Cardinal Peter Turkson: Pope Contender Suggests Gay PriestsTo Blame For Child Rape Scandals

Feb 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOne

A firestorm of criticism has erupted involving Cardinal Peter Turkson , who could be next in line to succeed Pope Benedict XVI, all because he has publicly suggested that gay priests are in part to blame for the child sexual abuse scandals within the Catholic Church that have broken and rippled worldwide.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of98
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

I think the Roman Catholic Church is to blame.

If it were a bottom-up organization where the parishoners had control and there was complete transparency, instead of it being a top-down dictatorship, where parishoners have no control over who their priest is, where their money goes, nor anything else, you wouldn't have scandals lke this.

Why anyone would wand to be a Roman Catholic is beyond my ken.
David Traversa

Federal, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Ignoring well documented facts , as usual .. It's not a gay thing but a wielding of power over the vulnerable by sick , sadistic people ; overwhelmingly heterosexual and many times very highly placed .. The bigots conveniently ignore these facts and take for granted that most people know nothing about them and , when they do , will purposely deny them in order to irresponsibly continue to preach their hate agenda .
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Once again the catholic church shows they don't even know the meaning of words, let alone any grand truth.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

David Traversa wrote:
Ignoring well documented facts , as usual .. It's not a gay thing but a wielding of power over the vulnerable by sick , sadistic people ; overwhelmingly heterosexual and many times very highly placed .. The bigots conveniently ignore these facts and take for granted that most people know nothing about them and , when they do , will purposely deny them in order to irresponsibly continue to preach their hate agenda .
Just out of curiousity, are you a Catholic ?

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

It seems none of you have read this article or at least not all of it. This ignorant pig of a priest has publicly supported the killing of gays by African governments. Why would anyone even give thought this pig has a shot of becoming pope?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

TomInElPaso wrote:
It seems none of you have read this article or at least not all of it. This ignorant pig of a priest has publicly supported the killing of gays by African governments. Why would anyone even give thought this pig has a shot of becoming pope?
Because they're Catholic.
That's what they're known for, including the Inquisition and other things.
David Traversa

Federal, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiousity, are you a Catholic ?
No , I'm neither a Catholic or a Lutheran or anything connected with lies and superstition .. My faith stays on Man and nature and their possibilities .. plenty there ..

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Good idea, blame the gay priests for raping the young boys. They are certainly culpable. That will fix the problem, no doubt.

Hmmm, but what about the GIRLS who were raped? Blame the gays there too? Doesn't seem to work. Don't they CARE about what happens to females? Oh, sorry, I forgot I was talking about CATHOLICS there for a second.

If only these twisted, anti-sex loons would learn the difference between CONSENSUAL sex between ADULTS, and sex with a CHILD of ANY gender. Maybe if people would learn to stop trusting CELIBATE individuals for information on sex AT ALL, this could all stop happening COMPLETELY.

When it coms to human sexuality, there's nothing to learn from people who condemn and abstain from ALL sex. These people are deliberately leading THEMSELVES down a path of sexual ignorance, and they have nothing to offer regular human beings.

How about we spend a few minutes focusing NOT on the SEX that happened (although that's bad), but on the priests and bishops who ACTIVELY COVERED IT UP, and sought to HIDE these crimes from the authorities? THOSE are the freaks who need to be blamed. Crimes will always happen, but pretending that they DIDN'T happen, and putting those SAME offenders into NEW situations to commit AGAIN is a worse crime altogether. And they want to blame someone else.

Sorry, gentlemen, but if you wanted to call ANY of this a "crime", then you would have REPORTED it from day one.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

With that statement Turkson removed himself from consideration.
jesus christ blows me

Duryea, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

pope TURD the first.

blessed is his shit.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

jesus christ blows me wrote:
pope TURD the first.

blessed is his shit.
The first?
All of them are pope turds.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
With that statement Turkson removed himself from consideration.
We can only hope.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they're Catholic.
That's what they're known for, including the Inquisition and other things.
"Inquisition"?
The homosexuals are conducting an inquisition of their own. They attack the RCC, the BSA, Chick-Fil-A, traditional marriage and anything that is good and just.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

TomInElPaso wrote:
Because if you wish to become pope, such support only enhances your résumé.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"Inquisition"?
The homosexuals are conducting an inquisition of their own. They attack the RCC, the BSA, Chick-Fil-A, traditional marriage and anything that is good and just.
That's nice, Junior.
Why don't you go run to mommy and tell her the internet people are hurting your feelings.

Since: Sep 12

In your mind.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Krystal03 wrote:
someone shoot the b#stard before he can take the throne of hate
How about we declare a Holy War against homosexuality?

Since: Sep 12

In your mind.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

blue lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
Dam you're one ugly cun+.
Probably which she is a lesbian lol.

Anyway,I m against Turkson, not because he is homophobic but because he is black

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

TheRealMagyar wrote:
<quoted text>Probably which she is a lesbian lol.

Anyway,I m against Turkson, not because he is homophobic but because he is black
A true believer then, racist, sexist, and homophobic?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

TheRealMagyar wrote:
How about we declare a Holy War against homosexuality?
Hasn't religion ALREADY declared itself in direct opposition to personal freedom? What will be next? A return to the Bible's call for putting homosexuals to death? Door-to-door checks to ensure biblical obedience by all citizens, even for NON-Christians? Will there be a holy war against divorce and remarriage, or against non-virgin brides? If you declare holy war against homosexuality, how will that change life as we currently know it?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

More scapegoating. He is stupid enough to be Pope of the hopeless Catholic Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of98
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••