Why Aren’t Christian Leader...

Why Aren’t Christian Leaders More Discerning?

There are 1 comment on the Free Republic story from Jan 23, 2014, titled Why Aren’t Christian Leaders More Discerning?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

I've been all over the world, as you know, and have had lots of discussions with lots of Christian leaders and I've read lots of things about the church and the history of the church and the theology of the church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Abbot David

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Jan 25, 2014
One must confront the question of whether one's church is based on the Bible. As an Orthodox Christian my response would be to find a new church since the NT Church wasn't based on the Bible since portions of the NT consists of letters written to churches,actually the correct view is that the Bible is the written testimony of the living Faith of the Church not the other way around. Ultimately it was the .Church which decided on the authenticity of the Canon of scripture. I am often amused when the History Chanel manages to find a few minutes between its "Ancient Aliens "obsession to fit in a piece about lost books of the Bible. As if certain books fell out and were forgotten. They should be termed "Rejected books of the Bible" since their content did not match the living Tradition of the Church's Faith they were ultimately dropped altogether. There really is no "scripture vs. Tradition ". Scripture is simply Tradition -written. We in the West still carry so much 16th century baggage about. If we were to strictly adopt a "sola-Scriptura" doctrine where would you get the marriage service and the Communion Service? Not to mention the clear trinitarian dogmatics of the Creed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min hojo 690,388
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Eyes on Christ 10,655
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
More from around the web