Pope tied to another abuse case of Arizona priest that Vatican ...

Full story: TwinCities.com

The future Pope Benedict XVI took over the abuse case of an Arizona priest, then let it languish at the Vatican for years despite repeated pleas from the bishop for the man to be removed from the priesthood, according to church correspondence.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of604
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 2, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

The church is just full of pedo-pervs.
vetinwbl

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Rape and MOLESTATION of a 7 and 9 year old boys in the confessional and the case goes on for years?Just wondering if CARDINAL LAW transfered this ANIMAL also?
EqualRights

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

"Moreno pleaded with the Congregation for the Clergy to do something, writing, "We have proofs of civil crimes against people who were under his priestly care" and warning Trupia could "be the source of greater scandal in the future."" And yet...Moreno...you did call the police? Shame on you.
Truther

Riverview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Hello, is anybody home? The Catholic church , as well as some Protestant churches, have been infiltrated by Demonic individuals. Read the book "Apollyon Rising 2012" for the full story! The next pope will be the last one!
Former MN in TX

Odessa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

4

3

The church is NOT the clergy. It is the people that form the Body of Christ. I was raised in a Redemptorist parish with nine priests assigned there, was an alter boy, went on several trips and events with the priests and brothers there, and NEVER ONCE was touched, bothered, or otherwise molested. I never heard of any of my friends being harmed, either. My point is, there is evil in the world everywhere. Don't draw blanket accusations on a whole religion just because of a few nut-jobs. Yes, the church may have failed us in the past when it came to the allegations against priests and the delays in handling those allegations, but they were allegations. Now, just breathe a word of possible wrong-doing, and the accused is removed, then tried. This is as it should be to protect innocents, but let's not paint such a broad stroke against those religious who are truly blessed men and women.
Father Dipwad

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

I don't understand why these child abusers are not put in jail. The Bishops have an obligation to tell the authorities and if they do not then they go to jail also. It is no different than any other profession.
OLD White Guy

Green Valley, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

There were a few suspicious Christian Brothers teaching at Cretin in the 60's.
I see

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

3

I agree with "Equal Rights"... WHY didn't Moreno call the police?????

Hideous. Simply hideous.
Bill Hicks

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 3, 2010
 
Bill Hicks

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Truther wrote:
Hello, is anybody home? The Catholic church , as well as some Protestant churches, have been infiltrated by Demonic individuals. Read the book "Apollyon Rising 2012" for the full story! The next pope will be the last one!
There is no such thing as demons. The time has come to evolve past the Bronze Age superstitions; such as those purported by the bible and perpetuated by the church.

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

9

2

1

EqualRights wrote:
"Moreno pleaded with the Congregation for the Clergy to do something, writing, "We have proofs of civil crimes against people who were under his priestly care" and warning Trupia could "be the source of greater scandal in the future."" And yet...Moreno...you did call the police? Shame on you.
And with that post you have hit the nail squarely on the head. These so called heads of the catholic clergy failed to bring this evidence to the police or it appears even to the church's attorneys for proper disposition to the authorities. And that failure and total neglect of the laws of the land is exactly why the Catholic Church today faces a crisis, worldwide I might add, of years in the making.
They made their bed, and now they must sleep in it.
rara62

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Former MN in TX wrote:
The church is NOT the clergy. It is the people that form the Body of Christ. I was raised in a Redemptorist parish with nine priests assigned there, was an alter boy, went on several trips and events with the priests and brothers there, and NEVER ONCE was touched, bothered, or otherwise molested. I never heard of any of my friends being harmed, either. My point is, there is evil in the world everywhere. Don't draw blanket accusations on a whole religion just because of a few nut-jobs. Yes, the church may have failed us in the past when it came to the allegations against priests and the delays in handling those allegations, but they were allegations. Now, just breathe a word of possible wrong-doing, and the accused is removed, then tried. This is as it should be to protect innocents, but let's not paint such a broad stroke against those religious who are truly blessed men and women.
You're right, the church is not the clergy, but in this church the magisterium (read that male hierarchy that make and enforce the rules) are in charge, not us, the people. I'm sure most people do not condemn each member of the church, but rather those whose molest and those who are complicit in the molestation by covering it up. How can we, the church, survive when our structure depends on those who are incacpable of doing the right and moral thing concerning child molesters? Even now, with documented proof of this just scratching the surface, the pope et all maintain their arrogance and self protective mode of operation. That is what people are critical of, a church that seems incapable of responding in a truly christian way.
Bill Hicks

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 3, 2010
 
That which is falling should also be pushed.
FilmAtTen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Well.... we`ll have Margie, Thomas, and Mr. Garage lodgic defending their church on topix right soon.

This time around Margie can`t blame the Irish press as she did by saying, "you know how those Irish are". Oh for shame!

The Catholic church and it`s scams, corruption, and sins upon itself are being exposed as it should have been done centuries ago.

About time I`d say.... l

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

5

3

1

After the first bricks of the Berlin Wall were removed, people started tearing it away. It fell fast.
vetinwbl

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Bill Hicks wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0BpmeX6lwZc
Thank you for the infomative view!It just amazes me how people can defend this CORRUPT INSTITUTION.
FilmAtTen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

OLD White Guy wrote:
There were a few suspicious Christian Brothers teaching at Cretin in the 60's.
Cretin? Ok, so you were blind, and led around with a ring in your rose. You were young and stupid, so it`s understandable.
Pizza Boy

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

There are going to be a whole lot of priests, bishops, cardinals and a few popes burning in hell for eternity.
FilmAtTen

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

4

1

1

falasha wrote:
After the first bricks of the Berlin Wall were removed, people started tearing it away. It fell fast.
It`s about time it was done to the most corrupt business of all, the Caholic church. I hope the "wall" lands right on top of them.
Chris Mankey

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 3, 2010
 

Judged:

9

5

5

Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of604
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••