Tantingco: The Kapampangan Cardinal

Mar 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: sunstar.com.ph

LONG before Cardinal Tagle, Cardinal Rosales, Cardinal Sin, Cardinal Vidal and the rest of the Filipino cardinals -- there was a Kapampangan cardinal, Rufino Jiao Santos.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Mar 29, 2013
Rose Jose

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Tan-ting-co seems like a sound of bells ringing. Nice !
Caloy olmedo

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

I was just wondering"...we have in our country so many people with the last name of Co, such as compinco, cojuanco, sicanco, tanpingco, ongpauco and all of them are millionaires at the top,....could it be that their anchestors in China where the founders of such a fortune ?
Caloy olmedo

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

The bells are ringing alright and very loud and clear it is. Lets pause for a moment and ponder our situation as Filipinos, not Sino-pinoy. Just for the record"...almost all the richest persons in the Philippines are Sino-pinoy's ! How in the world did that happen? What have the native Filipino been doing since the World War II ended. I was already around when here in Manila, it was common to see an old bent Chinaman doing his rounds in the streets of Manila shouting "bote..bote" while looking for any seller of empty bottles. But times have change,..today it is the Filipino who is seen doing the same thing. The Chinese is nowhere to be seen in the streets !//////

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min waaasssuuup 533,191
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 6 hr Tamules r TERRORISTS 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Hebrewsunite 8,183
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••