Did the Pope (John Paul II) REALLY kiss the Koran?

Dec 13, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

I pray I haven't been guilty of the sin of calumny against a pope! In several Free Republic threads over the years I took as an accepted fact that the Pope kissed the Koran, and in several, commented that the Pope had erred on the side of peacemaking, by making this unscripted gesture of respect.

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2011

Judged:

Yes he did, and was also photogged doing so.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Judged:

It was a gift. Muslims kiss gifts. the pontiff was just imitating that respectfully.
Pax et Bonum

Atwater, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2011

Pope John Paul II also had the habit of kissing the ground when he would exit the plane on a visit to the many countries he visited.
The Oracle

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

As long as he limits the objects of his kissing habit to inanimate objects and not to little boys like so many of his priests do, why should we worry?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

The Oracle wrote:
As long as he limits the objects of his kissing habit to inanimate objects and not to little boys like so many of his priests do, why should we worry?
he's dead
The Oracle

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

TheJazuma wrote:
<quoted text>
he's dead

Sure, John Paul 11 is dead, but his dubious successor isn't, and he's the current Catholic kisser.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, John Paul 11 is dead, but his dubious successor isn't, and he's the current Catholic kisser.
everyone kisses not just Catholics, your comments are getting more and more bizarre...
The Oracle

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

TheJazuma wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone kisses not just Catholics, your comments are getting more and more bizarre...

Everyone doesn't kiss inanimate objects e.g. the ground, the Koran etc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone doesn't kiss inanimate objects e.g. the ground, the Koran etc.
You don't kiss a picture of a deceased family member that you LOVED with your whole HEART? You don't smell your girlfriend's panties? Seriously, if you're going to troll, do a better job, please.
needenterheaven7

Sharjah, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

Judged:

Praise be GOD. at least the Pope died as a MUSLIM(following the will of the Almighty). Surely he's straight to Paradise on the day of resurrection.
Woogie

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

needenterheaven7 wrote:
Praise be GOD. at least the Pope died as a MUSLIM (following the will of the Almighty).
Surely he's straight to Paradise on the day of resurrection.
Nah. He is enjoying all his mates in the line of St. Peter in Purgatory.
Better say the Rosary for him a few thousand times.
I have a huge dick

Rockdale, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

needenterheaven7 wrote:
Praise be GOD. at least the Pope died as a MUSLIM(following the will of the Almighty). Surely he's straight to Paradise on the day of resurrection.

If you are muslim, you will go to hell.

That's a fact.
Sherlane

Hamburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2011

TheJazuma wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't kiss a picture of a deceased family member that you LOVED with your whole HEART? You don't smell your girlfriend's panties? Seriously, if you're going to troll, do a better job, please.
Hey - wait! You're trying to come across as a devout Catholic, and then you talk like THAT? You're very young and NOT religious if you're doing sexual things outside of marriage. You're not obeying your own rules.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Sherlane wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey - wait! You're trying to come across as a devout Catholic, and then you talk like THAT? You're very young and NOT religious if you're doing sexual things outside of marriage. You're not obeying your own rules.
I'm not a "devout" Catholic, I'm a new one & I'm still learning. That doesn't mean that I don't remember things from the past...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

TheJazuma wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a "devout" Catholic, I'm a new one & I'm still learning. That doesn't mean that I don't remember things from the past...
May God (the REAL HOLY FATHER)_ grant you a speedy escape from the curse and slavery of romanism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

needenterheaven7 wrote:
actually the recently canonized Saint John Paul 2, is in hell for kissing the koran, accepting bribes, harboring pedophiles, trying to form a religion, trying to excommunicate 4 sspx members, etc

maybe hell to a muslim is "paradise"?

fact: all muslims go to hell

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
May God (the REAL HOLY FATHER)_ grant you a speedy escape from the curse and slavery of romanism.
what is "romanism"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

TheJazuma wrote:
<quoted text>
what is "romanism"?
The Roman Catholic religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic religion.
So Christianity is now "romanism"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Judged:

TheJazuma wrote:
<quoted text>
So Christianity is now "romanism"?
Romanism is NOT Christianity.
The RC denomination is a pagan-oriented religion, rife with man-made rules and regulations, superstition, lies, and heresy.
It is led by a merely 'elected' individual who dares to equate himself with our Lord Jesus.
The bible says 'Come out of her, my people' for GOOD reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••