Cardinal Peter Turkson: Pope Contender Suggests Gay PriestsTo Blame For Child Rape Scandals

Feb 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOne

A firestorm of criticism has erupted involving Cardinal Peter Turkson , who could be next in line to succeed Pope Benedict XVI, all because he has publicly suggested that gay priests are in part to blame for the child sexual abuse scandals within the Catholic Church that have broken and rippled worldwide.

Comments
61 - 80 of 98 Comments Last updated Mar 6, 2013
Dan

Omaha, NE

#65 Feb 25, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also thinking of the Spanish Civil War, but the Hitler thing works.
Again, you're calling for the direct involvement of a religion into politics, which you declared anathema on another thread.
Jeff in Richmond VA

Richmond, VA

#66 Feb 25, 2013
God has been causing me bad luck for years. No matter how much I prayed to Him, he always lets bad shit happen to me....so I have no pity on the Catholic church. They are getting just what they deserve for preaching all their lies and hypocrisy.

I went to Catholic school, and they told me that God would look out for me. Bullshit! My life has been a zoo because of God, so if the Church suffers scandal, more power to them who bring the church down!

And the collection box should be banned....people putting hard earned dollars in there so they can pay off lawsuits for priests that are molesting boys??? Let the %$#@ church go broke.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#67 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't "silent" during WW2.
We started with you defending a claim that Turkson publicy supported a law allowing gay people to be executed.
Now, your argument is centered around the absence of evidence that he has anything to say about it specifically.
Long way to go here, snyper.
Your right, the current Pope belonged to a group formed to support them.

Turkson says he understands why Uganda supports hatred of homosexuality. His silence and lack of condemnation speaks volumes. Behavior which is so un-Christ like his will cost him dearly on his spiritual journey. It is clear what he supports and for that he will pay.

El Paso, TX

#68 Feb 25, 2013
You're

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#69 Feb 25, 2013
No wonder the pope is resigning - he even realizes he's daffy.

Oh - weren't gays responsible for the sinking of the Titanic? I'm surprised nobody's come up with that one!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#70 Feb 25, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
No wonder the pope is resigning - he even realizes he's daffy.
Oh - weren't gays responsible for the sinking of the Titanic? I'm surprised nobody's come up with that one!
The Pink Iceberg Theory.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#71 Feb 25, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're calling for the direct involvement of a religion into politics, which you declared anathema on another thread.
THEY claim the prerogative to do so. I'm commenting on their scorecard.
Annette

Djibouti

#72 Feb 27, 2013
TheRealMagyar wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably which she is a lesbian lol.
Anyway,I m against Turkson, not because he is homophobic but because he is black
It is not fair at all talking like this.
If you are racist, Turkson is not, he loves you!
May God forgive you and bless you as well.
Annette

Djibouti

#73 Feb 27, 2013
It is unfair to talk like this, if you are racist th cardinal Peter Turkson is not and he does love as God's creature.

May God forgive you and bless you as well!

Location hidden

#74 Feb 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pink Iceberg Theory.
LAVender, DAHling. LAVender.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#75 Feb 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
LAVender, DAHling. LAVender.
I'm a buff.

Location hidden

#76 Feb 27, 2013
Annette wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not fair at all talking like this.
If you are racist, Turkson is not, he loves you!
May God forgive you and bless you as well.
Nobody here really talks to "Magyar".
Dan

Omaha, NE

#77 Feb 28, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right, the current Pope belonged to a group formed to support them.
Turkson says he understands why Uganda supports hatred of homosexuality. His silence and lack of condemnation speaks volumes. Behavior which is so un-Christ like his will cost him dearly on his spiritual journey. It is clear what he supports and for that he will pay.
Well, it was clear that you made a false assertion about Turkson, thus you run to the Nazi card with Ratzinger.

That's abundantly clear.

Now, you deem to lecture us about "un-Christ like" behavior after being caught lying.

Brilliant.

Since: Sep 12

In your mind.

#78 Feb 28, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
A true believer then, racist, sexist, and homophobic?
You forgot anti-semite :)

Location hidden

#79 Feb 28, 2013
Don't "Dan" and "Tom" make a cute old couple?

El Paso, TX

#80 Feb 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it was clear that you made a false assertion about Turkson, thus you run to the Nazi card with Ratzinger.
That's abundantly clear.
Now, you deem to lecture us about "un-Christ like" behavior after being caught lying.
Brilliant.
Get a Topix account then we can discuss whatever you wish. Till then you're nothing but a troll, and not a very clever one at that.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#81 Feb 28, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a Topix account then we can discuss whatever you wish. Till then you're nothing but a troll, and not a very clever one at that.
Registering on Topix didn't make you clever.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#82 Feb 28, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Registering on Topix gives me license to make false claims and then avoid accountability if I'm called on it?

If so, I know why you registered.

El Paso, TX

#83 Feb 28, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Registering on Topix didn't make you clever.
Nor registering is often the first sign of a troll. Check your mirror and you'll find out.

You wouldn't know clever if it bit you on the ass.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#84 Feb 28, 2013
I just love this religion forum - it shows how much Christianity brings people closer and makes them love one another, LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 539,557
Vatican nuncio criticizes Castro regime in Cuba 10 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 6
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... 10 hr James 6
Catholic archbishop in Cuba criticizes government 10 hr L I G E R 49 7
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 30 ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••