF manipulations of what you digested in body or mind, it becomes a control and like a possession, it is the subconscious power struggling.

Before 1970s they used to have retreat rehabilitation camp grounds, they rebuild YOU before you read the bible, things you like, good at, have capabilities of work in things with mind or assembly and find the best placement for you in life.

During this time some takes 2 weeks, some 6 months-2 years to restore.

Life rehabilitation is every 7 years so you have to reaffirm what you learned every 6 year check up. A bandaide fix is every 2 years, poor counselor.

Usually it is fasting with DR. Nun and Counselor supervision, about 2 weeks to 2 months is common. IV to rehydrate(saline drip) or drinks of Pedialyte is fine for a at home fix. Jello warm flat 7-up, a mild traq and a anti-biotic.

Hope this helps, I did the 2 week fix as a child, I ate a couple triskets with a slin slice of cheese and a minimal supply of water, then I had some eurythromysin still at hand with out expiration and I was fine for about 2 years form chatty or movement of the brain. Or sinus mucous membranes like a spider web and when snot runs threw it feels like bugs, or when your Nucleus membranes are forming this is a hysteria as well, older you get the membranes will disolve in body powdery or fluid, so brian will have to figure that out and it will run flashbacks of movies you watched and have bad dreams at night and while your awake to see what is SIMULAR so it can store informaiton YORU NOT CRAZY IT is huamn and normal brian and body movemnts and foresight and behaviors, if your uncomfortable find a mild 10 miligram prozac or valuim with your local dr. You may have to cut and paste post for them to know what your talking about. And never discuss with Nurse or desk job, DR and patient is classfied if you talk to nurse or other, they will exploit ILLEGAL Make the appt for flu or infection confirmation and discuss when your alone, "not" with the nurse.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

As we wait on GOD -

http://bible.cc/2_peter/3-15.htm

Waiting for GOD to help us is not easy, but David received four benefits from waiting:

1. GOD lifted him out of his despair,
2. GOD set his feet on solid ground,
3. GOD steadied him as he walked, and
4. GOD put a new song of praise in his mouth.

Often blessings cannot be received unless we go through the trial of waiting.-- Unknown

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/14-6.... vs 12

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/13.ht... vs 10

http://bible.cc/hebrews/10-36.htm

http://bible.cc/revelation/3-10.htm

“I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our GOD. Many will see what He has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD.”– Psalm 40:1-3
lol

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Catholics do not represent Christians; neither do Protestants.
Another one who believes only he and his beliefs are correct and everyone else is wrong. Only God knows the answer and, sorry to break it to you, but you are not God. Although, you are arrogant and prideful

Time to get over yourself.
Disciple of Jesus

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

We Baptist start with Jesus and the Apostles. One does not have to be Baptist to be saved.

Had you read what I said: Catholicism does not represent Christianity. They have killed millions of Christians. Protestants have killed Christians as well.

Many Catholics have become saved as well as Protestants. Christians follow Jesus and scriptures are their doctrine; not some feeble minded old men claiming they are god.

lol, you will believe one day when you stand before God Almighty for judgment. Your days are short.

If you're reprobate mind; you'll not know until you stand before God. Rest assured; your days are short. All you have to look forward to is death. You do not know the risen Lord Jesus Christ.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

WARNINGS

Since they refused "eyes to see...", they will be blinded: http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/16.ht... vs 10

http://niv.scripturetext.com/2_thessalonians/... last part of vs 10-12

http://bible.cc/john/8-44.htm
Disciple of Jesus

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition
2 Thess 2:1-3 (KJV) The NIV is of Roman and Gnostic sources. Can't be relied on as scripture or authentic Word of God.

Read REV 5-11 to see what is happening now and with the coming of Jesus to gather His own.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

http://bible.cc/romans/12-12.htm

http://bible.cc/2_timothy/1-7.htm

- ALSO -

WARNING - THAT "ANCIENT SERPENT" IS ON THE MOVE THROUGH HIS MINIONS
http://bible.cc/revelation/12-9.htm

Another Rothschild Comes Forward to Speak on The Economy…Is this the Hegelian Dialectic Researchers Predicted?

For years activists and researchers have been predicting that the ruling class would begin coming out of the shadows when the world was on the verge of economic collapse, to offer the preplanned solution to the problem that they themselves created....

http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/04/another-rot...

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/14-6....

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/18.ht...

“GS=The NutCase of Topixland”

Since: Sep 08

SD=Mayor of Topixland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

I actually find a lot of similarities in the hierarchy of churches between the Catholics and Born again Evangelicals...or a lot of protestant churches, too, but I'll go with Born Again evangelicals.

Now,I'm really no expert on Catholicism, so maybe a little help here and correction will help, but the born again evangelicals have a rewritten bible they must have interpreted by their ministers. The priest helps with the interpretation of the bible for Catholics.

The born again evangelical big board member head of their church or nondenominational church is a group of people not in their towns who hand down the stand the churches will take on any given subject, and the pope does the same thing for some Catholic churches.

Am I close? Am I making sense?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Cookie_Parker wrote:
I actually find a lot of similarities in the hierarchy of churches between the Catholics and Born again Evangelicals...or a lot of protestant churches, too, but I'll go with Born Again evangelicals.
Now,I'm really no expert on Catholicism, so maybe a little help here and correction will help, but the born again evangelicals have a rewritten bible they must have interpreted by their ministers. The priest helps with the interpretation of the bible for Catholics.
The born again evangelical big board member head of their church or nondenominational church is a group of people not in their towns who hand down the stand the churches will take on any given subject, and the pope does the same thing for some Catholic churches.
Am I close? Am I making sense?
The Catholic Church’s magisterium (teaching authority) is essential in Bible interpretation, plus, the Pope is infallible in the meaning of the scriptures of the Bible, and, this is the only way he is infallible.
Catholics do not independently interpret scripture. The Church, just as the Bible states, has full Authority as to the meanings of scripture.

“GS=The NutCase of Topixland”

Since: Sep 08

SD=Mayor of Topixland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church’s magisterium (teaching authority) is essential in Bible interpretation, plus, the Pope is infallible in the meaning of the scriptures of the Bible, and, this is the only way he is infallible.
Catholics do not independently interpret scripture. The Church, just as the Bible states, has full Authority as to the meanings of scripture.
Thanks, Nettie...then it IS a lot like the other churches...there are interpretations handed down from councils...and the born again evangelicals get their news from the Robertson's etc. Unless, of course, they are like people in Indian.

There was a neighbor who stopped by a few years ago stating he husband was starting a church and would we like to come. I told her no cuz my husband was agnostic and I was a buddhist. She looked at me as though I was the devil himself and RAN...I mean RAN to her house. It tickled my baptist neighbor so much, she almost peed her pants..LOL!!!

So some Born again evangelicals are started with preachermen who have no formal training, just interpret the bible as they want or hear Kevin Hagin, or Kenneth Copeland or any number of televangelists interpret it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,441 - 83,460 of83,860
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••