Pope Francis and St. Peter's bones - are they cursed?

Nov 26, 2013 Full story: Examiner.com 12

Move over curse of the Pharaoh; the curse of the Pope's bones is upon us, or so it is claimed by veteran Vatican correspondent Bruno Bartoloni in his 2012 AD book The Ears of the Vatican : "No pope had ever permitted an exhaustive study, partly because a 1,000-year-old curse attested by secret and apocalyptic documents, threatened anyone who ... (more)

Full Story
Peleus Procrator

Old Lyme, CT

#1 Nov 27, 2013
Believe me, you don't want to miss the fireworks, nya-ha-ha-ha-ha.
Josephus Vanity Press

Redwood City, CA

#2 Nov 30, 2013
I have been taking slivers of the original cross and pressing them into Popsicle sticks.

I'm going to be auctioning them off on eBay as soon as the glue dries.

Stay alert!

You don't want to be like the foolish virgins who forgot to top off their oil lamps!

“My opinion”

Since: Nov 13

Toronto

#3 Nov 30, 2013
To ridicule the faith of millions is beneath contempt
Borromeo Decalcomane

Old Lyme, CT

#4 Nov 30, 2013
This is a quiz: Other than "ridiculing the faith of millions," what is "beneath contempt"?(a) a prepositional phrase,(b) some fish on a hot day,(c) these local douchebags with their whining chainsaws and deafening leaf-blowers 7 days a week,(d) being in the thrall of superstition (wink, wink, nudge, nudge),(e) Lefty Scaevola and his drink-sodden, garlic-eating gang of soccer yobbo bullies,(f) the Roman Catholic/Scientology Heresy,(g) the letter "h",(h) Bruce Jenner's plastic surgeon.
Granted, it's a tough quiz, but we're all archaeo-heads, glasses-wearing braniacs, it really should be a day at the beach. First correct answer receives a framed certificate!

“My opinion”

Toronto

#5 Nov 30, 2013
Borromeo Decalcomane wrote:
This is a quiz: Other than "ridiculing the faith of millions," what is "beneath contempt"?(a) a prepositional phrase,(b) some fish on a hot day,(c) these local douchebags with their whining chainsaws and deafening leaf-blowers 7 days a week,(d) being in the thrall of superstition (wink, wink, nudge, nudge),(e) Lefty Scaevola and his drink-sodden, garlic-eating gang of soccer yobbo bullies,(f) the Roman Catholic/Scientology Heresy,(g) the letter "h",(h) Bruce Jenner's plastic surgeon.
Granted, it's a tough quiz, but we're all archaeo-heads, glasses-wearing braniacs, it really should be a day at the beach. First correct answer receives a framed certificate!
While quite eloquent you are obviously not a person of faith
Nils Listerine

Old Lyme, CT

#6 Nov 30, 2013
Quite Correct! A Framed Certificate is in the mail! Not only is it framed but it is SUITABLE FOR FRAMING. You can wear this certificate with pride for years to come! But let's get down to the point: Catlic or Religinot, let us call veneration of ancient offal (bones, teeth, holy sock garters, hair, digits, all that gnarly stuff) let us call it what it is: WST (Weird Superstitious Time-wasting). You can engage the hard questions if you are religious or not and probably come to the same conclusions (unless your conclusion goes to the default nonsense of God or The Debbil). "Faith" is no more necessary than a second head, and it comes with all sorts of other baggage that makes the world a much worse place (see, crazy,angry, rabidly anti-life Islam and the cult of vicious let's stay in the middle ages). I'm exhausted. Anyway I need to get back to my pentagram and sacrifice a goat.
Josephus Vanity Press

Concord, CA

#7 Nov 30, 2013
Taximan66 wrote:
To ridicule the faith of millions is beneath contempt
You mean the millions that condemn the rest of the planet to hell for not being Catholic?

Humor is far more powerful than hate in waging a religious battle. And that is precisely what we are doing here on topix, waging a religious battle.

You stick with the folks that gave us the Dark ages, the Inquisition, and the genocide in the Americas, and the rest of us will laugh and joke to help heal the pain of the murder of over eleven million people by the Roman Catholic Church to protect the dogma falsely being taught as Christianity to this day.

HERE IS A NICE VIDEO TO HELP BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY:

peace

“My opinion”

Toronto

#8 Dec 1, 2013
Josephus Vanity Press wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the millions that condemn the rest of the planet to hell for not being Catholic?

Humor is far more powerful than hate in waging a religious battle. And that is precisely what we are doing here on topix, waging a religious battle.

You stick with the folks that gave us the Dark ages, the Inquisition, and the genocide in the Americas, and the rest of us will laugh and joke to help heal the pain of the murder of over eleven million people by the Roman Catholic Church to protect the dogma falsely being taught as Christianity to this day.

HERE IS A NICE VIDEO TO HELP BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5ZegQYgygdwXX

peace
Ok fair comment but true faith is the best healer.
Exposing The Antichrist

Hayward, CA

#9 Dec 1, 2013
Taximan66 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok fair comment but true faith is the best healer.
Thank you for your kind reply!

Well, I feel that LOVE is ultimately the only healer. Various tools like humor are useful in helping LOVE to flow, and then true faith is the result, based on the accurate knowledge that experiencing LOVE more fully provides.

This is why, in my humble opinion, following the two most important commandments in the bible are so important.

It's like you really don't have true faith you can ride a bicycle until you can actually ride a bicycle.

So we kind of see eye to eye :)

have a nice day!
Josephus Vanity Press

Hayward, CA

#10 Dec 1, 2013
OOPS! got my sock puppets confused again :)

Exposing The Antichrist and I are the same.

It's hard to remember who you are when you are always anonymous !

“My opinion”

Toronto

#11 Dec 1, 2013
Exposing The Antichrist wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your kind reply!

Well, I feel that LOVE is ultimately the only healer. Various tools like humor are useful in helping LOVE to flow, and then true faith is the result, based on the accurate knowledge that experiencing LOVE more fully provides.

This is why, in my humble opinion, following the two most important commandments in the bible are so important.

It's like you really don't have true faith you can ride a bicycle until you can actually ride a bicycle.

So we kind of see eye to eye :)

have a nice day!
Happy Thanksgiving looking forward to further posts
Nulli Secundus

Monroe, CT

#12 Dec 1, 2013
“the bones…spent centuries resting in the site linked to Peter's martyrdom and burial. That history makes them, at a minimum, what Catholic tradition regards as ‘relics by contact,’ meaning objects physically connected to the legacy of the saint.”
'Tradition' means never having to admit that you're just blowing smoke out of your @$$.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min kent 558,681
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 hr Strel 83,885
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 7 hr Meat Eater 4
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Sun ELIAS IBARRA 4
Vatican infighting over NSW priest Dec 14 Rev Tony Abbott 4
Pope Condemns Homosexual Behavior (Dec '08) Dec 14 kent 10,604