Vatican Diary / Collegiality yes, dem...

Vatican Diary / Collegiality yes, democracy no

There are 2 comments on the Free Republic story from Apr 16, 2013, titled Vatican Diary / Collegiality yes, democracy no. In it, Free Republic reports that:

For the first time in history, eight cardinals from the five continents will advise the pope "in the governance of the universal Church." But they have not been elected.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Apr 16, 2013
from Free Republic:

"'Then there is the problem of the relationship of the curia with the pope, and also with the bishops of the whole world. One thing is clear: the curia cannot be anything other than an instrument at the service of the pope ...'"

As defenders of the staus quo, the curia has been at odds with every papal reformer from John XXIII to John Paul I.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#2 Apr 16, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from Free Republic:
"'Then there is the problem of the relationship of the curia with the pope, and also with the bishops of the whole world. One thing is clear: the curia cannot be anything other than an instrument at the service of the pope ...'"
As defenders of the staus quo, the curia has been at odds with every papal reformer from John XXIII to John Paul I.
So?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Marge 658,723
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Proud2Goson 10,242
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
More from around the web