What Divides Catholics and Protestants?

Apr 19, 2008 Full story: www.christianpost.com 83,830

As Pope Benedict XVI continues with his highly publicized visit to the United States, some may wonder what the major differences are between Catholicism and Protestantism - the two main Christian bodies in the ...

Full Story
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#85294 Nov 20, 2012
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you who needs to go and see a doctor Jaimie, if your rambling mess of a post is anything to go by! Perhaps I am being too harsh, maybe English is not your first language.
AH huh HATE CRIME FROM IRELAND BECASUE ELTON JOHNS friend from British delegates is takin gover papers to retrieve my families lands in Ireland Arne Cristofersen (sp) My greatest Grandaddy was GOD damn you Paul Olsen He owns it all Hyde Mill Hyde Cememtary unlawfully left OUR HANDS BY KING PHILLUPS DECREE Elton Johns firend is going to be my delegate authority since I have a TBI to be protective power of Attorney.

YOUR SCARED

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#85295 Nov 20, 2012
Jaimie wrote:
<quoted text>
AH huh HATE CRIME FROM IRELAND BECASUE ELTON JOHNS friend from British delegates is takin gover papers to retrieve my families lands in Ireland Arne Cristofersen (sp) My greatest Grandaddy was GOD damn you Paul Olsen He owns it all Hyde Mill Hyde Cememtary unlawfully left OUR HANDS BY KING PHILLUPS DECREE Elton Johns firend is going to be my delegate authority since I have a TBI to be protective power of Attorney.
YOUR SCARED
It's not my scared it's your scared.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85296 Nov 20, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a stupid glob of creation.....unfortunately, we have to put up with your ignorance. You are truly stupid..MATHEW 7:13...I dare you to read it.

US 62 @ US 81

#85297 Nov 20, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
You are a stupid glob of creation.....unfortunately, we have to put up with your ignorance. You are truly stupid..MATHEW 7:13...I dare you to read it.
You remind me of something I stepped in once. Now I remember it was doggy doo.

US 62 @ US 81

#85298 Nov 20, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
I like how Bible haters like to puke random scripture at Christians.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#85299 Nov 20, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how Bible haters like to puke random scripture at Christians.
Oh come on.......
How many Christian posters do just that.
Jaimie

Madison, WI

#85300 Nov 21, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't typing to you...

Ireland has several property lands that was of my family, Inlaws and siblings reside on it. Elton John had a Friend at Concourse Hotel in MAd. Wisc several years back, we had a lovely chat of International Litigations in those towns. Beheading is the cirme of residing on land and not paying rent to the blood line decendents.

My USA lands of decendetry is fraudulantly left our hands, Law is Only residents are to be living decndents of the land, Then the PRoerpty goes back to ROYAL houses in Britain And France who privilaged us, KING OR QUEEN of seat, They gave us the land. At which point our Cousins of the closest in line to us in their nations are privilaged to all our land entitlements, By King Phillup and other. ANd usa Military has to relocate all those people homesteading on our lands reimburse the family blood line of all back rent and either they go to consentration camps of 400 sq foot per person or another land in a city that was not seized for unlawful occupancies.

Since I am one women and own 70% of WISCONSIN legally Elton Frined asked if he can represent me to the societies for reseizures of estates, I said sure, But I want a couple acres for me and my daughters in several locations of state so we can sno bird to treasure hunts and exploraitons He agreed. Each rock must be identified for the piece of shit it is and which beast it was fossilized off of, old morphine extract, tranq, disease viral or cure and seeds qualities to revegatate the land.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#85301 Nov 21, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
FREAKSHOW.ECC. 9:5, 10 Dead cannot be tortured forever..Ps. 146:4..Ps. 31:17..Ezk. 4:20..The dead are dead..look in a dictionary...dead is dead. Gehenna is a dump outside Jerusalem...it ONLY symbolizes complete death. A God who would burn people FOREVER...imperfect people YET...is worse than a serial killer today...God is the instigator of the INQUISITION????....CRUSADES??? ...Look at the history of your GOD!!...False religion teaches this crap from Babylon. It's paganism that Constantine combined into the dogma of crap. You Freakshows don't know God. Not even His name...You Tools should change your handle on this site to MAN...no name, just MAN. The same thinking is what you so-called christians use in indentifying who God..WHICH ONE?..is. Falsehoods abound...Who do you serve?...Rev. 12:9...2 Corinthians 4:4...I DARE YOU TO READ THESE SCRIPTURES THAT YOU OMIT IN YOUR MISLED LIVES...TJ
sweet compassion.
you claimed that Christ never taught or spoke about hell, you were wrong. he was quite explicit about hell so now you throw this up?

Ecc chapter nine is about how what we are going to do in this life we better do now because "For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion."
"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
the dead can't do anything more. the evil man can not do evil anymore and he is forgotten by the living.
" their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun."
his advice to the living; "Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.
8 Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.
9 Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.
10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;" because when you are dead; "there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave,"

really has nothing to do with the existence of hell.

Psalm 146 also is an exhortation to the living to praise the Lord while you can; "Praise ye the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul.
2 While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help."
because when you are dead your opportunity is gone; "His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish."
Psalm 31:17 simply asks God to silence the wicked and dead men are silenced.
17 "Let me not be ashamed, O Lord; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous."

there is no Ezk. 4:20...

Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."
Revelation 20:10 " And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
vs 13 "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

apparently dead isn't dead. you need to rethink your definition of dead.
"14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

US 62 @ US 81

#85302 Nov 21, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Oh come on.......
How many Christian posters do just that.
Christians know what the scriptures mean and believe them. Atheists don't believe the scriptures so it has no meaning when they post them.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#85303 Nov 21, 2012
CATHOLIC TRADITION - Call priests father, e.g., Father McKinley.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS -

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Forbidding the priesthood to marry.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS -

1) It is a doctrine of devils to forbid God's people to marry.

1 Timothy
4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, GIVING HEED TO seducing spirits, and DOCTRINES OF DEVILS;
4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
4:3 FORBIDDING TO MARRY, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

2) Peter was married (remember the pope is supposedly continuing the apostolic line through Peter).

Matthew
8:14 And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

Mark
1:30 But Simon's wife's mother lay sick of a fever, and anon they tell him of her.

Luke
4:38 And he arose out of the synagogue, and entered into Simon's house. And Simon's wife's mother was taken with a great fever; and they besought him for her.

3) Paul, a great apostle, remained single; however he made it very clear that he could marry if he wanted to.

1 Corinthians
9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#85304 Nov 21, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians know what the scriptures mean and believe them. Atheists don't believe the scriptures so it has no meaning when they post them.
Trouble is that many Christians cherry pick scripture in hopes it supports their own personal take on the Bible.
lol

US 62 @ US 81

#85305 Nov 21, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Trouble is that many Christians cherry pick scripture in hopes it supports their own personal take on the Bible.
lol
Then someone knowledgeable should call them on it.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#85306 Nov 21, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
Then someone knowledgeable should call them on it.
lol
Then, I have noted that you agree with me.

US 62 @ US 81

#85307 Nov 21, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>lol
Then, I have noted that you agree with me.
If anyone is observed cherry picking scripture hoping it supports their own personal take on the Bible, then someone knowledgeable should call them on it.

Location hidden

#85308 Nov 21, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone is observed cherry picking scripture hoping it supports their own personal take on the Bible, then someone knowledgeable should call them on it.
Just curious...give an example of which you speak....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85309 Nov 21, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a FREAKSHOW....a stupid TOOL....get out of here.....you confuse the format....FREAKSHOW....try scabble...cards....dice...

US 62 @ US 81

#85310 Nov 22, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a FREAKSHOW....a stupid TOOL....get out of here.....you confuse the format....FREAKSHOW....try scabble...cards....dice...
Pro 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

US 62 @ US 81

#85311 Nov 22, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious...give an example of which you speak....
I'm not the one who made the accusation you would have to ask Nettie. Here is what she said, which I was challenging. That is why I said "If."
Nettiebelle wrote:
Trouble is that many Christians cherry pick scripture in hopes it supports their own personal take on the Bible.
lol

Location hidden

#85312 Nov 22, 2012
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who made the accusation you would have to ask Nettie. Here is what she said, which I was challenging. That is why I said "If."
<quoted text>
Not so...

Nettiebelle wrote: Then, I have noted that you agree with me.

You said: If anyone is observed cherry picking scripture hoping it supports their own personal take on the Bible, then someone knowledgeable should call them on it.

I said to you: Just curious...give an example of which you speak....

US 62 @ US 81

#85313 Nov 22, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so...
Nettiebelle wrote: Then, I have noted that you agree with me.
You said: If anyone is observed cherry picking scripture hoping it supports their own personal take on the Bible, then someone knowledgeable should call them on it.
I said to you: Just curious...give an example of which you speak....
Read what you have posted. Note I said "If anyone is observed..." I did not say people were cherry picking scripture I said "If." I don't feel any need to provide an example of "If" something happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 554,488
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Cultastic 8,643
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' 5 hr RevKen 2
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Fri KidlatNgayon 65
Obama a hugely impresseda with Pope Francis (Oct '13) Nov 19 truthseeker7 3
Pope Francis' visit to Palestinian refugee camp... (May '14) Nov 19 truthseeker7 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Nov 18 QUITTNER Nov19 2014 26

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE