After Resignation, Media Speculates Over Pope's Orientation,

Mar 1, 2013 Full story: EDGE 45

Rumors about Pope Benedict XVI's sexual orientation have resurfaced on the day of his resignation after gay Catholic blogger Andrew Sullivan wrote a controversial piece for the Dish.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2 Mar 1, 2013
OOOOOO the pope's boyfriend is cute!

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3 Mar 1, 2013
At first I thought, "Oh, gross. No way could that repulsive ex-Pope be gay. He's too homophobic."

And then it dawned on me ... as we've seen time again, the most rabid homophobes are always the closet cases who are either secretly wanting it or actually getting it on the side. That's true among Catholics, Republicans and Topix trolls.

The mind reels and the stomach turns.

“Adam and Steve”

Since: Aug 08

Earth

#7 Mar 1, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
OOOOOO the pope's boyfriend is cute!
And he has a FABULOUS website! LOL.

http://www.georgganswein.com/homeenglish.html

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#8 Mar 1, 2013
I really try not to speculate on a person's sexuality, until and unless that person says it himself. But Benedict is sure making it difficult to not speculate.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#9 Mar 1, 2013
Ganswein has his own Versace collection? How much proof does anyone need?

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Location hidden

#10 Mar 1, 2013
Edio wrote:
<quoted text>
And he has a FABULOUS website! LOL.
http://www.georgganswein.com/homeenglish.html
He's certainly pretty in pink, isn't he?

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Location hidden

#11 Mar 1, 2013
Jeb wrote:
<quoted text>
What a savvy, wise, sexy, hunkalicious studmuffin you are. You're special.
Why, thank you, Jeb. I've always thought you were the cutest of the Bush boys. But as I've said repeatedly, I don't sleep with my personal b*tches, and I'm not going to break that rule for you.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12 Mar 1, 2013
I don't like calumny nor detraction.

http://catholicism.about.com/od/Catholic-Dict...

There's quite enough confirmed and open about Bennie (ex. "Condoms help to spread HIV/AIDS") that is worthy of severe criticism.

Nothing else is needed.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Mar 1, 2013
We don't want him, let the person who aided and abetted child molesters die.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Location hidden

#14 Mar 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
I don't like calumny nor detraction.
http://catholicism.about.com/od/Catholic-Dict...
There's quite enough confirmed and open about Bennie (ex. "Condoms help to spread HIV/AIDS") that is worthy of severe criticism.
Nothing else is needed.
It sounds as though you're saying that anyone who speculates about Benedict's possible homosexual orientation is injuring Benedict's innate right to honor and respect.

That, in turn, implies that you believe there is something inherently wrong with said sexual orientation.

That doesn't sound like you. Would you care to clarify?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 Mar 1, 2013
Otter in the Ozarks wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds as though you're saying that anyone who speculates about Benedict's possible homosexual orientation is injuring Benedict's innate right to honor and respect.
That, in turn, implies that you believe there is something inherently wrong with said sexual orientation.
That doesn't sound like you. Would you care to clarify?
"sounds" can be misleading, especially when filtered through bias.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#17 Mar 1, 2013
Jeb wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame, heard so much about you. Since you can handle a big 11 incher with ease, maybe you could make an exception just this once????
oooooo SO curious.....

Littleton, NH

#18 Mar 1, 2013
Jeb, do you really think Otter would make an exception for you just because he'd hardly notice your pinkie-sized member? Would that be some sort of mercy mission?
John E

Sterling Heights, MI

#20 Mar 1, 2013
Jeb wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame, heard so much about you. Since you can handle a big 11 incher with ease, maybe you could make an exception just this once????
as we've seen time again, the most rabid homophobes are always the closet cases who are either secretly wanting it or actually getting it on the side.

Prophetic words
Larry

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#21 Mar 1, 2013
Theirs no real evidence Pope Benedict 16 is a homosexual none whatsoever-this just some gay blogger with a mean streak in him trying to justify his own homosexuality.

Littleton, NH

#36 Mar 1, 2013
Jeb wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but he would, because he appreciates size and balk, unlike some of what you, so called young studs, might have. It would be merciful if he couldn't handle, but I know he can.
Funny. I don't think Otter ever said anything about chasing chubbies. In fact, the name suggests rather the opposite.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#37 Mar 1, 2013
Jeb wrote:
Oh but he would, because he appreciates size and balk, unlike some of what you, so called young studs, might have. It would be merciful if he couldn't handle, but I know he can.
Hah! "Balk" is right.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Location hidden

#41 Mar 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"sounds" can be misleading, especially when filtered through bias.
Well, that's certainly a snotty answer to a friendly, well-intended and innocent question.

Your original post was confusing to begin with because of the way it was worded. I had to think a moment before I realized that you meant to say, "I like NEITHER calumny NOR detraction."

According to the Catholic encyclopedia, "calumny" involves unjustly accusing someone of a FAULT or CRIME of which they are NOT GUILTY. "Detraction" is the act of damaging a person's reputation by publicizing a FAULT or CRIME of which they are GUILTY, or which you believe them to be GUILTY.

So do you consider being gay to be a FAULT or a CRIME? That is the question I was asking ... apparently I was being too indirect by trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

“Adam and Steve”

Since: Aug 08

Earth

#42 Mar 1, 2013
Otter in the Ozarks wrote:
<quoted text>
He's certainly pretty in pink, isn't he?
Evidently the Italian version of Vanity Fair thought so too, because they put him on their cover, with the line: "Being handsome isn't a sin." LOL.

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Location hidden

#43 Mar 1, 2013
Jeb wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame, heard so much about you. Since you can handle a big 2 incher with ease, maybe you could make an exception just this once????
Please, stop. In the first place, you shouldn't be stalking me. That's creepy.

In the second place, you shouldn't be demeaning yourself by begging for sexual favors. Desperation isn't attractive.

Run along now and play with yourself. I meant, by yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 560,596
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
More from around the web