What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 | Posted by: Paul Zannucci | Full story: www.christianpost.com

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Comments
83,361 - 83,380 of 83,830 Comments Last updated Sep 29, 2013
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Call me what you will and say what you want about me, but if you're an example of your candidate, then I pray he never becomes a government official!
Based on your attitude alone and taking into account the saying, "Birds of a feather flock together," I could only assume that this Ron Paul character would only assist in deteriorating whatever moral fabric is left of our nation, considering that even you refuse to merely show respect to others and their opinions and/or beliefs. If you campaigned for this Ron Paul character professionally, I'm sure you'd be fired.
I will admit this, though. If this Ron Paul character thinks, acts, reacts, and speaks, anything like you do, I'd love to watch him in a legitimate, political debate!
Have a wonderful day.
Your post is garbage!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
If you speak for Atheists and Catholics and they speak for each other, well, validates my accusations.
You don't know God and hate those who do. You embrace Atheism and Catholicism. You are obviously DEMON possesed.
God is love! God is NOT hate! Anyone that advocates persecution and violence is NOT a moral person at all! God does NOT change at all!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sick person. Projecting all your ills on to CHristians!!
I don't think at all like you project.. One of America's greatest ills is spoiled brats like you. If you were my kid, you would be pulling your own weight. You telling any one anything is a complete joke. A man your age who has not and does not work yet thinks himself wise enough to box others(stereo type) who do have productive lives. You have no clue about the world while living off your parents. You are one Sick Pup. Apparently most of Pauls' supporters were enitled nerds that still suck off their hosts.
You have yourself on some pedestal but can't even pay your own food bills. Get a grip brat man.
This post only further validates how stupid you are and that years were wasted attempting your education.
You are ignorant, angry and stupid. Sure a lot for the NWO to brag of.
I speak for Ron Paul and all of his supporters as well! I speak for all of the Atheists and all of the Catholics as well!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul 2012 is a spoiled idiot brat that needs a shovel taken to him.
You have nothing so you repeat it over and over trying to make it something. You are an idiot. Shovel Time!
You will NEVER find me! Bastard!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul 2012 is a spoiled idiot brat that needs a shovel taken to him.
You have nothing so you repeat it over and over trying to make it something. You are an idiot. Shovel Time!
You will NEVER find me you bastard!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
"we" as in you and your parasitical demons? Or "we" as in all that don't want or accept God's ways?? Or, are you merely referring to you and the mouse in your pen protector? Do clear this up.
Stop siding with all of these Born Again Christian Fanatics! You are NOT help with our country and our economy at all!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
"we" as in you and your parasitical demons? Or "we" as in all that don't want or accept God's ways?? Or, are you merely referring to you and the mouse in your pen protector? Do clear this up.
Stop siding with all of these Born Again Christian Fanatics! You are NOT helping with our country and our economy at all!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop siding with all of these Born Again Christian Fanatics! You are NOT help our country and our economy at all!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop siding with all of these Born Again Christian Fanatics! You are NOT helping our country and our economy at all!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
To sum it up for your IQ: Provide links to where I claimed these things or live with being called the Liar you are.
Your post is garbage!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sick person. Projecting all your ills on to CHristians!!
I don't think at all like you project.. One of America's greatest ills is spoiled brats like you. If you were my kid, you would be pulling your own weight. You telling any one anything is a complete joke. A man your age who has not and does not work yet thinks himself wise enough to box others(stereo type) who do have productive lives. You have no clue about the world while living off your parents. You are one Sick Pup. Apparently most of Pauls' supporters were enitled nerds that still suck off their hosts.
You have yourself on some pedestal but can't even pay your own food bills. Get a grip brat man.
This post only further validates how stupid you are and that years were wasted attempting your education.
You are ignorant, angry and stupid. Sure a lot for the NWO to brag of.
Another Johnny Come Lately!

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Ron Paul 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Johnny Come Lately!
I hear your mommy calling. Throwing tantrums only shows how correct I am. You really are a dufus. Or DOrk. Or DOrkus Malorkis in Latin.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with your interpretations. I could say as well that you don't understand what you read. As far as your advice, don't think that is Scriptural either.
I am not contesting your statements about the Sabbath. Again, me thinks you need help deciphering.
Not all come from Catholic roots. The CHurch was here long before Catholicism picked up and twisted the Word.
WWhere do you put yourself in this maze? The only cult with the truth?
Nothing comes from Catholic ROOTS.
Catholicism is a BRANCH upon a much larger Tree.

Protestants are a Branch upon the Catholic branch.

I do not know if you have the ability to Picture a Tree in your mind, but a large Tree has many main Branches that come out of its trunk, these large/main branches have many smaller branches coming out of them.

It is possible on ONE BRANCH of a tree to have Lemons, Oranges, Grapefruit, Limes, Tangerines and probably a few I missed.
Although each of these will be on their own Separate branch, they will also be upon the same branch.

This is how it is with Protestants and Catholics.
The Branch as it comes off of the Tree of Religions of the World is the teachings of Paul, which has little branches but the Main Branch of the teachings of Paul becomes Catholicism. This is a very large Branch and has Many smaller Branches coming off of it.
One of these smaller branches that come off of the Branch of Catholicism is the Protestants.

The Roots are a LONG way back down the Tree.
The Catholics claim all Christians that worship upon Sunday as their Children (branches of their Limb), as they (the Catholic Church) claim to have Made Sunday as the day of Worship, They back this up with documents and Laws that they enacted declaring the first day of the Week (Sunday) to be the sabbath as the Mark of their Authority upon the earth, proving that they(the catholic Church) is god upon the earth, able to change what GOD created at the Creation.
They actually say these things,
They do not HIDE that they made Sunday the Sabbath, they CLAIM IT as the mark of their Authority, and claim all that worship upon Sunday as their Children, daughters, or smaller limbs upon their Branch.

A large Branch of a tree that comes out of the Trunk has many other Branches that come out of it.

This is what Protestant is as compared to Catholic.
A Smaller branch that comes from the larger.

Something you can not even Begin to understand is the TREE that has its roots in GOD has at minimum 12 MAIN Branches, Catholicism is but ONE MAIN BRANCH. There are 11 other MAIN BRANCHES.

Your tree of Life/Religion does not have Branches I think. If you were to Draw GOD as the Roots of A tree, and Jesus as the Trunk, and your religion as the branch your Tree would not look very much like a tree at all.

Try it, Draw a Tree with GOD as the Roots and Jesus as the Trunk.
It sometimes help to look at a picture instead of Words.

Draw a Tree, GOD is the Roots, and Christ is the trunk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

I live in Washington State.

I just walked to the Store on my way through the parking lot I see a Cigar wrapper, the plastic end of a Cigar and a Pile of Tobacco,

Someone just rolled a blunt.

And I think to myself except for the Litter and maybe they drove under the influence,

Rolling blunts is Legal.
lol :)
And I do not smoke pot Anymore.

Rolling a Blunt sitting in your car is LEGAL in Washington State, as long as you do not Drive Under the Influence.
:)

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

the perfect idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing comes from Catholic ROOTS.
Catholicism is a BRANCH upon a much larger Tree.
Protestants are a Branch upon the Catholic branch.
I do not know if you have the ability to Picture a Tree in your mind, but a large Tree has many main Branches that come out of its trunk, these large/main branches have many smaller branches coming out of them.
It is possible on ONE BRANCH of a tree to have Lemons, Oranges, Grapefruit, Limes, Tangerines and probably a few I missed.
Although each of these will be on their own Separate branch, they will also be upon the same branch.
This is how it is with Protestants and Catholics.
The Branch as it comes off of the Tree of Religions of the World is the teachings of Paul, which has little branches but the Main Branch of the teachings of Paul becomes Catholicism. This is a very large Branch and has Many smaller Branches coming off of it.
One of these smaller branches that come off of the Branch of Catholicism is the Protestants.
The Roots are a LONG way back down the Tree.
The Catholics claim all Christians that worship upon Sunday as their Children (branches of their Limb), as they (the Catholic Church) claim to have Made Sunday as the day of Worship, They back this up with documents and Laws that they enacted declaring the first day of the Week (Sunday) to be the sabbath as the Mark of their Authority upon the earth, proving that they(the catholic Church) is god upon the earth, able to change what GOD created at the Creation.
They actually say these things,
They do not HIDE that they made Sunday the Sabbath, they CLAIM IT as the mark of their Authority, and claim all that worship upon Sunday as their Children, daughters, or smaller limbs upon their Branch.
A large Branch of a tree that comes out of the Trunk has many other Branches that come out of it.
This is what Protestant is as compared to Catholic.
A Smaller branch that comes from the larger.
Something you can not even Begin to understand is the TREE that has its roots in GOD has at minimum 12 MAIN Branches, Catholicism is but ONE MAIN BRANCH. There are 11 other MAIN BRANCHES.
Your tree of Life/Religion does not have Branches I think. If you were to Draw GOD as the Roots of A tree, and Jesus as the Trunk, and your religion as the branch your Tree would not look very much like a tree at all.
Try it, Draw a Tree with GOD as the Roots and Jesus as the Trunk.
It sometimes help to look at a picture instead of Words.
Draw a Tree, GOD is the Roots, and Christ is the trunk.
I get your analogy already. I just don't think it works. I don't consider myself religious. I consider myself a Gentile grafted in to an already existing branch of Christ. Hope that helps.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

the perfect idiot wrote:
I live in Washington State.
I just walked to the Store on my way through the parking lot I see a Cigar wrapper, the plastic end of a Cigar and a Pile of Tobacco,
Someone just rolled a blunt.
And I think to myself except for the Litter and maybe they drove under the influence,
Rolling blunts is Legal.
lol :)
And I do not smoke pot Anymore.
Rolling a Blunt sitting in your car is LEGAL in Washington State, as long as you do not Drive Under the Influence.
:)
Makes me curious- how are they selling recreational Pot anyways?
Not that I am looking, far too far away. lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
They State says the Devils in the Details, they do not know.

It is Illegal to sell.
It is legal to have up to an once.

We already have a somewhat good Medicinal Program.

But they can not be within 1,000 feet of this and that and other etc. so when the Map is put upon a wall and the restrictions of a 1,000 feet are put up (they showed this on the News) their is the whole map covered by the blue, red and yellow dots you can not be within a 1,000 feet of, and little pockets of white that are not touched by restrictions.

At this point it is Illegal to Sell pot because the State has not set up How it can be Sold/Taxed.

At this point in the show though I am pretty sure people that smoke Pot, have some way of getting it, which to sell is Illegal as the Tax to the State has not come in yet.
That is why it is Illegal to sell The TAX Structure has not been set up.

But Having up to 1 OZ of Pot is LEGAL, not it is Medical Marijuana you can Argue it in court.

IT IS LEGAL to have 1 OUNCE of POT.

The selling of it they need to figure out how to tax it.

People that use pot are no longer criminals.

As far as your question,

They do not know how to tax it, so at this time it is illegal to sell.

Like I said the devil is in the details.
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear your mommy calling. Throwing tantrums only shows how correct I am. You really are a dufus. Or DOrk. Or DOrkus Malorkis in Latin.
Another Born Again Christian Fanatic!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalizing and decriminalizing drugs and marijuana would put an end to all of these drug wars for good and forever!!

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

the perfect idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
They State says the Devils in the Details, they do not know.
It is Illegal to sell.
It is legal to have up to an once.
We already have a somewhat good Medicinal Program.
But they can not be within 1,000 feet of this and that and other etc. so when the Map is put upon a wall and the restrictions of a 1,000 feet are put up (they showed this on the News) their is the whole map covered by the blue, red and yellow dots you can not be within a 1,000 feet of, and little pockets of white that are not touched by restrictions.
At this point it is Illegal to Sell pot because the State has not set up How it can be Sold/Taxed.
At this point in the show though I am pretty sure people that smoke Pot, have some way of getting it, which to sell is Illegal as the Tax to the State has not come in yet.
That is why it is Illegal to sell The TAX Structure has not been set up.
But Having up to 1 OZ of Pot is LEGAL, not it is Medical Marijuana you can Argue it in court.
IT IS LEGAL to have 1 OUNCE of POT.
The selling of it they need to figure out how to tax it.
People that use pot are no longer criminals.
As far as your question,
They do not know how to tax it, so at this time it is illegal to sell.
Like I said the devil is in the details.
Ok, wow, thx..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••