Rochester responds to Pope Francis's comments on gay clergy

Jul 29, 2013 Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester 7

"Who am I to judge", those words from Pope Francis as told reporters he will not judge priests based on their sexual orientation.

Full Story
Blue Eyed Ellie

Rochester, NY

#1 Jul 30, 2013
Daddy is blowing a gasket over this. The veins are popping out of his head. Daddy doesn't like this Pope any more. How dare someone disagree or have a different opinion.
Daddy is such a racist.
Richard

Hacienda Heights, CA

#3 Jul 30, 2013
Tylerfoundthecure wrote:
Your pope is a sicko predator
That was a really dumb thing for him to say. In a few words, he justified that lifestyle generally, and said he won't prosecute it in the church relative to priests. Another reason to keep your kids out of the Catholic church. I guess they need priests of any stripe.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#5 Jul 30, 2013
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a really dumb thing for him to say. In a few words, he justified that lifestyle generally, and said he won't prosecute it in the church relative to priests. Another reason to keep your kids out of the Catholic church. I guess they need priests of any stripe.
He certainly didn't justify homosexual acts.

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#6 Jul 30, 2013
Catholics pick and choose what they want to interpret from the Bible..very contradicting religion. I'm sure I don't need to link you to one of the sites that has lists of Bible quotes they choose to be "irrelevant"
Dan

Omaha, NE

#7 Jul 30, 2013
ThatOneBeaut wrote:
Catholics pick and choose what they want to interpret from the Bible..very contradicting religion. I'm sure I don't need to link you to one of the sites that has lists of Bible quotes they choose to be "irrelevant"
No-we've seen enough of those.

What I want to see is a link to where a protestant actually remembers that the Catholic Church declared the canon of scripture and compiled the Bible Protestants use. I'm still waiting for that one.
Lauren

Fishers, IN

#9 Jul 31, 2013
ThatOneBeaut wrote:
You do realize that if you take the entire Bible seriously you end up with the Westboro Baptist Church. Or I guess that's where you come from?

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#10 Jul 31, 2013
Lauren wrote:
<quoted text>
Westboro Baptist Church, good one.
You do realize that if you take the entire Bible seriously you end up with the Westboro Baptist Church. Or I guess that's where you come from?
So the Bible is the center of all Christian denominations, which there several of - each interpreting it in their own way. I find it ridiculous that one book is the basis of all denominations, all who pick and choose what they consider "relevant these days." Believe me, it's not just the Catholics who are like this, it's just they seem to be the ones stirring up trouble about gay marriage...a tax-exempt organization getting involved in politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 555,147
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Hebrewsunite 8,634
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 11 hr champion65 4
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE