I'm an atheist but this anti-Catholic rhetoric is making me nervous | Padraig Reidy

Aug 21, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Guardian Unlimited

The church's critics have been mobilised by the Pope's visit but the rhetoric is tipping over into the extreme The messages keep coming: "We Protest the Pope: Want to join us?" asked the first, a few weeks ago.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Judged:

I'm an atheist, and this anti-Catholic rhetoric is making me optimistic that some day, if enough people demand justice loudly and angrily enough, even people with clerical collars will be held to the same legal and social standards as all other dangerous criminals - being incarcerated and publicly reviled.

That's progress!

Since: Aug 10

Hamburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

It aint necessarily so wrote:
I'm an atheist, and this anti-Catholic rhetoric is making me optimistic that some day, if enough people demand justice loudly and angrily enough, even people with clerical collars will be held to the same legal and social standards as all other dangerous criminals - being incarcerated and publicly reviled.
That's progress!
The ped. priests are being protected. The average citizen sure wouldn't be.
nina

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

they are already publically reviled

now they just need to be in jail

terrible when the pedo-priest-criminals also get to pardon each other

(funny coincidence: the numbers I had to enter to post was 1984)

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

57,199,000 or about 25% adult Americans self-identify as Catholics. It's understandable to rail against the Church and its known pedophile priests and to refute its teachings, some of which are vile and destructive, but to slam the larger population of Catholics is unjust.
Dan Dougherty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
57,199,000 or about 25% adult Americans self-identify as Catholics. It's understandable to rail against the Church and its known pedophile priests and to refute its teachings, some of which are vile and destructive, but to slam the larger population of Catholics is unjust.
www.scribd.com/doc/22550327/St ealing-the-Keys... The history, doctrines and motives of the Catholic Church EXPOSED!
Dan Dougherty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

RealTessie

Hamburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

NightSerf wrote:
I've always said that I was lucky to know good priests and nuns. When all these scandals broke, I was shocked beyond belief. I never suspected a thing!
But there is a God

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

Today Athiests, I am going to prove to you there's a God!!!, please hear me out. When I was a Teenager, I would kinda blame God for something that went wrong, then I would shout at God to perform oral sex on me, so to speak. When I turned 20, I grew out of this, then two years after this on a rainy spring day I asked God for a wife, just a simple one mind you. I did not ask for riches or fame, just a simple wife in whom I would have been very pleased!!!. About 5 months after this God gave me a rotten wh**e, He gave me a real bad woman!!!...!!!. Now I am familiar with the Third commandment, where it says that God will not hold you guiltless for taking His stupid, rotten, trouble-making name in vain. Boy I learnt my lesson GOD WILL LITERALLY RAPE YOU IF YOU TAKE HIS NAME IN VAIN!!!, like He did me. God is unforgivable because I can forgive if someone does something like that to me, like this one boy in High school, Jessie. He told me to perform oral sex on Him one day but I forgave Him, that rotten Scumbag in Heaven knows I did!!!. I can forgive but God caint so that makes me better and stronger then Him!!!...!!!. Anyway, God gives wife's to men that kills, abuses, tortures, smarts back and makes them do deviant sexual acts on them, god gives wife's to people like that. He won't give them to someone that will take care of them!. Of course I didn't let old God get a way with raping me and putting me through the mill. No sir!!!, I PUT IT TO HIM NOW!!!...!!!, HAHAHAHAHA!!!.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••