What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 Full story: www.christianpost.com 83,891

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#85416 Dec 5, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Insane rant.
Amen....
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#85417 Dec 5, 2012
You people crack me up. This should've been called the "let's bash Catholics" thread.

And no one I know has EVER called the pope by Gods name. Do you even know what Gods name IS???

I'm thinking you do NOT know what God gave as His name. Because IF you knew, you'd know the pope nor any priests have EVER been called by the name of God.

Although everyone calls God "God" that is not his name, that is what He IS. The one and only God.

I think all people should be very careful when saying God's "name" because one could pay severe consequences for stating his name in a manner not equal to His Glory and Majesty.

You really should look up Gods name since you do NOT seem to know it.
Thinking

UK

#85418 Dec 5, 2012
It's Barry.
Enigma wrote:
You people crack me up. This should've been called the "let's bash Catholics" thread.
And no one I know has EVER called the pope by Gods name. Do you even know what Gods name IS???
I'm thinking you do NOT know what God gave as His name. Because IF you knew, you'd know the pope nor any priests have EVER been called by the name of God.
Although everyone calls God "God" that is not his name, that is what He IS. The one and only God.
I think all people should be very careful when saying God's "name" because one could pay severe consequences for stating his name in a manner not equal to His Glory and Majesty.
You really should look up Gods name since you do NOT seem to know it.
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#85419 Dec 5, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
406 396
<quoted text>
This is not a vilification against God....it is not evil speaking nor railing. It is truth: Christ referred to God the Father as Holy Father. It is blasphemy to call the pope or any other man by God's name.
Is your fathers name "Father"? I don't think so. Nor is it God's name. It is His position. Father of ALL the world and every thing of creation.

The word Father would have the same meaning as "papa" or "dad" or "pa". It is a term used to connote a man who has fathered a child or the head of a family.

According to your thinking and statement, anyone who calls their own father, their father is guilty of blasphemy. LOL

You also clearly do Not know what the bible regards as Blasphemy.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#85420 Dec 5, 2012
Robert C. Mickens, Vatican correspondent and columnist for "The Tablet," speaks about The Vatican's implosion and what it means for American Catholics. City Club of Cleveland.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#85421 Dec 5, 2012
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>Is your fathers name "Father"? I don't think so. Nor is it God's name. It is His position. Father of ALL the world and every thing of creation.
The word Father would have the same meaning as "papa" or "dad" or "pa". It is a term used to connote a man who has fathered a child or the head of a family.
According to your thinking and statement, anyone who calls their own father, their father is guilty of blasphemy. LOL
You also clearly do Not know what the bible regards as Blasphemy.
If Christ did not call God Holy Father...what did He call him???

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Thinking

UK

#85422 Dec 5, 2012
A taxi.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If Christ did not call God Holy Father...what did He call him???
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85423 Dec 5, 2012
All of you Born Again Christian fanatics should burn in hell for supporting this child's death!: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/rode...
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85424 Dec 5, 2012
All of you Born Again Christian fanatics should burn in hell for supporting that child's death!: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/rode...
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85425 Dec 5, 2012
Born Again Christianity is a controlled opposition run by the neoconservatives!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85426 Dec 5, 2012
Born Again Christianity is a controlled opposition run by the government!

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#85427 Dec 5, 2012
Ron Paul 2016 wrote:
All of you Born Again Christian fanatics should burn in hell for supporting this child's death!: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/rode...
Idiotic rant. You must be responsible for all the suicide bombings.
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85428 Dec 5, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Libelous statement!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85429 Dec 5, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiotic response!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85430 Dec 5, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Libelous response!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85431 Dec 5, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiotic statement!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85432 Dec 5, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
You should apologize for making an outrageous statement against me without ever having a solid evidence first hand! Your libelous comments are NOT covered by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution at all!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85433 Dec 5, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to apologize for making an outrageous statement against me without ever having a solid evidence first hand! Your libelous comments are NOT covered by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution at all!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85434 Dec 5, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an embarrassment to the entire world! You ought to apologize for the outrageous statement against me without solid evidence! That was a deliberate attack against a Ron Paul supporter!
Ron Paul 2016

Reno, NV

#85435 Dec 5, 2012
All of you Born Again Christian fanatics would burn in hell for supporting this child's death!: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/rode...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Estelle 559,059
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 4 hr Doc Caliban 7
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Married in 8,689
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web