Pope Benedict XVI resigns, shocks Chr...

Pope Benedict XVI resigns, shocks Christian...

There are 122 comments on the Sun-Star story from Feb 11, 2013, titled Pope Benedict XVI resigns, shocks Christian.... In it, Sun-Star reports that:

Pray for the Holy Father, said Cebu Archbishop Jose Palma, as Pope Benedict XVI shocked his global flock by announcing his resignation Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sun-Star.

PAUL shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#53 Mar 3, 2013
..GOD Bless the POPE....IN A VERY pOSITIVE WAY,HERE...(+)...EH..
dsb

Seebruck, Germany

#54 Mar 3, 2013
Ozzy wrote:
Here is a great online book that dispels the strange and false INC doctrines...
http://www.dk777.com/incinanutshell.pdf
It's a long read (about 250 pages) but answers all the strange claims of INC.
I know that online book, although I only skimmed it, for I should better concentrate on paying my tith, my appointed minister said.
As you say, these lines are an eye-opener to everyone who considers making the maybe biggest mistake in his life by joining this iglesia ni coitus.
If people cannot decide by themselves, someone else will decide for them. And it are those people who find themselves among other members of that ridiculous group.
It is funny but also unbelievable, how much stupidity is needed to join that cult! But the foolishness of an individual doesn´t strike in a herd of other fellow sufferers.

This cult is comedy to me, but bitter seriousness to many!
People should read this!
Ozzy

Catskill, NY

#55 Mar 3, 2013
Sad to say but they pray on the less educated and poor. Of course some of the weak minded or those born into the church...Or children brought up by uneducated parents who converted when the child was very young.
israelNOTpinas

Makati, Philippines

#56 Mar 3, 2013
ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Ozzy,
You were not there during the debate!!! I saw Keating's face turning red everytime Brother Jose Ventilacion trashed his argument into pieces and feces!!! He can't defend his Holy Trinity because like the rest of the Roman Catholic leaders, they are preaching without understanding it:
"The Trinity is a wonderful mystery. No one understands it. The most learned theologian, the holiest Pope, the greatest saint, all are mystified by it as a child of seven."
Reference:[Martin J. Scott, S.J., God and Myself, Nhil Obstat: Arthurus J. Scanlan, S.T.D., Imprimatur: Joannes Cardinalis Farley (P.J. Kenedy and Sons, 1917), pp. 118-119.]
"The Trinity is a wonderful mystery. No one understands it. The most learned theologian, the holiest Pope, the greatest saint, all are mystified by it as a child of seven."
Reference:[Martin J. Scott, S.J., God and Myself, Nhil Obstat: Arthurus J. Scanlan, S.T.D., Imprimatur: Joannes Cardinalis Farley (P.J. Kenedy and Sons, 1917), pp. 118-119.]
All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Evangelicals, Charismatics, members of the American cults, skeptics, and agnostics must improve their low I.Q.s!!!
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
SATAN counterfeit Trinity
Roman Catholics Counterfeit it again...
WHY?
because they know the Truth...
INC is against Trinity because they are LOW IQ... SATAN and RC is more high IQ than INC Members they do not know what they believe in...
INC bwahahahaha.... Satan is your bestfriend... ask Satan and RC about your non-Trinitarian stand...

ASK Elias Ibarra...
popeXXXnun

Indonesia

#57 Mar 3, 2013
Christian or chatolic is the religion of satan,in the bible many verses of satan,porn etc if u recite! Please out from christian if u will heaven.
israelNOTpinas

Makati, Philippines

#58 Mar 3, 2013
ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Ozzy,
You were not there during the debate!!! I saw Keating's face turning red everytime Brother Jose Ventilacion trashed his argument into pieces and feces!!! He can't defend his Holy Trinity because like the rest of the Roman Catholic leaders, they are preaching without understanding it:
"The Trinity is a wonderful mystery. No one understands it. The most learned theologian, the holiest Pope, the greatest saint, all are mystified by it as a child of seven."
Reference:[Martin J. Scott, S.J., God and Myself, Nhil Obstat: Arthurus J. Scanlan, S.T.D., Imprimatur: Joannes Cardinalis Farley (P.J. Kenedy and Sons, 1917), pp. 118-119.]
"The Trinity is a wonderful mystery. No one understands it. The most learned theologian, the holiest Pope, the greatest saint, all are mystified by it as a child of seven."
Reference:[Martin J. Scott, S.J., God and Myself, Nhil Obstat: Arthurus J. Scanlan, S.T.D., Imprimatur: Joannes Cardinalis Farley (P.J. Kenedy and Sons, 1917), pp. 118-119.]
All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Evangelicals, Charismatics, members of the American cults, skeptics, and agnostics must improve their low I.Q.s!!!
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Satan Counterfeit Trinity because he believes it is True and he hates Unity
Roman catholics counterfeit it again because they believe its true but they lack unity...

INC don't believe in Trinity because 1+1+1=3 Gods... LOW IQ...
1x1x1= 1 GOD --go to KUMON for basic math you just stop on addition...
Donald Duck

UK

#59 Mar 3, 2013
the reason the Pope is retiring is because its only a matter of time before he will get expose for covering up paedophilia in the 80/90s when he was given the job by the last pope.

he also gave Cardinal O'Brien the job as highest ranking catholic in the UK even after he had been reported to the vatican for sexually assaulting young priests.

if he doesnt confess his sins to the world and apologise he will burn in hell.
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#61 Mar 6, 2013
Ozzy wrote:
Here is a great online book that dispels the strange and false INC doctrines...
http://www.dk777.com/incinanutshell.pdf
It's a long read (about 250 pages) but answers all the strange claims of INC.
Ozzy,

Let Jason Stevens come out now and face the Iglesia ni Cristo ministers!!! Coax him not to play tough only in the INTERNET!!! I read a part of his writings and it shows nothing but his Bible ignorance and low I.Q.!!!

Tell him to improve his low I.Q. by facing the Iglesia ni Cristo ministers!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#62 Mar 6, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always read your posts as I think you are wonderfully intelligent and sensible. I love people I can learn from.
And you're right - it's impossible for us to be all-knowing. That's God's territory only.
Is curiosity a good thing? It seems the more answers I get, the more questions I have. Keep up your fascinating posts, please. I enjoy them immensely. And thanks for asking about my family - you are so thoughtful! Love & hugs, Sherlayne
Sherlayne,

Thank you for your nice compliment!!! You are a sweet lady and your husband and family has a fortune in you!!! And if you have time, kindly proceed to the Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ) chapel nearest your place to ask for more questions!!! There is nothing wrong with being curious!!! This is the only memento that I could give to you for I have nothing made of gold or silver!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#63 Mar 6, 2013
israelNOTpinas wrote:
<quoted text>
SATAN counterfeit Trinity
Roman Catholics Counterfeit it again...
WHY?
because they know the Truth...
INC is against Trinity because they are LOW IQ... SATAN and RC is more high IQ than INC Members they do not know what they believe in...
INC bwahahahaha.... Satan is your bestfriend... ask Satan and RC about your non-Trinitarian stand...
ASK Elias Ibarra...
Hung Hang,

You are wrong!!! Satan did not conterfiet the Trinity but inspired its fabrication in the Councils of Nicaea and Constantinople by the bishops of the Catholic Church:

"Thus, for example, it was not until 325 A.D., at the Council of Nicaea, that the [Catholic} Church defined for us that it was an article of faith that Jesus is truly God."

Reference:(Discourses on the Apostles' Creed, p. 206)

As to how the doctrine that the Holy Spirit is God came about, Catholic author , the Rev. Clement H. Crock, provides this information:

"In 381, at the Council of Constantinople, it was defined that it is an article of faith that the Holy Ghost is God."

Reference:(Crock, Clement H. Discourses on the Apostles' Creed, p. 206. Nihil Obstat: Arthur J. Scanlan, STD. Imprimatur: Patrick Cardinal Hayes. New York: John F. Wagner, Inc., 1938)

Your religion is not the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) and, therefore, God will punish you for He will judge those who are outside!!!

All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, "Ang Dating Tumbong Doon" K.Y.J. Eli Fernando Soriano, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Evangelicals, Charismatics, Spurious Born-again, Presbyterians, Othodox, 700 Bar Club members, Episcopalians, Methodists, Branch Davidians, members of the American cults, skeptics, agnostics, and those outside of the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#65 Mar 7, 2013
israelNOTpinas wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan Counterfeit Trinity because he believes it is True and he hates Unity
Roman catholics counterfeit it again because they believe its true but they lack unity...
INC don't believe in Trinity because 1+1+1=3 Gods... LOW IQ...
1x1x1= 1 GOD --go to KUMON for basic math you just stop on addition...
Hung Hang,

Why are you using multiplication when it is clear that addition was being used!!! According to Arius:

"... if God the Father and the Son were both divine, then there were two gods, which meant that Christianity was not a monotheistic religion".

Ang sabi ni Ario:

"... kung ang Diyos Ama at ang Anak ay parehong Diyos, kung gayon ay may dalawang Diyos, na nangangahulugang ang Cristianismo ay hindi monoteistikong relihiyon.

Reference: Magoffin. Ralph V.D and Frederick Duncalf. Ancient and Medieval History: The rise of classical culture and the development of medieval civilization, p. 394. Silver Burdett Company, 1939.

According to Arius, Christianity is a monotheistic religion!!! When was the addition of the second God of the Roman Catholic Church and the Protestants cults:

"Thus, for example, it was not until 325 A.D., at the Council of Nicaea, that the [Catholic} Church defined for us that it was an article of faith that Jesus is truly God."

Reference:(Discourses on the Apostles' Creed, p. 206)

The second God of the Roman Catholic and Protesatnt churches was added through fabrication in 325 A.D.!!! Take notice of the elapsed time from the first cenutry to the fourth wherein the second God was added or fabricated!!!

Now, when was the third God added??? As to how the doctrine that the Holy Spirit is God came about, Catholic author, the Rev. Clement H. Crock, provides this information:

"In 381, at the Council of Constantinople, it was defined that it is an article of faith that the Holy Ghost is God."

Reference:(Crock, Clement H. Discourses on the Apostles' Creed, p. 206. Nihil Obstat: Arthur J. Scanlan, STD. Imprimatur: Patrick Cardinal Hayes. New York: John F. Wagner, Inc., 1938)

Therefore, it took humndreds of years before there was an actual mention or doctrine of the Holy Trinity!!! You are therefore of low I.Q.!!!

All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, "Ang Dating Tumbong Doon" K.Y.J. Eli Fernando Soriano, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Evangelicals, Charismatics, Spurious Born-again, Presbyterians, Othodox, 700 Bar Club members, Episcopalians, Methodists, Branch Davidians, members of the American cults, skeptics, agnostics, and those outside of the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#66 Mar 7, 2013
Donald Duck wrote:
the reason the Pope is retiring is because its only a matter of time before he will get expose for covering up paedophilia in the 80/90s when he was given the job by the last pope.
he also gave Cardinal O'Brien the job as highest ranking catholic in the UK even after he had been reported to the vatican for sexually assaulting young priests.
if he doesnt confess his sins to the world and apologise he will burn in hell.
Donald,

You are absolutely correct!!! Complaints about the "VICARIVS FILII DEI" covering up the crimes of pedo priests and nuns are reverberating all over the world!!! And there might be something else:

"The first decade of the 21st century is characterized by a "Great Religious Recession". Making matters worse, the economic recession in 2007 "did not drive people to religion; instead, it drove religion farther into irrelevance." (p. 82)

"In the United States for example, the Willow Creek Community Church---one of America's famous megachurches---"has suffered membership stagnation and a lack of enthusiasm among the faithful".(Ibid. p.73.)

"Even the Catholic Church has barely maintained its share of the population, mostly because immigrant Catholics offset the massive loss of U.S.-born members".(Ibid. p.20)

Reference:(Christianity After Religion: The End of Church and the Birth of New Spiritual Awakening, pp. 82, 73, 20.)

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#67 Mar 7, 2013
SO, using your logic, it is far more egregious to cover up the crimes of colleagues than to commit pedophilia yourself, huh?

Need I remind the forum the Felix Ysagun Manalo was a minister with the Seventh Day Adventists when he chose to engage in sexual relations with a minor in his congregation. He was caught and kicked out of that group.

He later raped others. The Philippine Court of Appeals called him a man of low morals.

The Iglesia ni Culto has no mirrors apparently.
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#71 Mar 8, 2013
Newsflash!!! A spurious religion which is undergoing the pains of the so-called "Great Religious Recession"--the Roman Catholic Church, had sold to the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) her biggest church in Miami, Florida, U.S.A.because of its empty pews!!!The chapel was formerly owned by St. Vincent de Paul Church!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
nyg

Scarborough, Canada

#72 Mar 8, 2013
ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
Newsflash!!! A spurious religion which is undergoing the pains of the so-called "Great Religious Recession"--the Roman Catholic Church, had sold to the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) her biggest church in Miami, Florida, U.S.A.because of its empty pews!!!The chapel was formerly owned by St. Vincent de Paul Church!!!
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Newsflash!
1.2 billion members of the Roman Catholic church
300 million members of the eastern Orthodox church
700 million in various protestant churches

10 million at most in the INC. At most. Is there a reason that you don't have offcial numbers? Probably because you don't have as many members as you think
Anonymous

Makati, Philippines

#73 Mar 8, 2013
nyg wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash!
1.2 billion members of the Roman Catholic church
300 million members of the eastern Orthodox church
700 million in various protestant churches
10 million at most in the INC. At most. Is there a reason that you don't have offcial numbers? Probably because you don't have as many members as you think
ELIAS IBARRA;

Why are you using multiplication when it is clear that addition was being used!!! According to Arius:
(ELIAS promotes ARIANISM fOR THE RECORD!!)

If Elias Ibarra will only use my multiplication his 10 Million at most members will be 10M x10M = 100 mILLION

POOR eLIAS 1bILLION IS 1000 MILLION X 1000 MILLION

ITS A FAR FAR fAR AWAY LAND TO GO FROM THE sugo OF fAR east...
Anonymous

Makati, Philippines

#74 Mar 8, 2013
SORRY eLias too much fabrication of number of INC member makes the billion million redundancy too much zeros...

have you done your census of members today?

have you ever heard of the recorded tape of Erano Manalo on adding zeros on Census on the INC Local Churches that made ALL your Ministers Corrupt?

A recorded statement of a very emotional Erano Manalo who was accusing ALL INC MINISTERS AS CORRUPT. He even said that in his lifetime he has yet to see an honest INC Minister.

SHOCKED!

ALL in ALL equals ZERO so no one will inherit Heaven because all INC Ministers are corrupt... ahhh only 4 ANGELS will go to heaven

Felix,Erano,Eduardo and ANGELO...

and the rest are fallen Angels...
Anonymous

Makati, Philippines

#75 Mar 8, 2013
Erano Manalo:

Ayun, kung ang isang manggagawa, mga kapatid, sinungaling, hindi puwedeng manindigan. Kung ang isang manggagawa kakampi sa katiwalian, hindi puwedeng manindigan. Kung ang isang manggagawa siya pang nagtuturo ng katiwalian, e lalong masamang manggagawa yon. Wala nang sariling paninindigan ay siya pang kasangkapan ng Diyablo. Eh, sino ho yung ganyang manggagawa...maraming manggagawa natin, halos lahat, ganyan. Hindi ho naman isang masyadong marahas na pagpaparatang yan? Hindi. Kaya ko nalalaman, sapagkat ang mga ulat na dumarating sa akin hindi totoo. Bakit hindi ho hindi naging totoo? Hindi sapagkat ang kapatid ang nagkamali kundi ang mga manggagawa ang siyang bumabago ng ulat.

Translation:

There, if a worker, brothers and sisters, is a liar, he cannot make a stand. If a worker is a friend to iniquity he cannot make a stand. If a worker is the one who teaches iniquity, then that worker is even more evil. He not only cannot stand of his own, he is an instrument of the Devil. Who among the workers then are like that...many of our workers, almost all are like that. Is not too harsh an accusation? No. The reason I know is because the reports that reach me are not true. Why are they not true? It is not because that the brothers and sisters have made mistakes but because that the workers are changing the reports.

Erano Manalo:

Hanggang ngayon, wala pa po akong nakikitang matino na manggagawa sa kasaysayan ng buhay ko. Lahat po, puro tiwali. Masakit na salita. Nasaktan ako, sapagkat ako ay manggagawa rin. Pero hindi ko masita yung kapatid sapagkat alam ko na nagsasabi siya, kung hindi man boong boo na katotohanan, eh nagsasalita siya ng totoo. Wala nang nagkaroon ng takot sa Diyos na kahit na isa para tumayo at manindigan sa panig ng katuwiran, lahat manlulupig na ng katuwiran. Bakit? Suweldo ang hinahanap niya. Yung tulog niya, yung bahay niya, yung kasaganahan niya siguro ang tinatamasa niya, pero Iglesia, ayaw na niyang pagsilbihan ng totoo.

Translation:

Until now, I still haven't seen a straight worker in my entire life. Everybody, all of them crooked. Hurtful words. I was hurt, because I too am a worker. But I cannot question the brother, because I know that what he was saying, if not the whole truth, is true. There is no one who has fear of God, even one who can stand up and fight for what is right, everyone is an agressor of righteousness. Why? It is salary he wants. His rest, his house, his prosperity is what he seeks, but the Church, he now refuses to serve with truth.
nyg

Scarborough, Canada

#76 Mar 8, 2013
Ozzy wrote:
Here is a great online book that dispels the strange and false INC doctrines...
http://www.dk777.com/incinanutshell.pdf
It's a long read (about 250 pages) but answers all the strange claims of INC.
Thanks for the link, Ozzy! I'll be up late reading this!

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#78 Mar 9, 2013
ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
Newsflash!!! A spurious religion which is undergoing the pains of the so-called "Great Religious Recession"--the Roman Catholic Church, had sold to the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) her biggest church in Miami, Florida, U.S.A.because of its empty pews!!!The chapel was formerly owned by St. Vincent de Paul Church!!!
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Sorry but that is simply not true. The Pasugo gave you bad information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min guest 646,608
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Iamfree 10,165
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 14 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... 15 hr Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
More from around the web