What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 | Posted by: Paul Zannucci | Full story: www.christianpost.com

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Comments
83,421 - 83,440 of 83,830 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2013
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85586
Jan 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Disciple of Jesus wrote:
This site is unique; a collection of folks listening the the echo of their own voice.
Never have I come across such an uneducated bunch in 60+yrs.
Little people so full of hate and ignorance; not reading of history or significant events and not knowing what scripture even is for its source. Not one earthly idea of who Jesus is.
You will know and you will believe. That is fact when you depart this life and you will die.
Everyone wants a backdoor portal of escape "JUST IN CASE" so to keep their names in the minds of others.

But in the Bible you find many stories of Jesus Qoutes, "Why do I bother with you Humans, my father was not human, I don't know why I bother with you people." And he left.

Then you find information on who is all these people to Jesus,1st he was a flop houser, begger,vagrant, regailing all the peoples stories he met as if it were his own adventures; recieving food, and housing and clothing and a bath. Known of the supposed Authors in the bible (friend)knew him for life indefinantely. A 5 minute conversation on the phone runs transcripts in DA FILES and FBI over 5 pages long. So yes a day encounter runs detailed transcripts over 2500 plus pages in scripture. The were Killed and beheaded and ripped in half after they wrote what their journey Jesus and his conversations were.

Writing a journal of your own life and submitting it to US Ambassy and Vatican, it becomes the most valued informaiton in history for your decendents fortune or pardonence and Vatican runs a additional revised version "The Book of Jaimie" or whatever your name is. Don't lie in it. Even if your stole, lied, embessled, battery killed it al lgoes in and the trasncripts runs a computer assisted aliby for you in Supreme court, and they do a investigation on your life abuse to try to compile rehabilitation and medicine for you and your children.

My Father One of God's Military (in the bible only Veternas and warriors of GOD are saved and their children) Their children have rights to search and rescue LOST ONES but they are held soley accoutnable by GOD and counsil if they pick spouse or affiliate to save wrong.

Why does everyone slander, waste others time, and harm Target hate cirmes for getting their "OWN" scriptures done earlier in life and monthly inserts.

Because Evidence to condemn your neighbor and merchants are in it, and they go to prison and die of disease that formed overnight, NOt you, you reported to officials and were given annymonity, finance and rehabilitation.

AMEN

As the Bible said "the TRUTH will set you free"
Also indicates by Jesus" what are you looking for in the scriptures? I didn't write them. What are you looking for? Can't you just have Faith in God" "."
Jaimie

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85587
Jan 3, 2013
 
PS their are people that are paid over $160,000 a year at Unniversities to read the bible and critique it, and paraphradse to insert in societal growth or demise.

You read it for free and have no medication or rehabilitation of your own SELF manipulations of what you digested in body or mind, it becomes a control and like a possession, it is the subconscious power struggling.

Before 1970s they used to have retreat rehabilitation camp grounds, they rebuild YOU before you read the bible, things you like, good at, have capabilities of work in things with mind or assembly and find the best placement for you in life.

During this time some takes 2 weeks, some 6 months-2 years to restore.

Life rehabilitation is every 7 years so you have to reaffirm what you learned every 6 year check up. A bandaide fix is every 2 years, poor counselor.

Usually it is fasting with DR. Nun and Counselor supervision, about 2 weeks to 2 months is common. IV to rehydrate(saline drip) or drinks of Pedialyte is fine for a at home fix. Jello warm flat 7-up, a mild traq and a anti-biotic.

Hope this helps, I did the 2 week fix as a child, I ate a couple triskets with a slin slice of cheese and a minimal supply of water, then I had some eurythromysin still at hand with out expiration and I was fine for about 2 years form chatty or movement of the brain. Or sinus mucous membranes like a spider web and when snot runs threw it feels like bugs, or when your Nucleus membranes are forming this is a hysteria as well, older you get the membranes will disolve in body powdery or fluid, so brian will have to figure that out and it will run flashbacks of movies you watched and have bad dreams at night and while your awake to see what is SIMULAR so it can store informaiton YORU NOT CRAZY IT is huamn and normal brian and body movemnts and foresight and behaviors, if your uncomfortable find a mild 10 miligram prozac or valuim with your local dr. You may have to cut and paste post for them to know what your talking about. And never discuss with Nurse or desk job, DR and patient is classfied if you talk to nurse or other, they will exploit ILLEGAL Make the appt for flu or infection confirmation and discuss when your alone, "not" with the nurse.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85588
Jan 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

As we wait on GOD -

http://bible.cc/2_peter/3-15.htm

Waiting for GOD to help us is not easy, but David received four benefits from waiting:

1. GOD lifted him out of his despair,
2. GOD set his feet on solid ground,
3. GOD steadied him as he walked, and
4. GOD put a new song of praise in his mouth.

Often blessings cannot be received unless we go through the trial of waiting.-- Unknown

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/14-6.... vs 12

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/13.ht... vs 10

http://bible.cc/hebrews/10-36.htm

http://bible.cc/revelation/3-10.htm


“I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our GOD. Many will see what He has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD.”– Psalm 40:1-3
lol

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85589
Jan 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Catholics do not represent Christians; neither do Protestants.
Another one who believes only he and his beliefs are correct and everyone else is wrong. Only God knows the answer and, sorry to break it to you, but you are not God. Although, you are arrogant and prideful

Time to get over yourself.
Disciple of Jesus

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85590
Jan 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

We Baptist start with Jesus and the Apostles. One does not have to be Baptist to be saved.

Had you read what I said: Catholicism does not represent Christianity. They have killed millions of Christians. Protestants have killed Christians as well.

Many Catholics have become saved as well as Protestants. Christians follow Jesus and scriptures are their doctrine; not some feeble minded old men claiming they are god.

lol, you will believe one day when you stand before God Almighty for judgment. Your days are short.

If you're reprobate mind; you'll not know until you stand before God. Rest assured; your days are short. All you have to look forward to is death. You do not know the risen Lord Jesus Christ.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85591
Jan 3, 2013
 
WARNINGS

Since they refused "eyes to see...", they will be blinded: http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/16.ht... vs 10

http://niv.scripturetext.com/2_thessalonians/... last part of vs 10-12

http://bible.cc/john/8-44.htm
Disciple of Jesus

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85592
Jan 4, 2013
 
Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition
2 Thess 2:1-3 (KJV) The NIV is of Roman and Gnostic sources. Can't be relied on as scripture or authentic Word of God.

Read REV 5-11 to see what is happening now and with the coming of Jesus to gather His own.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85593
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

http://bible.cc/romans/12-12.htm

http://bible.cc/2_timothy/1-7.htm

- ALSO -

WARNING - THAT "ANCIENT SERPENT" IS ON THE MOVE THROUGH HIS MINIONS
http://bible.cc/revelation/12-9.htm

Another Rothschild Comes Forward to Speak on The Economy…Is this the Hegelian Dialectic Researchers Predicted?

For years activists and researchers have been predicting that the ruling class would begin coming out of the shadows when the world was on the verge of economic collapse, to offer the preplanned solution to the problem that they themselves created....

http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/04/another-rot...

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/14-6....

http://niv.scripturetext.com/revelation/18.ht...

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85594
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I actually find a lot of similarities in the hierarchy of churches between the Catholics and Born again Evangelicals...or a lot of protestant churches, too, but I'll go with Born Again evangelicals.

Now,I'm really no expert on Catholicism, so maybe a little help here and correction will help, but the born again evangelicals have a rewritten bible they must have interpreted by their ministers. The priest helps with the interpretation of the bible for Catholics.

The born again evangelical big board member head of their church or nondenominational church is a group of people not in their towns who hand down the stand the churches will take on any given subject, and the pope does the same thing for some Catholic churches.

Am I close? Am I making sense?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85596
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cookie_Parker wrote:
I actually find a lot of similarities in the hierarchy of churches between the Catholics and Born again Evangelicals...or a lot of protestant churches, too, but I'll go with Born Again evangelicals.
Now,I'm really no expert on Catholicism, so maybe a little help here and correction will help, but the born again evangelicals have a rewritten bible they must have interpreted by their ministers. The priest helps with the interpretation of the bible for Catholics.
The born again evangelical big board member head of their church or nondenominational church is a group of people not in their towns who hand down the stand the churches will take on any given subject, and the pope does the same thing for some Catholic churches.
Am I close? Am I making sense?
The Catholic Church’s magisterium (teaching authority) is essential in Bible interpretation, plus, the Pope is infallible in the meaning of the scriptures of the Bible, and, this is the only way he is infallible.
Catholics do not independently interpret scripture. The Church, just as the Bible states, has full Authority as to the meanings of scripture.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85597
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church’s magisterium (teaching authority) is essential in Bible interpretation, plus, the Pope is infallible in the meaning of the scriptures of the Bible, and, this is the only way he is infallible.
Catholics do not independently interpret scripture. The Church, just as the Bible states, has full Authority as to the meanings of scripture.
Thanks, Nettie...then it IS a lot like the other churches...there are interpretations handed down from councils...and the born again evangelicals get their news from the Robertson's etc. Unless, of course, they are like people in Indian.

There was a neighbor who stopped by a few years ago stating he husband was starting a church and would we like to come. I told her no cuz my husband was agnostic and I was a buddhist. She looked at me as though I was the devil himself and RAN...I mean RAN to her house. It tickled my baptist neighbor so much, she almost peed her pants..LOL!!!

So some Born again evangelicals are started with preachermen who have no formal training, just interpret the bible as they want or hear Kevin Hagin, or Kenneth Copeland or any number of televangelists interpret it.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85598
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Nettie...then it IS a lot like the other churches...there are interpretations handed down from councils...and the born again evangelicals get their news from the Robertson's etc. Unless, of course, they are like people in Indian.
There was a neighbor who stopped by a few years ago stating he husband was starting a church and would we like to come. I told her no cuz my husband was agnostic and I was a buddhist. She looked at me as though I was the devil himself and RAN...I mean RAN to her house. It tickled my baptist neighbor so much, she almost peed her pants..LOL!!!
So some Born again evangelicals are started with preachermen who have no formal training, just interpret the bible as they want or hear Kevin Hagin, or Kenneth Copeland or any number of televangelists interpret it.
I have had folks from different churches come to my door, and one time Jehovah's Witnesses came by.(I have Rosary beads hanging in plain view from the open front door on a mirror, some one of my kids made in grad school).
As soon as my Rosary is spotted, a change happens, shifting of the feet, mumbling, and rapidly turns to 'well, see ya'.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85599
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Nettie...then it IS a lot like the other churches...there are interpretations handed down from councils...and the born again evangelicals get their news from the Robertson's etc. Unless, of course, they are like people in Indian.
There was a neighbor who stopped by a few years ago stating he husband was starting a church and would we like to come. I told her no cuz my husband was agnostic and I was a buddhist. She looked at me as though I was the devil himself and RAN...I mean RAN to her house. It tickled my baptist neighbor so much, she almost peed her pants..LOL!!!
So some Born again evangelicals are started with preachermen who have no formal training, just interpret the bible as they want or hear Kevin Hagin, or Kenneth Copeland or any number of televangelists interpret it.
You know I was raised as a Southern Baptist.....
In church and Sunday School also, we were mostly taught what to believe.
Sure, we read our Bibles too, but we were, more or less, instructed as to what to believe....what the Southern Baptists believe.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85600
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>I have had folks from different churches come to my door, and one time Jehovah's Witnesses came by.(I have Rosary beads hanging in plain view from the open front door on a mirror, some one of my kids made in grad school).
As soon as my Rosary is spotted, a change happens, shifting of the feet, mumbling, and rapidly turns to 'well, see ya'.
LOL!!! We lived in a house that had 9 Lutheran Children and next door were 8 Catholic Children...made for interesting discussions, but we were all buddies.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85601
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>You know I was raised as a Southern Baptist.....
In church and Sunday School also, we were mostly taught what to believe.
Sure, we read our Bibles too, but we were, more or less, instructed as to what to believe....what the Southern Baptists believe.
Exactly. And we had a more liberal view of Christ in the American Lutheran Church..realistic, i guess. We were to love others as ourselves and save the judgment for God. We were to care for those who were poor, sick and disabled. It was a powerful message I still carry with me.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85602
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>You know I was raised as a Southern Baptist.....
In church and Sunday School also, we were mostly taught what to believe.
Sure, we read our Bibles too, but we were, more or less, instructed as to what to believe....what the Southern Baptists believe.
You know, one of my best friends in schools was a Baptist..not southern, but Baptist. She was the most kind and loving person in our school. I guess they got evangelized, too. Cuz now, I don't find any of the baptists kind or loving..wait..I don't know that many, so that's not a fair assessment at all.
Sheik Yerbouti

Chalfont, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85603
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Protestants believe that god can be approached directly while catholics believe that god must be approached via the clergy. Either way they are just bronze age myths.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85604
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Protestants believe that god can be approached directly while catholics believe that god must be approached via the clergy. Either way they are just bronze age myths.
Great Googaly Moogaly!

Mythy Slime!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85605
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

The Roman Catholic Church is leading millions upon millions of people straight to the pit of Hell with their false damnable doctrines.

Any saved RCC member reading my post knows what I say is the truth. Please leave the Harlot church and come join a good old fashioned bible believing church, we'd love to have you. Catholics are always welcomed at our bible believing churches, we only have a problem with the false doctrines that your popes and other leaders brought in.

The ONLY way into Heaven is through Jesus Christ! No pope, priest, baby baptism, church membership, good works, prayer to saints, Mary, etc etc etc can save you. Salvation is a free gift from God. Ye must be born again!!!!

==========
John 3:3- Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
==========
John 14:6- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
==========
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
==========
Romans 3:23- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23- For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:8- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:13-For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:9- That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85606
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

continued.....
==========
1 Timothy 1:15- This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

2 Corinthians 5:21- For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

Colossians 1:14- In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
==========
Paul and Silas in prison, Jailer gets saved
Acts 16:25-33

25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.

28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••