Hijacked Turkish Plane Lands in Italy

Hijacked Turkish Plane Lands in Italy

There are 185 comments on the The Associated Press story from Oct 3, 2006, titled Hijacked Turkish Plane Lands in Italy . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

A Turkish Airlines plane carrying 107 passengers from Tirana, Albania to Istanbul, Turkey, was hijacked Tuesday and landed at Italy's Brindisi airport, a company spokesman said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Mr Seymour

Sweden

#1 Oct 3, 2006
This is very important. The turkish goverment wants the world to see Turkey as a western nation. But in fact most turks especially in the smaller cities are moslem. In Ankara they forbidd people to take pictures in the subway. Cause people are praying, it to "islamic".
Hanson

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Oct 3, 2006
To Mr.Symour:

I'm sure that you have not been to Ankara, or any other city in Turkey. It is a western country with different faiths.
Mr Seymour

Sweden

#3 Oct 3, 2006
To MR HAnson, iv been to Turkey. Its not. You have been foled like westerners are in China and North Korea. You get to see the big cities. If you go out to the 90% population you will see a big diffrence. the Turkish goverment fools you, they forbidd headscarf in school just to please the west and join EU. have YOU ever been to turkey? i mean REAL turkey not Istanbull and Ankara, even do its pretty islamic there to. PEople prey at praying time in the central train station. The police is there then to stop westerners from taking pictures.

China is pretty much the same, north korea got that picture thing to.
Ali Turkoglu

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#4 Oct 3, 2006
Mr Seymour wrote:
To MR HAnson, iv been to Turkey. Its not. You have been foled like westerners are in China and North Korea. You get to see the big cities. If you go out to the 90% population you will see a big diffrence. the Turkish goverment fools you, they forbidd headscarf in school just to please the west and join EU. have YOU ever been to turkey? i mean REAL turkey not Istanbull and Ankara, even do its pretty islamic there to. PEople prey at praying time in the central train station. The police is there then to stop westerners from taking pictures.
China is pretty much the same, north korea got that picture thing to.
Mr.Seymour....
I am a Turk,yet i have never seen this happen anywhere in Tr at anytime!!!
GfC

Ottawa, Canada

#5 Oct 3, 2006
Ali Turkoglu wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr.Seymour....
Careful Ali, Mr. Seymour might be an undercover ultra religious Christian Zionist Warrior, capable of bringing down his God's wrath on all of us who do not subscribe to his views!...lol...lol
Mr Seymour

Sweden

#6 Oct 3, 2006
Ali Turkoglu wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr.Seymour....
You live in the uk and probably have a rich turkish family and not the turkish perople family, here are some pics i found. The hottie blond dosent have a vail cause she belongs to a minority turk that isnt islamic, the pictures are very bad cause the camera need to be hidden cause the police confiscates. Turkey wants to appear "western" and "unarabic".

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n282/Sorav...

This is the central station, the goverment dont want to build new mosques, at least as fast as the poppulation moves in to big cities. So the majority run in to trouble.
Cengiz the Great

New Zealand

#7 Oct 3, 2006
Ali Turkoglu wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr.Seymour....
Friend Ali,
Commun, we do pray in Ankara Metro, we are proudly Muslms.

(Ayib bi sey degil ki kardesim, niye utaniyun?) kendine iyi bak, gurbetci vatandasin Cengiz
Born free - molon lave

Plympton, Australia

#8 Oct 3, 2006
Mr Seymour wrote:
<quoted text>You live in the uk and probably have a rich turkish family and not the turkish perople family, here are some pics i found. The hottie blond dosent have a vail cause she belongs to a minority turk that isnt islamic, the pictures are very bad cause the camera need to be hidden cause the police confiscates. Turkey wants to appear "western" and "unarabic".
This is the central station, the goverment dont want to build new mosques, at least as fast as the poppulation moves in to big cities. So the majority run in to trouble.
Thank you for showing us these mindless sheep. They can try to hide but in the end we see all.
Gokhan

Istanbul, Turkey

#9 Oct 3, 2006
Turkey is not a rich country so being the only democratic and secular one in the all Islamic geography is not enough. By making new reforms to close the gap between western civilizations and, as a result of that, we hope to be more rational & modern "with/without your understanding".
Born free - molon lave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for showing us these mindless sheep. They can try to hide but in the end we see all.
Gokhan

Istanbul, Turkey

#10 Oct 3, 2006
And the hijacker is a Christian Turk, imprisoned before refusing to enter Turkish Army(because he says it is Muslim army)..

Anyway it is obvious that he has mental problems, so will be who tries to give a decision about Turks by looking such an incident.

For example I am not saying that most of the Americans are child abusers or something by looking to the popular newspapers..
Monte M

Spain

#11 Oct 3, 2006
Ali Turkoglu wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr.Seymour....
You are refuted by pictures and a fellow Turk on this board who tells you he is proud of praying at the train stations.
Either you are blind, you are lieing or you're a British wannabe that's never been to Turky in the first place.
You are a real peice of shit.
Monte M

Spain

#12 Oct 3, 2006
Gokhan wrote:
And the hijacker is a Christian Turk, imprisoned before refusing to enter Turkish Army(because he says it is Muslim army)..
Anyway it is obvious that he has mental problems, so will be who tries to give a decision about Turks by looking such an incident.
For example I am not saying that most of the Americans are child abusers or something by looking to the popular newspapers..
Mental problems??? He just wants no part in Turkey's depraved national intitutions. I don't blame him. Do you think he has mental problems because he left Islam for Christianity?
He's the most sane Turk I've read about in a long time.
Gokhan

Istanbul, Turkey

#13 Oct 3, 2006
So you are from one of the poorest countries in the world and the more irrational you have become, maybe you are no older than fifteen I don't know.
You cannot even describe yourself without swearing.

He's out of mind not because he says he's Christian, just because he hijacked a plane maybe you have noticed that beside your artificial anger towards Turks. I am happy that Turkey Armenians are not like you..
Monte M wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental problems??? He just wants no part in Turkey's depraved national intitutions. I don't blame him. Do you think he has mental problems because he left Islam for Christianity?
He's the most sane Turk I've read about in a long time.
Nikitaras

France

#14 Oct 4, 2006
Gokhan wrote:
I fail to see how a christian would have objections to Pope's visit. Please stop bending reality cause it can only be fed by a black hole...
Nikitaras

France

#15 Oct 4, 2006
GfC wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful Ali, Mr. Seymour might be an undercover ultra religious Christian Zionist Warrior, capable of bringing down his God's wrath on all of us who do not subscribe to his views!...lol...lol
I think you are judging too fast GfC because I see he gives some evidence.
Alif

Singapore, Singapore

#16 Oct 4, 2006
You will find most of the Turks trying some trick or the other to enter the E.U.Turkish extremist are going to dominate Turkey and its citizens will flee the country for E.U. states.
Gokhan

Istanbul, Turkey

#17 Oct 4, 2006
"The man who hijacked a Turkish plane today was an army deserter who had fled to Albania and was seeking political asylum.
Ekinci, 28, had written to Pope Benedict in August to seek the pontiff’s help to avoid military service in Turkey, the state-owned Anatolia news agency reported."

You are right, he has no objections to the visit, he just calls help from him..

Regards from Constantinopolis,
Nikitaras wrote:
<quoted text>
I fail to see how a christian would have objections to Pope's visit. Please stop bending reality cause it can only be fed by a black hole...
Nikitaras

France

#19 Oct 4, 2006
Gokhan wrote:
"The man who hijacked a Turkish plane today was an army deserter who had fled to Albania and was seeking political asylum.
Ekinci, 28, had written to Pope Benedict in August to seek the pontiff�s help to avoid military service in Turkey, the state-owned Anatolia news agency reported."
You are right, he has no objections to the visit, he just calls help from him..
Regards from Constantinopolis,
<quoted text>
"the STATE(state I repeat)-owned Anatolia news agency reported"
Ringing any bells to you? It sure does to me.
heyalb

UK

#21 Oct 4, 2006
i'm glad he wasn't albanian, because o my gosh that would be a disgrace for us albanians!

anyways turks have always killed cristians but too afraid to admit it. and the saddess thing is they always get away with it! why?...... becuase of isreal!

he properly wanted to kill the popo. turks are famous for killing cristians. I'm glad i'm NOT turkish. but i'm albanian and proud!
GfC

Canada

#22 Oct 4, 2006
Nikitaras wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are judging too fast GfC because I see he gives some evidence.
Nikitaras,

I could care less about the “evidence” since what is really at stake here is not whether Muslims in Turkey pray or not. Who cares if they do? I certainly don't.

Greeks (according to the most recent survey) do two things more than anybody else in Europe.

One, they have the most sex per week than the rest of Europeans, with Croatia a close second (oh, I know I'll get more than just a few comments about this but such is life).

Two, they are the most religious country of all European countries by far. So, how is this any different than Muslims in Turkey praying? It's not except if you have prejudice and bias against Muslims in Turkey.

Perhaps people feel that praying as they do is somehow akin (connected) to the belief that they are an ultra fundamentalist Islamic country. I know that many Turkish people would be outright angry and disgusted at being compared to Muslims from other countries. Remember, Turkish people are neither Arab, nor Persian, nor Egyptian, nor Indonesian, nor North African.

So, for Mr. Seymour and his hidden shoe cam, I have no respect. If somebody were to provide proof (tangible proof) that inside the mosques in Turkey, the clerics are spouting anti-west rhetoric, then that would be a different scenario all together. No evidence has ever come up so far indicating this. So, I stand by my original comment and find these pictures (at best) amusing, at worst, an attempt to give prejudice to an entire people based on superficial issues (religion).

Nikitaras, it is my belief that whatever your posts say, you must hold steadfast to a certain axiom. That is, always treat other people’s history, culture and ethnicity with respect, always speak from an informed and educated opinion, always look at things critically and un-passionately, particularly as it relates to any issue that directly affects you, never bend, alter or outright lie (omit) proven facts and always (when possible) use discoveries, science, scientific reasoning and logical reasoning when trying to prove or disprove anything.

I have tried to do as such with the whole FYROM issue. I give no credence to the individuals who practice historical revisionism. These people are fools and should appropriately be treated as such.

On the EU and Turkey issue I would say lets stop the double standard treatment of religion within the context of Turkish (Muslim) society and European (Christian) society as I mentioned above in my post.

Best Regards,
GfC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min truth 650,557
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web